Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Old members who have popped up back on the boards…

A proven quitter. No nads. No conviction. Roll with the flow and let circumstances rule your life.

I went away for years, and over time started to read and post again here. I stop posting for several reasons, including going through many hardships in my personal life. So what does that make me?

And how are you allowed to personally attack this poster?

Nice to see you reveal your true character here, sounds a lot like toxic masculinity. I'll stop here before I cross the line and tell you what I really think.

Back to the topic at hand, I miss seeing a lot of the old timers post here, I have been around since nearly the beginning. I met A LOT of people here on the MB in real life. A big chunk Blue Crew members, some that ran tailgates in the Yellow Lot. Great group of people. I miss Texan Bill, may he rest in peace. His passing caught me by surprise, I often think about him when posting here.

Last edited:
Which was number one for you, the jersey situation or the potato chips scam?
I don’t remember the potato chip scam, what happened? I’ll have to say the jerseys since the response was so great, then he went ghost.

I created an account here back in 2004 when i was a college freshman. Ive posted off and on since then and have seen a lot of people come and go.

Theres already been mentions of people that i liked but just to name a few others i liked reading posts from: runner, jerek, kaiser, illinijen, dreadhead, Bill (rip), morknoll, mexicantexan, TexansSeminole, PapaL, eriadoc, gtexan

Tons of good personalities throughout rhe years.
I remember them all sin I am an old timer, lol David Carrs’s brother called me that in one of his promos about Derek. RIP Texans Bill, Joe Texan and there were two Titan fans one male and one female. I still communicate with Dreadhead on FB.

I went away for years, and over time started to read and post again here. I stop posting for several reasons, including going through many hardships in my personal life. So what does that make me?

Nice to see you reveal your true character here, sounds a lot like toxic masculinity. I'll stop here before I cross the line and tell you what I really think.

Back to the topic at hand, I miss seeing a lot of the old timers post here, I have been around since nearly the beginning. I met A LOT of people here on the MB in real life. A big chunk Blue Crew members, some that ran tailgates in the Yellow Lot. Great group of people. I miss Texan Bill, may he rest in peace. His passing caught me by surprise, I often think about him when posting here.
I still have a magnet I received from you years ago on my Texans memorabilia shelf.

I don’t remember the potato chip scam, what happened? I’ll have to say the jerseys since the response was so great, then he went ghost.
A poster [his cousin (?) defended his fraud] bragged about making a fake claim against well known national company that caused company to give poster a year of free chips. As I understand, he did go to prison not sure if for that and IIRC incarcerated in Texas? They were Chicago Boys.
He and cousin were amazed that no one thought he was smart but rather is a thief. Hilariously, he kept bringing their aunt or grandmother into conversation.

You can find in non-sports section, unless it was taken down. Humorous in an odd way.

I appreciate the mentions in missed posters above. I did kind of leave without saying anything, but it has a lot more to do with the combination of Texans not being worth watching (I didn't really watch any games from about 2019-22) and starting a family. My son is about to turn 5 in a few weeks, daughter turns 3 in April, and they are the main focus of mine and my wife's time and efforts! All that, plus Covid, plus moving from Rice Military to the burbs, and dealing with all the other stuff that comes with being new parents with jobs is a lot of work. Not watching sports in general is an easy thing to drop when you need to focus on other needs. Anyways, I'll pop in more often now that the team is interesting, and has a coach that isn't a placeholder.

Hope all is well with you guys, and I echo a lot of the sentiments upthread, there are a lot of other posters that made this place great during the Kubiak years. Hopefully they also come back now that the team is worth watching again :D

Here's a recent picture of me and the kids from when we did a family photoshoot in Galveston! I'll get them some Texans gear eventually... :bubble:
Beach1.jpg

I’m enjoying the influx of old fans. I’m one of those myself. While I checked the boards here and there… I didn’t post for a very long time.

Anyway… who are those that you miss from the old days and who do you hope we see again?

I hope InfantryCak comes back one day. He was a real life friend. I miss him!

Another was RedZone but he didn’t like football so he won’t be coming back for sure. NSZ isn’t here anymore. BTW… what’s up with that silliness? It was a great place to chat with members.

Another was Blazing Arrow… may he rest in peace. Best and coolest troll ever. I sure wish I could watch a game with him.

I miss Bill. :-(

I remember them all sin I am an old timer, lol David Carrs’s brother called me that in one of his promos about Derek. RIP Texans Bill, Joe Texan and there were two Titan fans one male and one female. I still communicate with Dreadhead on FB.

I disappeared because in 2021 I was diagnosed with cancer, my then GF died, a week later my died died and then I sank into a deep depression. I miss Texan-Bill. There I said it. :-(

I appreciate the mentions in missed posters above. I did kind of leave without saying anything, but it has a lot more to do with the combination of Texans not being worth watching (I didn't really watch any games from about 2019-22) and starting a family. My son is about to turn 5 in a few weeks, daughter turns 3 in April, and they are the main focus of mine and my wife's time and efforts! All that, plus Covid, plus moving from Rice Military to the burbs, and dealing with all the other stuff that comes with being new parents with jobs is a lot of work. Not watching sports in general is an easy thing to drop when you need to focus on other needs. Anyways, I'll pop in more often now that the team is interesting, and has a coach that isn't a placeholder.

Hope all is well with you guys, and I echo a lot of the sentiments upthread, there are a lot of other posters that made this place great during the Kubiak years. Hopefully they also come back now that the team is worth watching again :D

Here's a recent picture of me and the kids from when we did a family photoshoot in Galveston! I'll get them some Texans gear eventually... :bubble:
View attachment 13395
It’s good to put a face on the name. Hope your family is well @Dutchrudder

I disappeared because in 2021 I was diagnosed with cancer, my then GF died, a week later my died died and then I sank into a deep depression. I miss Texan-Bill. There I said it. :-(

Bless you. My 2021 had similar nastiness, so I understand too well. I hope that all is better.

Glad to see you both doing better.

This is a message to us all that we never know what a person is battling and to treat each other with compassion and kindness.

He's been fighting cancer. Had a tumor in his brain that a brilliant neurologist found, then started chemo. He's still running a charitible foundation. Salt of the earth that guy.
Oh man! Thanks for the update as I did not know he had cancer. Gary knew I was a man of faith and he requested that I pray for his health and well-being. I will continue to do so. I remember him being stunned when I said once that he was a person that I looked up to because of his endeaverence and love of life especially basketball.

I am glad that you are back and hope you are doing much better in all of these things. Life has a tendency sometimes to kick us in the
teeth. I am the type that wants to bite death's foot and chew. 🤬

View attachment 13395
Beautiful family, Dutch. Thanks for sharing.

I’m going through something similar right now. Mind if I message you?

View attachment 13395
Beautiful kids man, you and your wife are very fortunate! Blessings to you and your family and I hope you enjoy this next Texan season.

Try reading the post I was responding to before you respond. My post had NOTHING to do with posters leaving for moves, transfers, illnesses,etc. For the last couple of years most of these threads were unreadable due to the constant bitching, whining, and negativity directed at “koolaid sippers” who just wanted to be fans on a fan forum. After having to wade through that crap if someone quit out of anger but now wants to jump back onboard when things are good my statement stands. My post by the way was good natured ragging at any of those making life miserable on this board before quitting then slinking back and wasn’t directed at any particular poster. Your post corresponds to an entirely different poster population.

Back