Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Proposed 2015 NFL Rule Changes

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Next week when the Competition Committee convenes, these points will be considered:

Rule changes

— Allow any call to be challenged.

— Allow penalties to be challenged.

— Allow coaches to challenge personal fouls.

— Allow personal fouls to be reviewed, but not necessarily on coaches’ challenges.

— Make all fouls that result in automatic first downs reviewable.

— Allow replay review of rulings related to hits on defenseless receivers.

— Review every foul for hits on defenseless players.

— Increase the number of coaches’ challenges from two to three.

— Add the game clock at the end of the half and end of the game to the list of things that can be reviewed on replay.

— Add the play clock to the list of things that can be reviewed on replay.

— Put fixed cameras on all boundaries of the playing field, sidelines, goal line.

— Allow a “bonus try” after a two-point conversion. (the Colts have proposed that after a successful 2-point conversion, a 50 yard FG would be allowed to complete a 3-point conversion total)

— Do not allow players to push rushers when a team is punting. (This is already the rule on field goals and extra points.)

— Guarantee both teams a possession in overtime.

— Ban peelback blocks by any offensive player.

— Give defensive players “defenseless receiver” protection on interceptions.

— If there’s a dead ball foul, unsportsmanlike conduct or taunting at the end of the first half, it will carry over to the second half.

— Ban running backs from chop blocking outside the tackle box.

— Allow linebackers to wear jersey numbers 40-49 in addition to 50-59 and 90-99.

— If an eligible player reports as an ineligible receiver to the referee, he must align within the tackle box.

Bylaw proposals

— Eliminate the 75-player cutdown.

— Expand rules to allow teams more contact with draft eligible players.

— Permit teams that play on Thursday to designate one player eligible to return to the active list from injured reserve.

— Permit players on Physically Unable to Perform to begin practicing earlier.

Resolution

— Allow teams with retractable roofs to open their roofs during halftime shows.

— Allow a “bonus try” after a two-point conversion. (the Colts have proposed that after a successful 2-point conversion, a 50 yard FG would be allowed to complete a 3-point conversion total)

ROFL.gif
Nice try, Dolts.

How about we figure out what "a catch" is.

I've got a couple.

- Eliminate Thursday games.

- Eliminate that silly ass inactive-on-gameday rule. Why have folks on your roster you can't play??

I've got a couple.

- Eliminate that silly ass inactive-on-gameday rule. Why have folks on your roster you can't play??

I hate "inactive on gameday"! You got a whole practice squad full of jackasses who are inactive on gameday. Why add to that collection on the one day you could use every hand on deck?

It's stupid and pointless. If you're dressing out almost everybody on your team why not just dress them all?

I've got a couple.

I hate "inactive on gameday"! You got a whole practice squad full of jackasses who are inactive on gameday. Why add to that collection on the one day you could use every hand on deck?

It's stupid and pointless. If you're dressing out almost everybody on your team why not just dress them all?

I think it's kind of a stupid restriction too, but the fact is there are contracts with incentives tied to the number of games a player is active (due to either injury or performance concerns). Not sure how that would be dealt with if all of the sudden, there was no such thing as a Sunday inactive.

- Allow a “bonus try” after a two-point conversion. (the Colts have proposed that after a successful 2-point conversion, a 50 yard FG would be allowed to complete a 3-point conversion total)

WTF??? :um: That's just a stupid proposal with no base of reference to implement. Why not roll a basketball goal out there and let them shoot for 3??

I do like these two proposals:
- Allow any call to be challenged.

- Guarantee both teams a possession in overtime.

I think it's kind of a stupid restriction too, but the fact is there are contracts with incentives tied to the number of games a player is active (due to either injury or performance concerns). Not sure how that would be dealt with if all of the sudden, there was no such thing as a Sunday inactive.

Stop putting game-based incentives into contracts. Incentives should be performance based anyway. Sitting guy X out is, in my mind, only plausible at season's end when either you're in the playoffs and resting key starters or out of contention and looking at youngsters for next season. If a GM is sitting a guy out to save a few bucks at the expense of team success then I'd fire his butt.

Stop putting game-based incentives into contracts. Incentives should be performance based anyway. Sitting guy X out is, in my mind, only plausible at season's end when either you're in the playoffs and resting key starters or out of contention and looking at youngsters for next season. If a GM is sitting a guy out to save a few bucks at the expense of team success then I'd fire his butt.

Again, I agree with you for the most part, but I disagree with the elimination of games based incentives - particularly if it's involving an injury prone player. I don't see anything wrong with a team allowing itself some sort of protection if they're going out on a limb a bit to sign someone with that history. There may be another effective way to do this besides using a game-day inactive list, but if it's currently working, and it's currently easy to figure out, I don't see any reason to believe it might change.

Also, not sure where the sitting guys out to save a few bucks thing came up. Not saying it doesn't happen, but so does sitting guys out because of genuine injuries.

Again, I agree with you for the most part, but I disagree with the elimination of games based incentives - particularly if it's involving an injury prone player. I don't see anything wrong with a team allowing itself some sort of protection if they're going out on a limb a bit to sign someone with that history. There may be another effective way to do this besides using a game-day inactive list, but if it's currently working, and it's currently easy to figure out, I don't see any reason to believe it might change.

Also, not sure where the sitting guys out to save a few bucks thing came up. Not saying it doesn't happen, but so does sitting guys out because of genuine injuries.

I think a performance based incentive clause would take care of your concerns. You have to be healthy to make your incentive targets right?

I think a performance based incentive clause would take care of your concerns. You have to be healthy to make your incentive targets right?

I don't think that takes care of it near as well. Inactives directly relates to participation on a per game basis. Something like sacks does not. It's fluky and streaky, like Mercilus getting 4 sacks in 1 game. It also changes the whole nature of the performance based incentives regime from one rewarding exceptional play to one rewarding participation play.

I used to think the inactives list was stupid, but once someone pointed to the primary reason being competitiveness for injury bit teams and the addition of the protection for injury/suspension risk players/teams I don't see it as a bad idea anymore.

— Allow penalties to be challenged.

— Allow replay review of rulings related to hits on defenseless receivers.

— Ban peelback blocks by any offensive player.

— Give defensive players “defenseless receiver” protection on interceptions.

Yes.

I've got a couple.

I like Thursday games.

The reasoning behind the inactive list is to balance out the rosters for each side. There are usually a handful or more players any given week that cannot play due to injury. The inactive list helps balance each side, if one is more healthy than the other.

Everything should be challengable. Everything.

A coach should be able to say "Hey ref, you ****ed up. You're a moron. Go look at this again, you lovechild of Helen Keller and Ray Charles."

I like the college overtime system. Why not switch to that?

Giving both teams a shot until one gets stopped seems more fair than making the outcome very dependent on the coin toss. Plus if you start close to the end zone (like college) it won't take too long either.

WTF??? :um: That's just a stupid proposal with no base of reference to implement. Why not roll a basketball goal out there and let them shoot for 3??

I do like these two proposals:

— Allow any call to be challenged.

— Guarantee both teams a possession in overtime.

The way they have it now, where both teams get the ball unless a TD is scored, already takes games well into OT. If you change it to both teams getting the ball even on TDs, I think you're going to see a few more tie games and I don't think that's a good thing.

On another note, I don't get all business the PAT is getting. You score a TD, you get a bonus chance. Who cares if it's nearly automatic? And if that's truly what it's about, then switch to a dropkick on PATs. And for FGs inside of 30 yards for that matter.

I guess we'll use this for 2015 NFL Owners Meetings

Schedule
  • Monday, March 23: Compensatory picks could be announced in the morning. Competition Committee press conference at 12:30 p.m.
  • Tuesday, March 24: AFC Head Coaches Breakfast from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m., where Head Coach Bill O'Brien will speak to the media.
  • Wednesday, March 25: NFC Head Coaches Breakfast from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Owners officially vote on rule changes. Commissioner Roger Goodell will hold a press conference to conclude the meetings.

And some franchise tweet rumors...

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
... One other thing -- Dodger Stadium remains under consideration, along with the Coliseum and Rose Bowl, as a potential temp NFL home.

10) We won't get answers this week. But at this point, those involved believe there's a good chance things crystallize on LA in Oct or Nov.

9) Among the things NFL pays attention to -- A club's popularity in LA. Per LA Times polling, Rams win that one http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-poll-nfl-team-los-angeles-20150225-htmlstory.html …

8) NFL is in a good spot in regards to LA. Competing projects = Better projects. Good likelihood, as Mara said, there's a team there in '16.

7) If that scenario played out, Rams would get head start, Raiders get fresh start, Chargers set a deadline for SD to get stadium done.

6) There are about 10-12 possible scenarios that could play out. 1 interesting one: Rams to LA; Raiders to StL; SD stays put for time being.

5) NFL is working to set up April visits to San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis. League is doing its own market assessment on those 3 cities.

4) At least in the short term, the likely outcome is 2 (not 3) teams in South California. So either 2 in LA, or 1 in San Diego and 1 in LA.

3) NFL's dilemma now: The Rams have the strongest project. They're also the least qualified of the 3 to move, by NFL's relocation criteria.

2) When questions come, clubs will be free to answer. But it's more likely the league will answer LA questions, clubs on their home markets.

1) On Monday, the NFL will provide an update to clubs on LA. The Rams, Chargers and Raiders won't present their respective LA projects.

Saw John Mara's comments earlier. Los Angeles sure to be a hot topic the next couple days. So I'll share some info I've gathered here. ...

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
5) Team moves. This can be a forum for those. Peterson's name will certainly come up. More on him here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-petersons-camp-rejects-meeting-with-vikings …

4) Int'l Games discussion on the agenda. NFL expects more than 3 games in '16. More possible steps: Removal of automatic byes, Dec games.

3) NFL's newly formed conduct committee (includes 2 women) will have a presentation, with Hardy and Peterson situations still unresolved.

2) NFL's new chief medical officer, Betsy Nabel, will make a presentation to the owners, in the wake of recent early retirements.

1) Expanded playoffs are on the agenda, but no vote planned. No one says it can't be voted thru in May. But chances are it's tabled til '16.

Full story on the LA situation is filed and going up on http://NFL.com shortly. Also on the agenda at the league's annual meeting...

... NFL dilemma: Best project run by the team (Rams) least qualified to move. League plans to visit OAK, SD, StL in April.

Big things on LA from last night: Plans for 2 (not 3) teams in SoCal in short term, to protect Chargers. Grubman will run LA discussion. ...

Adam Schefter
Roger Goodell just told NFL owners that Todd Jones, former Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms will soon join NFL as Special Counsel for Conduct, per a league source.
Jones is a former U.S. Attorney for Minnesota and was a Marine infantry officer.

Lisa Friel, a former New York District Attorney's office sex crimes prosecutor was also named NFL Special Counsel for Investigations.

According to a source, Goodell decided to split the role for NFL Conduct Czar. Jones will apply and administer the Personal Conduct Policy that applies to all NFL employees. Friel will professionalize the investigations process. Appointments followed through on a Goodell pledge to owners in December.

Last edited:
Kevin Clark ‏@KevinClarkWSJ
To be clear, this is a big deal. This is the NFL telling internet companies (facebok, youtube, google): "Our games are available NOW."

Bills-Jags will air on local tv in home markets. But the game, played in London, will be broadcast everywhere else by TBD digital site.

Hmm: Bills-Jags game in week 7 will be broadcast nationally only over a digital platform (youtube or someone else). First time in history.

Significantly more money available from internet companies than television networks.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
NFL clubs voted today for a one-year suspension of the long-standing blackout policy for the 2015 pre- and regular seasons.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
In 2010, there were 26 blackouts. Last season, there were none. That came after 2012 when the league eased restrictions for tickets sold.

Talk increases of moving extra points to the 1-yard line
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 23, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT

There’s increasing talk at the league meetings this week that the NFL may be ready for a significant rules change that would make two-point conversion attempts much more common.

The change is simple: Move extra points from the 2-yard line to the 1-yard line. That wouldn’t have any noticeable change on the success rate of extra point kicks (the difference to an NFL kicker between essentially a 19-yard field goal and a 20-yard field goal is nothing), but it would significantly change how often coaches go for two. From the 2-yard line, where extra points have been since 1994, two-point conversions are successful slightly less than half the time. But from the 1-yard line, two-point conversions would likely be successful more than half the time. That means that most of the time, going for two would have a better expected payoff than kicking the extra point.

There’s not currently a specific rules proposal regarding moving extra points to the 1-yard line, but Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenter this morning that there’s an undercurrent of movement toward making the change. And NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Peter King in today’s Monday Morning Quarterback that there’s a chance of such a change.

It’s unclear, however, how enthusiastic the owners are about making such a change. The league might experiment with having all extra points at the 1-yard line for the preseason, just to see how big a difference it makes. Then, if owners, coaches, players and fans like it, the move could be made for the regular season in 2016.
link

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Adam Schefter

Eliminate automatic byes? So we can't have 4 games every season against the Titans and Jags anymore?

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is some Federal bureau? I thought it was suppose to be a convenience store...

So after further, further, further, further, further, further, further review: Not a catch.

Dean Blandino says the NFL has clarified the catch rule, not changed it. Receiver needs to establish himself as a runner. Says Dez didn't.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Blandino: If a receiver doesn’t establish himself as a runner, he has to hold onto the ball through the ground.

On catch/no catch: Receiver needs control of both feet & has to have it long enough to clearly establish himself as a runner. New language

MarkMaske ‏@MarkMaske
Kraft said he believes there will be two teams in Los Angeles for the 2016 season.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

MarkMaske ‏@MarkMaske

So how the EFF does a guy "establish himself as a runner" when making a sideline catch.

please-us.gif
Roger, just admit that they hosed up the call and move on and stop Effin' with the rule language to cover the Eff-up. You're just making a bad situation worse.

But, that's kinda what you do isn't it?

So how the EFF does a guy "establish himself as a runner" when making a sideline catch.

please-us.gif
Roger, just admit that they hosed up the call and move on and stop Effin' with the rule language to cover the Eff-up. You're just making a bad situation worse.

But, that's kinda what you do isn't it?

This ain't Goodell. This is the competition committee and the owners.

For example, Goodell just came out today in opposition to the proposals for going to a system for OT where both teams get a possession. But it's under consideration.

This ain't Goodell. This is the competition committee and the owners.

For example, Goodell just came out today in opposition to the proposals for going to a system for OT where both teams get a possession. But it's under consideration.

I stand corrected. My vitriol (hey, I hadn't had my chance to throw that word around) is now redirected toward the competition committee. Speaking of those bozos, I just heard on Pardon the Interruption that they're considering holding the Pro Bowl in Brazil next year (or the year after). What are these guys smoking??

Speaking of those bozos, I just heard on Pardon the Interruption that they're considering holding the Pro Bowl in Brazil next year (or the year after). What are these guys smoking??

What's wrong with that? It's a game that doesn't count and they want to promote world interest. It'll sell out in minutes like the London games.

What's wrong with that? It's a game that doesn't count and they want to promote world interest. It'll sell out in minutes like the London games.

If you say so. I just think they like - make that LOVE - a totally different type of futbol down there.

Move the pro bowl back to Hawaii where it belongs.
:)

If you say so. I just think they like - make that LOVE - a totally different type of futbol down there.

Move the pro bowl back to Hawaii where it belongs.
:)

It'll sell out in a hurry just so folks can say they saw our brand of football.. and laugh at it... time outs and pads indeed

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista
John Mara said the proposal to change the length of the PAT will be tabled.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Teams have just unanimously approved the medical timeout based on medical observer communication to side judge #concussion

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Adding to what are illegal chop blocks, expanding scope of defenseless players on INTS, and eliminating a peel-back block

The owners approved a measure allowing for medical timeouts by spotters to tend to a distressed player. Safety measures were also passed...

NFL announces all team-proposed replay changes are rejected. NE's proposal on on-field cameras was tabled for further study...

foot-logo-nfl.png

Last edited:
The NFL is quibling about the cost of installing a couple of extra cameras in each stadium in order to deliver significantly improved replay decision accuracy. The owners for the most part are saying they can't afford it. They can't afford it???????:toropalm:

Belichick 'disappointed' NFL won't pay for extra cameras
March 24, 2015, 2:45 pm

Bill Belichick's proposed rule change to add cameras to the sidelines, end lines and end zones of NFL fields in order to give officials more viewpoints for replays has been tabled by the NFL's Competition Committee, according to the league's senior vice president of communications Greg Aiello.

That it has not been outright rejected is a minor victory for the proposal. Per Aiello, NFL teams have authorized the league to research the use of fixed cameras and stadium video in replay system. Part of that research, it would follow, would be the price of installing more cameras inside stadiums around the league.

When asked about the proposal on Tuesday morning at the AFC Coaches Breakfast, Belichick did not seem all that hopeful that it would pass. According to him, one of the barriers to its passage would be the amount of money it would cost.

"It’s disappointing every year we can’t afford that as a league," Belichick said. "They brought that up as a concern. It was kind of surprising to hear that."

At last year's breakfast, Belichick echoed a similar sentiment in more colorful terms: "We just spent however many millions of dollars on the replay system. I mean, there are 1,000 cameras in every stadium, so if somebody spills a beer on somebody, we have it on record, right? Maybe we could have a bake sale to raise some money for the cameras. We could do a car wash."

Patriots chairman and CEO Robert Kraft said on Monday that the NFL could afford anything that "supports the integrity or body of the game," though Giants owner John Mara, a member of the Competition Committee said he was "not optimistic" the proposal would go through.

Given Tuesday's ruling that the proposal would be tabled for further research, Belichick and the Patriots will have to wait a little bit longer before finding out if their idea will be adopted by the league.

The NFL is quibling about the cost of installing a couple of extra cameras in each stadium in order to deliver significantly improved replay decision accuracy. The owners for the most part are saying they can't afford it. They can't afford it???????:toropalm:

Bad reporting. I don't have the original statement but part of it was a question of technology compatible with all the stadiums. It's being researched not nixed.

Bad reporting. I don't have the original statement but part of it was a question of technology compatible with all the stadiums. It's being researched not nixed.

Well if the NFL is just trying to make all systems consistent and is figuring out how to make that happen, okay. But even so, they should already have a timeline with a target completion date.

...then again, Belichick might be butthurt they didn't ask him how to do this. I hear he might have had some experience in video recording technology.

Well if the NFL is just trying to make all systems consistent and is figuring out how to make that happen, okay. But even so, they should already have a timeline with a target completion date.

...then again, Belichick might be butthurt they didn't ask him how to do this. I hear he might have had some experience in video recording technology.

The technology already exists. An amazing Israeli 3-D camera technology has already been developed and tested here in the US during professional baseball, basketball and football games. The system has already been used at least during the 2013 NFL season on the giant video boards at the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium and also was shown during two NBC "Sunday Night Football" telecasts from the stadium in Arlington, Texas. It essentially brings the "Matrix" effect to NFL football.

FreeD technology puts a 360-degree spin on instant replays [Be sure to watch the video]

Here is the company's web site which has video examples of use in NFL football games.........it's truly unbelievable technology and would without a doubt revolutionize and totally validate NFL instant replay. Be sure to also click on the "how It Works" tab. FREE D TECHNOLOGY

Last edited:
The technology already exists. An amazing Israeli 3-D camera technology ...

Wasn't referring to the cameras. It's the interaction of the camera with the stadiums, broadcast security issues, etc.

The NFL is going to spend the money. So what if it waits one season?

At last year's breakfast, Belichick echoed a similar sentiment in more colorful terms: "We just spent however many millions of dollars on the replay system. I mean, there are 1,000 cameras in every stadium, so if somebody spills a beer on somebody, we have it on record, right? Maybe we could have a bake sale to raise some money for the cameras. We could do a car wash."
You may not like Belichick, but that's funny right there!

Because Belichick is the only head coach in the entire history of the NFL to ever spy on his opponents?

No, he's the only one that got caught in the modern 24 hour news cycle.

This type of subterfuge has been going on since the beginning of competition between men.

Wasn't referring to the cameras. It's the interaction of the camera with the stadiums, broadcast security issues, etc.

The NFL is going to spend the money. So what if it waits one season?

Why wait when you can avoid Dez Bryant situations. I think it's laughable that Mara says the NFL cant afford the new technology. Could it be that the new cameras would make it harder for the NFL to favor/rig games so the matchups the NFL wants in the playoffs happens?

Because Belichick is the only head coach in the entire history of the NFL to ever spy on his opponents?

This type of subterfuge has been going on since the beginning of competition between men.

I know that. I was just having fun a Belichick's expense.
Hell I remember how paranoid George Allen used to be about other teams spying on his practices. I remember folks saying that if Willie Mays ever got on base, he'd have the pitcher/catcher signs all figured out by the time a batter or two had come to the plate.

Naah this isn't new. I guess that's why it's amusing to me.

Mike Pereira just made a point on the cameras that I was oblivious to...

Networks have "A" games, "B" games, and "C" games. He said an "A" game can have upwards of 20 cameras on the field, while a "C" game may only have 7 cameras. I didn't realize there was such a disparity. Pereira said it was inherently unfair and the league's tabling of this one more year is unsupportable.

Pereira laughed that the owners were able to agree on the important new rule that players can't push their own players on punts, but still waffle on cameras.

Something else he's targeting is the legal chop block "type of blocking the Ravens do" where a defensive player is already engaged by a player and another offensive guy comes in on him. That's the foundation for Kubiak's, and other's, zone scheme no?

No, he's the only one that got caught in the modern 24 hour news cycle...
Belichick was nailed for taping Jets sidelines during game. Patriots weren't "convicted" of filming opposing team's practices before the Super Bowl. Accused, but no proof. Their cameramen probably were just setting up their video systems during Carolina practices.
whistle.gif

Networks have "A" games, "B" games, and "C" games. He said an "A" game can have upwards of 20 cameras on the field, while a "C" game may only have 7 cameras. I didn't realize there was such a disparity. Pereira said it was inherently unfair and the league's tabling of this one more year is unsupportable.

Pereira laughed that the owners were able to agree on the important new rule that players can't push their own players on punts, but still waffle on cameras.
Yep. It was always funny that MNF games could have almost every conceivable angle, but your average weekly game didn't. The first one to do it for most of their games as a whole was FOX a few years back.

Note who tweeted this/wording...

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
NFL owners have passed the rule proposal banning the use of ineligable receivers like the Patriots did in the AFC divisional playoffs.

laugh-1.gif

Brian McCarthy ‏@NFLprguy
#nfl annual meeting officially adjourned. @nflcommish and Rich McKay press conf coming up

Something else he's targeting is the legal chop block "type of blocking the Ravens do" where a defensive player is already engaged by a player and another offensive guy comes in on him. That's the foundation for Kubiak's, and other's, zone scheme no?

No. The zone scheme is built on CUT blocks. The classic use is on the backside of the play with a TE, OT or sometimes a FB going against the flow of the play throwing themselves down to cut the legs of the backside DE/OLB thereby opening up a cutback by the RB to the opposite direction of the flow of the play.

Watch the TE on the backside of this play although Foster doesn't cut back - Link

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Coaches would have choice to move ball to 1 1/2 yard line to go for 2 or kick from 15. Should pass in May.

Expect extra point to be changed at May meeting.

No vote on extra point change after 35 minute discussion. Alternatives coming to b voted on in May.

Owners voted down making sure each team gets a possession in overtime.

Belichick was nailed for taping Jets sidelines during game. Patriots weren't "convicted" of filming opposing team's practices before the Super Bowl. Accused, but no proof. Their cameramen probably were just setting up their video systems during Carolina practices.
whistle.gif

It was camera location, not substance filmed, that Belichick was "nailed" for.

Here [a 2009 article] is an extremely interesting very detailed historical look at this "cheating" (and attempts to maintain parity). As a funny aside, this piece points out that nothing is ever done for the common occurrence of players taking their playbooks to their new teams.......sometimes the only reason that a player is invited to join the team........many times very temporarily.........until his brain or his book is picked dry.

The Truth About Spygate: Punishing Success and Promoting Parity

Didn't know there were "B" games. I thought there were only "A" and "C". And before we got into playoff contention, the Texans were generally thought to be a "C" game. Population wise, we're a large mkt but not glamour mkt like NY or Boston and don't have the cross-generational loyalty (and therefore cross country appeal) like the Pack, Steelers, or the Bears. So I understood why. I didn't like it, but it made network sense.

Whatever Patriots coach Bill Belichick said last week in Arizona, it worked. The NFL will soon be taking a closer look at the use of fixed cameras during games, at the goal line and elsewhere.

Soon as in very soon. Albert Breer of NFL Media reports that the league will commence research and development on Monday regarding Belichick’s proposal to add more cameras.

Breer says that the league specifically is looking for “the right technology and then how to best integrate the cameras into the replay system that will work in all 31 stadiums.”

Link

Back