Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Winston gets drafted, then tweets...

crab-man.png

“That photo, I had to thank Capt. Keith [Colburn] from The Deadliest Catch and that was just a thank you to him,” Winston said. “It was a big moment for my family that we got to share with each other. I would just like to thank him for donating those crab legs to our party.”
“I wasn’t thinking what would come from it,” Winston said. “I was just showing thanks to a dear friend of mine that I was blessed to have him provide the party for my family with the crab legs.”

While Winston wasn’t specifically asked whether the team advised him to take down the photo, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reported that it did...

“That’s the only reason I took the picture down,” Winston said. “I didn’t want any negative publicity for this day, because it took it away from this whole organization and my family. I never would have expected that.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ains-decision-to-post-delete-crab-legs-photo/

My bad. :tiphat:

I'm not a Florida fan. Never thought we would or could get Winston. Your certainly on this is baffling to me.

WATCHOUT deez colege edumacated grama police goin getcha fo not usin propa wordz an ****,

Certainly I know what you meant. Im not certain he did anything except make one idiotic poor judgment call after another and another and another. He's shown no remorse and obviously hasn't matured one bit after all he's been through. After all he has put his team and school through.

As far as the school goes, I lost any respect I had for them when they handled the whole situation. They proved winning football games is the more important to them than doing the right thing. PATHETIC!!!!!

Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum

Yeah... whatever.
Didn't see many of those boosters moving to get him expelled. Didn't hear Bowden standing going to the media with this attitude when Winston was bringing the team back from behind in all those games. Maybe they did but I don't recall seeing any outrage when he was winning.
This after-the-fact self-righteousness smells a bit hypocritical.

Yeah... whatever.
Didn't see many of those boosters moving to get him expelled. Didn't hear Bowden standing going to the media with this attitude when Winston was bringing the team back from behind in all those games. Maybe they did but I don't recall seeing any outrage when he was winning.

Sure it's hypocritical on their part but it doesn't change or make his behavior acceptable (to anyone who doesn't put winning football games ahead of doing the right thing).

Sure it's hypocritical on their part but it doesn't change or make his behavior acceptable (to anyone who doesn't put winning football games ahead of doing the right thing).

then you agree with my point, if they had issues with Winston, they should have gone public with them WHILE he was representing the university, not after he was no longer of use to them

Yeah... whatever.

Almost laughable from Bodwen since FSU does not exactly have a reputation as a high character football program to start with ...largely based some of the stuff that happened when he was coach.

Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum
"I think it's a consensus among Florida State fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university," Bowden said. "He won a lot of ballgames, probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is he's young enough to get over that. He just can't make those junior high school decisions that he made when he was in college."

I should have sought out the complete quote. Bit different. Not as news-y.
pardon.gif

then you agree with my point, if they had issues with Winston, they should have gone public with them WHILE he was representing the university, not after he was no longer of use to them

I'd they had issues with him, he shouldn't have been representing their university. He was only an embarrassment because they let him.

Absolutely I do .... They shoulda sent the kid packing if they had a problem with his behavior and how it represented their institution.

I'd they had issues with him, he shouldn't have been representing their university. He was only an embarrassment because they let him.

Gotta split hairs here ....

He'd still have been an embarrassment to himself.. They just let him embarrass the school while he was at it.

Absolutely I do .... They shoulda sent the kid packing if they had a problem with his behavior and how it represented their institution.

Gotta split hairs here ....

He'd still have been an embarrassment to himself.. They just let him embarrass the school while he was at it.

yeah to the tune of how any millions did they let him embarrass them? Not just for any kid do they turn a blind eye...

Back