Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

slaton to be ready by preseason?????????????

i no i just made a post about the chat but this caught my eye

how well will slaton do after surgery and when do you expect him to be back in a texans uniform Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:36 slatonisanbeast

12:36 John McClain: He's way into his rehab. Everything is on schedule the last time I checked. They want him ready in preseason, and there's no reason he shouldn't be.

so can he play during the regular season ????????????????????

Texans Front Office: Great, take running backs off the list for the draft and free agency. Tell Chris Brown to strap on his helmet. Whew!!! We almost paid money for some good running backs.

It seems like people are going to eventually long forget his fumbleitis he suffered this year. I don't see him being the same back that he was during his rookie year.

Texans Front Office: Great, take running backs off the list for the draft and free agency. Tell Chris Brown to strap on his helmet. Whew!!! We almost paid money for some good running backs.

I hope that your being sarcastic here, it's impossible to tell in a thread. RB is still a high priority pick until Slaton can prove that he can play at a high level on the field.

I hope that your being sarcastic here, it's impossible to tell in a thread. RB is still a high priority pick until Slaton can prove that he can play at a high level on the field.

This right here. ^^^

We have to still add depth at the RB position, because Slaton didn't run as well last season and even if he were to return to his form from two seasons ago, you have to have depth in the NFL these days. RB's drop like flies. And why haven't we heard any news of Chris Brown being released yet?

This right here. ^^^

We have to still add depth at the RB position, because Slaton didn't run as well last season and even if he were to return to his form from two seasons ago, you have to have depth in the NFL these days. RB's drop like flies. And why haven't we heard any news of Chris Brown being released yet?

Because he is an UFA and does not have to be released.

If Slaton's performance returns to somewhere between his rookie year and last year, consider the Texans lucky. And yep, we still need to draft a RB high this April.

I really really hope Slaton can come back to his 2008 form. Not because I want the Texans to draft X RB, I just really enjoyed watching him and he seems like a good guy all around from a couple interviews I watched.

Remember that TD he had in Cincy where he just out ran everybody? That was awesome, but it was also about one of the only highlights of the season for him. Get well soon Stevie boy, we need ya!

I'm sure glad that we got an reliable update from a reliable reporter from a reliable injury reporting organization. And so early, too. Thank G-d, I can rest much easier now.:eek:

I'm sure glad that we got an reliable update from a reliable reporter from a reliable injury reporting organization. And so early, too. Thank G-d, I can rest much easier now.:eek:

That's the thing. This is the same organization that had us believe Dominik Davis was ok. The same one that convinced us Boseli would get back on the field. The same one that told us year in and year out that Bennie Joppru was ready to step up and make a difference.

I will believe it when i see Slaton lining up as tailback on the first offense play of the 2010 NFL season.

Yes I was being very sarcastic. That's why I put a ":" after the word Front Office. To give it a scripted look.

My point is that our front office typically sees info like that and so they start feeling they don't have to address a position anymore. Then they find themselves having to feed us lines of BS about how things would've been different if so an so didn't get hurt.

Y'all that think our staff is hush-hush with injuries and other ongoings would really, really be upset if we had a group similar to Belichick & Co. I think Pats fans are lucky they even get a PC from that dude.

This ^^^^^. I have no faith when it comes to injury reports from or about the Texans.

This ^^^^^. I have no faith when it comes to injury reports from or about the Texans.

Remember when Charles Spencer was rehabing his injury, working out daily with Dunta. Kubiak said that he was looking good, losing weight, and doing nicely, the Texans cut him 3 days later.

I hate to sound jaded, but I'm already in the mindset that Slaton will not be a Texan. Neck surgery and football doesn't sound like a good combination to me.

Yeah, I'm assuming that Slaton is gone. We've got to grab some players in both FA and the draft and improve the RB position so that it's better than we've ever had. If Slaton comes back and performs, great. If he doesn't, that's fine, too.

And I've got no problem with bad or wrong injury reports coming from the Texans. That's just part of the obfuscation of keeping your enemies from knowing your current situation.

My problem is if the Texans staff isn't up to assessing the health of our players and prescribing the proper rehab routines to get them back on the field. If the staff is doing all the right things and correctly dealing with our injured players but then disinforming people with forethought, I'm happy. If the staff is screwing up, then I'm not happy.

memories:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491749&postcount=19
i just heard coach kubiak's comments. He said charles was going to be fine and that he is going to be a great player, though he has a lot of hard work ahead of him.

Coach said his biggest regret this year, aside from not having more wins, is that spencer didn't have 500 snaps under his belt so far. He went on to say that if he did, he'd be right whether williams, ryans and daniels are.

The biggest thing for me is that kubiak is still saying that charles "will" be a great player, so it appears the injury will not be career threatening or limiting.

:redtowel:

Large portion of FAIL

It seems like people are going to eventually long forget his fumbleitis he suffered this year. I don't see him being the same back that he was during his rookie year.

that's because he's a 3rd down back not the power back they need and since kubiac refuses to get a real power back they will suck again next year. Kubiak system is flawed by design. looks great between the 20's but once in the red zone they can't run/score. Why because his linemen are too little!

Manning did not undergo a cervical discectomy with bone graft fusion. No comparison.

How do you know what surgery Manning got? They said "neck surgery." The entire statement that the Colts released was very brief, and they said they'd have no further comment.

Manning's knee issue was more complicated than the Colts let on. And the Colts are notorious for very weird injury reports.

How do you know what surgery Manning got? They said "neck surgery." The entire statement that the Colts released was very brief, and they said they'd have no further comment.

Manning's knee issue was more complicated than the Colts let on. And the Colts are notorious for very weird injury reports.

The Colts said Manning spent Tuesday night in the hospital and was released Wednesday.

Very simple, TC. The Colts gave more information than they realize. He could have only undergone a minimally invasive percutaneous arthroscopic discectomy, laminotomy and/or foraminotomy used to treat "pinched cervical nerves."

Minimally invasive procedures are usually less than 1 hour operations. They can remove the bone spur, disc, or other tissue pressing against a nerve. Following these surgical techniques, patients are monitored overnight. But many can be monitored for 1 to 2 hours before being released to go home.
Recovery is quick and easy and requires little to no "rehab."

Cervical fusion is a 4-6 hour operation. A typical stay is four days but may vary between three to seven days. Recovery is prolonged with a long careful rehab regimen.

Has anybody here thought about all the times Slaton had his helmet ripped off his head?

I wonder if this contributed to the neck problems?

I wonder, if it did, if the league will begin considering banning or punishing the type of hits/tackles that involve a defender's hands ripping at the head of a ball carrier...which causes the helmet to come off.

Now, I know that he might not be strapping the chin strap good enough.

But folks, it's scary that he's had that thing popped off over and over...and now he's got neck problems. I think it contributed to his situation. That, along with how he strains for extra yards and tries to keep twisting out of gang tackles and such.

3rd down back, that's what he should be, that 1st year was awesome, but to think he can do that again is wishful thinking.

Any neck/back surgeries are a big deal for a RB, all it takes is an awkward hit or fall and he could be on the shelf again.

3rd down back, that's what he should be, that 1st year was awesome, but to think he can do that again is wishful thinking.

Any neck/back surgeries are a big deal for a RB, all it takes is an awkward hit or fall and he could be on the shelf again.

No more than 20 touches a game, unless he is absolutly on fire. Just needs a guy to better share the load.

TC,

Just a follow up FYI. I just came across a report that identified Mannings problem as a simple bone spur impinging on a cervical nerve root that has been annoying him for 4 years. He thought this would be a good time to finally take care of it. This would all go along with an overnight stay (minimally invasive procedure), short recovery and confidence of a quick uncomplicated return to action. A bone spur does not affect neck support per se. It can rub and/or press on the nerve as it comes out through the cervical vertebrae causing its functional signs and symptoms. Just like a simple heel spur, in order to alleviate a nerve irritation, it can usually be removed with minimally invasive technique (small incision with or without arthroscope). The important factor to remember is that, unlike a cervical fusion with bone graft which has heavy implications of neck support, this type of problem does not effect support of the neck. And, since the support factor is absent, the fear of acute consequences of future "hits is also not present.

The more that I think about it, I bet money that the texans are gonna select Blount in the later rounds. They wanna see how Steve will play in year three which will be his make or break year for him. Blount in the fourth or fifth is a low risk pick.

The more that I think about it, I bet money that the texans are gonna select Blount in the later rounds. They wanna see how Steve will play in year three which will be his make or break year for him. Blount in the fourth or fifth is a low risk pick.

I wouldn't mind Blount in the later rounds or someone like Anthony Dixon

im one of the few here who thinks that we're not as bad at the rb spot as others think. We might have a gem in Foster as a guy who can spell slaton effectively. Sure he's not a starter, but he looked good the last couple of games for us & if Slaton can bounce back to 2008 form & Foster continues to progress I think we'd be ok with those 2.

I just think that we simply cannot afford to take a rb in the 1st round with our defense having so many questions in the secondary.

The only area on the offense i'd feel comfortable with them drafting in the 1st for is along the o-line at center or guard. Otherwise, we need to draft for defense in the 1st...period.

Pouncy in a trade down or one of many excellent 2nd round picks. Trade all the way out of 1. It would be amazing.

NE will be so deep after several drafts of multiple 2's and 3's. Damnit. Those guys are smart!

Back