Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Playoffs 2023 season: Divisional Round

Are we really the only team that has never won a Divisional round playoff game?

Wow

Remember there are teams like the Cowboys and Jets that won their last Divisional playoff game before the internet was invented. And before there were 31 different teams to contend with.

Give the Texans 60 plus years of history and we will have stats like that too.

In fact, Stroud says hold my prayer book. He is gonna bust that stat this year.

Lamar can single handily wreck a week's worth of gameplan, there has been no gameplan to stop him this season he can do with it his arm, or his legs, and his arm has been more impressive than his legs, can't hold the playoff loses on him neither He had his ex- oc greg roman which was stale pass concepts, gotta match their physicality

Remember there are teams like the Cowboys and Jets that won their last Divisional playoff game before the internet was invented. And before there were 31 different teams to contend with.

Give the Texans 60 plus years of history and we will have stats like that too.

In fact, Stroud says hold my prayer book. He is gonna bust that stat this year.
Since the Texans inception just them, Miami, Cleveland, Dallas, Washington and Detroit haven't won a Divisional round game.
The Cowboys are 5-21 in the playoffs since winning their last SB. 21 teams have MORE wins. 21!!
Will never understand the knob slobbing on this mediocre team from Arlington.

I think our team has more than a pinchers chance this Saturday. If we are fortunate enough to get a turnover that HAS to be turned in to points!

The Cowboys are 5-21 in the playoffs since winning their last SB. 21 teams have MORE wins. 21!!

I think our team has more than a pinchers chance this Saturday. If we are fortunate enough to get a turnover that HAS to be turned in to points!

We also now have more playoff wins than the cowgirls since the Texans were created.

In the AFC, Seeds #5, 6 and 7 are out. So, our little team, at #4 seed, really was deserving of it. The Texans really are one of the top 4 teams in the AFC. Who'd of thunk that at the start of the year?

In the NFC, #2 seed Dallas is out and replaced by #7 seed Green Bay. #1, #3 and #4 are still alive.

So, one can conclude, unless you're Dallas, it pays to go for the highest seed you can get.... lol

In the AFC, Seeds #5, 6 and 7 are out. So, our little team, at #4 seed, really was deserving of it. The Texans really are one of the top 4 teams in the AFC. Who'd of thunk that at the start of the year?

In the NFC, #2 seed Dallas is out and replaced by #7 seed Green Bay. #1, #3 and #4 are still alive.

So, one can conclude, unless you're Dallas, it pays to go for the highest seed you can get.... lol
Shows that winning the division is important... unless you're Dallas

Are we really the only team that has never won a Divisional round playoff game?

Wow
Technically we are but neither have the new Browns. The Browns that did are now the Ravens. Since their inception in 1999 as an expansion team they have been to the playoffs 3 times and won 1 wildcard game. No matter how bad the Texans get we can always look down on the Browns.

Moneyline on the Texans and the Packers to win outright is roughly +350 each. A $10 two team parlay bet with those two would pay $192.50. If I was in Las Vegas, I would throw $10 at that.

Here's a parlay calculator. I like to fool around with "phantom betting" just to see how I would do.... You can learn things without losing real money....

I went to Las Vegas last year and placed a large bet (for me) on the Texan win total to go over 4½. Eheh, they couldn't do it. So many one score losses and a tie, very frustrating... Of course, this year they exploded on the over of 5½....

Yea it's amazing how resilient their popularity is: the Cowboys from an organizational perspective truly represent that old
Texas bromide about a phony baloney - "all hat and no cattle" the best of all.

I dunno but do individual NFL players whose teams make it to the Play-offs each get a bonus from the league or am I just imagining that ?

That FOX commercial was about as stupid as I've seen! Who was that?

Purdy has a passing resemblance to Lee Harvey Oswald.

Green Bay moving the ball, lead 3-0 with 1:08 left in the 1st qtr.

Purdy’s limitations are being exposed this year. There’s a reason why he was drafted where he was…the elite measureables are t there. Slow ass release.

I dunno but do individual NFL players whose teams make it to the Play-offs each get a bonus from the league or am I just imagining that ?
An inside look at playoff pay

Players are paid much differently in the playoffs than during the regular season. A majority of players take a sizable pay cut in the playoffs because their salaries have no bearing on what they make during the postseason. Playoff money comes from a league pool instead of from NFL teams. There is a specific amount for each playoff round where each eligible player gets paid the same.
Pay scale

Players will receive the following amounts for the 2023 season's playoffs:

Wild card round
Division winners: $50,500
Other wild card teams: $45,500
Wild card byes: $45,500

Divisional round: $50,500

Conference championship game: $73,000

Super Bowl
Winning team: $164,000
Losing team: $89,000

Wow, entertaining game. SF goes up 14-13 and GB takes the ensuing kickoff back about 80 yards, the dude fumbles but Wilson of the Packers recovers the ball.

A few plays later, Love hits Kraft for the TD. 2 pt conversion is good.

Green Bay 21, San Francisco 14

5:23 left in the 3rd qtr.

I came away from that game thinking maybe the "fixed" crowd is onto something. Too many key moments where the Packers were pathetically short. Up 7 in the 4th quarter and you're driving midfield and Love decides to throw way behind his WR for an interception. Chip shot FG to take a 7 point lead being missed. It was a really "wtf is going on here?" game to me.

Final:

San Francisco 24, Green Bay 21

Good effort by the Packers but a costly turnover ended their day....
Great game and San Fran lucky to come out there with the win, and the Packers QB really impressed me as I think he's definitely better than Purdy in spite of his late Pic.
Pack is really impressive - beat the snot out of Dallas in Arlington and nearly beats San Fran in their house too !

Tampa really move the ball well when they are pushing it/hurry up. We saw that when they played the Texans.

TD Bucs with 4:37 left in the game. 2 pt conversion is no good. Closer but running out of time.

Lions 31, Bucs 23

Back