Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I'm rooting for the Texans to lose today

If this team makes it to the play offs from where we are, it ain't backing into the play offs.

Winning this division is getting a gold medal in the Special Olympics.

So backing in, limping in, stumbling in, being dragged in kicking and screaming ... I don't know what you'd personally call it, but it ain't much for me to get too enthusiastic about.

So when he does draft a kid do you expect him to light up the world? I mean we gonna go Into year 3 with OB and if he does draft a kid how long do we wait on the kid and OB to get their **** straight? If anything OB has robbed us of two years

I've been saying that for two years. :)

Most wanted the no brainer, no risk pick. That was half right.

What gets me is with Kubiak winning in Denver with a GM that has a plan and full support of ownership to do whatever it takes to win, why dont these posters put their full wrath where it firmly belongs with the McNair's and Smith?

Mainly because I think there are things Elway & the Broncos can do that no GM & the Texans can do.

Yeah, Peyton said he wanted to play here, but I bet he'd have demanded more money, more control, or some other extra he didn't demand from the Broncos.

I also think you would applaud Elway for sending a first round pick to Cleveland for Joe Thomas & a 4th, but crucify Smith for the same deal.

How do you know the McNairs & Rick aren't doing everything they could to get the talent here that's needed to win, without doing anything stupid? We offered Pierre Thomas league minimum? Should we have offered more? Would he make that much difference?

Am I saying we should praise McNair for every step they take? No. But to think I know better... that I see something he doesn't. Just doesn't make sense.

Like I'm sure there are several 49ers fans who can't believe management couldn't work it out with Harbaugh. But I'm sure they did everything they could, within what they consider reason. But we don't know what it was that was outside of that reason. If we knew, I bet we'd all say, well yeah, of course you let that freak walk.

Same thing with McNair. Most people like us think he can wave a stack of cash at Cowher & get him in here. Check Cowher said he wAnts to be here. But for all we know, he may have had a conversation with McNair & he asked for part ownership.

It doesn't matter, if any of that makes sense or if it's feasible, reasonable, likely, or whatever. The point is in our world we can think up an idea & make that our reality. For instance, I might think it would be a good idea to hire Eliot Wolfe & give him complete control of football matters. I can't think of a reason he wouldn't come. So now my reality is that McNair can't bring himself to give up that control, or he doesn't have an eye for talent, or that he knows less about football than some couch potato.

Reality may be that McNair has met Eliot Wolfe & thinks he's a pompous spoiled brat who has never had to do anything & wouldn't trust him to run for McDonald's much less run an NFL franchise.

There are people in the NFLl right now who have won championships in the past, but can't seem to field a competitive team right now. that McNair hasn't won one in 13 years isn't as bad as y'all make it out to be.

Lots of conjecture and giving the McNair's the benefit of the doubt that they haven't earned in this post. The McNair's can do whatever they want. If they wanted Manning they could have given hi what he wanted. They chose not to do this and are paying the price of these decisions.

Since the Texans dont have their QB I wouldn't do the Thomas trade. If the Texans had Peyton on the roster you better believe I would trade 2 hopes (1st/4th rd picks) for the best LT in the NFL.

Like I said before not signing P. Thomas saved the McNair's a few bucks and left the team Blue/Polk/Grimes etc... when Foster went down. Thomas would've been the best RB on the roster. Look at the Cards as an example, Ellington and David Johnson were banged up this preseason and the Cards spent the $$$ on C.Johnson to give them a deep RB corps when Ellington/D.Johnson got healthy. Hope the McNair's enjoy stashing away the extra cash.

The York's didn't want to pay Harbaugh longterm extension and are currently paying the price for this decision. Players are jumping off the 49ers ship at an alarming rate and that was before the season started. Can you blame them after how management treated Harbaugh. Cowher is a moot point he likes his cshy TV job and has been out of the game too long.

If the McNair's want Eliot Wolfe all they have to do is offer him total control and make him the highest paid G in the NFL. This will never happen So, yes it could happen if the McNair's want to step up to the plate with the big boys. The McNair's will most likely promote Gaine if the fire Smith. I like Gaine but he will also fail if the McNair's handcuff him or pull another Ed Reed stunt.

Bad is a relative term, a bad season is bad for all fans but worse for some than others. Particularly those who have invested in season tickets since the teams inception and are looking at yet another rebuild.

If the McNair's want Eliot Wolfe all they have to do is offer him total control and make him the highest paid G in the NFL. This will never happen So, yes it could happen if the McNair's want to step up to the plate with the big boys. The McNair's will most likely promote Gaine if the fire Smith. I like Gaine but he will also fail if the McNair's handcuff him or pull another Ed Reed stunt.

Bad is a relative term, a bad season is bad for all fans but worse for some than others. Particularly those who have invested in season tickets since the teams inception and are looking at yet another rebuild.

What has Eliot Wolfe done in his career to justify him being the top paid GM in the league? Can't you at least be reasonable in your hatred/disdain of all things McNair? Would you make some apprentice plumber the highest paid supervisor in the city (much less just your company) based on the whims of wannabeknowitalls? Try to be realistic in your demands of something you and I (and all other fans) have no control over.

It could be worse... imagine investing in season tickets for the Browns/Dolphins/Chargers/Raiders/Cardinals (except for one year)/Vikings for the what last how many umpteen years?

Winning this division is getting a gold medal in the Special Olympics.

So backing in, limping in, stumbling in, being dragged in kicking and screaming ... I don't know what you'd personally call it, but it ain't much for me to get too enthusiastic about.

We've won three games so far. Losing four out of five games to teams that finished 2014 with a losing record.

If we somehow finish 8-8, we'd have to win 5 games against a schedule where 4 of the teams are at .500 or better. We'll have to beat one of those teams & the Colts in Indy to get into the play offs. (Or two teams with winning records... or three)..

If we're playing like crap & win the division because the other teams just screwed up worse, then yeah. That's backing in & we shouldn't expect much. But if we're actually getting better & hit our stride when the play offs start, there's plenty to get excited about.

Thunderkyss, always the optimist. I'll bet Thunderkyss would still pet his cat after it scratched his best recliner.

Funny how the victors get to write history isn't it? If the Colonists would have failed at their rebellion against their country of birth then George Washington and company would have been the infamous traitors.

England would have had to change the way they ruled the colonies because of the fact they were so independent minded. A strong hand would have lasted only so long. If the colonies would have lost the war, they might have stayed with England, but the rest of the North American continent would have gone it's way without England ending up in a form completely unrecognizable by us today.

Thunderkyss, always the optimist. I'll bet Thunderkyss would still pet his cat after it scratched his best recliner.

I'm not being optimistic. I don't think we'll win those 5 games to get us to 8-8, or 6 games we need just to get to 9 wins.

I'm just saying if we do, it's not backing in. I figured we'd win 5 games with Hoyer starting & Arian out for most of the season. Titans & Jags. If Geno is playing for the Jets then it's likely (not definite) that we'd win 6 games this season.

No... no optimism here. Sorry.

We've won three games so far. Losing four out of five games to teams that finished 2014 with a losing record.

If we somehow finish 8-8, we'd have to win 5 games against a schedule where 4 of the teams are at .500 or better. We'll have to beat one of those teams & the Colts in Indy to get into the play offs. (Or two teams with winning records... or three)..

If we're playing like crap & win the division because the other teams just screwed up worse, then yeah. That's backing in & we shouldn't expect much. But if we're actually getting better & hit our stride when the play offs start, there's plenty to get excited about.

Yes tk, if we go on a run of winning games and respectably barrel our way into the playoffs an actual contender I'll be enthusiastic. I'll be doing backflips down Kirby. I didn't think anyone was making that a legit consideration though. Certainly not this season and certainly not in a thread where the idea was whether people would rather the team lose more to square up better draft odds or win a couple more and befuddle their way into a playoff one & out.

I didn't think my post you quoted needed that much context either.

What has Eliot Wolfe done in his career to justify him being the top paid GM in the league? Can't you at least be reasonable in your hatred/disdain of all things McNair? Would you make some apprentice plumber the highest paid supervisor in the city (much less just your company) based on the whims of wannabeknowitalls? Try to be realistic in your demands of something you and I (and all other fans) have no control over.

It could be worse... imagine investing in season tickets for the Browns/Dolphins/Chargers/Raiders/Cardinals (except for one year)/Vikings for the what last how many umpteen years?

Why is it that because disagree about the way the McNair's run the franchise I hate them. (I dont have hatred for anybody on this earth) Do you hate the McNairs because of how they let AJ go? You probably disagree with their actions but dont hate them personally.

He has done nothing, I was just pointing out to TK if McNair wanted Wolf he could get him. Even though Wolf has more connections around the NFL than Rick has. I have very little doubt Eliot Wolf would do a better job of putting a better product on the field than Rick has and as a fan I want the best on field product as possible.

What would you pay Ron Wolf (Eliot's dad) to be in charge and running the Texans like he did the Packers? He would be a great resource for the Texans org if the McNair's hired Eliot. (Never gonna happen.)

What has Eliot Wolfe done in his career to justify him being the top paid GM in the league?

What had Rick Smith done to justify being a GM in this league? Dude was an assistance defensive backs coach, and then Director of Pro Personnel. That's it.

As far as Eliot Wolf, just look at his pedigree. Dude grew up with a father who is in the Pro Football HoF as a GM. He filed his first scouting report with a pro team at 14 years old! (According to his bio, he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau when he was 10 years old. He's been groomed for the position.)

And with regards to paying him top dollar, that's the only way you can convince a guy to leave a franchise like the Packers to come to a franchise like the Texans. It's as simple as incentive.

What had Rick Smith done to justify being a GM in this league? Dude was an assistance defensive backs coach, and then Director of Pro Personnel. That's it.

As far as Eliot Wolf, just look at his pedigree. Dude grew up with a father who is in the Pro Football HoF as a GM. He filed his first scouting report with a pro team at 14 years old! (According to his bio, he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau when he was 10 years old. He's been groomed for the position.)

And with regards to paying him top dollar, that's the only way you can convince a guy to leave a franchise like the Packers to come to a franchise like the Texans. It's as simple as incentive.

But as of yet, he hasn't done anything other than be "groomed". You're willing to back the Brinks truck up to his front door and give him complete control over this organization, based on pedigree and potential. Not saying that he couldn't be a great GM. Not saying that he won't be a great GM. But dang, you guys are quick to name him the greatest ever and he has never been a GM a day in his life. Temper the circle je- er, enthusiasm a bit. Scouting reports at 14 =/= greatest GM ever.

And who in their right mind would leave the Packers to come here? It's not always about money.

But as of yet, he hasn't done anything other than be "groomed". You're willing to back the Brinks truck up to his front door and give him complete control over this organization, based on pedigree and potential. Not saying that he couldn't be a great GM. Not saying that he won't be a great GM. But dang, you guys are quick to name him the greatest ever and he has never been a GM a day in his life. Temper the circle je- er, enthusiasm a bit. Scouting reports at 14 =/= greatest GM ever.

And who in their right mind would leave the Packers to come here? It's not always about money.

See this is where you got it wrong, nobody said Eliot would be the greatest G ever. They have just said he has a great pedigree and would be an upgrade over Rick.

As to why Eliot would consider becoming the Texans GM. Like most things in life CASH speaks loudly and total control seals the deal.

See this is where you got it wrong, nobody said Eliot would be the greatest G ever. They have just said he has a great pedigree and would be an upgrade over Rick.

As to why Eliot would consider becoming the Texans GM. Like most things in life CASH speaks loudly and total control seals the deal.

So with zero GM experience, you're willing to give him total control and more than likely make him the highest paid GM in the league (realistically what it would take to pry him away) and you don't think that comes across as "greatest ever" territory?

What does paying a guy like E Wolf the highest GM salary in the league matter to a guy with McNair's bottom line? Why should that stop him if he believes the guy can sculpt a winner here?

So with zero GM experience, you're willing to give him total control and more than likely make him the highest paid GM in the league (realistically what it would take to pry him away) and you don't think that comes across as "greatest ever" territory?

I disagree with the 'zero experience' you're supporting. As GM yes, but he's been in an NFL front office officially for 11 years and is the current Director of Player Personnel. Unofficially he's been in an NFL front office for 20+ years. That's real experience for the job he'd be doing. I'd personally like a little more diversity in his resume, guys who've only been with one organization can get a bit stubborn on how things are supposed to be, usually to everyone's detriment. And no I don't think it even hints at 'greatest anything', it's simply the price of doing business.

Well, it's not my Brinks truck. :fingergun:

All I want, liking everyone else, is a consistently winning team. We have not seen this with Rick Smith in the past decade.

Eliot Wolf is a name that has been thrown around, but he's certainly not the only one that has potential to be qualified for the job.

Nobody has named him the greatest ever. What is being said is a guy like Wolf has much greater potential than the now-known qualifications of Rick Smith. Smith might be a decent numbers guy, but he's obviously not a good talent evaluator.

I doubt Wolf will leave the Packers for any amount of money. I know I wouldn't, especially if the Packers GM position is eventually mine. And I certainly would not leave for a perpetually hapless franchise.

That said, it is McNair's responsibility - not our's - to find competent football minds if he really wants a championship team. Not a team that sometimes makes it to the playoffs, but one that sees an annual playoff trip as just another brick in the road to the ultimate destination.

Well, it's not my Brinks truck. :fingergun:

All I want, liking everyone else, is a consistently winning team. We have not seen this with Rick Smith in the past decade.

Eliot Wolf is a name that has been thrown around, but he's certainly not the only one that has potential to be qualified for the job.

Nobody has named him the greatest ever. What is being said is a guy like Wolf has much greater potential than the now-known qualifications of Rick Smith. Smith might be a decent numbers guy, but he's obviously not a good talent evaluator.

I doubt Wolf will leave the Packers for any amount of money. I know I wouldn't, especially if the Packers GM position is eventually mine. And I certainly would not leave for a perpetually hapless franchise.

That said, it is McNair's responsibility - not our's - to find competent football minds if he really wants a championship team. Not a team that sometimes makes it to the playoffs, but one that sees an annual playoff trip as just another brick in the road to the ultimate destination.

What makes Elliot Wolfe so great? Wins? I'd say that has a whole lot more to do with Rogers greatness being able to mask holes on their team over the years than it has been any greatness of the GM. With an elite QB like Rogers, certain problems you see on a team like the Texans don't look nearly as problematic, because you're still getting wins. I'm not saying he hasn't been good either though. I'm just saying that Rogers is making that guy look good. If Rogers was on the Texans I think we're no worse than 5-3 personally. It would be a lot easier to win around Rogers with this current team we have now for the next 5 years as well. Whatever GM we would have would likely get a big increase in name recognition and as a good success.

If the Texans fire OB, then I really don't know what coaches are currently available that really intrigue me. If Rick Smith were to be fired, I'd be happy with tons of guys due to the long term history of Smith being worthless. Just getting rid of him would make my day. I just hope we don't go after someone else ineffective. Bill Parcells would be my first choice. I wouldn't mind seeing if Cowher was interested in being a GM now since he has been away for a while. I'd like to know who the hell has been assisting Elway with structuring their cap the last 4 years, because they've done one hell of a job at being able to bring all these guys in as FA's. A lot of people whine about FA's, and are afraid of their team signing quality vets due to bad signings in the past, but Elway has managed to sign a lot of quality guys year after year now helping to fill holes on his team. Last year before the season started I stated that the Broncos had one of the best teams I'd ever seen on paper with all the talent they added to the defense on top of the offense that was loaded. They've continued on through this off season, and just added a quality TE to help Manning. They've done a spectacular job at managing their cap.

Last edited:
What makes Elliot Wolfe so great? Wins? I'd say that has a whole lot more to do with Rogers greatness being able to mask holes on their team over the years than it has been any greatness of the GM. With an elite QB like Rogers, certain problems you see on a team like the Texans don't look nearly as problematic, because you're still getting wins. I'm not saying he hasn't been good either though. I'm just saying that Rogers is making that guy look good. If Rogers was on the Texans I think we're no worse than 5-3 personally. It would be a lot easier to win around Rogers with this current team we have now for the next 5 years as well. Whatever GM we would have would likely get a big increase in name recognition and as a good success.

If the Texans fire OB, then I really don't know what coaches are currently available that really intrigue me. If Rick Smith were to be fired, I'd be happy with tons of guys due to the long term history of Smith being worthless. Just getting rid of him would make my day. I just hope we don't go after someone else ineffective. Bill Parcells would be my first choice. I wouldn't mind seeing if Cowher was interested in being a GM now since he has been away for a while. I'd like to know who the hell has been assisting Elway with structuring their cap the last 4 years, because they've done one hell of a job at being able to bring all these guys in as FA's. A lot of people whine about FA's, and are afraid of their team signing quality vets due to bad signings in the past, but Elway has managed to sign a lot of quality guys year after year now helping to fill holes on his team. Last year before the season started I stated that the Broncos had one of the best teams I'd ever seen on paper with all the talent they added to the defense on top of the offense that was loaded. They've continued on through this off season, and just added a quality TE to help Manning. They've done a spectacular job at managing their cap.

Pretty much..I'm willing to give OB 1 more year with a new GM..if he can't get it done then that new GM should be able to can him and bring in his own guy.

What makes Elliot Wolfe so great? Wins? I'd say that has a whole lot more to do with Rogers greatness being able to mask holes on their team over the years than it has been any greatness of the GM. With an elite QB like Rogers, certain problems you see on a team like the Texans don't look nearly as problematic, because you're still getting wins. I'm not saying he hasn't been good either though. I'm just saying that Rogers is making that guy look good. If Rogers was on the Texans I think we're no worse than 5-3 personally. It would be a lot easier to win around Rogers with this current team we have now for the next 5

Even elite QBs need good players around them. Look at the 2014 MVP last Monday night. He had all of 77 yards passing. Even the great QBs need good players to make teams great.

Is it Aaron Rodgers job to evaluate and acquire that talent?

Oh snap, that's the GMs job.

See, good organizations hire good people from the top on down.

Nobody said Eliot Wolf is a great GM. Nobody knows at this point. However, he certainly has a lot more potential to be a great GM than Rick Smith had when he was hired. And with Smith, we know what we have, whereas Wolf has the experience of being raised by a father who was a great GM and in an organization that has done things right for the past two decades.

Pretty much..I'm willing to give OB 1 more year with a new GM..if he can't get it done then that new GM should be able to can him and bring in his own guy.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with this. I also would have no problem with a new GM hiring his guy at HC right away as well. I don't think he should be forced to keep OB around if he doesn't like OB in the long term. I'd prefer a situation where OB gets one more year if this team does well in the next 8 games. But either way, I'm good if we get a new GM and he wants to go in another direction. I'd hate to have a situation where the new potential GM's job offer has a prerequisite to keep OB for at least one year. That could scare potential candidates away, and would be wasting a season if it doesn't work out.

Even elite QBs need good players around them. Look at the 2014 MVP last Monday night. He had all of 77 yards passing. Even the great QBs need good players to make teams great.

Is it Aaron Rodgers job to evaluate and acquire that talent?

Oh snap, that's the GMs job.

See, good organizations hire good people from the top on down.

Nobody said Eliot Wolf is a great GM. Nobody knows at this point. However, he certainly has a lot more potential to be a great GM than Rick Smith had when he was hired. And with Smith, we know what we have, whereas Wolf has the experience of being raised by a father who was a great GM and in an organization that has done things right for the past two decades.

Yeah, no arguments there. I was just saying that I don't know how good the guy really is when he has a player that is capable of masking so many minor problems that would appear as major on so many other teams. He could be a fantastic GM here possibly.

Still don't see it. He drafted Savage a couple of years ago & so far, Savage looks like he's making good progress. I bet putting him on IR was to keep him from competing with Hoyer this season. But next year, we'll give the job to Hoyer. He'll most likely get yanked or injured & Savage will have a shot.

If it doesn't work out, then we'll get our QB in the 2017 draft.

Making good progress? Savage is on IR every year, how is that progress? If anything, he's less valuable now than before he was drafted.

I disagree with the 'zero experience' you're supporting. As GM yes, but he's been in an NFL front office officially for 11 years and is the current Director of Player Personnel. Unofficially he's been in an NFL front office for 20+ years. That's real experience for the job he'd be doing. I'd personally like a little more diversity in his resume, guys who've only been with one organization can get a bit stubborn on how things are supposed to be, usually to everyone's detriment. And no I don't think it even hints at 'greatest anything', it's simply the price of doing business.

Little bit of irony that Director of Player Personnel was Rick Smith's job before he was hired into his first GM role. And yet, just a few posts back DB questions his ability to be a GM with those credentials.

Little bit of irony that Director of Player Personnel was Rick Smith's job before he was hired into his first GM role. And yet, just a few posts back DB questions his ability to be a GM with those credentials.

I didn't question Smith's credentials in 2006 when he was hired.

I base my current opinion of Smith on a decade of actually being a GM in the NFL. If he's fired here, do you honestly think any other team will hire Smith as their GM?

As far as Wolf, all he's ever been his entire life is a student of how to evaluate talent and how to be a successful GM.

I didn't question Smith's credentials in 2006 when he was hired.

I base my current opinion of Smith on a decade of actually being a GM in the NFL. If he's fired here, do you honestly think any other team will hire Smith as their GM?

As far as Wolf, all he's ever been his entire life is a student of how to evaluate talent and how to be a successful GM.

He won't even get hired to sell crack off crosstimbers!

Not quite, there's a noticeable step up the ladder from PRO personnel (Smith's position) to PLAYER personnel (Wolf's position). Smith held the job for 6 years without promotion. Before that he was a defensive backs coach, for a total of 10 years in the league and only 6 on the front office side of it. Unless Smith is sitting on a doctorate, he had no business jumping that high to the personnel job, and had no business making the leap to GM. McNair seems to have just grabbed the first guy Denver was willing to let go. DB might disagree, but I'll say that he was unqualified, especially in comparison.

If he's fired here, do you honestly think any other team will hire Smith as their GM?

Yes, I believe so. What many don't realize is there are alot of worst GMs than Rick in the league right now. I think any of the other teams in the AFC South would be glad to have Rick.

I remember when Kubiak got fired and many thought no one in their right mind would hire him as a HC. Oops!

Not quite, there's a noticeable step up the ladder from PRO personnel (Smith's position) to PLAYER personnel (Wolf's position). Smith held the job for 6 years without promotion. Before that he was a defensive backs coach, for a total of 10 years in the league and only 6 on the front office side of it. Unless Smith is sitting on a doctorate, he had no business jumping that high to the personnel job, and had no business making the leap to GM. McNair seems to have just grabbed the first guy Denver was willing to let go. DB might disagree, but I'll say that he was unqualified, especially in comparison.

I completely agree about Smith being unqualified for the job. He's a numbers guy, not a talent guy. A numbers guy is good at contracts and salary cap management. A talent guy is good at hiring good scouts and evaluating the talent of college players and free agents. The best GMs are good at both, but they are a rare commodity.

Yes, I believe so. What many don't realize is there are alot of worst GMs than Rick in the league right now. I think any of the other teams in the AFC South would be glad to have Rick.

I remember when Kubiak got fired and many thought no one in their right mind would hire him as a HC. Oops!

Not true about Kubiak. There were many here that predicted he would be HC again.

As far as Smith being a GM for another team, we can just respectfully agree to disagree. Only time will tell us who is right.

With regards to worse GMs in the league, perhaps you are right. But, I'd say you should strive to emulate and achieve what the great teams do instead of accepting the mediocre ways of the perpetually bad teams. Elevate expectations instead of accepting below average results every year.

Pretty much..I'm willing to give OB 1 more year with a new GM...

I don't see the point. There's no way I can imagine a situation where Rick Smith concluded Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, & Mallett were the best QB prospects out there. I know it's a collaborative effort, but from what we've seen, OB should have at least said, "they're familiar with what I want to do, but not so much that Fitz would walk in the unquestioned starter, or that we'd outbid the Jets to acquire Hoyer."

John Simon is here because Vrabel coached him at Ohio State. Wilfork is here because he was Vrabel's teammate when they both played for Crenel.

These aren't 100% OB's guys, but if we're wanting a GM that makes personnel decisions with little to no input from the coaches, OB may never have a team of his guys more than this one already is. & like I mentioned earlier, the most important position had been all him.

To be totally unprepared for the week 1 match up, to be blown out 40+ to nothing twice in a three week period, to be out coached by an interim guy three weeks into his tenure... to have to dumb down what you're trying to do on both sides of the ball in your sophomore season...

In sorry, but one of those should have been unacceptable. But to be guilty of all of it...

Not a single change to the offensive staff, the defensive staff, the HC's "power"

I understand wanting to get rid of Rick Smith, but I don't think he's the root of the problems we're seeing this season. The problems that appear to be systematic, sure. Fire him for that. But the problems we're seeing on Sundays... a better GM can't fix that without hiring a new coach.

Smith now has 9 years of experience as a NFL GM. Doesn't seem to have helped much. Can anyone suggest that Smith is better now than he was in 2007?

Smith now has 9 years of experience as a NFL GM. Doesn't seem to have helped much. Can anyone suggest that Smith is better now than he was in 2007?

Sure. I think it's safe to say that his repertoire of excuses and diversionary tactics didn't exist in 2007.

Oh, you meant as a GM. My bad, I went with "Brown nosed sniveling yes man". I'm sure he's better at that than he was in 2007.

That doesn't disprove his point. Kubiak had folks on both sides of the aisle. There were many claiming he'd never see a HC job again, along with many saying the opposite.

You're right. I read his post wrong and thought he said nobody thought he'd be a head coach again. I see now he said many, which is true, like you said. :cowboy1:

You're right. I read his post wrong and thought he said nobody thought he'd be a head coach again. I see now he said many, which is true, like you said. :cowboy1:
I think Tex said Kubiak wouldn't be a head coach again.

Could be wrong. I always thought he was a decent HC. Not the best, but so far he seems better than what replaced him.

I don't think ob is going anywhere McNair usually gives his,coaches 4 years and ob isn't the type of guy that strikes me has,leaves a,job unfinished

That is,just my feeling if anything players heads will roll this year

I bet BoB takes one of the open college gigs if Rick Smith stays..

I don't think ob is going anywhere McNair usually gives his,coaches 4 years and ob isn't the type of guy that strikes me has,leaves a,job unfinished

That is,just my feeling if anything players heads will roll this year

Not rooting for the Texans to lose today. Get on board the "not lose today" bus while seats are available.

Reactions: JB
I was looking for a Bill O'Brien thread, but I found this on the second page & figured... why not?

I've been down on Billy O lately. Several games, we were just flat out out coached. Kansas City, Carolina, Atlanta, Miami... I don't think any of those teams are better than our Texans. I understand you win some, you lose some... but those teams' advantage was on the sideline. Their coaches.

But not today. & it wasn't just the trickeration... though that was a big part of it. I liked the overall tempo, the play calling, & getting production out of our offense whatever it took.

Good job Bill. Good job.

I was looking for a Bill O'Brien thread, but I found this on the second page & figured... why not?

I've been down on Billy O lately. Several games, we were just flat out out coached. Kansas City, Carolina, Atlanta, Miami... I don't think any of those teams are better than our Texans. I understand you win some, you lose some... but those teams' advantage was on the sideline. Their coaches.

But not today. & it wasn't just the trickeration... though that was a big part of it. I liked the overall tempo, the play calling, & getting production out of our offense whatever it took.

Good job Bill. Good job.
Way to man up, TK. I did the same thing in another thread. The last 3 weeks, the Texans have looked competently coached and ready to execute the game plan with disciplined play on both sides of the ball. The D has much, much more talent, but we all expected to see the D we've seen the last 3 weeks all season.
Someone needs to tweet OB that keeping his stars out of PS games is a bad idea!!

Only problem with giving OB credit on a turn around is there shouldn't be a turn around. It's kubiak all over again with rallying when it's to late. Maybe next year this team will start on all cylinders.

Only problem with giving OB credit on a turn around is there shouldn't be a turn around. It's kubiak all over again with rallying when it's to late. Maybe next year this team will start on all cylinders.

Too late for what?

Back