Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

This is what happens when high-powered attorneys write NFL rules that only high-powered attorneys can understand. This is what happens when so many players are legally illiterate..............and "grow up" to run the NFLPA. Now high-powered attorneys will need to be hired to translate all rules for low intellect players so that high-powered NFL attorneys can still find avenues to nail low-intellect NFLPA and their players. :backsout:

********************************************************************************************************

Everyone must do a better job of warning players about gambling
Posted by Mike Florio on June 6, 2023, 10:01 AM EDT

Although the evidence suggests that Colts cornerback Isaiah Rodgers knew he was violating the gambling policy, given that the account he used reportedly was in the name of an associate, this latest example of the intersection between NFL players and sports book apps should be the one that finally gets everyone’s attention.

Even if their attention should have been gotten years ago.

The fact that so many players have been suspended for violating the league’s gambling policy amounts to a failure by many. The league, the union, the teams, agents, everyone — including the players.

The NFL’s policy reads as if it was written by lawyers for lawyers. One or more teams, we’re told, have re-written it to make it understandable to players and non-players.

The league’s decision to unilaterally impose a gambling policy that includes clunky, inconsistent provisions regarding where and how players can bet on non-NFL sporting events has given the NFL Players Association no reason to take ownership of the final product and assist with its proper implementation. As a result, plenty of players don’t realize that, while it’s not a violation to make a bet on a non-NFL sporting event on the sidewalk outside the team facility, it becomes one as soon as they walk through the door.

The union has not made education the kind of priority that it should have been. When the crap hit the fan in April with five suspensions announced in one fell swoop, the union sent an email not to all players but to all agents. As if it’s the agents’ responsibility, not the union’s responsibility, to explain the rules to the players.

Everyone has an incentive to get this right. The NFL, the NFLPA, the unions, the teams, the agents, the players.

Everyone. Us included. We all want the best football players to be available to play football. We don’t want to see careers become derailed or destroyed because no one has gotten in each player’s face and made it clear to him that, if you do this, you will be caught, and you will be done.

Coaches get in players’ faces all the time, about all sorts of things. Coaches set clear rules for players all the time. Why is this any different?

Given the extreme consequences of a violation, this is something about which coaches should be hounding players every single day. The league should want that. The union should want that. Everyone should want that.

And if they are hounding the players constantly and it’s still happening, then maybe someone needs to take a step back and wonder whether something else is going on. Do some players arrive at the NFL already with a gambling addiction?

At a deeper level, is the NFL’s ongoing money grab via umpteen sports book sponsorships sending a mixed message to players who think that, if it’s OK for the owners to take gambling money on the back end, they should be allowed to try to take some of it on the front end?

Whatever the cause(s), it’s the biggest problem the NFL is currently facing. And it’s just a matter of time before the NFL finds itself without a star player or two because of it.

Sent out a ransom too

yi0t9tHIeeM4LjoaOUdN_xWSrp9R-Pn2BXbBo5SxH6k.jpg

The Raiders have finally confirmed the injury which I felt Garoppolo sustained. ["medal and middle cuneiform" should have read "medial and middle cuneiform"] In the image below middle cuneiform is the same as intermediate cuneiform. Essentially, the combination of his fractures (including the proximal 2nd metacarpal) can be interpretted as a psuedo Lisfranc injury without involvement of the Lisfranc ligament. Although, he may be able to return for the regular season, this is probably not the end of his foot problems.

View attachment 12162View attachment 12163

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jimmy Garoppolo’s contract includes waiver over foot injury
Posted by Mike Florio on May 27, 2023, 11:45 PM EDT

Remember when Jimmy Garoppolo‘s contract took some time to get resolved and they sent the reporters who were gathered for a press conference home.

The story was there’s nothing to see here. As is often the case, the truth is that there was. (But, of course, anyone who ever points out that dynamic gets labeled a “conspiracy theorist.”)

PFT has obtained Garoppolo’s contract. It contains a critical final clause — Addendum G — that addresses the foot injury Garoppolo suffered during the 2022 season, and for which he had surgery after signing with the Raiders.
Addendum G is a waiver and release. In the first paragraph, the waiver acknowledges that, without it, Garoppolo would not pass the team’s physical “because of a preexisting medal and middle cuneiform and a fracture of the base of the second metatarsal in the Player’s left foot and that the Club would not enter into an NFL Player Contract with Player.” It’s the injury he suffered during the 2022 regular season, opening the door for Brock Purdy to play.

In the second paragraph, Garoppolo expressly acknowledges and waives the risk of further injury, including potential “permanent disability” by continuing his career. “Player also understands that such condition has decreased his ability to play professional football,” the waiver states, “and that continuing to play professional football may result in deterioration, aggravation, or re-injury of the existing conditions rendering Player physically unable to perform the services that would be required of Player by an NFL Player Contract.”

In the third paragraph, Garoppolo expressly assumes all risks of continuing to play, despite the condition.

In the fourth paragraph, Garoppolo waives all claims against the Raiders, the league, and anyone else who could be responsible for anything related to the condition.

In the fifth paragraph, Garoppolo agrees that any disputes regarding whether any injury involves the conditions specified in the waiver “shall be resolved in the discretion of Club’s physician,” while also preserving the player’s ability to seek a second opinion.

The contract preserves the team’s ability to terminate the agreement with no further obligation, “for any reason related to the Waiver and Release attached as Addendum G.” The waiver becomes null and void if at any time during the 2023 season, Garoppolo passes a physical exam, is active for at least one regular-season game, and does not suffer re-injury to his left foot in the manner described in Addendum G.

As originally negotiated, Garoppolo had an $11.25 million signing bonus and a base salary of $11.25 million for 2023. The foot injury resulted in the Raiders removing the signing bonus, with the full $22.5 million becoming base salary in 2023.

He won’t get any of it until he passes a physical. In the interim, the Raiders can cut him “for any reason related” to Addendum G.

The elimination of the signing bonus and the presence of Addendum G explains the delay in getting the deal done. And it underscores the possibility that Garoppolo might never play for the Raiders — and he might never get paid a penny by them.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
[The bolded below reflect what I have always tried to have fans understand about NFL injuries]

Report: Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to be ready for training camp
Posted by Mike Florio on June 6, 2023, 11:58 PM EDT

Jimmy Garoppolo failed his physical in March, due to a foot injury from December. He has since had surgery, and he continues to recover from it.
He reportedly will be ready to go when training camp begins. That was the report on Tuesday from Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, via NFL.com.
https://sotrends.com/power-knee-pro-us/
That’s fine. He’s expected to be ready. Just another “nothing to see here” message from a team and a player that desperately need the expectations to become reality.

Obviously, the foot was and still is an issue. In a league where every surgery is a success and every rehab is ahead of schedule, the glass remains half full until the last drop of water evaporates from it.

Time will tell if he’s able to finally pass a physical. And then the time will come to worry that one of the most injured quarterbacks in recent years can manage to stay healthy through training camp, the preseason, and into September.

Everyone who passes a physical and makes it through camp without landing on injured reserve is 100 percent, or close to it, when the season begins. That’s when the risk of something breaking, straining, and/or tearing sets in, particularly on game days.

Garoppolo has suffered plenty of injuries because he’s not particularly adept at protecting himself. His torn ACL happened in 2018 because of one of the most boneheaded blunders imaginable — a decision to drop a shoulder into a defensive back at the sideline instead of just getting out of bounds.

Some quarterbacks have the awareness to avoid contact. Some don’t. And with each instance of unnecessary contact comes the risk of the next injury.

Tom Brady made it to 45 in large part because he knew how to avoid taking hits, even to the point of developing a late-career habit of chucking and ducking in order to avoid getting blown up by someone half his age. There was a time when quarterbacks were ridiculed for playing it safe. Now, it’s a skill to be admired and emulated.

That’s what Raiders fans need to be concerned about. Sure, the foot may be healed by August. But what else will happen to Garoppolo once he’s taking live reps? Will he minimize the hits he takes, or will he keep taking them, hoping that the next one won’t be the last one he takes for weeks or months?

That, by far, is the biggest risk for any team that puts its eggs in the Jimmy G basket. Far too often, the basket breaks.

Last edited:
I hope Jacksonville stays. It's cool that the NFL, one of the biggest sport leagues in the world, has teams in seemingly bizarre markets like Jacksonville, Green Bay, etc. If the NFL were formed today, neither of those markets would have teams, which is precisely why I want them to stay right where they are

NFL enlists Tom Brady to help educate players on gambling policy
Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2023, 10:40 PM EDT

The NFL needs to get players to understand the do’s and don’ts of its gambling policy. To help spread the message, the Shield has enlisted the GOAT.
Via Mike Klis of 9News.com, Tom Brady taped an introduction to the league’s educational video regarding the gambling policy. It will be shown to all players.

In the video, Brady reportedly addresses his love for football, and he explains that playing in the NFL was a privilege of a lifetime. He says that betting on NFL games impairs the integrity of the league and the reputation of everyone on a given team — and that it’s just not worth it.

The message not to bet on NFL games is simple and clear. The more confusing message arises from the ability to bet on other sports while not on team property, and the prohibition against doing so the moment the player entered the workplace.

That’s where more work needs to be done in crafting the message. More work also needs to be done in determining the proper limits of the policy. It would be easier to get the message across to all players if all forms of sports wagering were forbidden.

Regarding the issue with gambling, I will admit to not seeing anything about it outside of the players getting fined, suspended or whatever.
Maybe there is conversation I just haven't seen, but what about the referees?
They have far more control over the outcome of games then players do and could easily make money off of games.
To a lesser degree to total outcome of a game, although we've seen refs play a part, but prop bets as well. How hard would it be for a ref to place a bet on the over/under of a game they are officiating and make bad calls, throwing flags in order to influence the outcome? That doesn't even strike me as being a stretch, unless there is something I simply am unaware of as a fan regarding referees.

Looks like the Vikes are in tank mode and I don't understand why.
I guess the Vikings need the $9 million for a Jefferson extension. The Vikes GM didn't draft or re-sign Cook. I think he just doesn't put a high value on RBs. Knowing he was dumping Cook at some point, he still waited until the 7th round to take a RB. Telling.

Regarding the issue with gambling, I will admit to not seeing anything about it outside of the players getting fined, suspended or whatever.
They have far more control over the outcome of games then players do and could easily make money off of games.
To a lesser degree to total outcome of a game, although we've seen refs play a part, but prop bets as well. How hard would it be for a ref to place a bet on the over/under of a game they are officiating and make bad calls, throwing flags in order to influence the outcome? That doesn't even strike me as being a stretch, unless there is something I simply am unaware of as a fan regarding referees.

Good question. I suppose anything is possible.

There are so many cameras and replays and reversals it would be nearly impossible to get by with anything egregious.

But: We have all seen replays that we disagree with, so who knows for certain?

It has been said that holding could be called on any play. Easy to nullify a scoring play.

Late flags, after the play, are not uncommon.

Just asking the question shows there is already a problem with credibility in the NFL.

:coffee:

I can't understand why Cook can't get anything on the trade market. His contract would cost less than $10.9 million in 2023. He's 28 and still productive.

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be running backs.
Assume that injury history + teams hoping to negotiate lesser financial obligation? I agree if healthy, he could be productive.

Good question. I suppose anything is possible.

There are so many cameras and replays and reversals it would be nearly impossible to get by with anything egregious.

But: We have all seen replays that we disagree with, so who knows for certain?

It has been said that holding could be called on any play. Easy to nullify a scoring play.

Late flags, after the play, are not uncommon.

Just asking the question shows there is already a problem with credibility in the NFL.

:coffee:
NFL Referee Gambling rules fall under the NFL rules for "NFL personnel."

Until the Raiders moved to Las Vegas, referees were not even allowed to visit Vegas.

Here's something that may interest some of your.

NFL Gambling Rules Trivia
The league has a gambling rules document that clearly outlines for players, referees, and club personnel exactly what constitutes gambling, what is forbidden, and what is allowed, with or without caveats. Highlights:

• Gambling in the NFL consists of commercial gambling, whether it’s for profit, charity, or any other reason, if it involves 3rd parties like dealers or bookies.
  • The definition of gambling includes private wagers between teammates, family, and friends, or others!
  • Gambling consists of wagers made in person, remotely (by telephone or internet), or through 3rd party surrogates like bookies.
  • The NFL’s gambling policy prohibits anyone in the NFL from engaging in any type of gambling, in any club or league facility or venue, including practice facilities.
  • Allowed are prizes for players, referees, or staff in what are called “sponsored skills competitions,” like golf tournaments (provided there is no wagering on the final outcome).
  • In such instances, no money or items of value are to be wagered; and all proceeds from such events must be donated to legally recognized charities.
  • NFL players can play fantasy football, but they cannot win more than $250 per season of fantasy football.
Reading the entire LINK is whorthwhile.

Message to teammates and team........................1686270556250.png

*************************************************************************************

Tyreek Hill aims to break NFL’s single-season receiving yards record
Posted by Charean Williams on June 8, 2023, 5:55 PM EDT

Tyreek Hill broke the Dolphins’ single-season receiving yards record in his first season in Miami. His 119 catches were also a team record, and he went for 1,710 yards to break Mark Clayton’s 38-year-old team record for yards.

Hill wants more this season.

His goal is 2,000 yards, which would set the NFL record.

“Oh yeah, for sure [it’s a realistic goal],” Hill said, via Adam Beasley of profootballnetwork.com. “I think the added [17th] game gives me quite the advantage, so yeah.”

Hill still would have to average 117.6 in 17 games to reach 2,000 yards. He averaged a career-best 100.6 last season.

Calvin Johnson set the record of 1,964 yards in 16 games in 2012, nine years before the NFL went to 17 games.

“For me, not getting injured [is the key], coming in each and every day wanting to get better, wanting to be coached,” Hill said, “and I feel like I’ve got the right tools around me. I’ve got obviously the most accurate quarterback in the NFL. I’ve got one of the best head coaches in the NFL, and also my position coach is a monster. So, just having those three things and me just keeping the same mindset each and every day that I want to get better and I want to break the record, and I do want to break the record. So, I feel like this is one of those years that I can achieve it.”

The health of Tua Tagovailoa will play a big part in Hill’s chances of reaching 2,000 yards. The quarterback missed four games in 2022 with concussions, and Hill had three of his least productive games when Tagovailoa was sidelined.

The two are expected to continue their work on their own this offseason.

“I’m really hoping that Tua wants to go back to Hawaii because that way, I can sneak a vacation in with the family and also get some work in,” Hill said.

NFL Referee Gambling rules fall under the NFL rules for "NFL personnel."

Until the Raiders moved to Las Vegas, referees were not even allowed to visit Vegas.

Here's something that may interest some of your.

NFL Gambling Rules Trivia
The league has a gambling rules document that clearly outlines for players, referees, and club personnel exactly what constitutes gambling, what is forbidden, and what is allowed, with or without caveats. Highlights:

• Gambling in the NFL consists of commercial gambling, whether it’s for profit, charity, or any other reason, if it involves 3rd parties like dealers or bookies.
  • The definition of gambling includes private wagers between teammates, family, and friends, or others!
  • Gambling consists of wagers made in person, remotely (by telephone or internet), or through 3rd party surrogates like bookies.
  • The NFL’s gambling policy prohibits anyone in the NFL from engaging in any type of gambling, in any club or league facility or venue, including practice facilities.
  • Allowed are prizes for players, referees, or staff in what are called “sponsored skills competitions,” like golf tournaments (provided there is no wagering on the final outcome).
  • In such instances, no money or items of value are to be wagered; and all proceeds from such events must be donated to legally recognized charities.
  • NFL players can play fantasy football, but they cannot win more than $250 per season of fantasy football.
Reading the entire LINK is worthwhile.
Thanks for the link. It was pretty interesting.

I really don't understand all the talk from teams when they say things like, "We are really reinforcing the rules concerning gambling" or "We are having to really emphasize to our players what these gambling rules mean". Really? Is everyone really THAT stupid they don't get the one word when it comes to how you should approach gambling if you are "NFL Personnel"? "DON'T". Pretty easy word to remember, that shouldn't need to be emphasized or explained in greater detail. Just don't gamble.

There just seems to be some oddities about it as well. Stroud and Collins can't bet $10 on the outcome of the Ohio State Michigan game, but they can play in the same fantasy league where their teams are called the Buckeyes and Wolverines and win $250. Unless I read that wrong...

Wow
From the article:

Cook underwent shoulder surgery Feb. 14 in hopes of avoiding the chronic separations he has had. At the time, the Vikings said he would be fully recovered in time for the regular season. He had not been participating in the voluntary portion of the Vikings' offseason program, and the timing of his departure means there will be no clash over whether he reports for mandatory minicamp later this month.
The Vikings and the media is not reporting his injury history correctly. Cook has never sustained repeated shoulder separations. He has only suffered one, in 2019. But he has suffered numerous (at least 7 that I have found documented) left shoulder dislocations (each with labrum tears) dating back to 2014, for which he has had to routinely wear a shoulder harness. You can be sure that these dislocations have left him with a progressively well-damaged labrum. His last dislocation week 3 last season left him with additional significant acute labrum tears which extended with his continued play. His left labrum repair surgery performed this past February has been reported with the expected "It was successful and he is progressing in the right direction." But let's keep this in mind....................1] Labrum surgery for combined chronic and acute labrum injuries is far from predictable..................2]His history guarantees that he has suffered significant articular cartilage injury to his shoulder joint, likely some bone-on-bone areas, and undoubtedly (after his 9 year shoulder history) significant arthritic changes to the joint..................3] His style of play........using his left arm for straight arming AND his left shoulder as a battering ram.

There is good reason for the Vikings to be looking to offload Cook........and the main reason is NOT tanking. Not even taking into account his extensive injury history besides his shoulder events, Cook will be 28 years old in 2 months...............his body is now well beyond his stated age.

There is good reason for the Vikings to be looking to offload Cook........and the main reason is NOT tanking. Not even taking into account his extensive injury history besides his shoulder events, Cook will be 28 years old in 2 months...............his body is now well beyond his stated age.
There are always good reasons to dump players. But one reason not to is the Vikings don't have anyone to replace Cook. They re-signed his backup, Mattison, who had never shown to be anything but a backup. And they drafted a RB in the 7th round. With Cook, the Vikings were 27th in rushing. They needed to get better, to keep the pass rush off Cousins. Instead, they've gotten worse.

That 13-4 record for the Vikes in 2022 was a mirage. Here's one of last year's playoff teams that will drop out in 2023. Detroit Lions, you're the new NFC Central champs.

The Patriots have reported that Deandre Hopkins is coming in for a visit.

Neither Titans or Patriots were on Hopkins' list of preferred teams/QBs. These visits tell me that Hopkins is not about winning..............He's simply about the money..............and at this point, it seems as though ANY money.

Obviously his "Preferred" teams, are not reciprocating his feelings.
Those teams must not be aware that in 2023 when someone prefers something, it means you have to give it to them.

Odd...

Reactions: JB
Will Jacobs go full Le’Veon Bell and sit out the season?

I loathe the devaluation of running backs as mush as anyone. It was the absolute king of kings position when I was growing up and playing and learning about the game. Barry, Emmitt, Thurman, Faulk, etc and all the hosses that came before them. They were IT.

That said, the game is always evolving just like other games. The low-post player is a dinosaur in basketball traded out for a 3 point shooter in basketball. The hit for average and manufacture a run hitter is a ghost traded out for the guy who hits for .250 but has a high exit velo and can go yard in baseball. 3 yards and a cloud of dust has been traded out for skilled pass catchers in high concept passing offenses. You can't dictate strategies to teams.

But I also think there's still value in being able to consistently run the ball, because duh. It's just that (and like the article mentioned) there's just more supply versus demand in the market to get that job done. We drafted a RB in the 4th round and he wasn't just immediately penciled in to start and produce right away but he's now looked at as a key cog in the offense moving forward. The problem is how far forward as his replacement is no more than 3 years away from a dearth of prospects. The position is mostly fungible from year to year.

I like the notion of rewarding RBs on their rookie deal with incentivized money from a league pool. Let the guys who produce earn while they still can. I wonder if taking the franchise tag off the position would also help. And perhaps allowing them to renegotiate their deals a year earlier than other positions as well. If they can lock up an extra couple of years a year sooner that might allow them to maximize their earning potential before it's too late.

The Alabama approach is why so many of their players come out elite. The NFL in time regresses many of the gains. The rules have neutered coaches.
1686573519448.png

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jahmyr Gibbs: NFL practices don’t try to kill us, Nick Saban did
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 12, 2023, 4:28 AM EDT

The Lions took running back Jahmyr Gibbs out of Alabama in the first round of the 2023 NFL draft, and after getting a taste for what work is like in the NFL, Gibbs has concluded that it’s easier than at Alabama.
Gibbs was asked to compare an NFL practice with the practices Nick Saban ran at Alabama, and Gibbs said in the NFL the coaches are just trying to help you get better. Saban was trying to drive them to the brink.

“Saban, we’re probably hitting every day. Full pads, in the heat for two hours. Here, we get good work in, but they don’t try to kill us. He did,” Gibbs said.

Gibbs is not the first former Alabama player to opine that practice is easier in the NFL. Saban is known for running a grueling strength and conditioning program and full-contact practices.

NFL players are represented by a union that has negotiated with the NFL about practice rules that limit how much work players are required to do in the offseason, and strictly limit contact in the offseason. College football players have no union and coaches have more freedom to run practices like drill sergeants.

The position is mostly fungible from year to year.
It is, because colleges still produce RBs for the NFL. And high schools for colleges.

But what happens when colleges devalue RBs the way the NFL does? And high schools just move toward the passing game? Then RBs become scarce. The 3 point shot changed the game of basketball forever. Unless the court enlarges and the 3 point shot is moved back, that's going to be what basketball looks like moving forward. 5 guys that can shoot 3 pointers. Some may be 7 ft, but they are not post players. Some athletes in the future may look like RBs. But they will be pass catchers. The end of the running game is on the horizon.

The Alabama approach is why so many of their players come out elite. The NFL in time regresses many of the gains. The rules have neutered coaches.
The difference is that if something happens in practice to a star player, Saban has another 5 star guy right behind him. No big deal. In the NFL, something happens to a guy with a 50+ million guaranteed contract, there's not another $50 million player sitting right behind him. Every NFL coach would like a team of all stars backed up by another team of all stars. It's just not happening.

I loathe the devaluation of running backs as mush as anyone. It was the absolute king of kings position when I was growing up and playing and learning about the game. Barry, Emmitt, Thurman, Faulk, etc and all the hosses that came before them. They were IT.
Clearly there's nothing mysterious about it because the devaluation of the RB is a function of the evolution/increased importance of the passing game in the NFL: this year the top two picks in the Draft, three of the top four were QBs while only one back was taken in the top ten and that apparently was because he was dual purpose, a capable receiver in addition to being an excellent RB.

The running game has changed in more ways than one.
Many of the all time greats also had fullbacks on the roster leading the way into the hole.
Now there are no fullbacks and RB's are expected to run between the tackles without a lead blocker.

Is Emmitt, Emmitt without Daryl Johnson?
Sanders hit 2000 yards with a fullback in front of him.

I find it intriguing there is this thought of devaluing the RB position while coaches still say you need the running game to set up the passing game.

This is the average yards per regular season game rushing for the last 10 SB winners.

2013 Seahawks - 136.8 YPG
2014 Patriots - 107.9 YPG
2015 Broncos - 107.4 YPG
2016 Patriots - 117.0 YPG
2017 Eagles - 132.2 YPG
2018 Patriots - 127.3 YPG
2019 Chiefs - 98.1 YPG
2020 Buccaneers - 94.9 YPG
2021 Rams - 99.0 YPG
2022 Chiefs - 115.9 YPG

Overall average yards per game was 113.65. So even in this pass oriented league getting at least 100 yards a game rushing is an integral part of winning a championship.

The difference is that if something happens in practice to a star player, Saban has another 5 star guy right behind him. No big deal. In the NFL, something happens to a guy with a 50+ million guaranteed contract, there's not another $50 million player sitting right behind him. Every NFL coach would like a team of all stars backed up by another team of all stars. It's just not happening.
Oh, my bad, I forgot that the NFL is foremost concerned about securing the safety of their players. :chef:

Not the NFL but the players union yes. One of any unions basic principles is workplace safety & players are understandably interested in leaving the NFL without being crippled.

I miss the old NFL but I don't blame players for looking after their health.

As a side note back in late 70s when I played HS football in Houston the coaches would not even let people drink water during practice.

Clearly there's nothing mysterious about it because the devaluation of the RB is a function of the evolution/increased importance of the passing game in the NFL: this year the top two picks in the Draft, three of the top four were QBs while only one back was taken in the top ten and that apparently was because he was dual purpose, a capable receiver in addition to being an excellent RB.

Was there supposed to be something mysterious about it?

Back