Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

Still BS reasoning to me... why save the timeouts? Is there a new rule that allows them to carry over?

exactly, he said he wanted to make the patriots have to execute their 2 minute system with the clock running. We have all seen them execute this for over a decade now, they have been the best in the league in drives before the half for how many seasons now? Whether you thought it was a catch or not the right move was to take a TO to let NY look at it, and get your defense regrouped and on the same page in case it stayed a catch.

I got this from one of the comments in the article:

“Smart move. You can cash in those unused timeouts at the end of the season for boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts.” - Andy Reid

:spit:

exactly, he said he wanted to make the patriots have to execute their 2 minute system with the clock running. We have all seen them execute this for over a decade now, they have been the best in the league in drives before the half for how many seasons now? Whether you thought it was a catch or not the right move was to take a TO to let NY look at it, and get your defense regrouped and on the same page in case it stayed a catch.

Right. He wants to make the Patriots hurry like he thinks #12 is a rookie or something. Really? This guy has just never had a clue since he's been here. Can't figure out what QB he wants, can't figure out what offense he wants, gets a bunch of speedy players and doesn't utilize that speed, finally gets a QB, has an entire off-season to watch him work and decides Savage is the starter, has turned his home office into a room full of timeouts he's collected over the years, there's just something really wrong with this guy.

Right. He wants to make the Patriots hurry like he thinks #12 is a rookie or something. Really? This guy has just never had a clue since he's been here. Can't figure out what QB he wants, can't figure out what offense he wants, gets a bunch of speedy players and doesn't utilize that speed, finally gets a QB, has an entire off-season to watch him work and decides Savage is the starter, has turned his home office into a room full of timeouts he's collected over the years, there's just something really wrong with this guy.

I don’t like using this phrase but he was coaching scared.

By saying he didn’t want to call a time out to give Bill, Tom, and Josh time to draw up a play that tells me he didn’t have confidence in Romeo, he defensive players, or himself to combat it.

Elsewhere, it has been posted that Sua Filo has been signed by the Cowboys to pick his brains about the Texans. The Cowboys, though have much better reason (though misguided) to sign him up...............they have just lost their backup LG Parker Ehinger to IR for a knee injury. Filo will now be backing up unproven rookie Connor Williams.

Elsewhere, it has been posted that Sua Filo has been signed by the Cowboys to pick his brains about the Texans. The Cowboys, though have much better reason (though misguided) to sign him up...............they have just lost their backup LG Parker Ehinger to IR for a knee injury.
I knew that when I posted about X getting signed. Just tried making a funny out of it.

Spent all that money on Colvin and we only played him on 55% of the defensive snaps on Sunday in favor of Kevin Johnsons 87%. Obviously, that will change now with the injury, I just found that odd. Reid only played on 32% of the defensive snaps.

Elsewhere, it has been posted that Sua Filo has been signed by the Cowboys to pick his brains about the Texans. The Cowboys, though have much better reason (though misguided) to sign him up...............they have just lost their backup LG Parker Ehinger to IR for a knee injury. Filo will now be backing up unproven rookie Connor Williams.

Even if we were playing the Cowboys next week, the major reason that players get picked up is to play football. The "picking a players brain" stuff is a best a side benefit that happens way less than so-call smart football fans think.

I mean did Sua filo come off as some student of the game with this brain full of minor tidbits that helped him be a more nuanced, veteran NFL player.

Scouts scout teams. Players play games.

Last edited:
The Texans signed DB Tyrann Mathieu to a one-year deal back in March, and he was a lone bright spot for the Houston defense in their loss to the Patriots. Mathieu became the first Texans player with an interception and a fumble recovery in the same game since Tim Dobbins in 2012. -- per ESPN

There is a blast from the past.

Texans need Bill O’Brien, Deshaun Watson to get their games in gear

Brian T. Smith , Houston Chronicle Sep. 10, 2018 Updated: Sep. 10, 2018 6:21 p.m.
Talk about stating the obvious. I just re-watched the game and the biggest things that stood out to me is that OB tries to be too cute with his play calling and Tony Romo is a fantastic color analyst. I think this is the 1st game I've heard him call.

EDIT: Watson's game was terrible. Hopefully, he can fix it in Nashville and hang 50+ on the tAcks.

The Texans signed DB Tyrann Mathieu to a one-year deal back in March, and he was a lone bright spot for the Houston defense in their loss to the Patriots. Mathieu became the first Texans player with an interception and a fumble recovery in the same game since Tim Dobbins in 2012. -- per ESPN

There is a blast from the past.
Reader, KJ and second half JJ would disagree that Mathieu was the lone bright spot.

I remember seeing a video of this Connor Williams prospect, a North Texas product, balling like a 12 year old kid when Jerry drafted him. Might have something to do with
why the Jones took a chance on him, big Cowboys fan and all. But another college tackle who's moved inside.

Interesting................the Titans have signed David Quessenberry............to the PS.................hope they're not just screwing with him for info.

Reactions: Max
The Texans have worked out OTs Texans Chris Clark, Austin Howard, and Cornelius Lucas.
Not seriously suggesting there would be even the slightes chance but, wonder how much the Texans would be willing to pay Joe Thomas to come out of retirement for just the 2018 season?

Do you know what a clerihew is? It's a pithy little poem named after Edmund Clerihew Bentley. Here is mine in the classic form:

Liquidator

You can find it at WalMart.
Buying there might not be smart.
Everything cheap.
Nothing you'd keep.

Interesting take prior to this year's draft.

5 things to know about Raiders new CB Shareece Wright

Will Reeve Jr.

3/20/2018

Wright has bounced around the League while earning the badge of one of the NFL's worst cover corners..........burnt toast comes to mind. He has not gone a single season since (and including) 2011 his rookie year without significant multiple lower limb injuries. Seems like the only way he has been able to sustain less injuries is to play less.

Interesting take prior to this year's draft.

5 things to know about Raiders new CB Shareece Wright

Will Reeve Jr.

3/20/2018

Wright has bounced around the League while earning the badge of one of the NFL's worst cover corners..........burnt toast comes to mind. He has not gone a single season since (and including) 2011 his rookie year without significant multiple lower limb injuries. Seems like the only way he has been able to sustain less injuries is to play less.

Ah, sounds like our perfect guy..... Not!

Gosh. Chris Clark? He's been around the block a time or two since 2008. But I guess with the state of our O-Line he has to be considered. He knows our system already. I just don't know if he's healthy enough. I still remember when Rick Smith called John Elway from his car and traded for him on HBO's Hard Knocks.

Gosh. Chris Clark? He's been around the block a time or two since 2008. But I guess with the state of our O-Line he has to be considered. He knows our system already. I just don't know if he's healthy enough. I still remember when Rick Smith called John Elway from his car and traded for him on HBO's Hard Knocks.

I believe the Panthers just signed him

Texans PR‏Verified account@TexansPR 20h20 hours ago

New #Texans CB @ShareeceWright is a veteran of seven NFL seasons and has appeared in 79 games with 48 starts. Wright will wear No. 43 in Houston. #TexansTidbits

Dm64RgzWsAEHoIc.jpg

My random thought today is that I wish Gaine would have went to go work for a better organization than Buffalo. If we're going to ride the nepotism train wish it would be with better players.

You know, I've shoveled a lot of blame on Casserly and RS for the state of this organization but I was thinking about this during some downtime (throne) and realized I'd been too much blame on the wrong guys. See, it was McNair's who hired these GM's......these GM's in turn brought in their HC's who developed the strategies that have the product that we've seen on the field of play for the past 15 seasons.

Had McNair been willing to pull the trigger on his non-performing GM's sooner, he might not have missed on some the good one's who went to other organizations. One could've been John Lynch, who's done a knockout job with the 49's....both in the draft and free agency.

Instead of Smith - O'Brien or Gaine -O'Brien imagine if the Texans had got Lynch and he hired either Shanahan or McVay as HC......there could've been a slightly different outlook by Texans fans entering Year 3 of their tenures.

yup, shipped out Monday no other update since, but hopefully I get it next week. Got a battle red #32 I can't wait for

I had 2 orders ship out that day as well. My fastest delivery was a week, slowest was 11 days. Most times they just show up at my door; USPS will say it's a customs while I'm opening the package at home. Please share some pics when it comes in.

You know, I've shoveled a lot of blame on Casserly and RS for the state of this organization but I was thinking about this during some downtime (throne) and realized I'd been too much blame on the wrong guys. See, it was McNair's who hired these GM's......these GM's in turn brought in their HC's who developed the strategies that have the product that we've seen on the field of play for the past 15 seasons.

Had McNair been willing to pull the trigger on his non-performing GM's sooner, he might not have missed on some the good one's who went to other organizations. One could've been John Lynch, who's done a knockout job with the 49's....both in the draft and free agency.

Instead of Smith - O'Brien or Gaine -O'Brien imagine if the Texans had got Lynch and he hired either Shanahan or McVay as HC......there could've been a slightly different outlook by Texans fans entering Year 3 of their tenures.

Yep,

If McVay here McNair might have let him and Snead pay top $$$$ for Whitworth/Suh/Woods in FA and trade for Talib/Peters/Cooks. You know guys that have helped transformed the Rams into one of the best teams in the NFL.

Back