Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Panthers Pre-season Gameday Thread

I tip my hat to you. After some research I found you were right with the tumblwood. Has to be "Kali tragus" and it actually grows in Austria. Albeit in the steppe of eastern Austria and Hungary. Oops. Rep for you.
And "grillen" is definitly popular in Germany, I don't know if it is comparable to a Texas bbq though.

Cool. I enjoyed sharing it.

Told you so.

Case in at QB. Kubiak said he was maybe going to get a chance tonight.

Well I'm not so sure that BBQ is traditionally German. I think Germans think that BBQ is traditionally American.
Are you sure about the tumblewood? If it grows in Germany it has to be from the north. I'm not that familiar with the vegetation up north. BUt down in the South or in Austria I don't know any plant that would fit the description. COuld be wrong about both things though.

Our German family ran four butcher shops in Galveston. BBQ as people commonly think of now has little relation to German food other than the sausage which is a big part of Texas tradition.

As an aside, you would have had to punch my grandfather to get him to serve ketchup. I still crack up how my English grandmother on the other side was freaked out by my mom eating bacon and jelly on toast for breakfast. The sweets and meets things never stuck with me.

Tumbleweeds are not from Germany. There are multiple plants which get called tumbleweeds and they are asiatic and african.

Meggett looks good too. Didn't impress me in the only college game I saw of him against Temple last year. Doesn't say much because Maryland sucked.

Our German family ran four butcher shops in Galveston. BBQ as people commonly think of now has little relation to German food other than the sausage which is a big part of Texas tradition.

As an aside, you would have had to punch my grandfather to get him to serve ketchup. I still crack up how my English grandmother on the other side was freaked out by my mom eating bacon and jelly on toast for breakfast. The sweets and meets things never stuck with me.

Tumbleweeds are not from Germany. There are multiple plants which get called tumbleweeds and they are asiatic and african.

I must have missed the part where asiatics and africans settled Texas. Get a grip bro. You can learn something if you're willing. Have you spent any time in Germany? Didnt think so.Oxtail is only slightly a step down from brisket. Both tough as hell unless you slow cook em then they are kind of tasty :). The german gravy is almost identical to bbq sauce without the jalapenos.

Well...at 9:00 NFLN will switch to the late game (Titans/Seahawks) so we might not get to see all of the 4th qtr here.

I hate that. I want to see the guys battling for a roster spot.

By the way , Sean Loiseau is in at LB (#90). Don't know if he's just now in or has been for awhile now.

Well...at 9:00 NFLN will switch to the late game (Titans/Seahawks) so we might not get to see all of the 4th qtr here.

I hate that. I want to see the guys battling for a roster spot.

By the way , Sean Loiseau is in at LB (#90). Don't know if he's just now in or has been for awhile now.

Noticed him making a special teams tackle. Other than that not so much.

Ugghhh... Probably a borderline holding call there on that run. He let the guy go though. Oh well. LOL

I must have missed the part where asiatics and african settled Texas. Get a grip bro. You can learn something if you're willing. Have you spent any time in Germany? Didnt think so.Oxtail is only slightly a step down from brisket. Both tough as hell unless you slow cook em then they are kind of tasty :).

Umm, yes in addition to being German on both sides of my family with one side being those Germans who came here before Texas was independent. Oxtail is a traditional meal in our family. You're barking up the wrong tree. I am sorry if you can't comprehend that plants travel in more ways than intentional importation by predominate immigrant groups.

Noticed him making a special teams tackle. Other than that not so much.

I saw #90 flash onto my TV screen and it took me a second to remember its Loiseau and not Mario.

Kinda weird to see a #90 out there in the 4th qtr if preseason game 1.

Umm, yes in addition to being German on both sides of my family with one side being those Germans who came here before Texas was independent. Oxtail is a traditional meal in our family. You're barking up the wrong tree. I am sorry if you can't comprehend that plants travel in more ways than intentional importation by predominate immigrant groups.

You are wrong my man. Instead of talking out your backside, experience life young buck.

Germans and Czechs who settled this mofo brought their food practices with them. I'll bet you a side of brisket your grandfather would agree with my observations if you inquired. Beets didn't make the trip thankfully. They complete the meal in tradition German fair. Oxtail, tongue, shoulder (brisket), pickled beets and cucumbers, graby, potato salad to the tumblin tumbleweed, all central european imports.

You are wrong my man. Instead of talking out your backside, experience life young buck.

Germans and Czechs who settled this mofo brought their food practices with them. I'll bet you a side of brisket your grandfather would agree with my observations if you inquired. Beets didn't make the trip thankfully. They complete the meal in tradition German fair. Oxtail, tongue, shoulder (brisket), pickled beets and cucumbers, graby, potato salad to the tumblin tumbleweed, all central european imports.

Pickled beets are actually pretty tasty. And healthy.

Why don't we just enjoy the game. Nothing personal but who cares.

LOL. Well, they let us see the FG.

I had serious doubts they would let us see it.

Bullock nailed it.

Why don't we just enjoy the game. Nothing personal but who cares.

No ****. Thank you for saying that.

Geez, it's freaking meat and vegetables. Nobody gets an award for proving where it came from.

It tastes great, that's all that matters.

Back