Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gary Kubiak Press Conference

uh, no. I don't. Overall we may have appeared to play better, but the other team put up 30 pts and won the game.

this question is like asking if its better to step in wet smelly dog pooh, or slightly dried not so sticky or stinky dog pooh.

It's still dog pooh. One is just slightly 'better' than the other for the wearer.

No, there is a big difference between playing like crap & losing, & playing well and losing.

There was a time (a few games ago) when the soapers were all, "It's not about losing, it's about how we lost."

We've been playing better for the last 4 weeks (Jacksonville was the exception)..... we just haven't been winning.

That will come.

I usually watch every one win or lose but this is too painfull to see Gary try & wiggle himself with another excuse :smiliepalm:

You know what? Yeah, we did look better on defense yesterday. And they still gave up 30 points and 400 yards. That's pretty f'ing sad.

Can I get an amen?! This, 100x over.

I fully expected Frank Bush to be gone Monday morning. We all know it won't trigger a sudden turnaround, what with putting people in the right places to defend the other team and stuff. I still think it's an acceptable risk, with 4 wins heading into game 11, for a group soon to eclipse the Maginot Line in jokes about epic defensive failures.

From what I'm reading in this thread from the press conference, Kubiak will ride this ship straight to the bottom of the sea and then see if the sputtering propeller can dig in a little deeper.

I'm ready for Count Choke-ula and his staff to walk the plank.

:kubepalm: Moral victories do not exist in year 5 of a coaching regime... Take off the training wheels.

I have to agree with this. I mean, we just gave up 30 points to the NYJets while only commiting one turnover. Not to mention a 78 yd TD drive with 40 seconds left in the game and no timeouts... to say the defense is getting better is more of an indictment against Frank Bush and company than saying it sucked on Sunday. If that's better, what was it like.

I agree, not good enough. My response is to people saying that Bush & Kubiak don't have a clue, that they aren't doing anything to try to fix this.

They don't have a clue! This team has had the same problems for a long time, to varying degrees of ineptitude. No secondary worth a damn. What was Kubiak and Co.'s solution" To go young. They have no clue. The team has needed safeties forever. Kubiak's answer? They're fine with the safeties they have. They have no clue. We've needed a big DT that eat space in the middle and create space for the linebackers and take a little heat off of Ok0ye and the ends. Kubiak's answer? Draft another smallish DT that supposedly penetrates. They have no clue. The secondary is so awful that NFL record books are only just beginning to fathom how bad they are. Kubiak thinks that Jason Allen, a guy they picked up off the waiver wire last week, gives them a greater chance to win than Molden, who is in his 4th year with this team and was a 3rd round pick. If Kubiak's right, then Molden should not even have a roster spot. They have no clue.

And they aren't doing anything of substance to fix the problem now because they can't. They made their bed and now they (and we) have to lie in it. They have no clue.

No, there is a big difference between playing like crap & losing, & playing well and losing.

There was a time (a few games ago) when the soapers were all, "It's not about losing, it's about how we lost."

We've been playing better for the last 4 weeks (Jacksonville was the exception)..... we just haven't been winning.

That will come.

No, they're still playing like crap and they're still losing in spectacular fashion. If they had gone out and just gotten their asses handed to them against the Jets (or anyone else), that's one thing. It's a sad thing to be outclassed, but at least you know where you stand. This team, however, continues to find new and interesting ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So yeah, it is the way they've played, and it is how they lose games. When Kubiak went 6-10 in his rookie year, no one bitched about it because they were doing about what was expected of them. The first 8-8 season was the same way. Once you build a team and put some talent on the field, expectations go up. That doesn't mean on any given week you can't get your hat handed to you; it's the NFL. But the Texans redefine FAIL every week.

And if giving up 400+ yards and 30 points every damn week is not "playing like crap", then you seriously need to pass and stop bogarting, man. And the overwhelming majority of the time, the offense comes out and plays like total crap the first half, putting the team in a hole it doesn't need to be in. That's playing like crap. If you divide the game into four parts - defensive 1st half, offensive 1st half, defensive 2nd half, offensive 2nd half - then this team flat out SUCKS for 3/4 of the game.

Seriously man, if you were any kind of a decent person, you'd see your fellow Texans fans suffering and pass over some of that really good **** you must have. Share, man!

And they aren't doing anything of substance to fix the problem now because they can't. They made their bed and now they (and we) have to lie in it.
Agreed. They made some decisions & they have to live with them, & work out their problems.
And the overwhelming majority of the time, the offense comes out and plays like total crap the first half, putting the team in a hole it doesn't need to be in. That's playing like crap. If you divide the game into four parts - defensive 1st half, offensive 1st half, defensive 2nd half, offensive 2nd half - then this team flat out SUCKS for 3/4 of the game.
You haven't heard me try to justify what's going on on offense. That's a big problem, that's a poor reflection of the coaching staff, that, I'm not seeing anything to make me believe it's going to get better.

Defensively, I think they played well for 3.99 quarters Sunday. That last 0.01 I'll blame on the coaches as well as the players. The coaches & the players showed us they can play with the big boys. Epic fail, I agree, that last 0.01.

The other 3.99 was good football, on the defensive side of the ball, no matter how you break it down.

I think that's just like our season. The game wasn't over at that time. The Jets came back & won it in the final stretch.

This season isn't over, we've got 6 more games.
And if giving up 400+ yards and 30 points every damn week is not "playing like crap", then you seriously need to pass and stop bogarting, man.

Seriously man, if you were any kind of a decent person, you'd see your fellow Texans fans suffering and pass over some of that really good **** you must have. Share, man!

I keep trying to pass it..... but yall keep slapping it down.

In regards to playing "a young secondary": I think this was more of a collective thought/agreement among Kubiak, Smith and Bush... heck maybe even McNair (I don't know how much he discusses team direction but I think it's a fair amount). Coming from the viewpoint that Pollard was coming off a great season, he should be about the same. Glover Quin did pretty well and shouldn't regress. At FS we've got Wilson who, while not great, is a decent veteran. And the new 1st round pick in Kareem Jackson. I'm sure they weren't looking at it and thinking that it's going to be a top 10 unit but I think they want these guys to grow together (particularly KJ and GQ) and need all the reps. If we had even halfway decent communication and execution from these 4 players this team would be sitting at 6-4 and at the top of the South division. I don't think the collective braintrust of the Texans thought it was going to be anything this bad/poor.

I wasn't a huge fan of going all young back there but I understood it. I don't like it right now. I do think that Kubiak/Smith generally say things to the public that reflect confidence in who they have on the roster/staff. I like that, I like they don't dog the guys. But at the end of the day, I think they will come around and make some changes. Jason Allen for example, there goes the "young secondary, grow through the pains" bit. They knew we sucked and decided to try and patch it. No he's not stellar, but it shows that they won't ride a particular idea for 16 games if it's obvious it isn't working. I know that decision isn't often made as fast as many of us would like but hell at this point it's something. lol

That will come.

One more loss kills all hope for the playoffs. As it stands now, the Texans
are a full 2 games behind the wild card leaders, with a couple tiebreakers
lost. The division race is still open, and it's the MOST viable way to make
the playoffs. A loss to the Titans or Jags kills our chance to win the division.

No wild card, no division championship, no playoffs. Looking good while
losing is sooooooo 2006-2009.

This scene just keeps popping into my head, week after week!

ohnowesuckagain.jpg

One more loss kills all hope for the playoffs. As it stands now, the Texans
are a full 2 games behind the wild card leaders, with a couple tiebreakers
lost. The division race is still open, and it's the MOST viable way to make
the playoffs. A loss to the Titans or Jags kills our chance to win the division.

No wild card, no division championship, no playoffs. Looking good while
losing is sooooooo 2006-2009.

Yea, we've been thinking this for a while. Division or bust. What hacks me is that it should be so attainable this year.

Jets/Patriots are both 8-2, Steelers/Ravens are both 7-3. If we win out that puts us at 10-6 for the season. If that doesn't win us the division, our only hope is if one of the Jet/Patriots goes 2-4 here on out and one of the Steelers/Ravens goes 3-3. That puts us in a tie.

Titans and Jags games remaining are THE most important to win. Next would be the Ravens. Titans look like they're weak and we play them twice over the next 4 weeks. Jags game is winnable... we just have to step up and do it. Denver is looking terrible this year. There's 4 games that we really need to or should win and that puts us at our happy place at 8 wins.

Philly looks dominant. Ravens are a real good team.

The bad news is that every team on our schedule is looking at us and thinking "well there's a game we should win, we just have to. Count this game as a W"

That will come.

tk, i like you and always will, but this is pathetic

admit it. the texans are losers. kubiak is a loser and a HORRIBLE head coach.

that locker room is devoid of passion and they do just enough to lose

stop making excuses and rationalizing. they just suck. period. EOS.

This may be my new revisionist Thanksgiving anecdote. :cool:

uh, no. I don't. Overall we may have appeared to play better, but the other team put up 30 pts and won the game.

this question is like asking if its better to step in wet smelly dog pooh, or slightly dried not so sticky or stinky dog pooh.

It's still dog pooh. One is just slightly 'better' than the other for the wearer.

TK has been putting sprinkles on dog turds and trying to sell us brownies for weeks now.

Dude, you're still taking his posts seriously?

That will come.

b200350346.jpg

The Texans are losers. Kubiak is a loser & a horrible head coach.

But we've still got 6 games to go. The season isn't over, I'm not giving up.

yet.

The Texans are losers. Kubiak is a loser & a horrible head coach.

But we've still got 6 games to go. The season isn't over, I'm not giving up.

yet.

This just in: the season is over. I guess if you're a mathematician you can wait until the final numbers are in, but trust me, anyone with half an IQ point of common sense knows the season is over for this team. They're going 8-8 at best, and that's a really long shot.

Whether you give up yet or not is irrelevant to the fact that the season is over for this team. We may as well start speculating about the draft.

Will you be watching any of those upcoming games?

I will be at the Titans game, I'll be at the Baltimore game, & I'm looking forward to the Jags game.

I'll also record them on my DVR & probably watch them at least two more times as I have all the games this year. & last.

4-6 is our record. Think about that for a second, then remember last season and the cream puff schedule Kubiak squandered. Look at how long he let Foster sit on the PS. I know Foster was "hurt" at the beginning of the year, but the fact remains that Kubiak is a slow starter. He probably inches his way into the cold pool during the summer, instead of jumping in all the way.

This ship is lost. So some people gotta' stop the fakeness.

No joke man, when you see how good Foster played last year and how awesome he's been this year it's really hard to deny that if Foster were playing earlier, we could've won at least one of the games between Indy or Tenn in November or even won the Jville game in December. That alone would've had us in the playoffs.

No joke man, when you see how good Foster played last year and how awesome he's been this year it's really hard to deny that if Foster were playing earlier, we could've won at least one of the games between Indy or Tenn in November or even won the Jville game in December. That alone would've had us in the playoffs.

We have no idea how Foster would have played had he got in the game earlier. IIRC, his first carry was for a fumble. This was a year when every RB we had was fumbling for some unknown reason.

He is probably the player he is now, because of the way he was treated his rookie year.

Back