Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

If Schaub gets OAK 7-9 wins and we do the same too, and 7 teams make the playoff next season under the new format if approved, then We could meet Schaub in the playoffs at Reliant and he throws Pick Six in Overtime :swatter:..... Epic game!!!

Not sure if I agree with that. The San Diego game showed he can still sling it and win. The question is not if he can still play at a high level, the question is, do you want to put all your eggs into his basket. Is this the guy that you want to count on to make an epic playoff run? And the answer to that question is hell no.

Proving you can "sling it for one game".. proves nothing. That became Schaub's problem over the last couple of years and CnD discussed this before. With his injury/condition.. he'll wear down over the course of the season and it'll show in his play.. then after the rest of the offseason, the breakdown will only happen faster the following year.

We all saw this play out during the 2012 season. Schaub came out on fire, but as the season wore on his play went off a cliff.. In 2013, his play and ability just diminished at a much faster rate. The guy is DONE.. D.O.N.E. Yes once in a blue moon he can have a San Diego.. "old Schaub'esque" type performance, but over the course of a 16 game season.. those games become fewer and far between.

For the Texans to salvage a pick for Schaub (a player they would've cut anyways) is a steal. Matt Schaub will take the Raiders NOWHERE if he's their main starter next season.

I'll take the 6th rounder for Schaub. Hell, considering our situation that's a hell of a good deal.

Way to go Rick, almost makes up for the Reed thing, almost.
Smith was also part of the decision to give Schaub that ridiculous contract extension. It's not all free beer and chili dogs for Rick.

He might have meant me.

Hey that is a nice pic, and I agree he does look relieved, the beard is a good look if he is going to be in silver and black. Now all he needs is an eye patch and a hook for a hand.

Clubbed foot?

Thanks for all of the hard work you put in for the Texans org. It's greatly appreciated.

Who knew that Marshall was the Raider's GM?

I have no earthly idea what the Raiders are thinking. I just know that Schaub's gone, and it's time to get a new QB. The 6th round pick is just a bonus. And who knows? The Texans could strike gold. Great 6th round picks of our century:

2012 Alfred Morris - RB - Skins - Has averaged over 1400 yards in his initial 2 seasons.
2012 Danny Trevathan - LB - Broncos - Starting LB for the AFC Champs.
2012 Blair Walsh - K - Vikings - All Pro as a rookie.
2011 Bryon Maxwell - CB - Seahawks - Really came on during the Seahawks run to the Super Bowl.
2011 Charles Clay - TE/FB - Dolphins - Has become a matchup nightmare for Miami.
2011 Jason Kelce - C - Eagles - Key component of one of the leagues premier offenses.
2011 Greg Hardy - DE - Panthers - Has developed into one of the leagues premier pass rushers.
2010 Antonio Brown - WR - Steelers - 2 time Pro Bowler is a fear multidimensional weapon.
2008 Pierre Garcon - WR - Colts - Nice small school find that became a solid contributor.
2008 Ahtyba Rubin - DT - Browns - Underrated player on what has become a good defense.

If the Texans could bag a player such as this, that would really turn a negative into a positive.

I think the Texans 6/7th rders haven't been that bad. Griffin/Keo/McCain. Ets see what Rick can do on his own now.

If Schaub gets OAK 7-9 wins and we do the same too, and 7 teams make the playoff next season under the new format if approved, then We could meet Schaub in the playoffs at Reliant and he throws Pick Six in Overtime :swatter:..... Epic game!!!

It's going to suck if we're 8-7 & they're 8-7 & we play each other week 17 with the play offs on the line & Matt delivers one of his rare 4th qtr comebacks.

I'll take the 6th rounder for Schaub. Hell, considering our situation that's a hell of a good deal.
I think we need to wait to hear what Marshall Faulk says before we can say that for sure.

Schaub’s 2013 rankings scream outlier, so what was the cause?
Let’s not forget, Schaub was a mid- to low-end QB1 for much of his career before last season. In terms of PFF QB Rating – which takes into account dropped passes, throw aways, spikes, and yards in the air – he finished between 6th and 11th overall between 2008 and 2012. His accuracy percentage – which is a more accurate measure than completion percentage because it accounts for those aforementioned things like dropped passes, throw aways, etc. – also ranged from first overall to 10th over that five year span. Finally, his fantasy points per drop back ranged from 6th to 21st. The table below shows the breakdown:

Code:
................2008	2009	2010	2011	2012	2013
PFF QB Rating	8th	6th	11th	9th	11th	33rd
Accuracy %	3rd	1st	8th	7th	10th	29th
Fantasy PP DB	6th	12th	19th	6th	21st	41st

The quotes below are perfect examples of "I Told You So" gloating by posters who live on this board, and derive their self esteem by their post count, join date and inflated egos, but even more humorous than that is that they actually believe that because Schaub was traded, they were somehow right. What does Schaub being traded have to do with what Either of them said?

If Schaub starts for the Raiders and melts down like the piece of washed up garbage you claim him to be, you could say you were right and gloat all you want, but if MS starts for the Raiders and is successful, then I would say there would be excuses rather than gloating.

I am sure that Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner and others still feel exactly the same way now as they did before MS was traded. 2014 will tell who was right and who was full of it.

Kind of like all of your claims that the only reason Schaub had not been cut yet was because the Texans did not want to tip their draft intentions. I'd say signing the likes of Fitzpatrick, and trading MS is tipping your hand a little wouldn't you?

You all laughed at the idea that anyone would even trade for Schaub, yet it happened and is why Schaub was not cut immediately, not draft strategy.

The whole theory of the degenerative foot injury, and SM's inability to audible, throw deep, etc., etc., etc. will be played out in the 2014 NFL season. I wonder if you will be owning up to being wrong, or making excuses?

The Texans vs. Raiders game should be very interesting to say the least.

Carry on...

I think we need to wait to hear what Marshall Faulk says before we can say that for sure.

or Kurt Warner because, I mean Kurt Warner thinks Matt Schaub makes special throws and is like the top 15-20th QB in the NFL....:smiliepalm:

The quotes below are perfect examples of "I Told You So" gloating by posters who live on this board, and derive their self esteem by their post count, join date and inflated egos, but even more humorous than that is that they actually believe that because Schaub was traded, they were somehow right. What does Schaub being traded have to do with what Either of them said?

If Schaub starts for the Raiders and melts down like the piece of washed up garbage you claim him to be, you could say you were right and gloat all you want, but if MS starts for the Raiders and is successful, then I would say there would be excuses rather than gloating.

I am sure that Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner and others still feel exactly the same way now as they did before MS was traded. 2014 will tell who was right and who was full of it.

Kind of like all of your claims that the only reason Schaub had not been cut yet was because the Texans did not want to tip their draft intentions. I'd say signing the likes of Fitzpatrick, and trading MS is tipping your hand a little wouldn't you?

You all laughed at the idea that anyone would even trade for Schaub, yet it happened and is why Schaub was not cut immediately, not draft strategy.

The whole theory of the degenerative foot injury, and SM's inability to audible, throw deep, etc., etc., etc. will be played out in the 2014 NFL season. I wonder if you will be owning up to being wrong, or making excuses?

Carry on...

Or if Schaub has another bad season what are the chances that you could admit that you might have been wrong.

Or if Schaub has another bad season what are the chances that you could admit that you might have been wrong.

It depends. If he wilts & fades away like he did at the end of 2012, I'll admit the foot is the issue.

If he continues to be this mistake prone, 6.5 ypa, passer, then I'll think he's still shell shocked.

If he has some other freak accident.... say something to his throwing shoulder, or he becomes prone to concussions... then I'll say we'll have to wait yet another year.

I've never seen a board that embodies "conform or be cast out" quite like Texans Talk. So the guy has a different viewpoint, who cares?

You guys are like leftists, who, of course, are the epitome of "believe what you want to believe as long as it's what I believe."

Who the **** cares. Matt Schaub isn't a Houston Texan anymore. It's what you guys wanted so there's no use stroking each others' cocks about it from here on out.

Lots of fail in this post ..... :nolisten:

...by posters who live on this board, and derive their self esteem by their post count, join date and inflated egos...
Just opinions, man. People differ. :brando:
...but if MS starts for the Raiders and is successful...
We know our QBs were behind the 8-ball with Kubiak's predictable route concepts/play calling.
You all laughed at the idea that anyone would even trade for Schaub...
Front office did good getting the pick. Schaub, I'm sure, would rather be in Cleveland.
The whole theory of the degenerative foot injury...
Not a theory, lisfranc injury sets up a degenerative condition. As to how quickly it goes, you'll have to ask Dr. CND.

Yep. I'll be pulling for the road team. :logo:

So is it better for us to trade instead of making him a June 1 cut from a salary cap perspective?

As I understand it, the trade is essentially the same as as a regular cut. All the dead money comes off the books this season. This leave us $7M shorter on cap in 2014 and $7M longer on cap in 2015 than with a June 1 cut.

I'm just catching up with things which happened the last several days while I was in the Hospital.

You did say something about "thinks he's too big for his britches", right ?
But why is that a problem ? I think most of the really successful guys in the NFL have very, very healthy egos. On the Texans, no doubt that both Watt & Cushing are hotdogs to some degree. And some of the best QBs like Brady and Rogers are very self-centered from what I read. I want my best players to
have an attitude about their own abilities, to think and believe they are the best.

The guys who have a quiet confidence are my kind of guys, not the braggarts.

Rick shafted us on the cap so we don't have the ability to do what Denver did.

Hopefully the next major cut in the organization will be Smith, either this year or next.

For now we have to make the best with what we have and draft wisely.

That would be unwise in my opinion. He's done about as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

Bingo, it doesn't just compile and accumulate. Signing guys now will affect next years salary, but if done properly will have no barring on signing JJ and bringing in more guys, considering the cap will go up once again. Cutting Schaub would have given us 10 million to sign an ilb, slot corner, pass rusher this season! Instead we roll with trash or unproven rookies. And now we have a journey man qb potentially as our starter. You honestly don't think that's an issue? You all want to "sit back and wait", howd that work out the last 2 coaching staffs? Maybe if the fans spoke up more and stopped being so passive to this organization they would realize we actually want to win here, not just "compete".

Funny how no one is calling out McNair for lieing to our faces calling this a "reload" year NOT a "rebuild" year. Guess the BS starts at the top and rolls downhill. Oh well, in 3 years we will be "reloading" again when our safety, corner, wr and rb are no longer effective. Here's to being .500 for life! :fingergun:

How many ways can you say something to show us how angry you are? I get it. You are just a little over the top for my taste which makes me too casual for yours. I believe this is when self control and objective evaluation is needed most which is why having an outsider like OB will be good for us.

Just firing everyone in sight does not bring about the improvement you seek.

First of all you should go back through my posts and my outlines for previous off-seasons, I have a better understanding of the cap than 95% of the people in here and when I don't know something I research an answer. You may not agree with what I say or maybe I am too "vague" for you but to say my post post was an "ignorant assertion" is laughable.

So let me break it down and clarify for you. By cutting Schaub and designating June 1st, we would have gained approximately 10 m. That alone is enough to sign some guys like Carlos Rogers, Pat Angerer and maybe even a pass rusher. A few guys to fill some holes and be role players instead of pumping out scrubs like Sharpton, Reed and McCain.

Second of all, by trading Schaub you have 9 m this year and about 44 m next year. (assuming no one else is signed which won't be accurate but its easier to do this illustration). If you June 1st cut him you bump up to 19 m this year and 37 m next year. Its not as simple as rolling the money over and doing what you wish with it. With bonuses and pro rations you would come out ahead by cutting him, signing guys and then having a bunch of money next year still. Instead you do nothing now, and have just a few million more next year. Its called improving your roster NOW and getting players accustomed to the coaching style and scheme, instead of wasting time.
How can we take you seriously when you start off with bad figures. With Schaub, there is only $10.5M of signing bonus outside of his salary, none of which is guaranteed. The least we can count against cap is $3.5M for 2014 so under any circumstance, we cannot get more than $7M in relief from dead money. Any amount over that assumes we keep him on the roster and pay him unguaranteed money. But you start off saying we could save $10M. That's just not true. Our choices were to cut him or designate him a June 1 cut or keep him on the roster making his salary and Roster bonus a hit against the cap. From there, it's only a matter of when you take the hit against the cap, not whether you take the hit.

I personally think they did it the right way.

The quotes below are perfect examples of "I Told You So" gloating by posters who live on this board, and derive their self esteem by their post count, join date and inflated egos, but even more humorous than that is that they actually believe that because Schaub was traded, they were somehow right.
Are you still here?

Cutting Schaub would have given us 10 million to sign an ilb, slot corner, pass rusher this season!
Making Schaub a June 1st cut (which is what I'm assuming you are referring to) would have given the Texans an additional $6 million in cap relief. But, that cap relief wouldn't have shown up until June 2nd. By that time, the top ILBs, CBs, and pass rushers would have been signed. What it could have been used for is a JJ Watt extension. But since Schaub will be off the books completely in 2015, and the Texans will have a young QB playing on a rookiw contract, there will be plenty of cap space then to extend JJ.

Basically it only gives us a few million in cap space this year extra. Next year the rest will be applied.

Shaub's trade takes his salary of $10M and his roster Bonus of $937,500 off the books this year. $3.5M of his signing bonus remains and $7M of future signing bonus allotments are immediately counted against 2014 leaving a net this year of $3,937,500 in 2014 and bunches more in 2015 and 2016.

That was already offset by Fitzgeralds contract.

A lot of people are hoping for that, it would be nice. I'm just happy to net something from the deal.

I'm actually surprised we got anything with his contract in tact. He's just worth less than his contract so I didn't anticipate a trade without a salary concession.

What is over the top about being happy that a pricey under performing QB is not longer the leader of the offense and is playing elsewhere? Up until last season Schaub was a good QB. The bottom dropped out and that happens. I'm glad we're moving on and hopefully for him he gets his career back on track. He was a good player and good rep in the public. But he 'was' and that's is the bottom line.

And you are wrong. Most people, I dont know of anyone that posts here that doesn't want this team to be great would rather be wrong about our opinions and have this team be successful than play armchair GM and say 'I told you so' after this team goes down in flames. You on the other hand should take a long look in the mirror, put down the pom poms and stop playing armchair cheerleader so you can see the plain truth about this team. It wasn't very good last season and much of the problem started with the awful QB play.

My greatest hope for this team is a rebuild of the OL using players in IR last season and draft picks. The beginning of the end came with the loss of Offensive linemen two seasons ago and the fixes didn't help.

Was this a conditional pick because I show the Seahawks getting the Raider's 6th?

Well, the keeper of the draft pick record, the NFL, says that the Raiders had their 6th round pick to trade to the Texans. Pretty sure, they nor anyone else does not care what YOU had regards to the matter.

I've never seen a board that embodies "conform or be cast out" quite like Texans Talk. So the guy has a different viewpoint, who cares?

You guys are like leftists, who, of course, are the epitome of "believe what you want to believe as long as it's what I believe."

Who the **** cares. Matt Schaub isn't a Houston Texan anymore. It's what you guys wanted so there's no use stroking each others' cocks about it from here on out.

I'm still on the board and I'm definitely to the right of Gingus Khan.

As I understand it, the trade is essentially the same as as a regular cut. All the dead money comes off the books this season. This leave us $7M shorter on cap in 2014 and $7M longer on cap in 2015 than with a June 1 cut.

I'm just catching up with things which happened the last several days while I was in the Hospital.

One other difference is that the net $3.5M increase in 2014 cap room is effective the day the trade is effective, while the $10.5M the June 1 cut would have created wouldn't have been effective until June 1, so for the next 2 months plus, the Texans have more cap room than a June 1 would have given them.

Well, the keeper of the draft pick record, the NFL, says that the Raiders had their 6th round pick to trade to the Texans. Pretty sure, they nor anyone else does not care what YOU had regards to the matter.
I just want to determine who has the right information. Many times the trades change from what is originally announced due to conditions on the pick not announced. I'm sorry if my attempt to find out what happened causes you grief. Well, not as sorry as I would have been without the snarky comment.

Was this a conditional pick because I show the Seahawks getting the Raider's 6th?
The Seahawks got the Raiders 5th, according to GBN Report. This guy has had a draft site since Al Gore invented the internets, and he does a really good job of keeping track of traded draft picks.

First round

• St. Louis has a #1 pick from Washington (2012 draft trade for QB Robert Griffin)
  • Cleveland has a #1 pick from Indianapolis (RB Trent Richardson)
Second Round

• San Francisco has a #2 from Kansas City (QB Alex Smith)
Third round

• Minnesota has a #3 from Seattle (WR Percy Harvin)
  • San Francisco has a #3 from Tennessee (2013 draft day trade)
  • Cleveland has a #3 from Pittsburgh (2013 draft day trade)
Fourth round

• NY Jets have a #4 from Tampa Bay (CB Darelle Revis)
  • Cleveland has a #4 from Indianapolis (2013 draft day trade)
  • Jacksonville has a #4 from Baltimore (OT Eugene Monroe)
Fifth round

• Jacksonville has a #5 from Detroit (WR Mike Thomas)
  • Jacksonville has a #5 from Baltimore (OT Eugene Monroe)
  • Seattle has a #5 from Oakland (QB Matt Flynn)
  • Philadelphia has a #5 from New England (DT Isaac Sapoaga)
  • New Orleans has a 5th from Philadelphia (RB Darren Sproles)
Sixth round

• Chicago has a #6 pick from Tampa Bay (OT Gabe Carimi)
  • Kansas City has a 6 from Dallas (LB Edgar Jones)
  • New England has a #6 from Philadephia (DT Isaac Sapoaga)
  • Jacksonville has a #6 from San Francisco (QB Blaine Gabbert)
  • Houston has a #6 from Oakland (QB Matt Schaub)
Seventh round

• San Francisco has a #7 pick from Carolina (S Colin Jones)
  • San Francisco has a #7 from New Orleans (LB Parys Haralson)
  • Oakand has a conditional #7 from Arizona (QB Carson Palmer)
  • Dallas has a #7 from Kansas City (LB Edgar Jones)
  • Dallas has a #7 from Chicago (TE Dante Rosario)
  • Carolina has a #7 from the NY Giants (LB Jon Beason)
  • Indianapolis has a conditional pick from Baltimore (C AQ Shipley)
  • Baltimore has a 7th round pick from Miami (OT Bryant McKinnie)

Other

• St. Louis has an undisclosed pick from Indianapolis (CB Josh Gordy)
  • Tampa Bay has a conditional pick from Philadelphia (WR Arrelious Benn)

I just want to determine who has the right information. Many times the trades change from what is originally announced due to conditions on the pick not announced. I'm sorry if my attempt to find out what happened causes you grief. Well, not as sorry as I would have been without the snarky comment.

You could have investigated the accuracy by going to NFL.com or ESPN or 20 other sites. Instead YOU posted some arrogant "I HAVE" this when it has already been proven wrong...i.e the trade was finalized by the NFL.

So who would you like to win?

Of course I would love to see the Texans win, but don't think for a minute I won't cheer if Schaub proves all the haters wrong.

I see where this line of questioning is going so let me be clear. I am a Texans fan first and foremost. I only want what is best for the team, but that does not mean I have to fall in line with a bunch of blow hards who think they know everything. Especially when it comes to agreeing with former players that have a little bit more sway than guys who strut around a message board like they are the authority on everything Texans.

Probably the Raiders.

Nitrofish, you sound like a Matt Schaub fan more than a Texans fan.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, it goes to show how you can't even wait for my answer before you try to smear me. I couldn't care less what I sound like to you. Ask me a question and I will answer in a way that will leave no room for guessing, or in this case projecting.

I will freely admit you were right, and might even be more inclined to consider your opinions next time a similar situation arises. Hell I am even willing to make a sig bet if you like. Loser wears winners sig of choice for 2014 season. You in?

Finally some straight talk. :goodpost:

Are you still here?

Making Schaub a June 1st cut (which is what I'm assuming you are referring to) would have given the Texans an additional $6 million in cap relief. But, that cap relief wouldn't have shown up until June 2nd. By that time, the top ILBs, CBs, and pass rushers would have been signed. What it could have been used for is a JJ Watt extension. But since Schaub will be off the books completely in 2015, and the Texans will have a young QB playing on a rookiw contract, there will be plenty of cap space then to extend JJ.

I am still here, and will continue to be, no matter how hard you and you kind try to bully me into your way of thinking, or leaving. I gotta say, having one of the mods join in on the bullying is a real great way to tarnish the reputation of this board.

I mean last I heard mods were there to keep the peace, and be sure people are staying on topic, etc. This does not seem to be the case with you Lucky. You seem to have some personal vendetta with me because I do not agree with your opinions. Is asking me if I am still here a veiled request to stop posting here? That's a classy thing for a mod of this board to post.

If people have a problem with my posts, then neg rep me, and soon enough I will be gone if everyone feels the same as you and a handful of others do, otherwise, keep your personal attacks in check.

Dispute the opinions in my post with something other than just "because I said so", or "because the majority opinion is" type of responses.

This board does not belong to you. It belongs to Fans of the Houston Texans, of which I am one. That does not mean I have to march in lock step with you, or your ilk. Get over yourselves.

I am the happiest man on earth since Schaub was traded, or at least I thought I would be. You see I mistakenly thought it would mean the end of the years of Schaub bashing that has been going on here. Only to find when I return a few days later, guys like you are still at your favorite sport of Schaub Bashing.

Carry On...

You could have investigated the accuracy by going to NFL.com or ESPN or 20 other sites. Instead YOU posted some arrogant "I HAVE" this when it has already been proven wrong...i.e the trade was finalized by the NFL.
Another snarky comment simply because I HAVE another round in on my spreadsheet from some earlier information. I don't think we will get along nicely with that kind of attitude. Just ignore me so you don't have to see such unresearched requests and I'll ignore you because of your attitude.

Good god the martyr complex is out strong this morning. Y'all aren't getting dogged for your opinions. It is your lack of reading, overgeneralization and pontificating, i.e. manner of presentation. One of you thinks a sneeze containing a 'sch' sound is a personal insult to Schaub and the other believes every post they make is personally inspired by God. Now that's fine and nobody is telling you to go away but if you are going to be thick headed about what is causing you blowback when others say the same things and don't get similar treatment then grow some thick skin while you are at it.

And by the way, the mods are not here to throw care bears at you. They are Texans fans and MB members first and that is how they are operating unless they instruct you to do something. If that occurs it will be obvious.

My greatest hope for this team is a rebuild of the OL using players in IR last season and draft picks. The beginning of the end came with the loss of Offensive linemen two seasons ago and the fixes didn't help.

Especially if Bortles is drafted 1-1. The 2-1 pick should be an OT. Gotta protect your franchise QB. Plus drafting a OL in rds 5-7 for depth purposes.

I just hope the Texans org learned something from last yr and don't use high draft picks on injured players.

Good god the martyr complex is out strong this morning. Y'all aren't getting dogged for your opinions. It is your lack of reading, overgeneralization and pontificating, i.e. manner of presentation. One of you thinks a sneeze containing a 'sch' sound is a personal insult to Schaub and the other believes every post they make is personally inspired by God. Now that's fine and nobody is telling you to go away but if you are going to be thick headed about what is causing you blowback when others say the same things and don't get similar treatment then grow some thick skin while you are at it.

And by the way, the mods are not here to throw care bears at you. They are Texans fans and MB members first and that is how they are operating unless they instruct you to do something. If that occurs it will be obvious.

I have the ignore function going for the first time and I still know who this is directed toward. Shocking.

And by the way, the mods are not here to throw care bears at you. They are Texans and NFL fans first and that is how they are operating unless they instruct you to do something. If that occurs it will be obvious.

So you just said all of those over the top things, and then you go on about pontificating, or not being able to read or comprehend?

Never said anything about care bears, that is nothing more than your weak attempt to make yourself sound superior, and it's a pretty ****ty attitude if you ask me.

Name some specific examples of where people are saying the same things I am but not getting the same treatment. You can't. Don't try to pretend like it has anything more to do with the fact they are Schaub haters, and I am a Schaub supporter. You act as if I do not back up any of my posts with facts, or that other who might have similar opinions are some whack jobs who live alone in a cabin in the woods. It's just more BS that I least expected from you.

Are you these guys champions? Did you feel the need to step in and protect them from the harsh treatment I was giving them? Give me a break. I'm starting' to think you might have a superiority complex dude since some of your post towards some people are condescending, and arrogant.

If your skin is so thick, why are you so concerned with this? It would seem to me that someone of your superior intellect would not waste his time in this kind of drivel, but here you are pontificating away and then displaying the same characteristics you are railing on.

If you, or those handful of guys do not like my posts, then ignore them, but stop going out of your way to try to prove you d!ick is bigger than mine with some ignorant rant like this one.

One other difference is that the net $3.5M increase in 2014 cap room is effective the day the trade is effective, while the $10.5M the June 1 cut would have created wouldn't have been effective until June 1, so for the next 2 months plus, the Texans have more cap room than a June 1 would have given them.

Except that we'll have to save about $7M of our cap room for our rookie class. So if we have $9M now, we need to treat it like $2M

However, if we already cut Schaub & designated him a June 1st cut, we can use that $9M like it were $9M knowing we've got $10M coming on June 2nd.

Ntrofish, I don't do bets anymore, if you notice I don't have a Sig.

BTW, I like Schaub a lot and hope he lights it up next yr. Just not against Texans.

Back