Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

dang I had a flashback of earlier thread .. "int" and" pull him" along with an "where can I listen to the game online"

I had to look at the time and page of this thread

seriouly it was deja vu with the posting and responses

I don't think the Texans have a QB at all.

Both seem to have the same amount of talent, but one is fragile and the other crumbles under preasure.

Trade for Sorgi?

:rolleyes: The old A.J. argument. Not to say that he doesn't help any QB look good. However, A.J. being on or off the field does change Schaub over/under throwing his reciever's and making mistakes under pressure. A.J.'s presence doesn't change how Schaub throws the football.
OK, i've been wiling to give ya' the benefit of the doubt here too, but acting like losing your ONLY Pro-Bowl receiver doesn't affect the overall passing game is just silly.

I think Sage is an upper-tier BACKUP, but he's had a legit chance to be a starter and it hasn't happened. This is Schaub's FIRST chance as a starter - if our O-Line hadn't "whiffed" a few times against the Titans Defense, Sage would still be riding the pine.

OK, i've been wiling to give ya' the benefit of the doubt here too, but acting like losing your ONLY Pro-Bowl receiver doesn't affect the overall passing game is just silly.

I think Sage is an upper-tier BACKUP, but he's had a legit chance to be a starter and it hasn't happened. This is Schaub's FIRST chance as a starter - if our O-Line hadn't "whiffed" a few times against the Titans Defense, Sage would still be riding the pine.

I agree. Sage has had opportunities during his 7 yrs in the league. There is a reason (and we've seen 3 of them today) that he hasnt started regularly.

they are not hurt, they just want out of this game.

To quote a line from necessary roughness, "If this wasn't AstroTurf I would bury myself right there."

Maybe we can resign Carr, then put all 3 QBs into some kind of Island of Dr. Moreau experiment:

Carr's toughness and mobility
Matt's Arm and awarness
Sage's intangibles

Matt Carrenfels for MVP baby!

He has also had moments of sheer incompetence. Hell, even Carr had moments of brilliance (not that I am comparing the two). I will just have to see much more of Schaub before I believe in him. That said, if he doesn't hack it after next season, I would kick him to the curb. This isn't QB school, I don't want to see my team suffer another 5 years with a bad QB.

You're just taking your hurt feelings from having Carr on the team for so long and trying to transfer them to the new guy (Schaub).

Pretty much the games where Schaub has done well, and even some games he hasn't, he's made Kevin Walter, and Andre Davis threats. He's shown plenty enough for me to think that if he has a better offensive line and more of a running game that he can be good for 250+ yards and a few TD's every game. I also think his interceptions will go down because he will have had another year in the system.

Yeah suffering for 5 years with a bad QB is bad, but this is Schaubs 1st year, and I think he's done enough to be playing for the Texans in his second.

I don't know, I listen on the radio. Who's talking over Mark Vandermeer?

I clicked on the link and then click on Listen Live.....and it is around the league updates over Mark in the background.....I can't even hear the play by play. Or Mark at all for that matter.

Jennifer @ KEYE likes to make fun of Texans. I'm thinking evil thoughts. Thing is, Gary not only wouldn't fire her, but would probably give her a raise.

Gary Vinson @ KEYE (512) 490-2159. Ask for Jennifer to be fired.

I hope the fans don't over react about this loss. We played very well the last two games and started believing again. This game is a reality check. We are playing an excellent football team and they are beating us. No reason to throw the team or coaches under the bus for today.

Anybody that's a member or future member of The Captain's Deck, join us in the chat room for the Bucs game. It'll be nice to have some fans from our favorite board hanging around with us. The crew should be ready to go in the next 20 minutes.

What did she say?

As she was laughing she asked me if I thought the Texans would make a miraculous comeback. I said it didn't matter, I'm here to watch my team, my team, the AFC rep from Texas. She said it's not like they're the Cowboys while laughing. I got too angry to talk in a civilized manner by then and ended the conversation.

you know I think we can pull this one off. If we score here, onside kick and score withing 16 seconds. Then repeat about 5 times

I hope the fans don't over react about this loss. We played very well the last two games and started believing again. This game is a reality check. We are playing an excellent football team and they are beating us. No reason to throw the team or coaches under the bus for today.

The Colts are playing without 5 of their starters. NO excuse for such poor play. JMO! This is typical Kubiak inappitude coaching. Our guys do not seem to be prepared, and once again, we are being out coached. For those who want baby Shanahan as our next OC, better think twice. I'm getting sick and tired of coaches using the TEXANS as a "learning" experience. FOR GAWDS sake, give us ONE FRIGGIN coach who knows what the hell he is doing!!!!:mad:

Back