Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Panthers Pre-season Gameday Thread

That ball never hit the ground, it was "in continuation" and we came up with it.

If it gets ruled incomplete, it'll be a horrible review call. Easiest call in all of football right there.

That would be a Texans Brown Ale. Bock's are lagers & can range in color from golden to opaque.

Well....

It's brown to me. Does not have an amber (Coors Light) look nor taste to it.

Don't politicize this, beerlover! LOL.

In Texas, brother, you drink brown beers all year long. Season or no.

That's how we roll.

The best part of Texas is German. That bbq you worship? German mainstay. They take the rough cuts of beef and turn them into food. slow cooked beef, spicy ketchup, potato salad, onions, pickles, all the stuff you get at any roadside gas station in Germany. Germans are the reason Texas is a superior state. I'm not German (okay partially) and I know that to be the truth.

Did you know the Texas Tumbleweed is a sage bush imported from Germany. It was drought resistant food for cattle.

Yeah I know bock beers. They are stronger and dark and where I live you traditionally drink them at hollidays such as christmas or easter.

The best part of Texas is German. That bbq you worship? German mainstay. They take the rough cuts of beef and turn them into food. slow cooked beef, spicy ketchup, potato salad, onions, pickles, all the stuff you get at any roadside gas station in Germany. Germans are the reason Texas is a superior state. I'm not German (okay partially) and I know that to be the truth.

Did you know the Texas Tumbleweed is a sage bush imported from Germany. It was drought resistant food for cattle.

Blasphemy!

Beck expertly looked off the MLB on that pass to Jean.

Two nice runs by Grimes back to back to get the first Texans offensive TD of the night.

Beck handled the drive very well.

Keenum isnt playing Kubes said.

Not exactly true.

Kubiak said he'd like to get Keenum in there but it'll be Beck ahead of Keenum.

With how good Beck looked, with how much time is left...I think Keenum will get a few 4th qtr snaps tonight.

Well I'm not so sure that BBQ is traditionally German. I think Germans think that BBQ is traditionally American.
Are you sure about the tumblewood? If it grows in Germany it has to be from the north. I'm not that familiar with the vegetation up north. BUt down in the South or in Austria I don't know any plant that would fit the description. COuld be wrong about both things though.

Well I'm not so sure that BBQ is traditionally German. I think Germans think that BBQ is traditionally American.
Are you sure about the tumblewood? If it grows in Germany it has to be from the north. I'm not that familiar with the vegetation up north. BUt down in the South or in Austria I don't know any plant that would fit the description. COuld be wrong about both things though.

The Texas BBQ is a compilation of various regions...Texas had an influx of various regions during early and mid 1800s.

There's a Carolina influence, a Cajun influence, and the drier Mexican flavors.

The fixings, such as slaw (cabbage) and pickles and potato salad? German all the way...as is the pork sausage that is a Texas best IMO.

The Texas BBQ is a compilation of various regions...Texas had an influx of various regions during early and mid 1800s.

There's a Carolina influence, a Cajun influence, and the drier Mexican flavors.

The fixings, such as slaw (cabbage) and pickles and potato salad? German all the way...as is the pork sausage that is a Texas best IMO.

Ahh ok. Yes that sounds right.

I learned the tumbleweed history taking a tour through Hueco Tanks in West Texas. National Park Ranger seemed to know his stuff. The bbq observation is based on a couple of trips taken over the last 15 years around Bavaria (Munich) and on up through Dusseldorf.

Hueco Tanks is an awesome little national monument. Tons of history, from the mammoths smoothing out rocks with their rear ends used as a mating sign a couple thousand years ago, to the Tigua and Commanche Indians and Mexican Soldiers battling it out, then the Butterfield stagecoach route to the west coast before the railroad to the present. Highly recommended. 30 miles east of El Paso off Montana avenue. Tons more I left off (plants Indians used for ritual and to paint themselves). Also was educated on the role of imported sagebrush (tumbleweed). Apparently it's an import.

We used to camp out there as kids before they roped it off. When we stopped burning our campfires under an overhung rock the soot fell away and underneath were kilroy was here messages written into the ceiling rock by Travelers on the Stagecoach. The stagecoach ruts are preserved to show where they hauled ass through the rocks, avoiding Indian ambush. Fascinating. They put dates up around 1840-50.

well looks like Case is not playing

Gary wants him to play at home and Beck isn't playing next week
per announcers

I learned the tumbleweed history taking a tour through Hueco Tanks in West Texas. National Park Ranger seemed to know his stuff. The bbq observation is based on a couple of trips taken over the last 15 years around Bavaria (Munich) and on up through Dusseldorf.

Hueco Tanks is an awesome little national monument. Tons of history, from the mammoths smoothing out rocks as a mating call to the Indians and Mexican Soldiers battling it out, then the Butterfield stagecoach route to the west coast before the railroad to the present. Highly recommended. 30 miles east of El Paso off Montana avenue. Tons more I left off (plants Indians used for ritual and to paint themselves). Also was educated on the roll of imported sagebrush (tumbleweed). Apparently it's an import.

I tip my hat to you. After some research I found you were right with the tumblwood. Has to be "Kali tragus" and it actually grows in Austria. Albeit in the steppe of eastern Austria and Hungary. Oops. Rep for you.
And "grillen" is definitly popular in Germany, I don't know if it is comparable to a Texas bbq though.

Back