Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 4, 5, 6, & 7

Ok Bonner is the first guy that I'm just not familiar with. Maybe a return prospect? Anyone got anything on this guy?

All I got is he is the 49th ranked WR in Bulger's guide. Can't find anything else. Never heard his name before.

Alan Bonner If your going to double up at a position get the best player at that position on board Da'Rick Rogers. Sometimes I just don;t get it.

Ok Bonner is the first guy that I'm just not familiar with. Maybe a return prospect? Anyone got anything on this guy?

This is all I got...

Overview

Bonner played at Newnan High School and was a first-team All-State selection as a junior and senior at wide receiver. He finished his senior year (in which he was a team captain) with 54 catches for 1,100 yards and 15 touchdowns. He was named All-State by the Atlanta Journal Constitution and by CSS television after his senior year. Bonner was also a two-time All-District and All-Region performer and helped the Cougars win a pair of Region Championships.

Bonner provided an instant impact, appearing in all 11 games for the Gamecocks. Bonner was an OVC All-Newcomer selection after leading the OVC and ranking ninth nationally in punt return average at 13.9 yards. He also hauled in 14 catches 300 yards and four touchdowns. In his sophomore year, he had 17 catches for 245 yards and five touchdowns. Bonner was second in the OVC with 25.9 yards per kickoff return and third with 10.8 yards per punt return. As a junior, Bonner played in all 11 games, and started 10 of them. He was the team's top receiver, hauling in 33 catches for 582 yards and three touchdowns, all of which were team highs. As a senior, he caught 50 passes for 859 yards and eight touchdowns.

Competition for Martin.

Correct me and many others if I am wrong but Martin is our slot and Hopkins the #2 right? So many people think Hopkins is backing up Martin. Martin is a pure slot player.

Ok they just had to go and ruin my A grade for this draft. Granted, it's a 6th rd pick, so I'm not going to get all bent out of shape, but you have Da'Rick Rogers sitting right there. True, it's possible he is a problem child, but nothing ventured nothing gained. If he "hits" you have a guy with talent close to your vaunted #1 pick. If he busts, cut his ass and it's only a loss of a #6 pick. Take a freaking chance for a change.

I'm guessing if they didn't take him by now, he is off the board entirely.

Ok they just had to go and ruin my A grade for this draft. Granted, it's a 6th rd pick, so I'm not going to get all bent out of shape, but you have Da'Rick Rogers sitting right there. True, it's possible he is a problem child, but nothing ventured nothing gained. If he "hits" you have a guy with talent close to your vaunted #1 pick. If he busts, cut his ass and it's only a loss of a #6 pick. Take a freaking chance for a change.

LOL, I freaking hate the pick, but it does not change the draft grade one iota. Its a 6th rounder.

How long have you and DaRick been engaged?

Draft Zone Spotlight: Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green University

Chris Jones is one of the most aggressive, high motor football players I have seen this year. Why no one is talking more about him amazes me. Chris Jones was a late add to the Raycom All Star Game, and boy did he impress. This kid came into the Raycom game and showed the motor as he was blowing up the offensive lineman. He amazed so many scouts that numerous scouts I talked to wanted to get a second look at the massive defensive tackle. From the Raycom Chris was invited to the Combine where he ran a 5.3 forty and showed that the big man can move. He looked great in his drills and could have solidified himself as a draft pick.

sounds good to me

I agree 100%:toropalm:

Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green
6'2, 302lbs.5.33
Big time pass rusher. 12.5 sacks, 42 tackles, 19 tackles for a loss with two forced fumbles in 2012. in 2011 47 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles. a sleeper prospect.

Had him as a 4th-6th rounder. Great pick!

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 3m
I have no idea why Jordan Poyer is falling. Visited with DB scout who is pretty damn good and he though Poyer woud go inside first 4 rounds

How long have you and DaRick been engaged?

For about a month lol.

Like the Chris Jones pick. Don't have a ton of familiarity with him either, but he appears to be a penetrating NT in the Earl Mitchell mold. I still would like to see at some point a guy more in the "Immovable object" mold for run downs. I still don't think we have that - but I think this guy has some real upside by all accounts. We shall see.

I'm somewhat surprised they didn't grab an ILB. I guess they have other plans.

TE sounds alright, but yeah, I feel like there were other needs.

Back