Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Colts at Texans

Vinny said:
It works better than Sacks and INT's.

No, it clearly results in them. That was nothing but a stupid call. The Colts have been locking Davis down since the third quarter. They're not going to let him keep doing that and the Texans should know that. How much more obvious can it be. If they keep this up they're going to keep putting Carr in obvious 3rd and long situations until the game is over.

Hervoyel said:
No, it clearly results in them. That was nothing but a stupid call. The Colts have been locking Davis down since the third quarter. They're not going to let him keep doing that and the Texans should know that. How much more obvious can it be. If they keep this up they're going to keep putting Carr in obvious 3rd and long situations until the game is over.
it was 3rd and 2

Correct, call it obvious passing situations then. If it was 3rd and 2 and Palmer is still playing the "I'm going to beat you with Domanick Davis" game because he thinks that's the way to go then why didn't he run it? It's only two yards? He didn't run it because the Colts are shutting DD out now. But he ran it on 1st because....

Oh what the hell.

Hervoyel said:
Correct, call it obvious passing situations then. If it was 3rd and 2 and Palmer is still playing the "I'm going to beat you with Domanick Davis" game because he thinks that's the way to go then why didn't he run it? It's only two yards? He didn't run it because the Colts are shutting DD out now. But he ran it on 1st because....

Oh what the hell.

Thank you Vinny, that was nicely put, apparently most of us are to ignorant to look at the big picture and get off the coaches back. Players have to execute bottom line.

AndreJ said:
Thank you Vinny, that was nicely put, apparently most of us are to ignorant to look at the big picture and get off the coaches back. Players have to execute bottom line.

Clearly some of us are watching another Texans game in an alternate reality.

Texas_Heat said:
If they lose please no one come on here and say what a great game it was it’s not.

Huh! not a great game. This is Payton Manning an the Colts... Where Manning is going for a record.... and we stopped them... Wake up man...

i hope the rest of the season goes south for the Colts. looks like they have a tough schedule coming up. Ravens, Chargers, Broncos. I love our division, but go other guys.

TexanExile said:
No? I'm having fun watching this. Past the 1st quarter, it's been pretty good.

I guess you like watching them blow games then, for me it’s getting old. I saw the Oilers do that for years

The Texans D is holding the NFL's hottest offense to 20 points. That hasn't been done in a while. This loss is NOT on them. The first pick led to the TD that is the difference right now.

Texas_Heat said:
If they lose please no one come on here and say what a great game it was it’s not.

I agree. Ws are what matter here. And it looks like another one is going to miss us. Just looked at the playoff picture. Though we still have a chance, this is it.

TexanExile said:
The Texans D is holding the NFL's hottest offense to 20 points. That hasn't been done in a while. This loss is NOT on them. The first pick led to the TD that is the difference right now.
I have to agree withyou...

We're done. We've basically held the Colts to 20 points (thus far) and failed to capitalize on it. The defense did their job today, the offense didn't. They had nothing else to go to once the Colts decided Davis wasn't going to run anymore.

Texas_Heat said:
I guess you like watching them blow games then, for me it’s getting old. I saw the Oilers do that for years

They're not "blowing" the game. They're losing a game in which they were supposed to get rolled. How can you blow a game where you never led and weren't the favorite?

The D has played one of their best games ever, and with the exception of the Carr pick, the Offense ahs played above teh standard of ineptitude they set for themselves so far this year.

Hervoyel said:
They had nothing else to go to once the Colts decided Davis wasn't going to run anymore.

It's that darn cover 2 Herv... there are 14 men on the field for the defense!

AndreJ you're going to have to get used to people disagreeing with you. Opinions, both negative and positive make up this board and will continue to make up this board.

Was i the only one who watched the Cowboys of all people comeback and kill the seahawks, or did any of you see tracy mcgrady bring the rockets back to win against the spurs. You people give up to easy, keep faith all of this negativity is killing me!

TexanExile said:
They're not "blowing" the game. They're losing a game in which they were supposed to get rolled. How can you blow a game where you never led and weren't the favorite?

No they gave this game to the colts you can't see that.

TexanExile said:
yeah, right--why play at all!!!!!!Suppose to lose, then lose...

Hoth-Boy said:
The D has played one of their best games ever, and with the exception of the Carr pick, the Offense ahs played above teh standard of ineptitude they set for themselves so far this year.
Davis did. I'm not sure you can say the same for the rest of the offense. Carr has to be able to throw down the field- these 2 yard dumps to DD won't cut it for an entire game, and the Oline has to give him time to throw.

Hervoyel said:
AndreJ you're going to have to get used to people disagreeing with you. Opinions, both negative and positive make up this board and will continue to make up this board.

I undersand that but at the same time im going to get my point across whether anyone agrees with me or not.

TexanExile said:

Easy, You stay in it until the third quarter when your defense holds the Colts to 20 or so points and then your offense fails to do anything in the 4th against the what? 31st ranked defense in the NFL?

The Colts are known far and wide for being all offense and squat for defense and yet we stopped that offense. We didn't have enough offense of our own to capitalize on it. That's how you blow a game in which you were supposed to get rolled.

For further information on blowing games in spite of the fact that you weren't supposed to win them see "TEXANS VS PACKERS"

Back