Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

I disagree again.

Last year, when the case was still unclear, there was no buyer.

Everybody knows that they will have to wait until the situation becomes clearer.

This year, when it did (no criminal case), that was when the buyers came back.

NC was only facilitating the trade.

Read the news. There was a buyer in 2021 before the trade deadline. Miami deal was on the table and Eagles and Panthers were interested earlier in the season.

Read Texian's article above. McNair wanted Caserio to pull the trigger back then just to get ride of the entire Watson debacle. Nick talked him out of it.

Is this something that you just ignore because it does not fit your chosen narrative?

And quite obfuscating the point and moving the goal post. Watson had final veto over any deal because of the NTC. That is indisputable fact.

Like I said, your dislike of Caserio clouds your ability to be anything close to objective and logical. Present a valid argument instead of this litle word salad routine, because right now you are incoherent in disagreement without a solid counterpoint.

Never mind.
This is not going anywhere.

:uprights:

Out of curiousity. If I decide to tell the other crowd. What should I say when they tell me Stingley (RD1) is hurt, Green (RD1) is playing poorly, Pitre (RD2) is struggling to tackle, Metchie (RD2) is out for the season, Harris (RD3) has been injured and only played in five games and Pierce (RD4) has been awesome.

What should I say? What is the atypical answer you would suggest? Just say, Pierce is awesome?

Last edited:
Do the Texans have plenty of cap space next off-season.
Do the Texans have a fiscally responsible person in the building? Now that the Texans no longer have Jamey Rootes or Chris Olson, do the Texans have anyone capable of negotiating an NFL contract now that Jack Easterby is gone? :sarcasm: Do the Texans have anyone in the building who can spell fiduciary? Do the Texans have any teenage girls available who can take Daddy's credit card to the Mall? Are the Texans capable of negotiating anything more than a 1-year contract and/or restructuring a contract? Is there any wonder why the Texans always seemed to get played with every trade or contract that they do? Is any of this finally beginning to make any sense to you?

Last edited:
I realize reality, this team is three years away if things go right away from being a contender.
As long as things go right including: on January 9th 2023, Reliant Stadium is fully and completely exterminated from all things related to football operations, and all video games are removed from the building.

Disagree about who has the most leverage in the Derrick trade.

The rest of your post and how much he got for an above avg QB but not a top 5 QB is up for debate. He got more in trade than I thought he would have gotten. Of course if I was a GM I never would've drafted or traded for Derrick to begin with, so he had no value to me, particularly given the circumstances.
So what do you consider your strongest emotion? Your love for Nick Caserio? or Your hate for DeShaun Watson?

Read the news. There was a buyer in 2021 before the trade deadline. Miami deal was on the table and Eagles and Panthers were interested earlier in the season.

Read Texian's article above. McNair wanted Caserio to pull the trigger back then just to get ride of the entire Watson debacle. Nick talked him out of it.

Is this something that you just ignore because it does not fit your chosen narrative?

And quite obfuscating the point and moving the goal post. Watson had final veto over any deal because of the NTC. That is indisputable fact.

Like I said, your dislike of Caserio clouds your ability to be anything close to objective and logical. Present a valid argument instead of this litle word salad routine, because right now you are incoherent in disagreement without a solid counterpoint.

:uprights:
I had read a lot of news.

Here's the timeline:

Before the trade deadline last year, there were many teams that were interested as Nick Caserio reportedly asked for 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders.

Watson declined to sit down with the Panthers as he preferred the Dolphins.

The two teams were close to a deal.

But the Dolphins still want the lawsuits to be resolved.

There was no such thing as Nick Caserio talking the McNairs to wait until the offseason like you had claimed.

The buyers simply did not feel comfortable enough with the situation still in the dark.

That's it.

Once no criminal charge was levied, the buyers came back in drove.

Both the Falcons and the Browns were deemed acceptable to Watson.
He went back and forth between playing close to home or with a team that has a better roster.
The Browns stepped up in the financial department to seal the deal.

Watson was the beneficiary through it all.

Nick Caserio was always just the facilitator.

So what do you consider your strongest emotion? Your love for Nick Caserio? or Your hate for DeShaun Watson?
That's a trick question. @steelbtexan doesn't hate anyone. He just strongly dislikes certain player(s) and a GM. :kitten:

Also, you have to add a couple more options:
  1. B.....Your hate dislike for Deshaun Watson
  2. C.....Your hate dislike for Rick Smith
  3. D.....Your hate dislike for Warren Moon
  4. B, C, D

Last edited:
nce no criminal charge was levied, the buyers came back in drove.

Both the Falcons and the Browns were deemed acceptable to Watson.
He went back and forth between playing close to home or with a team that has a better roster.
That is pure fabrication on your part. Panthers, Falcons, Saints and Browns said they were willing to meet the asking price of 3 1's. That is not droves. Watson told Browns that he wasn't interested in him and he wanted to stay in the south. Browns later went back to Watson with the offer of a fully guaranteed contract that the other teams were not willing to match.

Report: Deshaun Watson eliminates Browns from consideration Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2022, 11:16 AM EDT

Deshaun Watson is less torn than he was last night.

With four teams all making impressive offers to Watson over the past few days, Watson is having a hard time deciding where he wants to play. So he’s instead eliminating them, starting with the Browns.
Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Browns have been informed that they’re out of the running.
That leaves the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and the theoretical possibility that someone else will get involved in the pursuit of Watson.
There’s no timetable for a final decision. For a team like the Falcons, however, time is of the essence.

That is pure fabrication on your part. Panthers, Falcons, Saints and Browns said they were willing to meet the asking price of 3 1's. That is not droves. Watson told Browns that he wasn't interested in him and he wanted to stay in the south. Browns later went back to Watson with the offer of a fully guaranteed contract that the other teams were not willing to match.

Report: Deshaun Watson eliminates Browns from consideration Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2022, 11:16 AM EDT

Deshaun Watson is less torn than he was last night.

With four teams all making impressive offers to Watson over the past few days, Watson is having a hard time deciding where he wants to play. So he’s instead eliminating them, starting with the Browns.
Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Browns have been informed that they’re out of the running.
That leaves the Saints, Panthers, Falcons, and the theoretical possibility that someone else will get involved in the pursuit of Watson.
There’s no timetable for a final decision. For a team like the Falcons, however, time is of the essence.
Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that with a NTC, a player provides a list of approved teams, there is no negotiations between the player and the approved teams and then a trade is made with one of the approved teams.

Based on that assumption. My only issue with the process is I realize Watson had the NTC. However, it seems/feels like he had too much control over the process and negotiating with teams. IMHO, it just feels/seems wrong. They should have gotten the list of teams he would be willing to go to and then just trade his a$$. Don't allow Mulugheta to dictate any terms until after the trade was made and he was out of Houston. If they did that and the Browns were out of the running, I doubt he gets that contract from the Panthers, Saints or Falcons.

Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that with a NTC, a player provides a list of approved teams, there is no negotiations between the player and the approved teams and then a trade is made with one of the approved teams.

Based on that assumption. My only issue with the process is I realize Watson had the NTC. However, it seems/feels like he had too much control over the process and negotiating with teams. IMHO, it just feels/seems wrong. They should have gotten the list of teams he would be willing to go to and then just trade his a$$. Don't allow Mulugheta to dictate any terms until after the trade was made and he was out of Houston. If they did that and the Browns were out of the running, I doubt he gets that contract from the Panthers, Saints or Falcons.

In the end, I think it was simply show me the money.

Notice how the 3 teams in the running besides the Browns were all close to Watson's hometown?

The Panthers, the Saints, and the Falcons.

There was no debate about the Browns as having the best roster among the four.

That's how I thought as well, but when Watson's contract was written it must have been written differently to only have NTC. If it was written so that Watson would only accept a trade to specific teams, the Texans would have negotiated the best deal and then asked Watson to approve. Instead they had to open it to the league and any team willing to meet the price had to get Watson to waive the NTC

KC drafted Tyreek 2016 5th rd.

Tyreek Hill also allegedly threw his pregnant girlfriend around beat her in her stomach in college. That is why he fell to the fifth. It wasn’t some great insight that KC had. Other teams didn’t want to touch him.

Then years later he was accused of breaking his sons arm. Allegedly.

Real piece of work there.

Texans drafted Dameon Pierce in the 4th.

Texans didn’t need the cover of girlfriend beating to get their player.

Reactions: JB
Out of curiousity. If I decide to tell the other crowd. What should I say when they tell me Stingley (RD1) is hurt, Green (RD1) is playing poorly, Pitre (RD2) is struggling to tackle, Metchie (RD2) is out for the season, Harris (RD3) has been injured and only played in five games and Pierce (RD4) has been awesome.

What should I say? What is the atypical answer you would suggest? Just say, Pierce is awesome?

I think people would have enough common sense that

1. Stingley pulled a hamstring. Common injury

2. Green playing poorly - he is injured and still allowed to play. He wasn’t able to extend his arm last game. This is known. I am more concerned about him still playing through injury. His performance prior to that was great.

3. Pitre needs to be coached better on tackling. Still a good player and good pick. Has shown a lot of potential and nose for the ball.

4. Metchie - who can predict cancer?

5. Harris - A hamstring injury early in training camp. Common.

For those hamstring injuries I would want to take a look at the strength and conditioning coach.

So Mills get benched and the Texans are primed for the first pick, but there's still a strong feeling in some corner that Nick Caserio has been doing a good job?

The lower and lower bar people are setting.

No wonder the team is just trash.

Oh great! Now you're saying the fans are to blame for the team we all knew would be bad for being worse than some expected? I never thought you would sink so low, but I must admit I'm not surprised. If only you were as smart as you seem to think you are, you could go take that GM job away from Caserio. Or do you already have a high paying job elsewhere in the NFL?

Your support of Caserio is unwavering whatever examples you wish to highlight. We all want Texan “draft picks” to be successful but they’re misses more than hits. I’m one of your biggest supporters but your hate of DM is unbridled and blame him for poisoning DW and Texans as a whole. Then there are the posters who you disagree with, apparently even me now, who see things differently that aren’t complementary of your beloved Texans. I get that, it’s hard to criticize something you love, but more often than not, Texans deserve criticism.

Caserio has already proven to many of us, not to be a very good evaluator of talent. He’s had picks, high picks and whiffed. Define your ideal GM? Caserio is a football operations manager, fast talker, smart yet not someone you gravitate towards & play hard for. How he judges talent will limit an organizations ceiling, especially if you’re taking off the board clients of Athletes First.

Long story short, hard as I try to be neutral and see both sides of these arguments places me on the opposite side of you, which is disappointing to say the least. I’m in the clean house camp, including Caserio and bring in more experienced GM who can change Texan culture and put a better product/team on the field.
What do you not like about Caserio last draft? I wanted Sauce over Stingley, but it's not like Stingley most likely won't be really good too. The rest are rookies that have shown promise and I've said that I would have gone differently in the draft. That hardly makes me a homer. In short, I liked Caserio's last draft and consider him to be a good evaluator of talent based on his 1st full draft.

I didn't say I wouldn't draft an DM client,, what I said was the DM client would have to be a special player for me to have to deal with him. I try to avoid guys like DM in the business world although there are exceptions to this rule.

As far as Derrick goes, simply put Cal allowed Derrick and DM to put this franchise in the position it's in today. I don't hate Derrick but I'm glad a Sexual Predator and a guy who won't even honor a max contract he signed 6 months before is no longer on the team. Just because I don't think he's a top 5 QB and is vastly overrated doesn't mean that my opinion isn't valid. I don't go along with the sheeple thoughts when it comes to Derrick. Is it hatred for my opinion to be that Derrick should be playing for the Mean Machine this yr instead of at nrg? Or that Hardin/Derrick didn't beat the system and get away with a crime?

John Dorsey
Do the Texans have a fiscally responsible person in the building? Now that the Texans no longer have Jamey Rootes or Chris Olson, do the Texans have anyone capable of negotiating an NFL contract now that Jack Easterby is gone? :sarcasm: Do the Texans have anyone in the building who can spell fiduciary? Do the Texans have any teenage girls available who can take Daddy's credit card to the Mall? Are the Texans capable of negotiating anything more than a 1-year contract and/or restructuring a contract? Is there any wonder why the Texans always seemed to get played with every trade or contract that they do? Is any of this finally beginning to make any sense to you?
Who cares if Cal keeps screwing up hiring HC's. It's only money and the McNair's have grifted enough money that nobody should care how Cal spends their money. In fact you should root for more financial losses if you're rooting for the team to be sold. I know that is what I'm rooting for.

KC picks better, even though much later. They also retooled w/Tyreek trade into a much more rounded team.

When you have a football person in place and put no restrictions on who he can and can't draft, plus be a QB whisperer you have what the chiefs have.

Do you ever think Janice/Cal will ever give over control to a football guy, I don't. It's not in their history.

What do you not like about Caserio last draft? I wanted Sauce over Stingley, but it's not like Stingley most likely won't be really good too. The rest are rookies that have shown promise and I've said that I would have gone differently in the draft. That hardly makes me a homer. In short, I liked Caserio's last draft and consider him to be a good evaluator of talent based on his 1st full draft.

I didn't say I wouldn't draft an DM client,, what I said was the DM client would have to be a special player for me to have to deal with him. I try to avoid guys like DM in the business world although there are exceptions to this rule.

As far as Derrick goes, simply put Cal allowed Derrick and DM to put this franchise in the position it's in today. I don't hate Derrick but I'm glad a Sexual Predator and a guy who won't even honor a max contract he signed 6 months before is no longer on the team. Just because I don't think he's a top 5 QB and is vastly overrated doesn't mean that my opinion isn't valid. I don't go along with the sheeple thoughts when it comes to Derrick. Is it hatred for my opinion to be that Derrick should be playing for the Mean Machine this yr instead of at nrg? Or that Hardin/Derrick didn't beat the system and get away with a crime?

John Dorsey
Who cares if Cal keeps screwing up hiring HC's. It's only money and the McNair's have grifted enough money that nobody should care how Cal spends their money. In fact you should root for more financial losses if you're rooting for the team to be sold. I know that is what I'm rooting for.
Cal is not responsible for Mulugheta nor Watson being the people they are.

So Mills get benched and the Texans are primed for the first pick, but there's still a strong feeling in some corner that Nick Caserio has been doing a good job?

My issue with him is he went into this season with this WR core and this OL and thought it was decent. Also keeping Rex Burkhead on the roster. Also, for the run defense to be as bad as it is. No one wraps up on tackles. Safeties trying to make high light plays instead of being fundamental. Now that falls on coaching (the lack of tackling)

I will say, Lovie did say that he didn’t want Nick on the headset On game day. So, it’s blame to go around.

Cal is not responsible for Mulugheta nor Watson being the people they are.
True, but Cal is responsible for getting in bed with Derrick to begin with.. He should have made Derrick play out his 5th year option and I said as much at the time.

WR
My issue with him is he went into this season with this WR core and this OL and thought it was decent. Also keeping Rex Burkhead on the roster. Also, for the run defense to be as bad as it is. No one wraps up on tackles. Safeties trying to make high light plays instead of being fundamental. Now that falls on coaching (the lack of tackling)

I will say, Lovie did say that he didn’t want Nick on the headset On game day. So, it’s blame to go around.
Caserio thought the WR corps was going to be Cooks/Collins/Metchie. There was no way to know Cooks would quit, Metchie would get cancer and Collins would get hurt.

A 3rd rd pick didn't workout,the world is ending.

Did you hold RS/Kubiak to this same standard. They were terrible drafting in rds 3-5.

Last edited:
What you want and what you get is up for negotiation. Bottom line is he got the 2nd most in a trade for a single player in NFL history and that's with the player holding the ultimate trump card.

I would say Caserio did a great job given the circumstances.
The word “NO” was also part of Caserio’s vocabulary and works equally as well as the Browns word NO.

The word “NO” was also part of Caserio’s vocabulary and works equally as well as the Browns word NO.
Yep, and the word no in this case means you would be stuck with a sexual predator.

Bottom line is Caserio engineered the 2nd best trade in NFL history and you don't like the trade. I think that's all that needs to be said.

higher floor over higher ceiling
address need over bpa
emphasis on cultural fit in locker room
project players to wrong position/system
missing on medical evaluations
long, long list too numerous to mention but sure somebody else will think of a few more.

no franchise is immune from mistakes. every team I follow you can nitpick but there is a reason this franchise needs a reset every few years.

higher floor over higher ceiling
address need over bpa
emphasis on cultural fit in locker room
project players to wrong position/system
missing on medical evaluations
long, long list too numerous to mention but sure somebody else will think of a few more.

no franchise is immune from mistakes. every team I follow you can nitpick but there is a reason this franchise needs a reset every few years.
I agree with you, and the reason they need a reset every few years is bad drafting and lack of a Big Ben/Manning Elway etc .. QB.

BTW, I don't think Caserio drafted the way you described it in the last draft. So maybe things are changing down on Kirby although I sure would have liked to see Sauce and Sam Williams on this team along with Leonard Davis.

What I wonder is did Caserio have Metchie rated over Pickens, or was Metchie a cultural fit.

If so nothing has changed and Caserio is still getting his marching orders from the McNair's and this franchise is doomed.

One thing that can't be denied is Pickens is a great player. I had Pickens rated over Metchie. So did Texian.

Last edited:
A 3rd rd pick didn't workout,the world is ending.

Did you hold RS/Kubiak to this same standard. They were terrible drafting in rds 3-5.
Of course, I do.
I said Rick Smith was mediocre.

Kubiak was a tad above that as a HC with the Texans, but a very good OC.

Wade was also above mediocre with the Texans.

Bob was mediocre as an OC with the Texans, poor as a HC and terrible as a GM.

So far, Lovie is somewhat similar to Wade. Mediocre to above mediocre as a DC, but he's poor like OB as a HC.

Nick Caserio is below mediocre to "at best" mediocre.

I agree with you, and the reason they need a reset every few years is bad drafting and lack of a Big Ben/Manning Elway etc .. QB.

BTW, I don't think Caserio drafted the way you described it in the last draft. So maybe things are changing down on Kirby although I sure would have liked to see Sauce and Sam Williams on this team along with Leonard Davis.

What I wonder is did Caserio have Metchie rated over Pickens, or was Metchie a cultural fit.

If so nothing has changed and Caserio is still getting his marching orders from the McNair's and this franchise is doomed.

One thing that can't be denied is Pickens is a great player. I had Pickens rated over Metchie. So did Texian.

For the record Telesco is no better as a GM & if not fired (should be) his tenure will stretch to 10 years (2013) and he has not won a damn thing. Don’t want to see similar trend repeat here.

However I realize both Caserio & Lovie get one more year with butt load of premium draft capital to turn things around. I’ve never had success forecasting Texan draft picks so that naturally colors my opinion. You’re as good as any picking them so will defer to your opinions as a homer. Wish I could be more like you but my stubborn nature gets in the way.

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

For the record Telesco is no better as a GM & if not fired (should be) his tenure will stretch to 10 years (2013) and he has not won a damn thing. Don’t want to see similar trend repeat here.

However I realize both Caserio & Lovie get one more year with butt load of premium draft capital to turn things around. I’ve never had success forecasting Texan draft picks so that naturally colors my opinion. You’re as good as any picking them so will defer to your opinions as a homer. Wish I could be more like you but my stubborn nature gets in the way.

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

I think I'm pretty balanced when it comes to Caserio, he's done some things I like and don't like.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I think I'm pretty balanced when it comes to Caserio, he's done some things I like and don't like.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

At a minimum, Caserio is above average in drafting. If he's above average every draft, he can rebuild the team. If you can draft "above average" every year you're doing good in the NFL cattle lottery. Will he continue? Who knows.

At a minimum, Caserio is horrible at hiring HCs. But how much of that is Caserio and how much is our meddling owner? I'm not so sure Caserio is left alone to do his own hiring.

All in all, I think Caserio is (so far at least) good for the Texans.

At a minimum, Caserio is above average in drafting. If he's above average every draft, he can rebuild the team. If you can draft "above average" every year you're doing good in the NFL cattle lottery. Will he continue? Who knows.

At a minimum, Caserio is horrible at hiring HCs. But how much of that is Caserio and how much is our meddling owner? I'm not so sure Caserio is left alone to do his own hiring.

All in all, I think Caserio is (so far at least) good for the Texans.

Agreed.

I think Caserio is the only qualified professional and adult in the room. Now that Easterby is out of the way he should be the only one to have Janice/Cal’s ear, especially as dismal the team has been under Lovie.

For me, I think this is how Janice/Cal are being explained how to run a football organization by Caserio.

In the end, I think it was simply show me the money.
Brown also had the best roster too.

Caserio walked face first into a pile of shite at Kirby.

First shite pie to the face, Watson quitting on the team and the FO suddenly trying to salvage the Watson contract. Culley wasn’t no one’s choice but an appeasement offering to Watson by the McNair’s that backfired horribly.

Second shite pie to the face was the removal of Culley, Watson’s shite storm taking a nasty turn, and the team quickly sinking due to no talent and being in cap hail. Not to mention the McNair’s hamstringing him again by hiring Lovie when no respectable HC would take the job.

The McNair’s involving themselves in football decisions has cost them dearly. Daddy made the first blunder by signing Osweiler. Cost a pretty penny to make that move go away. Cal and Momma were the next up in the blunder pool by forcing Culley on the team. Backfire b/c Culley got a hail of a golden parachute for retirement. The Cal and Momma team went to the blunder pool again when they decided on Lovie and he too is potentially looking at the golden parachute retirement either this season or next.

Last edited:
Caserio walked face first into a pile of shite at Kirby.

First shite pie to the face, Watson quitting on the team and the FO suddenly trying to salvage the Watson contract. Culley wasn’t no one’s choice but an appeasement offering to Watson by the McNair’s that backfired horribly.

Second shite pie to the face was the removal of Culley, Watson’s shite storm taking a nasty turn, and the team quickly sinking due to no talent and being in cap hail. Not to mention the McNair’s hamstringing him again by hiring Lovie when no respectable HC would take the job.

The McNair’s involving themselves in football decisions has cost them dearly. Daddy made the first blunder by signing Osweiler. Cost a pretty penny to make that move go away. Cal and Momma were the next up in the blunder pool by forcing Culley on the team. Backfire b/c Culley got a hail of a golden parachute for retirement. The Cal and Momma team went to the blunder pool again when they decided on Lovie and he too is potentially looking at the golden parachute retirement either this season or next.
The first blunder to me was Cal’s one on one lunch with Watson. At that lunch he made promises he knew he wasn’t going to keep.
Once Watson quit no big time coach was taking this job. Especially with no draft picks in the first two rounds and no money to bring in top notch free agents.

Then those allegations came out and it was a wrap for any big time coach coming to this mad house.

Back