slaton to be ready by preseason?????????????

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HouSportsWriter, Mar 2, 2010.

1. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

i no i just made a post about the chat but this caught my eye

how well will slaton do after surgery and when do you expect him to be back in a texans uniform Tuesday March 2, 2010 12:36 slatonisanbeast

12:36 John McClain: He's way into his rehab. Everything is on schedule the last time I checked. They want him ready in preseason, and there's no reason he shouldn't be.

so can he play during the regular season ????????????????????

2. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Texans Front Office: Great, take running backs off the list for the draft and free agency. Tell Chris Brown to strap on his helmet. Whew!!! We almost paid money for some good running backs.

4. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

It seems like people are going to eventually long forget his fumbleitis he suffered this year. I don't see him being the same back that he was during his rookie year.

5. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I hope that your being sarcastic here, it's impossible to tell in a thread. RB is still a high priority pick until Slaton can prove that he can play at a high level on the field.

6. Texecutioner

This right here. ^^^

We have to still add depth at the RB position, because Slaton didn't run as well last season and even if he were to return to his form from two seasons ago, you have to have depth in the NFL these days. RB's drop like flies. And why haven't we heard any news of Chris Brown being released yet?

7. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Because he is an UFA and does not have to be released.

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If Slaton's performance returns to somewhere between his rookie year and last year, consider the Texans lucky. And yep, we still need to draft a RB high this April.

9. Texecutioner

Oh, well good. I just don't want to see him ever in a Texans uni again.

10. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

I really really hope Slaton can come back to his 2008 form. Not because I want the Texans to draft X RB, I just really enjoyed watching him and he seems like a good guy all around from a couple interviews I watched.

11. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Remember that TD he had in Cincy where he just out ran everybody? That was awesome, but it was also about one of the only highlights of the season for him. Get well soon Stevie boy, we need ya!

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I'm sure glad that we got an reliable update from a reliable reporter from a reliable injury reporting organization. And so early, too. Thank G-d, I can rest much easier now.:eek:

13. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

That's the thing. This is the same organization that had us believe Dominik Davis was ok. The same one that convinced us Boseli would get back on the field. The same one that told us year in and year out that Bennie Joppru was ready to step up and make a difference.

I will believe it when i see Slaton lining up as tailback on the first offense play of the 2010 NFL season.

D-ReK likes this.
  14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Yes I was being very sarcastic. That's why I put a ":" after the word Front Office. To give it a scripted look.

My point is that our front office typically sees info like that and so they start feeling they don't have to address a position anymore. Then they find themselves having to feed us lines of BS about how things would've been different if so an so didn't get hurt.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Y'all that think our staff is hush-hush with injuries and other ongoings would really, really be upset if we had a group similar to Belichick & Co. I think Pats fans are lucky they even get a PC from that dude.

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

This ^^^^^. I have no faith when it comes to injury reports from or about the Texans.

17. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Remember when Charles Spencer was rehabing his injury, working out daily with Dunta. Kubiak said that he was looking good, losing weight, and doing nicely, the Texans cut him 3 days later.

18. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Yup! And the whole DD debacle.

19. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

I hate to sound jaded, but I'm already in the mindset that Slaton will not be a Texan. Neck surgery and football doesn't sound like a good combination to me.

20. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Yeah, I'm assuming that Slaton is gone. We've got to grab some players in both FA and the draft and improve the RB position so that it's better than we've ever had. If Slaton comes back and performs, great. If he doesn't, that's fine, too.

And I've got no problem with bad or wrong injury reports coming from the Texans. That's just part of the obfuscation of keeping your enemies from knowing your current situation.

My problem is if the Texans staff isn't up to assessing the health of our players and prescribing the proper rehab routines to get them back on the field. If the staff is doing all the right things and correctly dealing with our injured players but then disinforming people with forethought, I'm happy. If the staff is screwing up, then I'm not happy.