Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Here is an opinion piece that came out yesterday about Kubiak from UprootedTexan over at battleredblog. Check out an excerpt below:

The news that the front office is unhappy with Kubiak came out four days ago. It is now Friday, and not a single member of the front office, not Rick Smith, neither of the McNairs, not even Snuffy the copy boy has come out to say that Rapoport's statement is untrue. If he were mistaken, someone in a position of authority would have gotten behind a microphone by now and said something to that effect.

Or . . . it could be that "they" felt it wasn't even worth dignifying with a response. If they took time out to react any time some talking-head pulls sh!t out of his ass, that's all they'd be doing.

"Texans FO"? :rolleyes: Glad to see Rapoport making that effort to be specific with his sources.

Here is an opinion piece that came out yesterday about Kubiak from UprootedTexan over at battleredblog. Check out an excerpt below:

The news that the front office is unhappy with Kubiak came out four days ago. It is now Friday, and not a single member of the front office, not Rick Smith, neither of the McNairs, not even Snuffy the copy boy has come out to say that Rapoport's statement is untrue. If he were mistaken, someone in a position of authority would have gotten behind a microphone by now and said something to that effect.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/11/15/5102424/just-how-hot-is-kubiaks-seat

Action was taken if one believes Ian Rapoport's FO source, a week ago, was Ed Reed.

Taking Kubiak's health out of the equation, Gary has one year left on his contract. Starting in training camp with Brennan Williams and David Quessenberry, we've been set back with injuries. Despite all the haters, no one in the business anticipated such a rapid decline in Schaub's performance. And on a positive note, we're seeing the emergence of Case Keenum. Taking all these into account, I think McNair will give Gary the last year on his contract.

Agreed on all points. I would like to see what Kubiak can continue to do with Keenum.

Action was taken if one believes Ian Rapoport's FO source, a week ago, was Ed Reed.

The article does have sound logic, and it's admittedly not based on any facts, just an opinion. But I think I agree with they guy's opinion. We'll have to wait until the season is over though to see what if anything the "Front Office" does.

I don't see any way Kubiak comes back or even that he should come back. The excuses seem endless around here.

I don't see any way Kubiak comes back or even that he should come back. The excuses seem endless around here.

Cause its the last year of his contract and our owner will prob let him coach it out, that just seems like the kind of guy bob mcnair is.

Cause its the last year of his contract and our owner will prob let him coach it out, that just seems like the kind of guy bob mcnair is.

yea but last time he was a "lame duck"coach we extended him.....they dont like having a coach sign players who are in the last season of contract

I understand the Bob McNair reasoning just based on past decisions. Imho though I think he has seen enough. The contract reasoning is interesting to me. How many NFL coaches are kept just because time is left on their contract as opposed to being fired. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of mutual partings at contracts end. Seems like more coaches are fired or retire. I could be wrong. I don't have any percentages on it. Maybe somebody can dig up some data on it.

When it's your time to go it's your time to go. Kubiak already has 1 McNair reprieve under his belt. Kubuiak got his pass in 2011 when Bob thought he had found the answer for Kubiaks ineptness on defense by hiring Wade Phillips to be DC. If Bob analyzes how the team's future is compromised by the salary cap, along with recent disappointing drafts, plus the Montgomery and Ed Reed mistakes, it's turn out the lights, the Smubiak party is over. It was likely McNair who made the decision to release the KC Three and send their butt home.

When it's your time to go it's your time to go. Kubiak already has 1 McNair reprieve under his belt. Kubuiak got his pass in 2011 when Bob thought he had found the answer for Kubiaks ineptness on defense by hiring Wade Phillips to be DC. If Bob analyzes how the team's future is compromised by the salary cap, along with recent disappointing drafts, plus the Montgomery and Ed Reed mistakes, it's turn out the lights, the Smubiak party is over. It was likely McNair who made the decision to release the KC Three and send their butt home.

It's possible. But we know this is a group think organization. Big decisions, like cap projections, the type of players they draft, & the type of Free Agents they sign is a decision they make together.

Just like Wade is distancing himself from the decision to bring in Ed Reed, for all we know Kubiak & Smith were trying to be cautious & follow their same plan, but McNair said, "Think outside the box boys... this is a golden opportunity. Surely the cap will increase after the lock out." & there were a lot of reasons to believe it would, primarily because that is the way the NFL had worked up until that point.

Smubiak might have wanted to stick to their prototypical type... team leaders, high motor, self motivated, choir boys; but McNair said, "Think outside the box boys. We need to get a bit of Nasty on this team. The locker room is strong & we need bad boys to win at the highest level."

Smubiak probably wanted to stick with their prototypical FA signings... young, upside, displayed leadership; but McNair said, "Guys, it's Ed Reed. Be bold, take a chance."

I'm positive it did not go this way, but for all we know Kubiak was on the conservative side of all these decisions & someone else; Cal, Rick, Bob... sold the think-tank on the less conservative approach.

We don't know. But if those are the reasons we're doing so badly right now, that doesn't spell "Fire your Head Coach" to me. That says "Fire the GM"

Now if you're saying this is a talented team & the coach just isn't getting it done.... that's a different story.

It's possible. But we know this is a group think organization. Big decisions, like cap projections, the type of players they draft, & the type of Free Agents they sign is a decision they make together.

Just like Wade is distancing himself from the decision to bring in Ed Reed, for all we know Kubiak & Smith were trying to be cautious & follow their same plan, but McNair said, "Think outside the box boys... this is a golden opportunity. Surely the cap will increase after the lock out." & there were a lot of reasons to believe it would, primarily because that is the way the NFL had worked up until that point.

Smubiak might have wanted to stick to their prototypical type... team leaders, high motor, self motivated, choir boys; but McNair said, "Think outside the box boys. We need to get a bit of Nasty on this team. The locker room is strong & we need bad boys to win at the highest level."

Smubiak probably wanted to stick with their prototypical FA signings... young, upside, displayed leadership; but McNair said, "Guys, it's Ed Reed. Be bold, take a chance."

I'm positive it did not go this way, but for all we know Kubiak was on the conservative side of all these decisions & someone else; Cal, Rick, Bob... sold the think-tank on the less conservative approach.

We don't know. But if those are the reasons we're doing so badly right now, that doesn't spell "Fire your Head Coach" to me. That says "Fire the GM"

Now if you're saying this is a talented team & the coach just isn't getting it done.... that's a different story.

Here is what I'm saying, Kubiak has demonstrated he's a .500 head coach, games against .500 or better teams have been largely disappointing, his Commitment to Excellence is based on the buddy system (probably why he's a .500 coach). As a head coach Kubiak is proficient and very knowledgeable in the X and Os of the offense. His X and Os for Defense and Special teams are some of the worst in the NFL. His understanding and management of the salary cap is unsatisfactory and has compromised future success. His drafts have been mediocre to below average. The future of the Texans today is they will have to get worse before they can better. Other than that Kubiak's doing a bang up job. How did most of this happen? Kubiak spent money irresponsibly in 2011 trying to get off the hot seat and save his job. Today we're living with the consequences that are a result that irresponsibility. Kubiak has tunnel vision, he operates with a band aid mentality. He lives for today, never for tomorrow.

I sincerely believe Kubiak is a goner if we end up in the 4-5 win range. Six wins-plus withCase at qb and I think he is back...

Wade lost his dad. Kubiak had a stroke. Matt lost his mind. We've lost OD, Arian, Cushing, Manning, to some extent Ben Tate & Jjo.

We can go 2-14, Kubiak & Wade will be back.

Most likely Rick Smith will get some kind of promotion, or we'll get a new GM who will be Kubiak's boss. Maybe a V.P. of football operations who will be Smithiak's boss.

But you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Kubiak's a goner. Especially if Case continues to play as well as he has, or better. As I (& a few others said before) Case is the future & the Texans new that for a while. Last season & this season was to give Schaub an opportunity to prove he can win a Super Bowl. I'm sure they didn't expect to be 2-7 at this point, but big picture wise... we're getting a head start on 2014.

Wade lost his dad. Kubiak had a stroke. Matt lost his mind. We've lost OD, Arian, Cushing, Manning, to some extent Ben Tate & Jjo.

We can go 2-14, Kubiak & Wade will be back.

Most likely Rick Smith will get some kind of promotion, or we'll get a new GM who will be Kubiak's boss. Maybe a V.P. of football operations who will be Smithiak's boss.

But you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Kubiak's a goner. Especially if Case continues to play as well as he has, or better. As I (& a few others said before) Case is the future & the Texans new that for a while. Last season & this season was to give Schaub an opportunity to prove he can win a Super Bowl. I'm sure they didn't expect to be 2-7 at this point, but big picture wise... we're getting a head start on 2014.

Sorry but injuries are not an excuse. That's what depth is supposed to be for. No one knows for sure if Case is the future, because if he is, he would have started the season. If there are no changes, expect ticket sales to go down, as well as fan attendance.

No one knows for sure if Case is the future, because if he is, he would have started the season.

No one knows for sure if Brady is the future, because if he is, he would have started the season over Bledsoe.

If there are no changes, expect ticket sales to go down, as well as fan attendance.

History says attendance yes, ticket sales no.

No one knows for sure if Brady is the future, because if he is, he would have started the season over Bledsoe.

If the Texans FO thought Case was the future, they surely would have been frustrated with Starting the season Schaub, and with the extension, especially after the early struggles. Funny you hear they were pissed with the staff for other reasons though.

I'll be curious to see the motivation of the McNair's because they move like Glaziers on these things . IMO ... while Bob's been patient with Kubiak , citing stability , the game has changed and passed them by . If nothing changes , I won't give a rat's behind about the Texan's future cause I can't see it , unless of course they prove me wrong .

I believe McNair should hire a president of football operations so that emotion can be removed from the equation. By all accounts both our HCs have been stand up men that are as likeable as it gets. I think this might influence Mc Nair to give them more rope then they deserve based on on the field performance. Bottom line, in the business world, you need to remove emotion and look at performance, trends, ect... We are something like 4-11 in our last 15....not good

I believe McNair should hire a president of football operations so that emotion can be removed from the equation. By all accounts both our HCs have been stand up men that are as likeable as it gets. I think this might influence Mc Nair to give them more rope then they deserve based on on the field performance. Bottom line, in the business world, you need to remove emotion and look at performance, trends, ect... We are something like 4-11 in our last 15....not good

He brought in Dan reeves as a consultant . :spit:

The scary thing to me is the usual suspects of bad franchises may have a new member . It all starts at the top .

"Texans FO"? :rolleyes: Glad to see Rapoport making that effort to be specific with his sources.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Smith is attempting to seperate himself from Kubiak. I just hope it doesn't work.

wonder how they feel now

Kolaches and chocolate milk for everyone this morning. Plus, one of these on their lockers

MB2072.jpg

Back