Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nick Caserio - New GM

Sorry, I saw Caserio when DB said Casserly... it is the Caserio thread after all
It will throw you off.

Just asking anyone who may have an answer: What is different in these signings (Britt, Ingram, D. Johnson, Cooks) from anything O'Brien might have done?

It will throw you off.

Just asking anyone who may have an answer: What is different in these signings (Britt, Ingram, D. Johnson, Cooks) from anything O'Brien might have done?

The long-term commitment in terms of contract length and money. All four of these are structured to not be here in 2022 (maybe cooks 2023) and the salary cap dollars are lower and closer to the value of the player to the league.

My early read also is that the Texans are not in tank mode (or at least obvious tank mode)

I didn't say anything about anyone making things up.

I said the Texans were pretty crappy decision makers before Easterby. Cal needs to go back to playing video games.

Yep, I agree with you, but they could always be worse decision makers. Like making O'Brien the GM after an epic playoff choke or trading away a star WR for nothing because reason(s) or making an unqualified charlatan a Vice President of Football Operations. ;)

Never underestimate stupidity. As Friedrich Schiller once said, "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."

Thanks, man. I see it was a misunderstanding. This forum has a habit of straying off the beaten path. Trying to keep threads 'on topic' is like herding cats. Dern near impossible. :kitten:

Still on the 13.2% topic. Let me jump in here.....Watson will definitely be more than 13.2% of the cap.....the Texans weren't going to be relative for the next 2 seasons even if Watson was 99% or 1% of the cap. This 13.2% is a moot point with this team.

2. This goes back to Brady again. Besides taking less than what an elite QB ordinarily make, the Pats kept restructuring him to push the money back.
Now that he left, the Pats incurred some $13.5M in dead money that they simply takes the lump and write it off in one bad year.
The Chiefs could apply this with Mahomes for awhile longer and try to win as many SBs as they can while Mahomes' cap figure is still low enough.

57d3c2f0c7cad1263b4cf0f5163ef5b6.jpg

Yep, I agree with you, but they could always be worse decision makers. Like making O'Brien the GM after an epic playoff choke or trading away a star WR for nothing because reason(s) or making an unqualified charlatan a Vice President of Football Operations. ;)

Never underestimate stupidity. As Friedrich Schiller once said, "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."

Thanks, man. I see it was a misunderstanding. This forum has a habit of straying off the beaten path. Trying to keep threads 'on topic' is like herding cats. Dern near impossible. :kitten:

I think he played everything except Madden. Because even a fool can assemble a good team on Madden

I don't think Bill O'Brien even knew when free agency started so it's nice to see that Caserio knows his way around the league a little bit. Low risk, short term guys to add depth and competition. I don't know that we can read too much into any of the strategy so far because we didn't have many other options being up against the cap like we were, other than tanking, which we're apparently not doing. Wouldn't be surprised to see an entirely different game plan in a year or two when the roster's turned over and all the bad contracts are gone. Looking forward to seeing how this OLine does - should be improved. ++ to Caserio for proving that his phone works. We'll see if the coaches can do anything with these guys.

Should we wait at least until we see these players actually play a down for the Texans before we praise or blast NC or nah?

All I can really say is that Nick has been busy. I don't know much about the guys he brought in yesterday. But I do know about David Johnson and Vernon Hargreaves, and that right there is enough for me to pump the brakes on Caserio.

The Texans are putting on a show for the NFL in How To Fail And Look Really Stupid While Doing So. And our multigazillionaire QB is acting like a ******* spoiled brat.

Laughing Stock. Learn to live with that label for a while.

Feels like Caserio wants a roster with few to zero super stars (huge contracts) and mainly loaded with mid tier players.
I think this approach has merit, especially in creating a roster with the kind of depth that can overcome injuries.
Plus, season to season, it's easier to replace mid tier players without the falloff you'd have losing a super star type guy (the same applies to injuries, less falloff when losing a star player, more consistency. Theoretically)

Should we wait at least until we see these players actually play a down for the Texans before we praise or blast NC or nah?

All I can really say is that Nick has been busy. I don't know much about the guys he brought in yesterday. But I do know about David Johnson and Vernon Hargreaves, and that right there is enough for me to pump the brakes on Caserio.

Yep. He's walking like a duck, quacking like a duck, and swimming like a duck, so maybe he's really a duck.

But until we see the results on the field, he also might be a goat in a duck suit.

GoatInADuckSuit.jpg

The Texans are putting on a show for the NFL in How To Fail And Look Really Stupid While Doing So. And our multigazillionaire QB is acting like a ******* spoiled brat.

Laughing Stock. Learn to live with that label for a while.

It's going to be bad next yr, but should be better starting in 2022.

Feels like Caserio wants a roster with few to zero super stars (huge contracts) and mainly loaded with mid tier players.
I think this approach has merit, especially in creating a roster with the kind of depth that can overcome injuries.
Plus, season to season, it's easier to replace mid tier players without the falloff you'd have losing a super star type guy (the same applies to injuries, less falloff when losing a star player, more consistency. Theoretically)

Theoretically you draft your star players and add depth pieces in FA until you get to where you're just a piece or 2 away from being a championship contender. Then you spend the $$$$ in FA. Depth is very important as evidenced by last season.

I think NC is too quick to pull the trigger on some of these moves.
There are still plenty of values out there, not to mention the ones he had already missed.

This is what rock bottom feels like. Caserio moves seem reasonable for a change from what we’re use to last couple years. However, don’t think he can escape the shadow of Easterby and that will be his downfall.

I think people give too much attention to this "Easterby" guy. Might just be a meme or something at this point, I'm not sure.

I haven't thought about that guy in weeks.

I think people give too much attention to this "Easterby" guy. Might just be a meme or something at this point, I'm not sure.

I haven't thought about that guy in weeks.

If that’s how you feel, so be it. For me, if the dude is still in the building, I don’t trust him any further than I can throw him. A couple of moves recently, the re-signing of David Johnson for one, makes me believe he’s still got some say, that Caserio doesn’t have total control of personnel.

Doesn’t make it so, just my gut.

If that’s how you feel, so be it. For me, if the dude is still in the building, I don’t trust him any further than I can throw him. A couple of moves recently, the re-signing of David Johnson for one, makes me believe he’s still got some say, that Caserio doesn’t have total control of personnel.

Doesn’t make it so, just my gut.

Shocking

I guess you think Cucks a liar.

You think Easterby had anything to do with the rest of the off-season?

Back