Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

DW was sitting around la casa one day and thought those Playas over at tt.com haven't had much interesting lately to pontificate about so...

Why are we even debating all this without evidence? What I have seen so far is people projecting their personal feelings and using them as proof that DW4 is guilty of all the accusations against him. I feel that he is guilty, but until this case is closed I really do not know anything for sure.

On a side note, many substance abuse addicts use their substance addictions as a reason for their poor decisions which amount to them breaking the law. They have ready made excuses for stuff like theft, violent behavior and assaults, as well as sexual assaults and/or misconduct. For all we know DW4 could have a hidden drug addiction.

I have never said that DW4 should not go to jail because he is sick with an addiction and needs help. He most likely knows right from wrong and if that is proven than regardless of whether he is an addict or has addictions, they do not preclude him from facing justice. It simply means that at some point he should seek help for his addiction and/or addictions if he is found to have any. First thing he should have to do is face justice if if it is proven he is guilty of the sexual assaults he has been accused of.

I respect your point of view and understand that ALL of this is just dudes talking about something connected to a thing we sorta' care about (i.e. Houston Texans).

So I do not mean to come across as snarky. My attitude comes from a deep disgust and honestly, an anger, at anyone that sexually abuses women. Perhaps it clouds my judgement as it pertains to understanding substance abuse addictions versus behavioral addictions. I have a hard time with compassion for anyone that I perceive as a sexual predator (even if he didn't force himself on women, he's clearly manipulative in his actions that point towards predatory behavior).

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that my take is not about arguing or disagreement with you. You have every right to believe what you believe, so I wanted to clarify things so there are no hard feelings.

Because they aren’t sure of how many. Though it has been said on the forum

That number is conflicted depending upon what source it came from.

My two sources have differing numbers - 11 & "Up To 19".
@CloakNNNdagger source said 13.

What I do know is that of the original 11 I mentioned , 9 of those are "New Cases" not involved in the civil proceedings.

That number is conflicted depending upon what source it came from.

My two sources have differing numbers - 11 & "Up To 19".
@CloakNNNdagger source said 13.

What I do know is that of the original 11 I mentioned , 9 of those are "New Cases" not involved in the civil proceedings.

Do you know if these are officially opened cases?

A friend of mine was searching for cases on the Harris County court website and could not find any of them.

When do police investigations end up there? When charges are officially filed?

There is ZERO evidence that Deshaun Watson is a so-called "sexual addict". He has not admitted any wrongdoing, has not admitted that he has a problem, and there is nothing but those fans out there projecting their opinions that he is a victim of his own "addictions".

It's not even a medically accepted condition. All reputable medical establishments have studied it and arrived at a conclusion that there is no such thing as a "sex addict".

I've got a fairly extensive history in understanding various addictions, and I feel for those that struggle with it. It is disrespectful to those struggling with real addictions to basically build a facade of undeserved sympathy for a horny, rich egomaniac entertainer.

The fawning over this entertainer - and only because he's an entertainer - is the very definition of sycophant. He's done NOTHING to earn such misguided devotion except play football and entertain people.

It's nothing but a weak, unsupported defense for an alleged sexual predator, and there is no reason to continuously repeat it without evidence.

I'm Corrosion and I'm an addict ..... Took me 43 years to comprehend that but life has been better since.

Do you know if these are officially opened cases?

A friend of mine was searching for cases on the Harris County court website and could not find any of them.

When do police investigations end up there? When charges are officially filed?

Yes , the 11 I know to be "official" investigations by the Sherriff's office.

You won't find any documentation on those until / IF they result in an indictment. At that point the investigation becomes formal charges ..... and they'll arrest him. Until that occurs , it's just an investigation.

You won't find any documentation on those until / IF they result in an indictment. At that point the investigation becomes formal charges ..... and they'll arrest him. Until that occurs , it's just an investigation.
I hadn’t taken this part into consideration. You could have multiple grand juries listening to evidence.

Thanks, man. That's what I thought, but I didn't know for sure.

I respect your point of view and understand that ALL of this is just dudes talking about something connected to a thing we sorta' care about (i.e. Houston Texans).

So I do not mean to come across as snarky. My attitude comes from a deep disgust and honestly, an anger, at anyone that sexually abuses women. Perhaps it clouds my judgement as it pertains to understanding substance abuse addictions versus behavioral addictions. I have a hard time with compassion for anyone that I perceive as a sexual predator (even if he didn't force himself on women, he's clearly manipulative in his actions that point towards predatory behavior).

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that my take is not about arguing or disagreement with you. You have every right to believe what you believe, so I wanted to clarify things so there are no hard feelings.
I appreciate where you are coming from and I take no offense. I find this forum a great place for honest and open dialog and what makes it special is that for the most part, when our views on things are different, we come to the point where our opinions do not change so we peacefully agree to disagree.

Co-Occurring Drug Use and Sexual Behavior: Terms and Definitions - Seeking Integrity

Last edited:
tonybuzbee
In response to the many queries we've received about the Deshaun Watson case. I don't respond to individual press calls because it's easier for me to make one statement here. As I've said: There will not be a settlement, at least anytime soon. I have my best people on the case. That should tell you a lot about our intentions. Lawsuits are all about the work in the trenches. My 17 lawyers, under my supervision, are doing the legal grunt work it takes to prepare the cases for trial and another win. I've been doing this for many years, and, as the Texas Bar knows, I have rarely lost. And, these are very important cases—these women matter!!—and our team is doing what it takes in discovery and prep to try these cases to a jury. The press folks say we've gone "quiet," but the truth is we made clear early on that we wouldn't try these cases in the press and now are doing the important work required for our clients to try these cases to a jury. It's a lot of work! I would also point out that on a daily basis our firm proudly handles cases for people who have lost loved ones, for people burned beyond recognition, for workers who have had their lives ruined, for people hurt, for people discriminated against, for people wronged, and for people defrauded. Our firm will keep doing that. Thanks for your interest! Stand by.

tonybuzbee
In response to the many queries we've received about the Deshaun Watson case. I don't respond to individual press calls because it's easier for me to make one statement here. As I've said: There will not be a settlement, at least anytime soon. I have my best people on the case. That should tell you a lot about our intentions. Lawsuits are all about the work in the trenches. My 17 lawyers, under my supervision, are doing the legal grunt work it takes to prepare the cases for trial and another win. I've been doing this for many years, and, as the Texas Bar knows, I have rarely lost. And, these are very important cases—these women matter!!—and our team is doing what it takes in discovery and prep to try these cases to a jury. The press folks say we've gone "quiet," but the truth is we made clear early on that we wouldn't try these cases in the press and now are doing the important work required for our clients to try these cases to a jury. It's a lot of work! I would also point out that on a daily basis our firm proudly handles cases for people who have lost loved ones, for people burned beyond recognition, for workers who have had their lives ruined, for people hurt, for people discriminated against, for people wronged, and for people defrauded. Our firm will keep doing that. Thanks for your interest! Stand by.
Not sure if following is part of what you posted or separate link but KPRC 2 legal analyst Andrew Wice said he thought at the beginning and now that none of "this gets within a zip code of a jury".

Not sure if following is part of what you posted or separate link but KPRC 2 legal analyst Andrew Wice said he thought at the beginning and now that none of "this gets within a zip code of a jury".

For him not to go before a jury, he is going to have to start paying up asap. Now, for the criminal cases, unless dismissed, he will be seeing a judge and jury with jail time on the line.

For him not to go before a jury, he is going to have to start paying up asap. Now, for the criminal cases, unless dismissed, he will be seeing a judge and jury with jail time on the line.
Let's not forget, that Buzbee's cases are not consolidated. Even if some of his clients are willing to settle, some are free not to, especially if they have the stronger cases.

Let's not forget, that Buzbee's cases are not consolidated. Even if some of his clients are willing to settle, some are free not to, especially if they have the stronger cases.
Damn Buzzbutt really seems to have Watson by the ying-yang, he's really got him hamstrung.
I was hoping there might be a resolution in time to pull off a trade before the upcoming season begins, but it's looking like
Watsons availablity for a trade in the 2022 Draft is now the best case scenario.

Buzbee has recognized he'll have more leverage once the season starts because dw will be taking on fines for not showing up to camp in addition to legal fees.

If he does show up for camp, the daily media question onslaught will favor him (Buzbee.)

It's mostly a win / win scenario for Buzbee because dw can't afford "forever." The statement he released today about no common ground and 17 of his attorneys is a scare tactic to Harden but shows settlement talks have stalled.

I'm not sure what action the nfl or the Texans can take from here on out but I know the team doesn't want a circus. I suspect trade rumors will increase substantially before camp and again before the trade deadline.

"Attorney Rusty Hardin issued a strongly worded denial:'He has not been charged with anything. He will not be charged with anything and yet he is being tried in the court of public opinion with no recourse. There has not been one shred of tangible evidence...
and yet he is being slandered today."

Page 305
The Rocket that fell to Earth by Jeff Pearlman

Roger Clemens

Not as good a book as I had hoped. I couldn't resist posting. I imagine DW hopes his results will be at least similar.

Damn Buzzbutt really seems to have Watson by the ying-yang, he's really got him hamstrung.
I was hoping there might be a resolution in time to pull off a trade before the upcoming season begins, but it's looking like
Watsons availablity for a trade in the 2022 Draft is now the best case scenario.

These civil cases are irrelevant to when Watson plays again .... or not.

Its the criminal cases that matter.

The civil cases can be resolved tomorrow .... and he still aint playing.

These civil cases are irrelevant to when Watson plays again .... or not.

Its the criminal cases that matter.

The civil cases can be resolved tomorrow .... and he still aint playing.
Are you saying the Texans will cancel training camp, the preseason, & the regular season like they canceled mandatory mini camp

:kitten:

"Attorney Rusty Hardin issued a strongly worded denial:'He has not been charged with anything. He will not be charged with anything and yet he is being tried in the court of public opinion with no recourse. There has not been one shred of tangible evidence...
and yet he is being slandered today."

Page 305
The Rocket that fell to Earth by Jeff Pearlman

Roger Clemens

Not as good a book as I had hoped. I couldn't resist posting. I imagine DW hopes his results will be at least similar.

Watson is just praying that somehow the criminal stuff vanished. Otherwise he is having soap drop nightmares. You know it has to be getting in his head now.

Watson is just praying that somehow the criminal stuff vanished. Otherwise he is having soap drop nightmares. You know it has to be getting in his head now.
Watson knows it's difficult to prove. (I'm not saying he's guilty)

I've got to imagine all the discovery is out by now & his team doesn't appear worried. No criminal charges have been made since March, so that’s also looking good in his favor.

The NFL hasn't put him on the Commisioners list or suspended him & they've been "looking into it" since March as well. Another positive mark in Watson's favor.

I've got to imagine all the discovery is out by now & his team doesn't appear worried. No criminal charges have been made since March, so that’s also looking good in his favor.

The NFL hasn't put him on the Commisioners list or suspended him & they've been "looking into it" since March as well. Another positive mark in Watson's favor.

The Pervert ain't playing this yr.

The Pervert ain't playing this yr.
I don't doubt it, but why?

Most likely the NFL will not suspend him. I say this because they haven't & plenty of time has passed.

The Texans most likely won't suspend him... I mean they canceled mini camp. Most probably for another reason, but y'know, optics.

So far the only plausible reason he won't play this year is because he doesn't want to.... or better yet, because he doesn't want to play for Houston & they can't/won't trade him.

Most likely the NFL will not suspend him. I say this because they haven't & plenty of time has passed.

The Texans most likely won't suspend him... I mean they canceled mini camp. Most probably for another reason, but y'know, optics.

So far the only plausible reason he won't play this year is because he doesn't want to.... or better yet, because he doesn't want to play for Houston & they can't/won't trade him.

God'ell is putting off suspending him because he's waiting to see how this plays out in court.

Make no mistake, the Pervert has tarnished the Shield and either God'ell will put the Pervert on the CEL or if things play out in court he will be suspended.

God'ell is putting off suspending him because he's waiting to see how this plays out in court.

So you're saying Godell isn't going to suspend him for 2021?

They're not even doing affidavits until January. It's not going to "play out in court" until next summer.

Make no mistake, the Pervert has tarnished the Shield and either God'ell will put the Pervert on the CEL or if things play out in court he will be suspended.

Reality doesn't seem to be playing out this way. Seems like the NFL, the pundits anyway, seem ready to forget it. They're salivating about where he's going to play once the Texans kowtow to his demands.

So you're saying Godell isn't going to suspend him for 2021?

They're not even doing affidavits until January. It's not going to "play out in court" until next summer.

Reality doesn't seem to be playing out this way. Seems like the NFL, the pundits anyway, seem ready to forget it. They're salivating about where he's going to play once the Texans kowtow to his demands.

He's most likely going on the CEL and then will be suspended for part or all of the 2022 season.

You really think that after signing a 156 mil contract with 110 mil guaranteed, then trying to break how the NFL owners do business by trying to force a trade 6 months later isn't going to result in God'ell suspending the Pervert? Remember God'ell works for the owners.

I definitely agree! However we are not the ones playing with Watson. Also you and I both associate with those on this message board.

I cant believe you're trying to compare MB members to a Pervert's associates. You know guys like Hopkins.

LMAO

He's most likely going on the CEL and then will be suspended
So I ask when, as there's been plenty of time.

Then you say after it plays out in court.

I say that's not going to be until the summer of 2022.

& somehow he's not playing in 2021.

I'll put it plainly. The NFL doesn't appear to want to stop him from playing in 2021.

You really think that after signing a 156 mil contract with 110 mil guaranteed, then trying to break how the NFL owners do business by trying to force a trade 6 months later isn't going to result in God'ell suspending the Pervert?
Yes.

I think you think more about the situation than the NFL owners do.

The NFL hasn't lifted a finger. I don't think they're going to.

I'll put it plainly. The NFL doesn't appear to want to stop him from playing in 2021.

Yes.

God'ell hasn't put him on the CEL because God'ell doesn't want to have the Pervert get paid while this is in court. What God'ell is hoping is the Pervert will continue to holdout throughout the season and not get paid. If this doesn't happen God'ell will put the Pervert on the CEL. IMHO

I think you misread my interest levels in the Perverts current predicament. I'm finding entertainment in this. For NFL this is about $$$$ not entertainment.

Yes.

Here's why. Look at how long it took the NFL to suspend Ezekiel Elliott

Elliott was investigated. The NFL spent over a year investigating domestic violence allegations raised by Elliott’s former girlfriend in Columbus, Ohio. She filed police reports and went to the Columbus City Attorney’s office to pursue charges in July 2016. Elliott was never charged with a crime.

Here's why. Look at how long it took the NFL to suspend Ezekiel Elliott

Elliott was investigated. The NFL spent over a year investigating domestic violence allegations raised by Elliott’s former girlfriend in Columbus, Ohio. She filed police reports and went to the Columbus City Attorney’s office to pursue charges in July 2016. Elliott was never charged with a crime.

Right. I don't think the NFL is going to do anything this year, unless something happens & Watson is charged in a criminal case.

Hasn't happened yet, most likely won't happen before the season starts & not likely to happen before training camp.

The Texans are going to have to answer those tough questions, "We support the player..."

"Fining the player is part of the CBA, out of our control... "

"We're open to trading the player..."

Then if he shows up & they suspend him for skipping camp.... "We support the player, but he chose to skip camp. It's not fair to the team to bring him in now, as if he were there... "

Time for the Texans to do the right thing, even though they're going to catch crap for it, whatever they decide "the right thing" is.

Odds are that he will be at the very least fined are suspended. Buzzbee was waiting for TC to drop the hammer. And it's close now

Odds are that he will be at the very least fined are suspended. Buzzbee was waiting for TC to drop the hammer. And it's close now
The fine for missing TC is just under $100,000, so it'll likely be the start of the season before we're entertained again.

Watson will lose about $10M if he fails to show, all his base salary. I think the Texans would like to not pay Watson. So if he fails to show, is there any reason for the commish to take any action?

If he shows, the Texans will have to pay his salary, one way or the other. However the Texans save a roster spot if he is placed on the exempt list.

Unless Goodell suspends him for the entire season.

But, IMO, this decision won't become likely until the start of the season.

Five weeks until training camp. I'm ready for it to start.

I feel for all of you who were former substance abuse addicts or had to deal with others who were or are substance abuse addicts. I also feel for those of you who had less than ideal childhoods. I am glad to hear that you all are now doing well.

I never said that anybody should feel sorry for DW4, only that his behavior is indicitive of someone who has a compulsive sexual disorder and/or an addiction.

In no way have I stated that if DW4 is found guilty of the acts he has been accused of that he should get off easy. I just stated the possible cause and effect.

DW4 could very well have been using an illicit substance or substances prior to his contact with many of these women. People on drugs and alcohol tend to be impulsive/compulsive and make poor choices. I still don't rule out that DW4 is a sex addict or sex offender and/or he has a compulsive sexual disorder. That does not mean he should not be punished if found guilty. Just because a person has compulisive problems or is using a lot of drugs and/or alcohol, it does not mean they don't know right from wrong. We all still must be held accountable for our poor choices. If those choices lead to breaking the law and/or harming others who are innocent than we should face justice. If a person is cognitive enough to aggressively persue someone than they are able to know that what they are doing is wrong.

While I think DW4 is most likely guilty, he still deserves his day in court. The punishment he gets may be determined by whether he is found to have a mental disorder or not. I think the most likely punishment will be probation and he will have to pay a financial price.

Overview
Compulsive sexual behavior is sometimes called hypersexuality, hypersexuality disorder or sexual addiction. It's an excessive preoccupation with sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors that is difficult to control, causes you distress, or negatively affects your health, job, relationships or other parts of your life.

Compulsive sexual behavior may involve a variety of commonly enjoyable sexual experiences. Examples include masturbation, cybersex, multiple sexual partners, use of pornography or paying for sex. When these sexual behaviors become a major focus in your life, are difficult to control, and are disruptive or harmful to you or others, they may be considered compulsive sexual behavior.
No matter what it's called or the exact nature of the behavior, untreated compulsive sexual behavior can damage your self-esteem, relationships, career, health and other people. But with treatment and self-help, you can learn to manage compulsive sexual behavior.

Compulsive sexual behavior - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

I think it was prior to the draft when he was on Twitter hanging out with porn star Mia Kahlifa (may have spelled her name wrong) - most responses were in the vein of "lucky young dude".... wonder if that would be a red flag, in hindsight?

Overview
Compulsive sexual behavior is sometimes called hypersexuality, hypersexuality disorder or sexual addiction. It's an excessive preoccupation with sexual fantasies, urges or behaviors that is difficult to control, causes you distress, or negatively affects your health, job, relationships or other parts of your life.

Compulsive sexual behavior may involve a variety of commonly enjoyable sexual experiences. Examples include masturbation, cybersex, multiple sexual partners, use of pornography or paying for sex. When these sexual behaviors become a major focus in your life, are difficult to control, and are disruptive or harmful to you or others, they may be considered compulsive sexual behavior.
No matter what it's called or the exact nature of the behavior, untreated compulsive sexual behavior can damage your self-esteem, relationships, career, health and other people. But with treatment and self-help, you can learn to manage compulsive sexual behavior.
There's a lot of BS in that "overview" of compulsive sexual behavior.
For example what % of the 25 year-old male population in our society is preoccupied with thoughts of getting laid ?
I dunno but I feel safe in saying it's a significant F'ing # ! Most likely enough guys to say one is not freaky with such a preoccupation.

Overview

There's a lot of BS in that "overview" of compulsive sexual behavior.
For example what % of the 25 year-old male population in our society is preoccupied with thoughts of getting laid ?
I dunno but I feel safe in saying it's a significant F'ing # ! Most likely enough guys to say one is not freaky with such a preoccupation.

This still doesn't mean you should use a position of power to try to force women to have to choose between doing something they feel uncomfortable doing, or risk damaging their businesses.

Beat me to it. No evidence...so far that we know of. DW must be feeling pretty good. I'm waiting for Hardin to file counter suits as he did with Roger Clemens. Put some pressure on the other side.

Back