**Official Wild Card Playoff Game-Day Thread** Raiders at Texans, Saturday Jan 7, 2017!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TejasTom, Jan 7, 2017.

1. TejasTom

TejasTom Site Contributor

[​IMG]

Saturday, January 7, 2017 • 3:35 PM CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas

ESPN/ABC: Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden
    Westwood One National Radio: Ian Eagle, Trent Green, Laura Okmin
    SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM): Marc Vandermeer, Andre Ware, John Harris

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Ron Torbert (Not his regular crew. They mix and match for the playoffs)

Uniform Combination: Deep Steel Blue Jerseys/Liberty White Pants

Weather: [​IMG] 44° F Clear Full Weather: Link

Know where you are parking
    [​IMG]

Hashtag: #OAKvsHOU

A Win Against Oakland Would:
    • Improve Houston’s all-time postseason record to 3-3 and give the team its first playoff win since 2012
    • Improve the Texans’ postseason record at home to 3-1
    • Improve Head Coach Bill O’Brien’s postseason record to 1-1

Under Head Coach Bill O’Brien (2014-16), the Texans are 18-0 when leading at halftime of a game. Houston is the only team in the NFL since 2014 that has not given up a halftime lead.

The Texans finished the 2016 regular season with only 87 penalties accepted against them, which was the lowest total in the NFL. Houston had 107 total penalties called, which ranked third in the league.

Go Texans! Go Dolphins!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Been up since 6am. Can't go back to sleep because too excited for this game! Let's go Texans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thunderkyss likes this.
  3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Gotta be honest, I'm a heck of a lot more concerned about why a PC game I'm playing isn't connecting to it's online services than this playoff game today. Win or lose, it won't change the fact that the Texans are stuck in a hole and can't get out. Good defense, horrific putrid unwatchable offense a high school team could stop.

I feel the negativity surround me, envelope me, and make me not care what happens today. But I'll be watching anyway, if for no other reason than to make even more negative posts like this one. :lol:

NastyNate, Sigma, PapaL and 1 other person like this.
  4. Texansphan

Texansphan Veteran

I actually feel pretty good about this one.
    We don't need a stellar offense against Raiders - Brock only has to replicate last week's performance and we win this one handily.
    Texans play well at home and surely they can't get that many bad spots as in Mexico City. I also doubt Connor Cook can cook up two late game winning drives.
    Next week however, we WILL need a stellar performance from our O if we are to have any chance against Pats.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

It doesn't matter if they win today or not, they won't win the next one whether it's against the Pats or whomever. Hoping the Texans pull a rabbit out of a hat and make it to the super bowl in a year they host it, well, that dream has already come and gone.

I want to cheer for the Texans, but because of their antics from the front office to the playing field, my give-ah-shitter barely registers anything on the Texans.

TheMatrix31 and 76Texan like this.
  6. Texansphan

Texansphan Veteran

C'mon mayne! It's not every season our boys make it to the PO's!
    At least we have a chance to savour a PO win today.

dream_team likes this.
  7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Oh, don't take me wrong, I'd always rather them win than lose. When everyone wanted them to tank during that 2-14 season, I wanted them to win and screw the draft pick. But it doesn't change the fact this team, baring a miraculous history changing god sent rejuvenated assheimer who actually completes more than two passes for 10 yards or more in one game, it's gonna be the same old ****. Which doesn't mean we won't win, we've seen a few games this year where quite literally the other guys just handed us a win, sometimes laughably.

76Texan likes this.
  8. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade James Harden MVP!

Brock Osweiler should motivate everybody during pregame and pull out his super Bowl 50 championship ring from last year and say, "This is what it's all about and it starts today!"

We're four wins away from being where we want to be: Super Bowl 51 Champions! And the wild-card game and Super Bowl (1st and 4th game) would be at NRG Stadium. We'd likely have to win at Foxborough and Pittsburgh in between. But we have to win today's game first.

Nothing great in life can happen without first believing in it.

thunderkyss likes this.
  9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Crue

I want to see our defense t-off on Connor Cook.

If we see 5+ sacks, we get 3 turnovers, & score TDs on all three, I'm going to believe we have a chance at Foxboro.

I know it doesn't work that way, but that's where I'm at. A strong, dominant defensive performance will fill me with hope.

10. NOSMIRG

NOSMIRG Rookie

what time does the talegate start im already drinking bloody maries

?

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Crue

12. MeatBear77

MeatBear77 Rookie

PapaL, 76Texan and thunderkyss like this.
  13. Texansphan

Texansphan Veteran

This team historically starts slow and conservative - they try not to lose the game early. How did that go last week?
    I hope O'Brien grows some balls this game and tries to blow it open in the first half rather than trying not to lose it.
    That won't work against teams like KC, Steelers or Patriots and Osweiler has shown he performs better uptempo.
    Only a fool would not try to take advantage of that to give your failing QB every chance.

14. Texansphan

Texansphan Veteran

Oh I think Crennel will bring hell against that poor kid.
    They have a great oline, but I believe they lost their LT - that could disrupt their cohesion.
    Regardless, RAC will have some plays to confuse and terrorize the rookie.

15. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Not just their LT. Their pro bowl LG Osemele is banged up with a knee injury sustained end of last game and will be less than 100%. Add a new LT beside him for the first time all season and a 3rd string rookie QB that hasn't had substantial reps in practice since preseason... this Oline is ripe for the picking by our defense.

76Texan and Texansphan like this.
  16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

17. CloakNNNdagger

If our D front 7 don't annihilate Cook, it will be proof that #1 Defense is only a paper tiger...a play on numbers. We are labelled #1 because of yds given up. The true #1 is a D that gives up the least points like the Pats (#1, vs the Texans #11). We've only had 17 takeaways for the entire season (#27) and we have only had 1 defensive TD all year. People have to take our overhyped #1 D status and place it in realistic perspective.

18. CloakNNNdagger

thunderkyss likes this.
  19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Crue

I agree #1 in points allowed is more conducive to winning, but the NFL has been using yards allowed for ever.

Our defense is far from a paper tiger.

However, 301 yards allowed had got to be high for a #1 ranked defense.

20. CloakNNNdagger