Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Patriots Accuse Texans of Tampering

Based on what exactly? Timing and a contract clause is literally all that has been reported.

They don't exactly have a stellar track record on those. If we really "tampered", why back off? Why not push it and get compensation AND keep your guy? (I'm sure it couldn't have anything to do with whether that clause would really stand up to NFL scrutiny, or that other than the aforementioned clause, there's no tampering case at all.)

What is new Englands track record with making false tampering charges?

Dislike is certainly understandable, and I think most here dislike at least parts of what he has done over 5 years... but the absolute vitriolic hatred that you and a few others spew is something else

I don't understand why Texans fans are so docile. We're still just happy to have football in the city, no matter how much of a clown show it is

Yes, I believe this is why Gaine was fired.

A bad HC doesn't win 11 games in a season.

BOB may not be an elite HC, but he's not a bad HC.
While he may not be a bad HC, at this point he seems to be on the same level as Marvin Lewis. We're becoming the Bengals South instead of Patriots South. :thinking:

While he may not be a bad HC, at this point he seems to be on the same level as Marvin Lewis. We're becoming the Bengals South instead of Patriots South. :thinking:

I cant argue with this, except to say he was saddled with RS ineptness for 5 yrs.

Except 1 guy was on the job for 3 times as long, went 0-7 in the playoffs & the other somehow managed to get his team to the playoffs with Brian friggin Hoyer & win a playoff game with Brock friggin Osweiler.

I don't understand why Texans fans are so docile. We're still just happy to have football in the city, no matter how much of a clown show it is

True for some, untrue for most. Watch and listen what happens this year at home when the Texans are falling on their collective asses.

We have football in the city without the Texans... Cougars and Owls, and HS football is still king. The docile part is just your term for those not full of venom like you. Most understand it's just entertainment a few weeks of the year. Why do you get so worked up over something you have no control or power to influence?

We have football in the city without the Texans... Cougars and Owls, and HS football is still king. The docile part is just your term for those not full of venom like you. Most understand it's just entertainment a few weeks of the year. Why do you get so worked up over something you have no control or power to influence?

I find it hard to believe people who come to this message board see football as just entertainment like watching game of thrones

I'm sorry what would you like us to do? Form a picket line outside NGR or maybe toilet paper BoB and Cal's houses, oh I know lets all chip in and rent a large billboard about how much we hate the Texans. No thanks, I've got better uses of my time and money. But for the record I do express my displeasure the best way I can, I don't buy tickets to the games, I don't buy overpriced jerseys from a sweatshop in China and most of the times I don't watch full games and just catch the highlights. Hell the most I've come to spending money on the Texans is a T shirt on sale at Wal-Mart.

Also did you ever get the idea that maybe not as many people are as pissed as you are? This is a city of 4 million with many of them football fans, there 6.5k people on this board as members and most of them are lurkers or rarely visit. Hell even among the 50 or so of us that do post regularly we don't even agree yet you are acting like everyone agrees with you just are to scared to say anything. Finally to most people 3 divisions titles in the last 4 years, a franchise QB, a franchise WR and a HoF Defensive player that has pretty much become to Houston what Brady is to Boston or Elway to Denver all while being a pillar of the community is not a clown show.

You want to talk about NFL teams breaking their cities hearts go talk to Detroit or San Diego or now Oakland. Don't even get me started on Cleveland, that poor city has been kicked in the balls by their football teams so much the most success they have had was Kevin Costner in Draft Day.

I find it hard to believe people who come to this message board see football as just entertainment like watching game of thrones

That's all it is to me and not as entertaining as some other things I do and this MB is just a great way for me to kill time at work while waiting for the next computer to break down.

Reactions: JB
I'm sorry what would you like us to do? Form a picket line outside NGR or maybe toilet paper BoB and Cal's houses, oh I know lets all chip in and rent a large billboard about how much we hate the Texans. No thanks, I've got better uses of my time and money. But for the record I do express my displeasure the best way I can, I don't buy tickets to the games, I don't buy overpriced jerseys from a sweatshop in China and most of the times I don't watch full games and just catch the highlights. Hell the most I've come to spending money on the Texans is a T shirt on sale at Wal-Mart.

Also did you ever get the idea that maybe not as many people are as pissed as you are? This is a city of 4 million with many of them football fans, there 6.5k people on this board as members and most of them are lurkers or rarely visit. Hell even among the 50 or so of us that do post regularly we don't even agree yet you are acting like everyone agrees with you just are to scared to say anything. Finally to most people 3 divisions titles in the last 4 years, a franchise QB, a franchise WR and a HoF Defensive player that has pretty much become to Houston what Brady is to Boston or Elway to Denver all while being a pillar of the community is not a clown show.

You want to talk about NFL teams breaking their cities hearts go talk to Detroit or San Diego or now Oakland. Don't even get me started on Cleveland, that poor city has been kicked in the balls by their football teams so much the most success they have had was Kevin Costner in Draft Day.

Or perhaps we should have a few angry fans confront BoB/Cal at their houses like someone did back in 2014 with Matt Schaub.....b/c you know, that shows we're not "docile".

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9795996/nfl-eyes-fan-incident-home-matt-schaub-houston-texans

So, things in 2007 never happened in your universe, good to know.
From your "sourced stories" please expound on exactly how, in detail, the Texans tampered. I'll wait.

Jack easterby tried to recruit caserio at the ring ceremony

Jack easterby tried to recruit caserio at the ring ceremony
There were so many public and private cameras going at the ring ceremony, I don't buy that. If they tampered, it was email, text, or another engagement. This would be on TMZ if there was video of tampering at the ring ceremony

There were so many public and private cameras going at the ring ceremony, I don't buy that. If they tampered, it was email, text, or another engagement. This would be on TMZ if there was video of tampering at the ring ceremony

Tweet from @ProFootballTalk: Evidence of potential tampering come from photos, videos, other proof of interactions between Texans exec @JackEasterby and Caserio at last Thursday's Patriots ring ceremony, which happened the night before the Houston G.M. job became vacant.

Could have been through text or through their agent as well.

Now that the Texans backed off so they don't lose a pick, we won't know

Tweet from @ProFootballTalk: Evidence of potential tampering come from photos, videos, other proof of interactions between Texans exec @JackEasterby and Caserio at last Thursday's Patriots ring ceremony, which happened the night before the Houston G.M. job became vacant.

Key word is potential... and two long time friends not allowed to interact? There would have do be audible evidence of wrongdoing

"Potential tampering" isn't tampering. That's like potentially getting laid. Till it happens, it's only "potential"

AUDIO: M&C – Ben Volin doubles down on his Nick Caserio report 6-19-19 https://t.co/mteyRdLeey

— WEEI (@WEEI) June 19, 2019

"I stand by everything that’s written there, it’s all 100% true, Nick wanted to leave the Patriots and go to Houston. He wants to be a GM, he wants the responsibility and the money that goes with it. And it’s not just now, this is the second time Houston has tried to interview him." "He has wanted out" for a while now. "The Krafts have until January to convince him to stay."

Yes, I believe this is why Gaine was fired.

A bad HC doesn't win 11 games in a season.

BOB may not be an elite HC, but he's not a bad HC.

I'm an HR Manager and I can tell you with certainty that if you have a situation like you are presenting - a non-job performance situation that results in a for-cause termination (especially one related to any form of discrimination) - you don't give the terminated employee all of their salary for the next 3.5 years.

AUDIO: M&C – Ben Volin doubles down on his Nick Caserio report 6-19-19 https://t.co/mteyRdLeey

— WEEI (@WEEI) June 19, 2019

"I stand by everything that’s written there, it’s all 100% true, Nick wanted to leave the Patriots and go to Houston. He wants to be a GM, he wants the responsibility and the money that goes with it. And it’s not just now, this is the second time Houston has tried to interview him." "He has wanted out" for a while now. "The Krafts have until January to convince him to stay."

He's standing by his own opinion.

Again, no sources.

Then he would have said he had a source

If u actually listen to his interview on Boston radio he actually does speak on “conversations” he had since the column came out and those convos with folks in the know about all this are partly why he doubled down on his report.

If u actually listen to his interview on Boston radio he actually does speak on “conversations” he had since the column came out and those convos with folks in the know about all this are partly why he doubled down on his report.

That sounds more like he based his opinion on talking to people, but no one actually said Caserio wanted to leave.

Don't believe it's unusual,certainly not unheard of, to decipher the contents of a conversation between two individuals captured on a video recording ?

That sounds more like he based his opinion on talking to people, but no one actually said Caserio wanted to leave.

Yeah...no. You don’t double down on something like this without being certain of what you’re saying....his source in all likelihood is the agent. The fact that he didn’t actually say he has a source just tells me he’s trying to protect the agent as his source.

Yeah...no. You don’t double down on something like this without being certain of what you’re saying....his source in all likelihood is the agent. The fact that he didn’t actually say he has a source just tells me he’s trying to protect the agent as his source.

You protect a source by not revealing who the source is, not by saying you have an opinion

You protect a source by not revealing who the source is, not by saying you have an opinion
FFS, your "quoted source" earlier was a tweet from PFT that named nobody as a source. You took it as gospel, but not this...wonder why that is. To make it even funnier, PFT is the one running repeatedly with Volin's story.

So, which sources do you "trust" exactly?

FFS, your "quoted source" earlier was a tweet from PFT that named nobody as a source. You took it as gospel, but not this...wonder why that is. To make it even funnier, PFT is the one running repeatedly with Volin's story.

So, which sources do you "trust" exactly?

That's true, the only real source for the tampering is that the Patriots filed a tampering charge.

You’ve backed yourself into a corner with your ridiculous conjecture. You don’t always need an actual name to know who the source is. Again, if you bothered to listen to his interview on the Boston sports radio show, those guys put it together. Volin is citing specific details about Cesario’s contract in his story/report...whatever you want to call it. The Boston sports radio guys were quick to point out that none of the media there know any details about any of the Pats coaches contracts...& they never have b/c Belichick and co. typically don’t reveal that stuff. The only people that would? Kraft, Beli, Cesario....and Cesario’s agent.

Cesario could be his source, but it’s too risky for him so it’s more likely that Cesario’s agent....who is also Easterby’s, is feeding Volin.

Last edited:
I'm an HR Manager and I can tell you with certainty that if you have a situation like you are presenting - a non-job performance situation that results in a for-cause termination (especially one related to any form of discrimination) - you don't give the terminated employee all of their salary for the next 3.5 years.

You're talking about Cltus and you have to remember he has no balls.

Daddy got busted for the inmates at the asylum comment. (I supported McNair) Then Cal becomes ownwer and his first crisis is his GM being accused of being a racist. He cut bait as fast as he could and Easterby probably told him Caserio wanted to be the GM of the Texans and Cal said the GM position was an upgrade from the position Caserio had in Foxboro so lets bring in Caserio to be GM. Problem with that is Belichick is a witch and drew up a contract Caserio couldn't get out of. I believe Caserio would be GM right now f Cal would've 1. Gave Blichichk a 1st rd pick. 2. Had balls enough to let God'ell decide what the price of tampering would be if they tampered at all. It really comes down to how bad do you want Caserio to be GM and Cal's ownership nut have yet to drop.

Back