Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day: Colts at Texans

AndreJ said:
I undersand that but at the same time im going to get my point across whether anyone agrees with me or not.

You go man and get that point across. In return I'll refrain from calling you a moron for having it. Do the same for those who disagree with you.

The team with the #1 offense in the league scored 24 points on us, that was wonderful defense. Our offense needs to mature and step up bottom line. this was a great game.

You're totally missing my point. If you want to gripe about them giving away a game, gripe about the Green Bay game. I don't disagree that Houston gave them a turnover that led to a critical Colts TD. But they started in a hole and nearly climbed out of it. Give them some credit, especially on defense.

Ok We Sucked Again But Played A Good Game..carr Is Not Up To His Game Yet..after 3 Years..come On.......he Should Be Better....hes No Aikman At 3 Years.....

AndreJ said:
The team with the #1 offense in the league scored 24 points on us, that was wonderful defense. Our offense needs to mature and step up bottom line. this was a great game.

no it was not a great game it was the texans sucking at the end again.

NederlandTexan said:
29th ranked pass defense in the NFL and we don't throw one deep ball. That is ridiculous. :loser

That 29th ranked defense runs a cover 2 D, that Carr catches he!! with, he hasn't even finished his third year yet, if these problems continue next year then yes i believe we'll have some serious problems.

Playcalling, I still don't get it!

Aren't you supposed to use the sidelines instead of throwing it across the middle when you have two miinutes left and no time outs?

Shouldn't the players be RUNNING to the line of scrimmage instead of casualy walking?

Shouldn't they be trying to throw the ball downfield for some long bombs? Isn't that why we have Andre Johnson?

Texans Pride said:
Playcalling, I still don't get it!

Aren't you supposed to use the sidelines instead of throwing it across the middle?

Shouldn't the players be RUNNING to the line of scrimmage instead of casualy walking?

Shouldn't they be trying to throw the ball downfield for some long bombs? Isn't that why we have Andre Johnson?

:shocked :hairpull: :thud: Looks like we'll have another year for playoff hopes. I hope in that time they draw up more pass plays.

Texas_Heat said:
How is this a moral victory.

For christ sakes man, the colts were expected to blow us out! The texans were never expected to win this game. And the defense did not let Manning break the record on us.

Those fumbles could have been the difference in who won this game. One of them was a result of a challenge but the Colts still retained possession (why didn't the refs tell the Texans before they looked at the replay?) and the other fumble was by "The Edge", but luckily for the Colts one of their guys was heads up and jumped on it.

On a side note, I like the way Moses catches his returns (with his hands up above his head). It scares me a bit but I think it looks cool.

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
I would love it. At least Jughead didn't break it here. That hit the Robinson gave Manning was my favorite play of the game!

Loved it, as well. Maybe that's where he "stopped thinking" about the record.

AndreJ said:
For christ sakes man, the colts were expected to blow us out! The texans were never expected to win this game. And the defense did not let Manning break the record on us.

So your happy that they only lost by 9 and not 29 I’m never happy when they give a game away.

The defense did all that was asked of them today and more. The offense blew their chance to put the Texans in the win column. Over the course of the season how many teams have kept the Colts in check like that? Over the last half of the season how many times has it happened? We stopped them in the third and held them to FG's after halftime. In return for that excellent performance our defense gets as it's reward the opportunity to watch the offense go out onto the field and stall over and over again. One good drive in the second half isn't going to cut it and to play that poorly against the Colts defense is inexcusable.

It must be terribly frustrating to play for our defense knowing that no matter how hard you try the game isn't going to be won unless you score yourself or hand the offense the ball inside the opponents 10 yard line.

I'm very mad at the offense right now. I have been for going on 5-6 weeks.

Hervoyel said:
The defense did all that was asked of them today and more. The offense blew their chance to put the Texans in the win column. Over the course of the season how many teams have kept the Colts in check like that? Over the last half of the season how many times has it happened?
We held them to their lowest point total of the season today. We played them better than anyone has defensively. I agree, our offense is horrible.

Somoene made a great point earlier. When your offense is doing that great the defense shouldn't have to do much. Well the person that said that was right. Our defense clearly was doing all that it could - Manning di not scor 6 points all of the 2nd half. Carr should have been getting the ball to Johnson, Wells, Miller, and Bradford more often to exploit that Colts defense even more - if I'm not mistaken isn't the Colts defense ranked close to last? Than have DD in to deliver that punch when they least expect it.

Vinny said:
We held them to their lowest point total of the season today. We played them better than anyone has defensively. I agree, our offense is horrible.

IF the Jaguars can beat them, why can't we?

AndreJ said:
That 29th ranked defense runs a cover 2 D, that Carr catches he!! with, he hasn't even finished his third year yet, if these problems continue next year then yes i believe we'll have some serious problems.
So when we face a team that plays cover 2D, we remove the deep threat from our game plan. Before this gets personal, I have supported the Texans and will continue to do so. But I don't understand or agree with 100% of their offensive and defensive play calls.

NederlandTexan said:
So when we face a team that plays cover 2D, we remove the deep threat from our game plan. Before this gets personal, I have supported the Texans and will continue to do so. But I don't understand or agree with 100% of their offensive and defensive play calls.

I think it's more on the offensive end, since they are the ones that need to be out there putting the most points on the board. WRs need to be utilize much more than they are. Defense needs to not leave guys wide open the way they do.

I'm sick of the overall feeling that this is an expansion team. We should be competing...no excuses. There are some very sketchy calls made by our offense, and David does not seem to step up in clutch situations. Sure, there might be pressure coming on big third downs....but he should not be taking so many crucial sacks. Any good quarterback finds ways to avoid this. 3rd and 2 and we put him in the shotgun formation for a 4 yard sack with very little left in the game?!?! When all we need is a few yards? How many times have we seen Dom go for it on 4th and 1? Why not gut it up the middle for a yard or two, and punch it through on 4th if we need to? It controls the clock, and keeps the drive going. Granted, our O-line folds in these situations, and Davis...he doesn't seem to do much of anything, with exception to today's game. I am a dedicated fan, but I'm sick of the weak performances and play calling on offense. Even when the offense does get going, we're barely keeping it going on a few big third downs. No confidence at all. I think in this situation, it's the quarterback and coaching's responsibilities to step this offense up. It's not happening. The defense does a great job in my opinion. Sure they give up some big plays on long third downs, but how much should we really expect out of them when they're on the field so much. I honestly think we need to make some serious changes this off-season. It's easy to say "Hey, this is only our third year, let's gradually build on it. Have patience." But we can't constantly keep looking forward to picking up rookies in the draft. We're not an expansion team anymore!

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
I would love it. At least Jughead didn't break it here. The hit that Robinson gave Manning was my favorite play of the game!

Okay, well first, good game guys...it's been a while since the Colts have had a dogfight like that and I think we needed to remember what that's like to prepare for the playoffs. Second, in response to this comment, do you really think Peyton wanted to break the record today? I'm sorry but if you think he wanted to break it in Texas in front of all of YOUR fans then you are wrong. He would have, if the game had been a shootout and we needed the points, but Peyton wants to break the record in his stadium with his fans. I can guarantee you that every Colts fan is gladly taking a small victory over a blowout to see Peyton break the record next week here in Indy where it should be broken. Now, for all of the slack that Indy's D catches, I really feel that it was Indy's offense that didn't show up today. I'm not sure I want to think of what this game would have been like without Freeny or Mathis. I'm not entirely sure that the offense was just having an off day (which happens to the best of them from time to time) or if Dungy was just trying to do the least he had to do to win the game so Colts fans could see him break the record. I'm sure it could be a little bit of both. Colts offense wasn't at its best and Dungy's playcalling was definitely not the norm. Also, some of you guys still seem to be really upset about the whole "running up the score" thing. I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Our "running up the score" was more of a compliment to you than anything else. It meant that Dungy wasn't confident that you guys couldn't still make a come back. If he thought there was no chance he'd have pulled Peyton just like he did in the following three games against Chicago, Detroit, and Tennessee. At any rate, it's time to let it go. We'll see what happens next year but, for now, let bygones be bygones. Dungy is one of the classiest coaches in the league. He wouldn't have run the score up unless he thought there was a chance you could still beat him. I really thought it was a compliment to what your offense was capable of. Anyway, good game, better luck next year, and now I'm off to pray for the playoffs. We have a really tough road ahead of us. Congrats, again, on a really good game. :bouncey:

I must admit that I expected the Colts to win by at least 2 touchdown's or more so in that respect I think the Texans should be commended for keeping the game as close as it was.

By the same token they had plenty of opportunity to win and did not so a moral victory means nothing.

The Texans have some obvious problems. I'm hoping they can put together a more complete game next week.

good game texans, way to get after manning. you guys need to play like that every week and then you will be a playoff team, really you guys should know peyton isnt about breaking records hes about winning. at the end he didnt try to pad his stats by throwing, he just handed it off. he actually checked off to running plays a few times on passing downs toward the end of the game. congrats on a great game and game plan and on holding the colts offense to the lowest point total of the year. good luck on the rest of the year and dont hate on peyton because he is good, you texan fans have no reason to hate manning. he is a class act and will set a ton of records before he hangs up the cleats and god willing win a ring or 2.

While Carr did not play great today..

good to great offensive lines make average quarterbacks look great (some have even won superbowls) ...average to bad offensive lines make even great quarterbacks look terrible.

To me it looked like they were going for the big play on the 3rd and 2 call. Max protect (7guys) they ran two streaks up the sidelines and Andre up the middle. Andre fell down. 7 guys blocking 4 gave Carr about 2 seconds.

Carr had zero time to pass the ball all day.

IndyColtsBabe said:
Second, in response to this comment, do you really think Peyton wanted to break the record today? I'm sorry but if you think he wanted to break it in Texas in front of all of YOUR fans then you are wrong.

That he breaks the record is without question and it's a moment that doesn't matter because "this" new record will be broken again only 1 week later.

Manning is gunning for close to 60, not only for 49.

I want to add, that imo the Texans defense played a very, very good game. I didn't understand, why there was only one fumble by Manning and that recovered by the Colts, but anyway. Pressure, good plays against the run, passion, heart,everything I didn't expect.

It was the last game of the Texans this season i could see this year, and i feared it would be a blowout. The Texans put up a good fight and stopped Manning, punished him.

You have my Respect, even if it won't help anyway.

Lucky.....How can you honestly say that a quarterback comparison is determined on their head to head record. That is the most ignorant thing I've heard all week. You're telling me..that since Carr is 2-0 when facing the Jags with Byron...that he's a better quarterback? Give me a break. I'm a HUGE dedicated fan of the Texans, but let's be realistic here. In my opinion, Byron has done more this year to prove he's better. He's clutch. And that's probably one of the greatest determinants of a solid QB. Is Carr clutch? Hardly. When we need a big 3rd down conversion...90% of the time he takes a sack. Granted, there's more to that than Carr not doing his job, but good QB's find ways to avoid the big sack. It's that simple. Your head to head analysis is in my opinion not significant.

Back