Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Round 2 Commentary thread

Dont get too excited about us picking Marshall, youboty, winston, and Pope, who would of thought we would of picked Ryans. And all these other teams not pick them.

Betro said:
Dont get too excited about us picking Marshall, youboty, winston, and Pope, who would of thought we would of picked Ryans. And all these other teams not pick them.

I had him ranked as my #9 guy for the draft. Not that I thought he would go 9, just that he was the 9th best fit for the Texans. Granted, my #6 and #8 were still on the board too, but top 10 in the second is top 10 in the second.

^(winston) yeah me too but if they dont i think denver will take him- he's fast/agile and would suit their system too...im not going to get my hopes up until after those 2 picks

Sarg01 said:
Well, he's not worth #33 if he's there at #65. Nevertheless, he'll be an upgrade to one of our current starters, and it's tough to argue with that in the 3rd. The injury's the only thing I can think of, but he looked OK in the postseason games.

Good depth maybe - which we'll need if Weigert gets hurt. The point is he may not be as good as has been touted on this board.

hadaad said:
I think that Denver will take Pope.

I think you nailed it...they have been talking TE all day around here (I live in Denver)

If that is the case Denver has sure had a great draft day today:

Cutler
J Walker
Pope...

Great day

I guess that all depends on what Cutler turns out to be. If he's Bret Favre (or something like him) good. If he's Dan McGwire (which is, in my mind, equally likely) then there's nobody to get Walker and Pope the ball after Plummer goes.

One guy I could see us taking in round 4 would be Michael Toudouze OT from TCU. Good quick feet but won't be taken high because he needs to add weight.

Sounds like a Kubiak guy to me...

There's enough talent left right now that I'm jazzed about whoever we get.

I kinda hope that at the end of the day we end up with Gerald Riggs Jr.

hadaad said:
There's enough talent left right now that I'm jazzed about whoever we get.

I kinda hope that at the end of the day we end up with Gerald Riggs Jr.

I agree to a point but do we trust our guys to pick the right guys...and not to reach?

I'm not so worried about reaching or not reaching. At this point, if we get guys who are an upgrade over what we have (Winston, scott, Youboti, SImpson come to mind) then I don't worry so much about what the talking heads will say.

Sarg's Best Available (for the Texans):

1. CB Ashton Youboty...2. OT Eric Winston...3. TE Leonard Pope...4. MLB Abdul Hodge (probably pass due to Ryans)...5. FS Ko Simpson...6. SS Darnell Bing...7. OT Jonathon Scott...8. WR Martin Nance...9. WR Derek Hagan...10. S Pat Watkins

GhostRaider2006 said:
What do you think the chances are that with our two next picks we will be saying "Who the hell is that" and "WTF". LOL!!!
That's what I am afraid of...

Keep thinking good thoughts...one of the has to be an OL so Scott or Winston...as for the second pick that one is up for grabs...

Do you really think the Texans are going to draft who the people on this board want???

I will believe 2 good picks in a row when I see it...

I will be happy to see one pick that is not a reach...

Back