Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day Thread: Texans @ Titans

Did he said we're rebuilding? third year under Kubiak and we're still rebuilding? This is our 7th freakin year, we have talents.... something is lacking in the upper department.

It maybe the 7t year, but with the amount of turnover on the roster (which was needed, btw) it might as well be our 3rd.

Not that that fact should be used as an excuse for the crap that was put forth today.

Maybe the 10-6 and better crowd will wake up to the reality that this team still has some ways to go.

I don't care if duane messed up that one play...Schaub did nothing that whole game. Rosenfels needs to start.

schaub played badly no doubt but EVERYONE bar slaton and OD did nothing on offence (drops, crap blocking etc).. the titans D have done this in every game so far

Since we are losing anyway, Kubiak should just shake up the entire offense - put in Sage for sure and I don't know what else - but something to get these fools to perform without looking like a bunch of 4 year olds out there picking daisies. I am beyond pi**ed at all of them.

.. and why did he throw on his back foot (heres a hint: kvb was right on him(killed duane) so he threw it up since it was 4th down)

Why are you thinking of excuses for him? If there was no KVB he would have done that anyway, more than likely. He's been doing it all game.

does anybody watch the whole game or just watch the qb?

i watch the whole game and saw a rookie handle himself well the whole game except for one play against an all out beast. schaub is terrified of the titans. he has nightmares about them. he made bad decisions and the coaching staff made worse one by leaving him in the game, not kicking the ball where they needed points and a piss poor scheme offensively and defensively.

i watch the whole game and saw a rookie handle himself well the whole game except for one play against an all out beast. schaub is terrified of the titans. he has nightmares about them. he made bad decisions and the coaching staff made worse one by leaving him in the game, not kicking the ball where they needed points and a piss poor scheme offensively and defensively.

That sums it up nicely.

I don't know, seems to me we just got beat by a much better team. Defensively, the Titans were beasts! This teams stinks in so many areas, we could play the blame game till next week. Which I'm sure we will :)

maybe the Texans are like the Raiders. They just lost the type of game to Buffalo (24-23) that Texans fans are used to losing.

I'm just so pissed. I've spent all week with no power looking forward to the game. I figured we would at least show up. I'm so sick of this ****. I'll continue to be a fan but this is just frustrating.

Ah, screw this. I'm going to play some super nintendo. LOL

I hope ya'll have a better rest of the day. I'm off for a little bit.

my hats off to the Titans defense ..as good as advertised.. and i maybe having a knee jerk reaction right now

but..
I expected some good stuff out of an alex gibbs coached line.. and I realize the lighter guys on the line are kind of in trouble when it comes to short yardage.. but ............a good team does not screw up that many opportunities to score 7 .. but either come away with 3 or none..

i'd like to say growing pains but right now I am so ticked ....that I can't make excuses for players/coaches or whatever.... (and yes it is only 2 games, but like Vinny said, this is a sprint)... people get paid to do a job, and I am not calling anyone to get fired, but evaluation needs to be done

I don't know, seems to me we just got beat by a much better team. Defensively, the Titans were beasts! This teams stinks in so many areas, we could play the blame game till next week. Which I'm sure we will :)

just save that qoute, it will be used a lot this year.

I agree tennessee has a good D.. I am disappointed in the offensive minds on this team..

I agree tennessee has a good D.. I am disappointed in the offensive minds on this team..
I certainly credit the Tenn D for helping to make the offensive execution look bad; they were very good. Doesn't change the inept play-calling, though.

schaub played badly no doubt but EVERYONE bar slaton and OD did nothing on offence (drops, crap blocking etc).. the titans D have done this in every game so far

They showed a re-play that was a pass , the guard slid back and had no one to block . Brown was blocking KVB and instead the guard popping him ... he kinda just let him go because the pass was being delivered .

I equate these to body shots in a boxxing match . Hit them , be physical , and wear them down .

I felt like this was a mike martz ran offense today... either continuing to bang our head against a brick wall and hope for different results or outsmarting ourselves and being too cute

i watch the whole game and saw a rookie handle himself well the whole game except for one play against an all out beast. schaub is terrified of the titans. he has nightmares about them. he made bad decisions and the coaching staff made worse one by leaving him in the game, not kicking the ball where they needed points and a piss poor scheme offensively and defensively.[/QUOTE]

Some persons are very decisive when it comes to avoiding decisions.......this applies to this team as a whole.:gun:

Whatever.

This is just a bad football team. One team has a three game winning streak the other is still in training camp. What did they say today the Titans have been 24 of 24 when they are in the green zone against the Texans. That's just lack of will. The missed tackles is what kills me. I can except the lack of tallent. Poor fundamentals, people should be put on the pine. Note to Kubiack and Shanahan...no we can not run the ball against this front four. I don't have twenty plus years of experence, but I got that one figured out. Keep repeating something over and over again and achieve the same results...that's just insane.
The rain maker spit the bit. The long snaper. I don't want to hear another peep about Zach Diles' upside. He can't tackle. He can't tackle. Someone better bow up thier necks on this club. By the time they figure out that a quater of the season's gone, they'll be 2-12 again. I saw four zone blitzes. And once again no one got there. I get it. We have no one who knows how to get to the QB other than Mario. I guess we're due for another David Carr moment. Let the fun begin. :spit:

Congrats to the Titans their d- played heck of a game. Good luck with the rest of the season. see yall at reliant.

I am gonna go clean the pool relax and give it 24 hours before a reaction.

I still believe 10-6 until proven otherwise.

Whatever.

This is just a bad football team. One team has a three game winning streak the other is still in training camp. What did they say today the Titans have been 24 of 24 when they are in the green zone against the Texans. That's just lack of will. The missed tackles is what kills me. I can except the lack of tallent. Poor fundamentals, people should be put on the pine. Note to Kubiack and Shanahan...no we can not run the ball against this front four. I don't have twenty plus years of experence, but I got that one figured out. Keep repeating something over and over again and achieve the same results...that's just insane.
The rain maker spit the bit. The long snaper. I don't want to hear another peep about Zach Diles' upside. He can't tackle. He can't tackle. Someone better bow up thier necks on this club. By the time they figure out that a quater of the season's gone, they'll be 2-12 again. I saw four zone blitzes. And once again no one got there. I get it. We have no one who knows how to get to the QB other than Mario. I guess we're due for another David Carr moment. Let the fun begin. :spit:

Yep ... we got our butts kicked by two playoff teams . The Texans know what the schedule says and they did'nt show up . It's not good enough to win after your out of the race ... we expected more .

I guess next camp we'll knock the hell out of each other and find out who can tackle .

In hindsight, had AJ caught those two passes in the end zone that he dropped, we'd have a totally different outlook on Schaub right now.

In hindsight, had AJ caught those two passes in the end zone that he dropped, we'd have a totally different outlook on Schaub right now.
I don't know about *totally* different. Yes, not as critical. Yes, maybe the numbers don't look as bad. And maybe they kick field goals in the red zone with those additional points (thus taking away many chances to look bad).

Schaub still often looked lost out there. I suppose one can say AJ's drops may have messed with his head, but this is the NFL. If you're going to be a quality NFL quarterback you have to be able to shake that sort of thing off.

Yep, those passes were spot on. Either way though, this ought to be a fun week. Let's see what comes out from this steaming pile of crap we saw today.

I hate to be all Glory Sunshine up your ***es, but I do believe we just played the 2 toughest games we will have this year. It will get better. We'll never catch the Titans, but it'll get better.

What we're looking at here is another 8-8 season, but with a stronger mid-section and a sucky start.

I hate to be all Glory Sunshine up your ***es, but I do believe we just played the 2 toughest games we will have this year. It will get better. We'll never catch the Titans, but it'll get better.

What we're looking at here is another 8-8 season, but with a stronger mid-section and a sucky start.

I totally agree. We just played a really good team and in the 4th quarter, we had opportunities.

We're going to beat the Jags and a lot of other teams.

We have a running game that is a THREAT now. Our passing game will get better. The entire team started off rusty. AJ had a bad game and if AJ has a bad game, you can bet Schaub is going to have a bad game.

We're going to be fine.

I think.

Maybe.

for me, I saw some questionable schemes/playcalling that didn't put our players in the places to make plays.. I take nothing away from the Titans defense.. I think of it as , if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.. I don't fall for the "we faced the best defenses in the NFL stuff"

I am not attacking anyone with their stance, I am just saying , that NFL stands for Not For Long ...if someone doesn't capitalize and play smart on each and every game

If Schaub doesn't begin to redeem himself by halftime next week, then we need to bring in Sage.

Passing was way off - not to show up till the 3rd quarter, especially no recievers such as
AJ - what the heck man? Where's those sticky hands of yesteryear? Giving up? Luckily,
Tight ends were halfways decent - at least they bailed out Schaub like YKW.
Hell must surely have bought Adams' soul - how can he take 7 straight from us?
Everyone needs to realize the preseason is over - wake the heck up
Texans. Glad to see the lone step up is till there - Mario.
I mean when my son says they just need to bring
Carr back - you know it's bad, and he's only 10.... no, he doesn't no better.

... so there you go.

Passing was way off - not to show up till the 3rd quarter, especially no recievers such as
AJ - what the heck man? Where's those sticky hands of yesteryear? Giving up? Luckily,
Tight ends were halfways decent - at least they bailed out Schaub like YKW.
Hell must surely have bought Adams' soul - how can he take 7 straight from us?
Everyone needs to realize the preseason is over - wake the heck up
Texans. Glad to see the lone step up is till there - Mario.
I mean when my son says they just need to bring
Carr back - you know it's bad, and he's only 10.... no, he doesn't no better.

... so there you go.

Can you post your avatar link so I can put it as my avatar too? I want to support the case and since Herv won't make another soap bar avatar(thanks for making the first one, it was one of a kind..) that image will have to do.

join the FIRE SMITH BYE WEEK '08. rally.

Yeah, I was waiting for pink soap... didn't happen. Just uploaded it - you can perhaps cut n paste or use the link noted above.

Guess it's not, I want to join in the Fire Dick Smith rally myself.

It's coming off as an invalid file. Thanks anyways.

Anyone thats good with photoshop, I want to request a spiffy fire Smith avatar, please.

Our whole season depends on that unmade avatar.....

Back