Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Wild Card Playoff Game-Day Thread** Raiders at Texans, Saturday Jan 7, 2017!!

Game highlights. I noticed something funny at 1:23, which is a top view of Lamar Miller's TD run. The way he held the ball out to celebrate before entering the EZ, the ball may not have broken the plane.

Game highlights. I noticed something funny at 1:23, which is a top view of Lamar Miller's TD run. The way he held the ball out to celebrate before entering the EZ, the ball may not have broken the plane.

Those yardage marks are 2' wide (plus a couple of inches between the mark and the sideline) and he is well to the right of them entering at an angle. Miller has short arms at 31 3/8" (yes, I googled) so thinking worst case it went over the top of the pylon, which is still a TD. Aren't all scoring plays reviewed anyways? Surely they would have caught that. Or just gave it to him because it was obvious that he was going to score?

Those yardage marks are 2' wide (plus a couple of inches between the mark and the sideline) and he is well to the right of them entering at an angle. Miller has short arms at 31 3/8" (yes, I googled) so thinking worst case it went over the top of the pylon, which is still a TD. Aren't all scoring plays reviewed anyways? Surely they would have caught that. Or just gave it to him because it was obvious that he was going to score?

He likely got it in, but he needs to be mindful of that. I'm not a fan of celebrating before scoring. Leave nothing to chance.

The goal line extends around the planet.

The thing to worry about there is that someone could have come from behind & smacked it out his hand. But... that didn't happen.

Why does it take so long for teams to go no huddle?[/QUOT OKEGood question
in case you missed the entire season, it has been demonstrated that coach, does not trust that QB, in this football season. the ball has been taken out of the QBs hands over and over. Nothing for me over analyze or get mad about this point. See next September for an offense that is going run much differently.
If Osweiler is used to his strengths many of you will be eating crow. If not than the pasting we will suffer will fall squarely on BO'bs shoulders.

Do y'all remember when Amari Cooper ran the end around?

Clowney bulled his way past a RB who tried to pick him up, then ran Cooper down from the backside. Jjo, who was already on that end, forced Cooper out of bounds for a loss, but had he not, Clowney was going to light him up.

I thought it was another display of his great athleticism.

Code:
Rule 11 Scoring

Section 2 Touchdown

TOUCHDOWN PLAYS

Article 1 Touchdown Plays. A touchdown is scored when:

(a)  the ball is on, above, or behind the plane of the opponents’ goal line and is in possession of a runner who has advanced from the field of play; or

(b)  a ball in possession of an airborne runner is on, above, or behind the plane of the goal line, and some  part of the ball passed over or inside the pylon; or

The way I understand this is that over/inside the pylon only matters if the player is airborne.

Back