Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

I just find it sort of sad, though understandable in the midst of such a pathetic loss, that Sage having a bad game is indicative of his permanence as a back-up, where as Schaub can have an equally bad game and get off of the hook. I don't think either QB sucks, but I've seen nothing that would imply that Schaub is any better than Rosenfels. Which seems to be what people are implying.
Tell us where Schaub got a legitimate chance as an NFL starter before Houston. While you're at it, tell us how many years Sage has in the league now vs. Schaub. Stop comparing them like the frame-of-reference is perfectly identical.

I say we blame brakos also.
Yep, he snake-bit poor Sage again.

It's amazing how proficient this team is in destroying any goodwill. As soon as you think they have turned a corner, they play the worst game of the season.

I hate Peyton as much as anyone else but it's truly beautiful to watch him work. He reads defenses with ease and is always in control.

I just find it sort of sad, though understandable in the midst of such a pathetic loss, that Sage having a bad game is indicative of his permanence as a back-up, where as Schaub can have an equally bad game and get off of the hook. I don't think either QB sucks, but I've seen nothing that would imply that Schaub is any better than Rosenfels. Which seems to be what people are implying.

I'm in that club too...just personal opinion but I'd imply that Schaub has played better than Rosenfels. Rosenfels has had a couple of decent games and has looked good in garbage time but after watching both guys I'd be much more inclined to start Schaub than Rosenfels if both healthy.

This, also Sage has been a backup for close to 7 years now, and Miami has had nobody. He could've easily competed if he had the talent.

Schaub is still pretty much unproven, but his flashes of brilliance (Carolina game, KC Game, NO Game) have far exceeded what Sage Rosenfels has shown.

Call it a mancrush on Matt Schaub, or some sort of love for Matt Schaub, or I'm swinging off of Matt Schaubs jock by it's two straps. But I believe that if the line issues are addressed, that Schaub has the higher ceiling of our two QB's.

He is somewhat "fragile", but I think protection would clean up this issue more than anything else.

Man I want to see both Dungy and Peyton get hurt. Those pieces of crap. I've always respected Dungy but the way he is running up the score and going for it on 4th and 2 is making me sick. They are both pieces of crap.

I'm in that club too...just personal opinion but I'd imply that Schaub has played better than Rosenfels. Rosenfels has had a couple of decent games and has looked good in garbage time but after watching both guys I'd be much more inclined to start Schaub than Rosenfels if both healthy.

I think both play a similar sort of football. The only real difference I've noticed is that Schaub is more of an accuracy based QB (shorter passes, more completions, etc), where Rosenfels is more of a gunslinger of sorts. Either one, when playing up to their potential, has the ability to lead the team to victory. It's just a shame that Rosenfels will never get as much credit and will get more blame for doing the same things that Matt does simply because we paid out of the ass for Matt and no one wants to admit that it has serious retrospective bonehead potential.

And all you guys bad mouthing Schaub are clueless. The only thing that has helped Sage has been AJ, someone Schaub did not have for most of his season. And when Schaub did have AJ, he looked 10 times better at his worst than Sage has at his best.:texflag:

I think both play a similar sort of football. The only real difference I've noticed is that Schaub is more of an accuracy based QB (shorter passes, more completions, etc), where Rosenfels is more of a gunslinger of sorts. Either one, when playing up to their potential, has the ability to lead the team to victory. It's just a shame that Rosenfels will never get as much credit and will get more blame for doing the same things that Matt does simply because we paid out of the ass for Matt and no one wants to admit that it has serious retrospective bonehead potential.

helps to be a QB with AJ in the lineup

Man I want to see both Dungy and Peyton get hurt. Those pieces of crap. I've always respected Dungy but the way he is running up the score and going for it on 4th and 2 is making me sick. They are both pieces of crap.

I took going for it on 4th and 2 more of an indication of lack of faith in Vinatieri than wanting to run up the score. He hasn't kicked one over 30 yds. this season.

This, also Sage has been a backup for close to 7 years now, and Miami has had nobody. He could've easily competed if he had the talent.

Schaub is still pretty much unproven, but his flashes of brilliance (Carolina game, KC Game, NO Game) have far exceeded what Sage Rosenfels has shown.

Call it a mancrush on Matt Schaub, or some sort of love for Matt Schaub, or I'm swinging off of Matt Schaubs jock by it's two straps. But I believe that if the line issues are addressed, that Schaub has the higher ceiling of our two QB's.

He is somewhat "fragile", but I think protection would clean up this issue more than anything else.

He has also had moments of sheer incompetence. Hell, even Carr had moments of brilliance (not that I am comparing the two). I will just have to see much more of Schaub before I believe in him. That said, if he doesn't hack it after next season, I would kick him to the curb. This isn't QB school, I don't want to see my team suffer another 5 years with a bad QB.

And all you guys bad mouthing Schaub are clueless. The only thing that has helped Sage has been AJ, someone Schaub did not have for most of his season. And when Schaub did have AJ, he looked 10 times better at his worst than Sage has at his best.:texflag:

If the Texans wanted an injury prone QB made by a WR, wasn't Culpepper a free agent?

Well, I said I'd bet ten bucks I lose the Texans at 2:30. It's 2:18 and I'm having to watch the EFFING Brrowns vs the EFFING Bengals. THANKS KEYE!!! (assh@les)

:rolleyes: The old A.J. argument. Not to say that he doesn't help any QB look good. However, A.J. being on or off the field does change Schaub over/under throwing his reciever's and making mistakes under pressure. A.J.'s presence doesn't change how Schaub throws the football.

The Armed Forces Network just switched to the Browns game. I guess I will just ahve to read posts to find out how bad my team continues to play.

I was wondering how long it'd be before we got to see the typical Texans to show up.

Until this team starts playing with any sort of consistancy they with continue to be mediocre at best.

Poor decisions at QB, turnovers and poor tackling. :gun:

This isn't Pop Warner football.

If you don't want them to run up the score, STOP THEM!

I'd prefer a 56 to 7 loss rather than endure the pathetic "don't embarrass them" play.

Kubiak... who will be your new defensive coordinater?

If the Texans wanted an injury prone QB made by a WR, wasn't Culpepper a free agent?

I think people have been too quick to call Schuab fragile. He took some very hard hits. What I would consider faulting him for is not having the situational awareness to avoid the hits. I also thought it was very bad playcalling in the Titans game, to call a pass play the next play after Schuab was obviously shaken up on the previous play.

:rolleyes: The old A.J. argument. Not to say that he doesn't help any QB look good. However, A.J. being on or off the field does change Schaub over/under throwing his reciever's and making mistakes under pressure. A.J.'s presence doesn't change how Schaub throws the football.

that argument doesn't help your pro-sage cause

I feel you. My only point is there is no reason for everyone to make Schaub out to be on the same level or below Sage's level. Schaub is a much better QB, much more accurate, but he definitely needs to get the injury thing under control. After AJ went out, Schaub looked average to below-average aside from the NO games. But when it all comes down to it, I don't care who the QB is as long as we are winning games. Right now that hasn't been happening as much as I'd like with either guy.

I'd prefer a 56 to 7 loss rather than endure the pathetic "don't embarrass them" play.

yep, yep, and yep.

About the only good thing to come out of this game. Hopefully Richard Smith is gone. Bring on Jethro Franklin or Frank Bush. Just somebody new please.

Back