Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official 3/4 Assed Game Day Thread for a 3/4 Assed Team - Saints @ Texans

He's our starting QB, because he knows the damn offense and wasn't sitting on his couch a couple of weeks ago.. it still doesn't mean he isnt limited... just like Yates is.. which limits Obriens playbook with both.. so why ***** when it's obvious he can't open it up regardless who's running it?

Knows the offense ? It appears OB has kept it simple for him IMO, Fitz last season ran it great. Hoyer not so much IMO. I'm just thankful our D is playing lights out.

This is the team that those of us "blind homers" thought we would see. The offense isn't a juggernaut, we knew that. The defense had to be a top 5 defense and they are playing like it right now.

Mike

The stage is set for a homer take over. The Debbie Downers have been constantly losing steam each week. Viva la revolución!

This week we will all be primed and ready for the last of the Debbie Downers to make their failing points. It will be a struggle for the heart and soul of fandom. Who shall win this meaningless contest we hold so dear? And the fence sitters are down 10 points.

Knows the offense ? It appears OB has kept it simple for him IMO, Fitz last season ran it great. Hoyer not so much IMO. I'm just thankful our D is playing lights out.
IMO, Hoyer has looked much better than Fitz to me. Also keep in mind Hoyer didn't get to play with Foster to make things easier for him.

Good win. Good defense today. Bad offense and play calling. Still have no QB, no RB, and a suspect OL.

Clowney can be traded any day and I don't mind. He doesn't try. Definition of curls for the girls.

Damn boys, we got ourselves a football team. Color me impressed with the progress the Texans have made after a disastrous start to the season.
Our defense did their job. But our pathetic offense beat a team with one of the worst defenses in the league. Don't start printing those championship shirts just yet.

There's a difference between knowing the offense and being able to run it fully, it's that simple.. O BRIEN has had to change the same offense to fit each QBs strengths which is why he didn't ask Hoyer to fire the ball down the field deep from his own side of the field when he failed on first down at the end of the half.. that wasn't being conservative.. it was knowing your personal and the situation..

You said he opened up the playbook more with Yates.. how, by integrating a wildcat offense? That was a desperate move to help throw a defense off, because he never ran it before and they never saw it .. which in turn helped a QB who lacked experience in the system he was running and helped take pressure off of him

O.B. probably only had a hand full of plays T.J. was comfortable with and ran them.. I'll give you he's more aggressive, because he can throw the deeper ball better (or at least that's what he's comfortable with), but that doesn't mean OB opened up the playbook for him..

He's only coaching the guys that he has and is constructing game plans to fit each one individually.. we won't see him actually "open up his playbook" until we find a guy who can do what all do well... because in know way shape or form was even what Fitzgerald did was fully running the system.. he had just as much short comings as the rest.. he just has more experience.

There's a difference between knowing the offense and being able to run it fully, it's that simple.. O BRIEN has had to change the same offense to fit each QBs strengths which is why he didn't ask Hoyer to fire the ball down the field deep from his own side of the field when he failed on first down at the end of the half.. that wasn't being conservative.. it was knowing your personal and the situation..

You said he opened up the playbook more with Yates.. how, by integrating a wildcat offense? That was a desperate move to help throw a defense off, because he never ran it before and they never saw it .. which in turn helped a QB who lacked experience in the system he was running and helped take pressure off of him

O.B. probably only had a hand full of plays T.J. was comfortable with and ran them.. I'll give you he's more aggressive, because he can throw the deeper ball better (or at least that's what he's comfortable with), but that doesn't mean OB opened up the playbook for him..

He's only coaching the guys that he has and is constructing game plans to fit each one individually.. we won't see him actually "open up his playbook" until we find a guy who can do what all do well... because in know way shape or form was even what Fitzgerald did was fully running the system.. he had just as much short comings as the rest.. he just has more experience.

We used the wildcat today....Maybe it was just Yates willingness to look deep often.

And as far as OBriens system goes.. regardless of Hoyers obvious limitations which caused OB to do what he did before the half.. this was the first time I really saw a semblance of OBrien's system.. we actually had a running game and TEs.. didn't even get that with Fitzgerald. Never mind all the calls he was able to make at the line presnap.. is Hoyer our answer, hell no.. but I can't wait until OB finds his

The stage is set for a homer take over. The Debbie Downers have been constantly losing steam each week. Viva la revolución!

This week we will all be primed and ready for the last of the Debbie Downers to make their failing points. It will be a struggle for the heart and soul of fandom. Who shall win this meaningless contest we hold so dear? And the fence sitters are down 10 points.

Don't worry, the Kubiak fanatics will find some sort of reason to **** on OB for not scoring 40 or something like that. They'll never be satisfied with anything he does as a HC because he replaced their failure here. Until we get a new HC after OB, then the slate will be clean enough to give the HC a chance.

Either way, its nice to see the Texans turning their season around and showing us the defense that many of us expected from the beginning. Its a shame that OB wasn't able to get it going from the start though.

Look people. DEs take time to develop. We know this. It sucks that his rookie season was taken from him but give him time. He's not the force we expected him to be so far but it does take time. Not everyone is Watt, speaking of Watt I'm so glad that guy is the leader of the team.

Don't worry, the Kubiak fanatics will find some sort of reason to **** on OB for not scoring 40 or something like that. They'll never be satisfied with anything he does as a HC because he replaced their failure here. Until we get a new HC after OB, then the slate will be clean enough to give the HC a chance.

Either way, its nice to see the Texans turning their season around and showing us the defense that many of us expected from the beginning. Its a shame that OB wasn't able to get it going from the start though.
How do you peg a poster like me who liked the old regime and also the new one? Triangular peg anyone?

How do you peg a poster like me who liked the old regime and also the new one? Triangular peg anyone?

eb6134fa6bb8dcdff27eb3ba9a07429f.jpg

I wouldn't call myself a homer but I thought this team had a chance to be pretty good. The way the defense looked early I thought I was completely wrong. The post Miami game defense is what they were supposed to be.

Mike

With every victory our chances get worse, as the Dolts refuse to go down. Our chance of the division title is now very slim. (That's on the very sound assumption that we have a less than zero shot at winning in Indy.)
I just wish we could have played better earlier. If a team isn't ready when the season begins, that's on the coaching.

With every victory our chances get worse, as the Dolts refuse to go down. Our chance of the division title is now very slim. (That's on the very sound assumption that we have a less than zero shot at winning in Indy.)
I just wish we could have played better earlier. If a team isn't ready when the season begins, that's on the coaching.

While i agree, this sure is making for an exciting end to the season.

A fan. Personally, I'd think most fans would want to support whatever coach can be successful and give him a chance. I've seen quite a few though that want nothing but turmoil for Bob all because he is the guy behind Kubiak and that's unfortunate. Even when I didn't like Kubiak, I still wanted to be wrong about him here and wanted him to turn into the guy many had hoped he was. Bob hasn't been perfect by any stretch, but I think he has proven that he can coach. IS he SB HC material? We won't have any of that figured out until we have a real QB that can compete with other teams in the playoffs. This year will not be a year that tells us that.

I was going to write a paragraph long rebuttal to this, but then I remembers it's not worth it on this board.

I too was going to come with facts and examples but it's just not worth it. Certain members will never acknowledge what the film shows. A guy getting healthy, improving at a new position, and gaining confidence.

How does our chances get worse with every victory.. I'm confused..

If anything our victories are keeping us in this thing. The Haselbeck that we saw before won't be facing the defense we are now witnessing..

I just hope our running game improves and then no worries

How does our chances get worse with every victory.. I'm confused..

If anything our victories are keeping us in this thing. The Haselbeck that we saw before won't be facing the defense we are now witnessing..

I just hope our running game improves and then no worries
With every victory our chances get worse, not because of the victory, but because the Dolts win one at the same time. Since we may as well concede our game in Indy (and the 1st tiebreaker), we must win 2 games more than they do in the weeks we don't play each other. The more weeks wasted by both teams winning, the fewer weeks remain to make up those 2 games, and the less the likelyhood of it happening. Capice?

Lol

:spit:

The same clowney running 20 yards down the field to make plays? That Clowney?
Running part of the time and taking half the game off. Eye test. Watch the game. Same argument idiots used to give me with Schaubs stats when half of them were generated by receivers adjusting to his under-thrown balls.

Fun game, and I'm exhausted lol. Forgot to DVR it so I wont get to see exactly how it all looked, but holding the Saints to 6 points is quite a feat.

I was surprised I thought this would be a closer game AFC vs NFC games with the Texans usually are cus of un common game

any who I cant believe INdy keeps winning with Matt but im now looking ahead at that game in INdy who will be the QB will it be Matt or Luck will we want it to be Luck ..?????

but also the next 2 games scare me well maybe just buffalo im actually looking forward to play the CHamps it will be our SB or AFCC game if u will just to see what level we are on ANywho if we beat NE and INdy this year I would be happy but on the other hand if we do beat NE and INdy its pretty much set in stone PLayoffs if we win those two we could pretty much lose to Tenn and Jags and we would still make it in

I was surprised I thought this would be a closer game AFC vs NFC games with the Texans usually are cus of un common game

any who I cant believe INdy keeps winning with Matt but im now looking ahead at that game in INdy who will be the QB will it be Matt or Luck will we want it to be Luck ..?????

but also the next 2 games scare me well maybe just buffalo im actually looking forward to play the CHamps it will be our SB or AFCC game if u will just to see what level we are on ANywho if we beat NE and INdy this year I would be happy but on the other hand if we do beat NE and INdy its pretty much set in stone PLayoffs if we win those two we could pretty much lose to Tenn and Jags and we would still make it in

This is not the same defense Matt faced earlier in the season. If we continue to play like this i don't think it matters if it is Luck or Matt we win.

Good win. Good defense today. Bad offense and play calling. Still have no QB, no RB, and a suspect OL.

Clowney can be traded any day and I don't mind. He doesn't try. Definition of curls for the girls.

Our defense did their job. But our pathetic offense beat a team with one of the worst defenses in the league. Don't start printing those championship shirts just yet.

The only way out of a hole is to dig yourself out! Good job Kingtexan, keep digging! Christ dude you sound insufferable, just enjoy the win for what it is.

Held the Saints without a TD since 2005. Held Brees out of the endzone for the first time since 2012. When the offense starting bogging down after that fast start I was thinking the defense might have to pitch a shutout. Can't believe they actually did. Credit to Crennel for righting the ship. I wanted him gone after the Dolphins game. Hope they keep it up.

One thing I kept thinking when our offense was on the field in this game was "Hoyer sure has a lot of time to throw" and that's been kind of an ongoing thing over the past couple of weeks (with Yates though). Against the Jets I thought our OL was giving him, if not a lot of time then a lot more than I expected him to have to work with. I like this OL if they keep building on what they having going right now. Brown, X, Jones, Brooks, and Newton if healthy are a decent combination and should just keep getting better. I'd like to see Jones get a little less "gooey" and maybe build some more strength. He needs it but for the most part our OL looks OK. Like infantrycak pointed out in another thread a lot of their issues aren't talent. It's schematic and they seem to be getting it sorted out as they go along.

Well isn't that the line we all thought that we'd be starting this year?

When health is your friend, good things happen.

And chemistry....

This is the team that those of us "blind homers" thought we would see. The offense isn't a juggernaut, we knew that. The defense had to be a top 5 defense and they are playing like it right now.

Mike

I'm certainly no blind homer, but the defensive performance the last few games is much more in line with I what I thought it would be this year. So why was the defense so bad the first few games? What really changed?

I'm certainly no blind homer, but the defensive performance the last few games is much more in line with I what I thought it would be this year. So why was the defense so bad the first few games? What really changed?
Charles James. :winky:

The only way out of a hole is to dig yourself out! Good job Kingtexan, keep digging! Christ dude you sound insufferable, just enjoy the win for what it is.
I did enjoy the win. Doesn't change the truth. We have a long way to go on offense to even be mediocre.

One thing I kept thinking when our offense was on the field in this game was "Hoyer sure has a lot of time to throw" and that's been kind of an ongoing thing over the past couple of weeks (with Yates though). Against the Jets I thought our OL was giving him, if not a lot of time then a lot more than I expected him to have to work with. I like this OL if they keep building on what they having going right now. Brown, X, Jones, Brooks, and Newton if healthy are a decent combination and should just keep getting better. I'd like to see Jones get a little less "gooey" and maybe build some more strength. He needs it but for the most part our OL looks OK. Like infantrycak pointed out in another thread a lot of their issues aren't talent. It's schematic and they seem to be getting it sorted out as they go along.

Agreed. Sometimes too long because Hoyer seems to hold on to the ball a little too long at times. Makes me a bit nervous. Yates did it last week too on the play where he fumbled.

Back