Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sage is our man

I think we need a moratorium on QB threads what so ever, I don't care to hear people who support Carr, people who support Sage or those few so out of touch with reality they still whining about Vince Young (the one-handed wonder). Lets have the only one with NFL QB experience, off Coordinator experience and now Head Coaching experience put best QB on field

GO GARY GO GARY!!!!!!:redtowel:

baba ganoush said:
Whoever said that carr is losing or gonna lose is job to sage, i dont think they understand the game really well. lets see why...

the person who gave all those statistics on qbs that are getting replaced, doesnt realize all of those qbs are STARS, and pro-bowlers...

heres my point...

Carr is seeing the 1st defense and having success while sage is seeing the 2nd defense...of course sage would have a better pre-season...

not to mention that houston has good talent with thier depth and most other teams dont...

And what you fail to understand is that Sage is playing with the second team offense as well, worse line, worse receivers.

I am not on the bench Carr bandwagon, but lets face it. Carr needs comp, and he got it now. If Kub dont like what he sees from Carr, have him sit a game or two and see what it does to his brain to be on the sidelines during a game.

Dime said:
And what you fail to understand is that Sage is playing with the second team offense as well, worse line, worse receivers.

I am not on the bench Carr bandwagon, but lets face it. Carr needs comp, and he got it now. If Kub dont like what he sees from Carr, have him sit a game or two and see what it does to his brain to be on the sidelines during a game.

I think it's better if Carr understands that if he ever gets put on the bench, he won't be getting off in a Texans uniform.

Help him understand, that he is the guy..... he will not be benched for a bad game...... he won't be benched because of a good looking second option..... he won't get benched because of some loud fans..... he won't get benched because of the media...... & he won't loose his job because of an injury. Carr, the starting job is yours......

But if that man Kubiak ever gets the feeling that you aren't trying your hardest, or that you simply can't keep up.......

It's Carr's job to lose at this point, according to Coach Kubiak.

That being said, Kubiak and McNair also said that nobody is above being benched or cut, irregardless of salary or position picked in the draft.

Don't expect a QB controversy until at least weeks 4-5. I think they'll want to give DC some time before entertaining the thought.

Lets start Quinton Porter he has done better than Sage stat 4 for4 and rating of 118.8, 100 completion rating yea baby Porter is our guy:sarcasm:

Double Barrel said:
It's Carr's job to lose at this point, according to Coach Kubiak.

That being said, Kubiak and McNair also said that nobody is above being benched or cut, irregardless of salary or position picked in the draft.

Don't expect a QB controversy until at least weeks 4-5. I think they'll want to give DC some time before entertaining the thought.

I doubt they do much before game 8 or 9 unless Carr is just really stinking it up. If he is doing a bit better week to week, even though we may be losing, I doubt anything will be done, due to the new system and he is showing some improvement.

Back