Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Old members who have popped up back on the boards…

A proven quitter. No nads. No conviction. Roll with the flow and let circumstances rule your life.

I've been on these boards for almost 20 years, met a handful of posters at the blue crew a couple times in the early years, but read daily and rarely post. So I'll play - what am I?

Sports are entertainment unless you play them for a living or own a team. When it gets less entertaining I pay less attention. But hell, in the last 20 years I've raised a family, started a long career, quit that career and put my life savings at risk to start a business that has been successful, spent time traveling with friends and family, caught some fish from coast to coast... but really I'm glad you have the nads and conviction to watch football on sundays. Kudos.

Whats that Lincoln quote about remaining silent?

I’m enjoying the influx of old fans. I’m one of those myself. While I checked the boards here and there… I didn’t post for a very long time.

Anyway… who are those that you miss from the old days and who do you hope we see again?

I hope InfantryCak comes back one day. He was a real life friend. I miss him!

Another was RedZone but he didn’t like football so he won’t be coming back for sure. NSZ isn’t here anymore. BTW… what’s up with that silliness? It was a great place to chat with members.

Another was Blazing Arrow… may he rest in peace. Best and coolest troll ever. I sure wish I could watch a game with him.
Imagine the inflow if we do make it into the playoffs and win a game ...

Anyway… who are those that you miss from the old days and who do you hope we see again?

I hope InfantryCak comes back one day. He was a real life friend. I miss him!
So many posters have gone. Like cak. Vinny. Many just lost interest or found better things to do. Some, I worry about. Bulls on Parade was such a huge Houston sports fan, I didn't see him just leaving unannounced.

The was an executive decision that was widely agreed upon. It's a football site, first and foremost.
Yeah I always knew that. Just liked the NSZ from time to time. I wasn’t here during the NSZ fiascos so I don’t know what happened. I’m sure it was bad though. Everything out there in the world went bad… especially during COVID. It’s nice to have football to keep us sane.

Dexman C….the only guy who could out-Steelb Steelb :mcclain:

I liked that guy and miss him, even though we were polar opposites I enjoyed debating with him. I realize why the NSZ went away and generally think that was the right thing to do. But I miss some of those guys. Red Zone and Dex debating thing was a classic.

Yeah I always knew that. Just liked the NSZ from time to time. I wasn’t here during the NSZ fiascos so I don’t know what happened. I’m sure it was bad though. Everything out there in the world went bad… especially during COVID. It’s nice to have football to keep us sane.
there were NSZ fiascos? I was away for a while, dealing with life.

Cak kinda ruined the NSZ.

Then he left the MB.

Cak kinda ruined the NSZ.

Then he left the MB.

I had something to say but I deleted it before hitting the post button.

Sometimes it's just better to stfu ....

I think the thing to say that is closer to the truth is we all let the negative attitudes towards each other’s beliefs or disagreements in the NSZ spill over into the football part of the board.

We all hold some responsibility.

It was smart to shut down the NSZ.

Everyone seems to have a better attitude even though we still bicker like children from time to time.

And - as much as we love to complain about mods - the mods are better too. I think that alone is the biggest improvement that isn’t talked about enough compared to how it was back then.

when I first starting posting here in '06 I was a kid. there's a lot of posters I miss. wanted to tailgate but didn't live in Houston anymore...translation I had no money and couldn't go to games lol.

only been to away Texans games but going to my first at NRG this December (no way I was spending money to go to a home game for the 3 seasons prior...shout out easterbunny) against the Titans for my Dad's birthday. This will be his first NFL game (and he loved the Oilers). Maybe I'll run into some of yall when we do our tailgate crawl (blue lot)

Gary posts under some other name on occasion and sounds nothing like he did in his youth.

Edit: This is what I was told a few years back...fwiw.
I did not know Gary had changed his name. It would be cool if he could come in and give us an update on what is going on with him recently. I know he was in college at one point.

Which was number one for you, the jersey situation or the potato chips scam?
SW had so many incredible stories, but during that time, I enjoyed playin poker and kept up with the various tournaments. Even though $10k is a lot of money, I just thought it a bit odd that he claimed to be so great at the game to win a buy in and sell instead of going for the $12 or so million

Reactions: JB
I was away for a while but started lurking again last year. NSZ was one of the things that drove me away because it did spill into football talk. Actually, I was kind of surprised the site was still up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SW had so many incredible stories, but during that time, I enjoyed playin poker and kept up with the various tournaments. Even though $10k is a lot of money, I just thought it a bit odd that he claimed to be so great at the game to win a buy in and sell instead of going for the $12 or so million
He was an interesting if slightly different character and I took him and his fiance at that time to a barbecue place for lunch.

Gary posts under some other name on occasion and sounds nothing like he did in his youth.

Edit: This is what I was told a few years back...fwiw.
Gary is doing just fine. He’s still fighting hard for access and equality. Sometimes it borderlines overkill but I cannot help but tip my hat to that young man. He’s a good apple.

Not sure what you meant by the “sounds nothing like he did in his youth”. I would -expect- him to sound different. People grow up, sir. Especially kids who join the board when they are barely 10 years old.

Gary is doing just fine. He’s still fighting hard for access and equality. Sometimes it borderlines overkill but I cannot help but tip my hat to that young man. He’s a good apple.

Not sure what you meant by the “sounds nothing like he did in his youth”. I would -expect- him to sound different. People grow up, sir. Especially kids who join the board when they are barely 10 years old.

I think this is exactly what I meant and did not say well.

One of my favorite members from back in the day was @Showtime100. I used to run the fantasy baseball league on this site with him. He hasn't been on here since 2018.
Showtime is definitely missed. He was a friend and super nice to me also… even though I don’t think I ever met him in real life. I may have once though. I’ve met lots of y’all at Blue Crew. lol.

I created an account here back in 2004 when i was a college freshman. Ive posted off and on since then and have seen a lot of people come and go.

Theres already been mentions of people that i liked but just to name a few others i liked reading posts from: runner, jerek, kaiser, illinijen, dreadhead, Bill (rip), morknoll, mexicantexan, TexansSeminole, PapaL, eriadoc, gtexan

Tons of good personalities throughout rhe years.

One of my favorite members from back in the day was @Showtime100. I used to run the fantasy baseball league on this site with him. He hasn't been on here since 2018.
Showtime is definitely missed. He was a friend and super nice to me also… even though I don’t think I ever met him in real life. I may have once though. I’ve met lots of y’all at Blue Crew. lol.
I think he got caught up in the NSZ wars and took his ball and went home. A pretty caustic guy after dark, as I remember him.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
I'm actually one of the ones that actually got their jerseys so I didn't know there was a problem until after
Honestly, the biggest problem is the way he handled it. Back in the day this board was like a family. I mean I got advice on getting an attorney, buying engagement ring, surgery advice from CND, buying a house and announced my the birth of my kid here first. When he pulled that stunt, I was just as upset about the way he treated everyone. I mean everyone showed up and was free to eat (but everyone always contributed as far as I know). It wasn't the $40 that bothered me it was just the way it drug out.

Tbt I miss Cak, SheTexan and Joe Texan. Don't get me wrong I've been a fan since day 1 but I came to the games for the people on here as much as anything.

Back