Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official 3/4 Assed Game Day Thread for a 3/4 Assed Team - Saints @ Texans

Our open field tackling is still horrendous. No understanding of angles, leverage, or field awareness.

Way to go mumphry. Run right into the defender and blocker. Then waste time tussling for the ball an hour after the play is over.

I get so sick of the ***** play calling, of course Hoyer is our QB and i doubt OB trusts him to do much.....Mehhhhhh the life of a Texans fan.

I must be the only one who loves the playcalling thus far. No qualms running the clock out. Even if the Saints score with a PAT to open the second half, Houston still would be up. Keep the game in front of us.

I must be the only one who loves the playcalling thus far. No qualms running the clock out. Even if the Saints score with a PAT to open the second half, Houston still would be up. Keep the game in front of us.

Screw that keeping it close BS, go for the kill. There was 1:30 left we had 2 time outs.

I know I heard the announcers say the Saints will get in the ball to open the 2nd half, but I thought they received the kick to open the game..

I do like what they are doing in the run game. Giving these guys a series or two to show what they can do, then using Hunt as the change of pace back.

I know I heard the announcers say the Saints will get in the ball to open the 2nd half, but I thought they received the kick to open the game..
I understand the Texans deferred to set up the initial Saints Offense and Texans Defense opening drive.

Screw that keeping it close BS, go for the kill. There was 1:30 left we had 2 time outs.
Exactly. I can't stand conservative, game management calls. I want plays that win the game. What is the point of having a "game-managing" QB like Hoyer who turns the ball over on stupid plays

I have no qualms with the playcalling, because with Hoyer at QB, OB is limited to begin with.. the guy can't throw a ball deep to save his life.. once the Saints adjusted and went zone and took all the intermediate throws away.. because Hoyer can't beat the zone Hoyer was toast.

That's not OBs fault.. he's extremely limited with what he has to work with.. Not to mention Hoyer holds on to the ball like a squirrel saving his last nut for winter. I'm done with the guy

In that situation you have to be able to drive balls down field..and fit them into tight quarters.. now what part of Hoyers game leads you to believe that he can do that?

He would've either went three and out without burning any clock or turned the ball over

Man. Reggie White had 81 sacks his first 5 seasons. With all that JJ has done, sort of puts Reggie White in perspective.

Nice, make that 69.5 sacks for Watt...lol.

Clowney needs to do a better job of using his hands. Dude has 34' arms and every time he rushes the passer he lets the OL get right into his chest and control him. A guy with his kind of explosion and length shouldn't be that easy to block.

In that situation you have to be able to drive balls down field..and fit them into tight quarters.. now what part of Hoyers game leads you to believe that he can do that?

He would've either went three and out without burning any clock or turned the ball over

WELL THEN why is he our starting QB ? It looks like OB had more confidence in Yates against the jets Top D last week than he does this week with Hoyer playing the worst D.

Man. Reggie White had 81 sacks his first 5 seasons. With all that JJ has done, sort of puts Reggie White in perspective.

Nice, make that 69.5 sacks for Watt...lol.

Plus they didn't pass as much back then and the rules were looser as to was legal. Reggie would dominate the game now.

Back