Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Jaguars Live Game Thread

IMO once you have altered the course of a game as significantly as this one has due to the officiating, you can't really say it did or didn't cost us the game. Coaches would have been calling plays in accordance to different circumstances.

True statement.

Maybe the defense isn't on the field as long either. ...Or doesn't have to go right back out there because the refs turned an imaginary turnover into a real one.

First the cap, now a towel. Every time they show Schaub, he's got something else covering himself. Next time we see him he'll have on a burqa.

First the cap, now a towel. Every time they show Schaub, he's got something else covering himself. Next time we see him he'll have on a burqa.

When I left to go do pumpkin patch stuff with the kiddo he was 14-18 and we were within a TD. Soemwhere between there and the grocery store and home it went wrong. I guess they wanted to save him from the punishment.

As bad as the officiating was Kubiak will never use that as an excuse! He knows that we left point on the field and failed to execute at times. Yes we got hosed on the lack of delay call, the int was crap, and that PI call on Bennett(?). We still had chances to take control of this game a failed to get it done. It sucks! Hopefully they will be pissed and take care of business next week vs TN.

BTW

"I am not your son, my name is Alan Bourdillion Traherne but folks just call me Mississippi!"

Where have all the penalities (in favor of the Jags)? They sure did stop once the game was out of reach for the Texans.

Yeah I mentioned that...they were coming in droves when we were close...yet they all stop when the game became out of reach. I stopped watching though at that point.

WTF WAS THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!???!!!!???!!!
That felt like getting kicked in the stones for the better part of an hour. The refs need to read the rule book again or someone should explain to them what the 24 second clock is there for.The way Schaub played made me wonder if he's really worth that huge paycheck. I'm disgusted. For the first time in a long time...it aint peanut butter jelly time. :gun:

When I left to go do pumpkin patch stuff with the kiddo he was 14-18 and we were within a TD. Soemwhere between there and the grocery store and home it went wrong. I guess they wanted to save him from the punishment.

Speaking of grocery stores, I'm pretty convinced that if Mario Williams actually manages to find that HEB for his autograph session, there will be a referee hiding in the produce section lobbing banana peels under his feet.

That felt like getting kicked in the stones for the better part of an hour. The refs need to read the rule book again or someone should explain to them what the 24 second clock is there for.The way Schaub played made me wonder if he's really worth that huge paycheck. I'm disgusted. For the first time in a long time...it aint peanut butter jelly time. :gun:

Dude, you can't seriously be calling Schaub out right? He played a hell of a game. He DID fumble the ball on a sack AGAIN but other than that he has proven that he's one of the better QB's in the league. We would score in the redzone if we could try to actually throw the ball instead of running between tackles.

I think I feel pretty safe in saying that we still have to clean up the roster and coaching staff. We obviously still have some pee wee players and questionable coaches. Besides that; things are looking better than years past.

We Can Score In The Redzone, Who Knew?

I dont understand our goal-line playcalling. We ride Schaub's arm inside the 5, then try to pound it in aginst the best run D in the NFL... We are very close to being a good team, but inexperiance on the field and the sideline is still holding us back.

And of course today was 11 on 14...

What game did you watch? Anytime Schaub had time, he got it done. The only bad play on his part was the miss of Walter in the endzone, which he attoned for on the next play (but Davis fumbled). On the sack, the guy game from his blindside and made a good play, it happens. But yet again or running game was bad. Granted this is a good run stopping team, but our offense still looks a little out of sync at times. I guess trying to be a running team with bad blocking and a dinged up running back or a passing team without your best receiver is pretty hard. We just have to weather this storm and hope AJ gets healthy for next week.

We pretty much stuck up the place today, but I'm still of the opinion we are a better team than we were last year.

We pretty much stuck up the place today, but I'm still of the opinion we are a better team than we were last year.

Maybe,maybe not but you did beat the Jaguars twice last year with their same QB at the helm.Maybe it's time for Sage?Oh forget it you've got Kris Brown to score points for you.

Nice HOLD for the run. No call = home field advantage? lol

I didn't get to watch the game. Had to work. but I listened to it on the radio.

I was pretty bummed when I got home, and didn't want to watch the Texans.

Figured I'd watch the Saints struggle, and Reggie underperform to help me feel better.

Well, that didn't go the way I planed it. So after the first half, I went to bed.

Figured I'd watch the Texans/Jags first quarter.

We got robbed.

Most of their big plays, I saw big time penalties that went without a call.

Most upsetting, was the facemask on Dunta Robinson that sprung Fred Taylor for 70 yards.

Yeah, Mario missed him(even though the run was away from Mario's side, he was in position to make a play)

Yeah, CC Brown went to high.

Yeah, Demeco missed him.

But our Safety valve Dunta got molested pretty badly, and was taken out of the play. The reciever throwing the block had a hold of his facemask, and was leading Dunta around the field.

I saw it again & again, in slow mo even, and nobody said nothing. (I listened to the telecast on CBS Radio(or whatever it's called.)

Not saying we would've won the game otherwise.

Not saying the game would've been more competitive.

Just saying, I was shocked that wasn't called.

What game did you watch? Anytime Schaub had time, he got it done. The only bad play on his part was the miss of Walter in the endzone, which he attoned for on the next play (but Davis fumbled). On the sack, the guy game from his blindside and made a good play, it happens. But yet again or running game was bad. Granted this is a good run stopping team, but our offense still looks a little out of sync at times. I guess trying to be a running team with bad blocking and a dinged up running back or a passing team without your best receiver is pretty hard. We just have to weather this storm and hope AJ gets healthy for next week.

Like you said, put into perspective, we didn't play too badly.

We've ran better on this team, than any other team they've played since Week 2.... that's 3 other teams. Atlanta, Denver, & KC... sure, they aren't who they used to be, but those are teams that generally run the ball well.

& we're better than they are.

We made two turnovers, they turned into points. Offensively, we shot ourselves in the foot. We seemed to panic too early, and got ourselves into bad situations.

I blame the coach.

Defensively... Granted they got help from the referees... a lot of help. But we can't ever do that again.

I wish I were a coach at that game, I'd have thrown that red flag & chewed some ass so many times, they'd have had to throw me out of the stadium.

:heart:

Back