Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans agree to terms with Matt Leinart

Sounds like they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

vitocorleone.jpg

"You can either get cut, have your lasting impressions for getting another gig be stepping out of the endzone and SUCKING in PRE(tty-easy)SEASON oooooor accept the fact that in no way, shape or form are you going to make 3 million dollars from the Houston Texans this year."

610 Radio just reported Orlovsky had restructured his 3 year contract to "significantly lower."
As a fan, that really doesn't make me feel any better about the QB situation. If Schaub goes down for a series, a half, a game, it's still Dan-O that gets the call. How confident is he right now, knowing that the team brought in his inevitable replacement and slashed his salary? At this point, I'm of the opinion that the Texans should have just cut Orlovsky and kept Booty.

As a fan, that really doesn't make me feel any better about the QB situation. If Schaub goes down for a series, a half, a game, it's still Dan-O that gets the call. How confident is he right now, knowing that the team brought in his inevitable replacement and slashed his salary? At this point, I'm of the opinion that the Texans should have just cut Orlovsky and kept Booty.

Great timing! As I've said before, guru Kubiak's "evaluation period" for backup QB should have been concluded long time ago, with at least SOME stability to the position going INTO the regular season.

I'm with you. I enjoy the pictures and the jokes, but I could care less that they brought Leinart in. Bottom line is that if he is playing, the season is over anyways because that means Schaub went down. I could care less who the backup is. Do you think they care up in Indy who Payton's backup is? No. Because they know that if Peyton goes down, they're done. So, again, I couldn't care is a 53 year old Warren Moon is our backup.

Oh, and I was always anti-Sage. Been a Schaub guy since I was wanting him to supplant Vick in ATL.

Amen. The talent gap between Sage and Schaub, in my opinion, has
always been tremendous. How people could clamour for Sage to
take the reins over Schaub was baffling to say the least.

When you and I agree about something it HAS to be true. And I agree with you on this.

The obvious talent gap was there. But ready to play, I believe Sage was more prepared.

I've never called for Sage to start over Schaub, I was screaming for him to start over Carr. But I could see wanting Sage over Schaub.

Anyone who believes Schaub proved to be "ready-to-start" in 2007 is just fooling themselves. I understand his stats might have been good, but watching him play, and expecting us to win didn't go hand in hand for me. He was going to do what he was told to do, and that was it. And that's fine, if he's the future, and he's learning the offense.

But you shouldn't be upset we went 8-8 in 2007. Had we done any better than that, it would have been fools gold.

I don't think Matt took the reigns of this offense, until the second half of 2009, very noticeable difference in his play. You didn't have to tell him he belonged here, he acted as if he knew he was a bad-ass, and he was going to beat the other teams defense.

Sage came with that attitude (& it may very well have been his downfall), but that's the attitude you need to have in your starting QB.

That's also the same attitude I thought I saw Mario take on December of 2009. That's the attitude he needs.

Hope I'm not wrong about that, because those are the two biggest reasons I have for being optimistic about the 2010 season.

Back