Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

49ers releases LB Reuben Foster after domestic abuse arrest in Tampa.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-tampa-domestic-violence-charge?platform=amp

TAMPA, Fla. -- The San Francisco 49ers are releasing linebacker Reuben Foster after he was arrested late Saturday night at the team hotel on a charge of misdemeanor domestic violence.

The arrest report from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office said Foster was arrested Saturday at 9:10 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Tampa and booked into jail two hours later. Foster's bond was set at $2,000 during a bail hearing Sunday morning along with orders to avoid any contact with the accuser.

Foster's latest arrest comes on the heels of a tumultuous offseason in which he was arrested on charges of felony domestic violence stemming from a February incident at his home in Los Gatos.

Niners general manager John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan stood by Foster as the previous domestic violence case played out but both were emphatic that any more issues would likely result in Foster's release.

On Sunday morning, the 49ers followed through on that.

NFL on ESPN‏Verified account@ESPNNFL 2h2 hours ago
The Browns had lost 25 straight road games prior to Sunday. Baker Mayfield ended that streak
1f4aa.png

On SNF, Tony Dungy (predictably) announced he "is going with the Colts..." but so did his SNF cohort.
If Texans beat Titans on MNF, which I think they will, they will be 8-3, 2 games clear of the Colts and one game up in the division.
Both teams have 3 games left in the division. If the Texans do win on Monday, it will be very difficult for the Colts to overtake them as we finish the season with Jags. Texans and Colts have similarly "easy" schedules the rest of the way as well.
So my question is, were these TV pundits a little premature, showing homerism, or just ignoring/underestimating the Texans again?

On SNF, Tony Dungy (predictably) announced he "is going with the Colts..." but so did his SNF cohort.
If Texans beat Titans on MNF, which I think they will, they will be 8-3, 2 games clear of the Colts and one game up in the division.
Both teams have 3 games left in the division. If the Texans do win on Monday, it will be very difficult for the Colts to overtake them as we finish the season with Jags. Texans and Colts have similarly "easy" schedules the rest of the way as well.
So my question is, were these TV pundits a little premature, showing homerism, or just ignoring/underestimating the Texans again?
No national media buys into houston as a superbowl contender. But they all acknowledge its their division to lose. Which is how most of us feel. We are the 3 seed currently. A bye week is within reach

No national media buys into houston as a superbowl contender. But they all acknowledge its their division to lose. Which is how most of us feel. We are the 3 seed currently. A bye week is within reach
Texans do have something going for them which I think the media pundits are underestimating and that is Texans defense. If they stay intact, they can win a lions share of the games left to us and the offense still has a lot of improvement in it.

Both teams have 3 games left in the division.
The Texans 3 division games are at home. The Colts 3 division games are on the road, Any professional football analyst should know this and realize it is a huge advantage for Houston. And then there's Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison. If they put the same amount of effort into their NFL careers as their show prep, they would have been cut in their 1st training camp.

Last edited:
Texans do have something going for them which I think the media pundits are underestimating and that is Texans defense. If they stay intact, they can win a lions share of the games left to us and the offense still has a lot of improvement in it.

Normally I'd like to avoid New England until the AFCCG. this year, I'd rather face New England before KC. I don't think our defense is good enough to give our offense a chance.

Jags bench Bortles for Cody Kessler.

Could this be the end of Blake Bortles in Jacksonville?

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone announced Monday that the veteran passer has been benched in favor of backup Cody Kessler.

The switch comes on the heels of the team's ugly 24-21 loss to Buffalo, but also on the back end of seven straight losses for a squad many expected to compete for the AFC crown.

"I'm making this change to give us an opportunity to win a football game," Marrone said, per John Reid of the Florida Times Union. "Cody knows the offense ... and I talked to him on what's expected of him."

Marrone refused to bury Bortles, saying: "Any time you're losing, it's not just on one person. It's on everyone, and, obviously, when I say that, I understand and take responsibility for those as far as being the head coach."
This was a long time coming. As a Texans fan, I'm happy about the switch. Maybe the Jags can be competitive against the Colts and Titans coming up the next 2 weeks.

Cards cut vet starters Smith and Benwikere.

After getting blown out on Sunday, the Arizona Cardinals are making personnel changes.

The team announced Monday that it cut right tackle Andre Smith and corner Bene Benwikere.

Both players started eight games this season and were in the starting lineup in Sunday's debacle in Los Angeles.

While neither Smith or Benwikere are difference-makers, it's uncharacteristic for a team to jettison non-injured starting players at this stage in the season, especially teams that lack quality depth.
Any interest for the Texans? While I realize these guys aren't superstars, they do play positions (OT, CB) where the Texans could use some vet depth.

Cards cut vet starters Smith and Benwikere.

Any interest for the Texans? While I realize these guys aren't superstars, they do play positions (OT, CB) where the Texans could use some vet depth.
from the article you linked....
Monday's cuts signal offseason whiffs by the front office. General manager Steve Keim gave Smith a two-year contract in the offseason with $3.5 million in guarantees. He was not the answer the Cards hoped for a struggling offensive line. Smith struggled even when healthy, including giving up a pair of sacks Sunday. It's telling that a team that struggles to block and doesn't own great depth wouldn't even care to keep Smith around as insurance.

This tells me 'no' on Smith. But maybe we could take a look at Benwikere

Colts TE Jack Doyle sustained a kidney laceration in the last game. It stopped bleeding and therefore did not require surgery. But his season will be over.

Just turned this Thursday night game on and saw that Xavier Su’a Filo is still trash or if nothing else a slot below or at average.

Last edited:
Colts TE Jack Doyle sustained a kidney laceration in the last game. It stopped bleeding and therefore did not require surgery. But his season will be over.

Never want to cheer a rivals injuries but this takes a weapon away from Luck especially that friggin TE seam route in zone. Now if Ebron could come down with a nasty hangnail......

Dallas is showing the veracity of the old adage "defense wins championships".
Energetic, eager smothering defense keeping the vaunted Saints O scoreless through the first quarter and a half.

If Su’a Filo is doing well in Dallas does this mean we need a new OL coach?

Dallas has surprised me this game. I thought for sure the Saints were going to blow them out.

Dallas has surprised me this game. I thought for sure the Saints were going to blow them out.

Sua Filo is not doing good. He just got stood up and pushed back into Prescott causing a fumble when Prescott re cocked. Because we let him go I’m watching him. He’s been beat 5 times

Sua Filo is not doing good. He just got stood up and pushed back into Prescott causing a fumble when Prescott re cocked. Because we let him go I’m watching him. He’s been beat 5 times

Yeah I saw that a few minutes after I posted. lol

Dallas’ defense is a lot better than I thought it was. I guess that means our team was facing a good team.

So far the Cowboys have held the Saints to 0 points in the first half. Drew Brees has 31 yards passing.

This is what Mr teX (forgive me if I'm overstepping) was talking about. This is real. Now the Saints have always scored a lot of points, but these "progressive" offenses, like the Wildcat, will eventually get shut down.

Now that doesn't mean the Rams & the Chiefs won't be able to ride this tide to a Superbowl this year or next, but sooner or later, they'll get figured out.

Saints being g held to 31 passing yards in the first half... gives me play off hopes. Winning in the play offs, the way the team is currently constructed.

Last edited:
So far the Cowboys have held the Saints to 10 points in the first half. Drew Brees has 31 yards passing.

This is what Mr teX (forgive me if I'm overstepping) was talking about. This is real. Now the Saints have always scored a lot of points, but these "progressive" offenses, like the Wildcat, will eventually get shut down.

Now that doesn't mean the Rams & the Chiefs won't be able to ride this tide to a Superbowl this year or next, but sooner or later, they'll get figured out.

Saints being g held to 31 passing yards in the first half... gives me play off Hope's. Winning in the play offs, the way the team is currently constructed.

Spot on. I was VERY interested to see if DAL could play this type of game and execute it to the finish. This says a lot about what seems like will never change in the NFL and I don’t even have to say what that is......

Dallas' defense is the real deal.

That was a horribly officiated football game. Jaylon Smith should have been freakin ejected for his missile launch at Kamara on the sideline.
Beasley was given a first down when he was a yard short, clearly. Payton had no challenges left.
Missed a blatant face mask on Dak. I could go on and on.

Didn’t watch the game but really surprised NO lost this one to Dallas.

I've been looking forward to this game for a couple of weeks. Their defense looked good when they played us. But they took a giant step up since Vander Esh' s role in the defense increased & solidified.

That defense is the real deal.

I didn't think the Cowboys would win, but I thought it was going to be a good game.

& I dont think he realized how fast Jaylon Smith is. Can't run away from that dude. & with Vander Esh on the other side.... ummm ummm um

Throwing it away moves higher on the option chart.

Pretty amazing given we were told ad nauseam how long the odds were that he'd have much of a career following his injury. Glad he bucked the doubters and football didn't lose out on such a crazy talent.

Last edited:
Now I'm not the fan that complains on the regular about not getting national love but it's hilarious that all the talking head shows are debating today if the Cowboys are a SB contender after last night but our team is thrown away as not having really played anyone. Some things never change.....

Reactions: JB
& I dont think he realized how fast Jaylon Smith is. Can't run away from that dude. & with Vander Esh on the other side.... ummm ummm um

Throwing it away moves higher on the option chart.

Smith is a freak. I heard Smith say this morning on the DP Show that his max bench press is 490lbs. That's amazing given his wing span.

Not a good move by Kareem Hunt. Originally reported in Feb, the domestic violence video has been made public.

NFL's Kareem Hunt Brutalizes and Kicks Woman ... In Hotel Video

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The League can't ever seem to take appropriate action until things go public.

Commissioner Exempt list was the only practical option for Kareem Hunt
November 30, 2018, 7:10 PM EST

Never mind the fact that the NFL knew or should have known about the contents of the TMZ video that emerged out of the blue on Friday afternoon. The rest of us didn’t, and once we did the NFL had to act.

And the NFL did the only thing it could, placing Hunt on paid leave (via the Commissioner Exempt list) pending the completion of the league’s investigation and disciplinary process.

With a sudden urgency to keep Hunt off the field given the P.R. firestorm that emerged after the publication of the video, only days after Washington committed a blatant unforced error by making a waivers claim for linebacker Reuben Foster, the NFL couldn’t have suspended Hunt without pay, because the process of imposing discipline and resolving all appeals under the Personal Conduct Policy would have taken more than two days.

So Hunt will be paid to not play until further notice, with a Personal Conduct Policy review followed by a proposed punishment followed by an appeal. Which could mean that, with only 30 days left in the regular season, Hunt likely will miss most of the remainder of the regular season and postseason, depending on the number of games he’s suspended without pay.

The swift action, compelled only by the public emergence of the video and nothing more, does nothing to answer the deeper questions of whether the NFL and/or the Chiefs knew about the video and, if so, why Hunt wasn’t previously suspended. Those dominos can fall in a variety of directions, with a broad range of potential consequences.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

KC can say goodbye to Hunt for at least this season........and, my guess, for longer.

Last edited:
Wow! How stupid do these athletes have to be?

And bold move by KC. Maybe that gets these guys thinking a little bit. Maybe.

The Chiefs now have another big problem besides the loss of Hunt..............Sammy Watkins just got ruled out for his foot injury...........I'm heavily suspecting that he is on his way to yet a 3rd Jones fracture reconstruction.

Back