Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Panthers Pre-season Gameday Thread

Yeah... dude was "In the Grasp". Give Bryant his sack dammit.
:foottap:

Edit:
While I'm happy with the result; I didn't know that sort of thing (in the grasp/down by contact) was reviewable.

You are wrong my man. Instead of talking out your backside, experience life young buck.

Germans and Czechs who settled this mofo brought their food practices with them. I'll bet you a side of brisket your grandfather would agree with my observations if you inquired. Beets didn't make the trip thankfully. They complete the meal in tradition German fair. Oxtail, tongue, shoulder (brisket), pickled beets and cucumbers, graby, potato salad to the tumblin tumbleweed, all central european imports.

OK last post and then you can go pull your own solo ignorance jerk. You said BBQ.

Yes potato salad, cole slaw and pickles have a strong although not unique German tradition. But once again you said BBQ. Find me a BBQ place serving tongue or oxtail which are new subjects and not BBQ although both were served in my family. Similarly while Germans use brisket they didn't bring over the BBQ cooking technique for it.

And if you are going to be obnoxious about this stuff you need to be correct. Brisket doesn't come off the shoulder. It comes from the breast inside the foreleg.

Pickled beets are actually pretty tasty. And healthy.

Takes getting used to. I went "wild" on the Switzerland leg of my trip. Couldn't get used to the beets. Honestly had a hard time eating any of it :).

New world peppers rock.

Peppers are another form of pre-refrigeration preservation, along with salt and smoke. I met a guy in Oaxaca who explained why peppers are so important in the tropical zone. Makes sun baked putrid beef edible. High vitaminC (acid) content kills the e coli.

OK last post and then you can go pull your own solo ignorance jerk. You said BBQ.

Yes potato salad, cole slaw and pickles have a strong although not unique German tradition. But once again you said BBQ. Find me a BBQ place serving tongue or oxtail which are new subjects and not BBQ although both were served in my family. Similarly while Germans use brisket they didn't bring over the BBQ cooking technique for it.

And if you are going to be obnoxious about this stuff you need to be correct. Brisket doesn't come off the shoulder. It comes from the breast inside the foreleg.

I am so sorry my knowledge share impuned your proud but dumb ass. Peace.

Freaking Gary Kubiak will run three straight times here.

(Sigh).

Get it into the air. It's preseason.

Takes getting used to. I went "wild" on the Switzerland leg of my trip. Couldn't get used to the beets. Honestly had a hard time eating any of it :).

New world peppers rock.

Peppers are another form of pre-refrigeration preservation, along with salt and smoke. I met a guy in Oaxaca who explained why peppers are so important in the tropical zone. Makes sun baked putrid beef edible. High vitaminC (acid) content kills the e coli.

Sorry for the OT. But I think the Capscaicin has more to to with killing the ecoli than Vitamin C. (a weak enol acid)

See what your guys can do on three straight tosses to the EZ!!!

This is when you work on that ****, especially when your third or fourth string QB might need the experience for later in the reg season! Right?

It's a game situation. Bette than practice situations. So work on red zone stuff.

That's it homies - welcome to the 2012 season. 26-13 Texans over Panthers.

A couple of bad turnovers and wasn't impressed with Ball's coverage (or the refs) but otherwise, it all looked good and no injuries it seemed.

durr durr, knowledge is scary huh. Durr. I'm sure you received a first class houston ghetto teacher educ-macation. Derr. Or is it spelled durr? ****ing dumb kids. Go Obama, right. This is the six pack of Dogfishhead talking but everyone of you closeminded fewls can kiss my ass.

A few observations from tonight's game:

1. Jean & Martin looked good. Nice catches from both of them.

2. Posey really didn't. Did he record one catch tonight? Possible rust from not playing last year, but Jean/Martin are definitely ahead of him.

3. Grimes looked legit. I wouldn't risk him on the practice-squad.

4. Alan Ball played terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut tomorrow.

5. All four QB's looked good. I expected Schaub/Yates to, but Keenum/Beck did alright too.

6. Whitney Mercilus played good. He recorded a sack and he was in on a few other pressures also. Really impressed me.

It's not personal, though it seems that way.

You went all educational on us during a football thread. Then bristled when challenged in your statements.

We all just made jokes out of it.

Plus, I've had a few beerz. LOL.

1. Grimes can move the chains.
2. Loved the reverse to Martin. Glad he's doing good.
3. Randy Bullock's 52-yard kick was awesome.
4. Holliday's return was impressive but it was against the Panthers...
5. Graham (TE) did good, and showed that he can take hits.

holliday_medium.gif

better than slaton :kitten:

durr durr, knowledge is scary huh. Durr. I'm sure you received a first class houston ghetto teacher educ-macation. Derr. Or is it spelled durr? ****ing dumb kids. Go Obama, right. This is the six pack of Dogfishhead talking but everyone of you closeminded fewls can kiss my ass.

You went from zero to a-hole really fast! What's with the hostility just because some people may disagree with your oh-so-important pronouncements about all things German and barbeque? Thin skin must be a German trait.

what the hell are you talking about?

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

On the game, I liked what I saw out of Martin. The end around is something Jacoby could never do.

oh, and the refs sucked.

First, I want to say that this was the best German barbeque-and-foliage online flameout I've ever read.

Secondly, this game has given me a gut feeling that Newton will win that tackle position. Still a lot of preseason left, so we'll see.

Back