Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

State of the O-line

Gaine did agree with me, look at his draft. The deniall around these parts is unbelievable.

The youngster got his ass whooped and I don't want to see anybody else get hurt because of his sick ass play. That play was a harbinger of how his season was to go. Luckily Watson didn't get killed. Hardly a fluke. Those are facts.

Feel free to disagree, but things aren't going to get better until Davenport is replaced, the yk pw this which is why they draft 2 OT's high and signed a vet in fa. Once again they went the cheap route and hopefully Watson doesn't have to pay the price for the Texans cheapness again this year.
It's ironic that the Texans went the cheap route and went to the playoffs and the teams that signed a LT and G to big FA contracts were both drafting in the top 7 in 2019. Spending big $$$ in FA is a proven path to cap hell and losing seasons. Look how long Minnesota lasted after you were praising them for rebuilding the OL in one offseason. It was an absolute disaster in 2018.

Everyone and their grandmother's knew the Texans would go after offensive tackles with or without Gaines. You act like this team never addressed the offensive line like every year since Obrien been here.

It's ironic that the Texans went the cheap route and went to the playoffs and the teams that signed a LT and G to big FA contracts were both drafting in the top 7 in 2019. Spending big $$$ in FA is a proven path to cap hell and losing seasons. Look how long Minnesota lasted after you were praising them for rebuilding the OL in one offseason. It was an absolute disaster in 2018.

The Rams did pretty good last yr. The Eagles did pretty good before that.

The Vikings got hurt in the OL last yr and made a bad FA signing in Cousins that set them back. The injury bug can bite anybody. But if you want to use this to bolster your case then have at it.

Everyone and their grandmother's knew the Texans would go after offensive tackles with or without Gaines. You act like this team never addressed the offensive line like every year since Obrien been here.

LMAO, if the OT's were good they wouldn't be using 1st/2nd rd picks and FA on them.

Yep, they found out pretty quickly Davenport sucked and they tried their best to upgrade the positions without spending any $$$$ which is hard to do,

The Rams did pretty good last yr. The Eagles did pretty good before that.

The Vikings got hurt in the OL last yr and made a bad FA signing in Cousins that set them back. The injury bug can bite anybody. But if you want to use this to bolster your case then have at it.

Injury bug can bite anybody but the Texans? Weren't you praising the Vikings for being bold and signing Cousins?

Injury bug can bite anybody but the Texans? Weren't you praising the Vikings for being bold and signing Cousins?

The injury bug seems to bite the Texans hard every season and yet the Texans keep the same medical staff. Hell, CnD would serve the team better than these guys have.

I was totally against the Cousins signing, particularly with that much guaranteed $$$$. Should've kept Keenum and the flexibility of a QB that got them to a NFCCG. Instead of signing a QB that has never won a playoff game to that contract. #STUPIDITY

LMAO, if the OT's were good they wouldn't be using 1st/2nd rd picks and FA on them.

Yep, they found out pretty quickly Davenport sucked and they tried their best to upgrade the positions without spending any $$$$ which is hard to do,

You do know it's a good chance they won't play Tackles on this team? Scharping might play either Guard position and Howard more and likely will play Right Tackle or Guard.

You do know it's a good chance they won't play Tackles on this team? Scharping might play either Guard position and Howard more and likely will play Right Tackle or Guard.

Unfortunately you're probably right and Watson will pay the price for this.

Davenport was drafted in the 4th round and was the 6th Tackle taken in the 2017 draft. He was a project and never expected to be a starter in his first two seasons. But injuries happen and he forced into action before he was obviously ready.

It is disingenuous to assert that A). he was drafted for any other reason than a project expected to develop and potentially start later on and B). that the Texans used high draft picks in 2019 because they missed badly on the Davenport pick.

Interestingly from the 2017 draft class for Tackles, only the top two picks (Bolles/Ramczyk) have differentiated themselves from a Career Approximated Value according to Football Reference. Davenport, for all of his struggles, has a higher CarAV than Cam Robinson taken almost 100 picks earlier.

Davenport was drafted in the 4th round and was the 6th Tackle taken in the 2017 draft. He was a project and never expected to be a starter in his first two seasons. But injuries happen and he forced into action before he was obviously ready.

It is disingenuous to assert that A). he was drafted for any other reason than a project expected to develop and potentially start later on and B). that the Texans used high draft picks in 2019 because they missed badly on the Davenport pick.

Interestingly from the 2017 draft class for Tackles, only the top two picks (Bolles/Ramczyk) have differentiated themselves from a Career Approximated Value according to Football Reference. Davenport, for all of his struggles, has a higher CarAV than Cam Robinson taken almost 100 picks earlier.

He's in full on hate mode. No need to put facts in front of 'his' misguided ramblings

Cam Robinson played well as a rookie, he was the stating LT in an AFCCG.

Stats lie particularly when Robinson missed almost all of last season and not coincidentally the Jags had a bad yr last yr.

But keep on telling yourself Davenport is better than Robinson. LMAO

Do y'all even watch football when the Texans aren't playing.

I've got sandman on ignore but he said stats showed Davenport has been better than Robinson.

Why do you try and answer people if you have them on ignore. To me that is like a child putting his finger in his ears and then yelling what he wants to say. You are sure everyone hears what you say but then they don't get a chance to respond. If you are going to ignore someone ignore them completely.

Why do you try and answer people if you have them on ignore. To me that is like a child putting his finger in his ears and then yelling what he wants to say. You are sure everyone hears what you say but then they don't get a chance to respond. If you are going to ignore someone ignore them completely.

Thanks for the uneeded advice.

I will continue to post however I wish.

And this web site is where ? If it's not a fee site maybe you could point the way because I'd like to see what they have to say ?

I've got sandman on ignore but he said stats showed Davenport has been better than Robinson.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth. I said that for a particular stat - Career Approximated Value - Davenport had a higher score (11) than Robinson (10). Which means that while Davenport has been starting when he should have been developing, at least he has been available.

Last edited:
But keep on telling yourself Davenport is better than Robinson. LMAO

Do you have a link where someone said Davenport was better than Cam Robinson?

He said Davenport scored better relative to his draft slot. That's not saying Davenport has been better.

You can read... he made the supposition that it was implied

Is this really what this forum has become?

A bunch of splitting hairs?

Truth is we all want the Texans to be winners and what they are currently doing hasn't and never will accomplish this.

Sorry for the cold hard truth.

Shame you're not speaking for yourself

You don't think I want the Texans to become winners? Wrong

I just see the faults within the org and know they aren't going to be able to bring a winner to Kirby until they change the way they acquire players. This doesn't mean I don't want to be wrong.

They need to be more aggressive.

You don't think I want the Texans to become winners? Wrong

I just see the faults within the org and know they aren't going to be able to bring a winner to Kirby until they change the way they acquire players. This doesn't mean I don't want to be wrong.

They need to be more aggressive.

The trouble is you think your way is the only way they can become winners.

...has camp started yet...?
:foottap:
we need some actual football news to "get excited" about
you know how we do....
:overreact:
League rules allow rookies to report a week before the veterans report next week. But I seem to recall the Texans had a rookie training camp, without pads, earlier this year. I don't know if that takes the place of the early reporting. There was nothing in Friday's Chronicle about the rookies reporting yesterday.

your opinion is not infallible

Never said it was, BTW, if the best you can do in a debate is use this argument then you've lost the debate.

I do know what it takes to build a winner though and it starts with getting the best personnel possible. Just look at the teams that played the Pats in the last 2 SB's as a template for how things should be done. (Rams/Eagles)

Never said it was, BTW, if the best you can do in a debate is use this argument then you've lost the debate.

I do know what it takes to build a winner though and it starts with getting the best personnel possible. Just look at the teams that played the Pats in the last 2 SB's as a template for how things should be done. (Rams/Eagles)

For as long as the Texans have been failing so have your predictions pointing at the dynasties built by the latest high finishing teams.

"But, but [insert sh!t which also afflicted the Texans]"...

For as long as the Texans have been failing so have your predictions pointing at the dynasties built by the latest high finishing teams.

"But, but [insert sh!t which also afflicted the Texans]"...

I dont respond to posters who call me racist.

Back