Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 16 Thread: Browns @ Texans

LMMFAO @ "they were booing cause of the season we had"...thats too funny. Where were these boos when we beat the Colts last week? Exactly.

EDIT...Bengals KO'ed by Steelers...Roethlisberger 67 pass to Holmes...23-17...what a play and win and game.

Another EDIT...Chiefs win, Bengals lose, JAGS LOSE!...

Eagles win the nfc east as Cowboys lose.

LMMFAO @ "they were booing cause of the season we had"...thats too funny. Where were these boos when we beat the Colts last week? Exactly.

EDIT...Bengals KO'ed by Steelers...Roethlisberger 67 pass to Holmes...23-17...what a play and win and game.

Ummm, try post #755 by Super Mario. I thought he summed it up pretty well.

If you refuse to understand why something is happening then there's nothing anyone can do to explain it to you.

yeah i understand fans may be frustrated but not even your excuse makes sense of why fans are booing when this young, injury-riddled team- in the first year of a new regime, is in a victory formation having finished the season on a 2 game winning streak and 1 game short of the previous franchise record... booing is accomplishing what apart from making you look like bad, dumb fans?? but maybe thats just me

A little bit different smarty.

1. Last game wasnt the last game of the season was it?
2. It was our first win ever against the colts. (a playoff bound team)

1. it was still at the end of a losing season- why not voice your frustration there also if the booing is because of the losing season
2. so? a win is a win is a win etc

booing is accomplishing what apart from making you look like bad, dumb fans?? but maybe thats just me

Look man all I did was say that Houston fans weren't any better or worse than fans anywhere else and offer very real and reasonable explanations for why the fanbase in this city is in a foul mood this year. I never said it didn't look bad or that I supported them in doing it. I'm just saying that it doesn't look any worse than when fans in Detroit, Cincinnati, Miami, Cleveland, or anywhere else do things like that. They're not dumb fans or bad fans. They're just fans and they do this kind of junk.

Watch the Texans go 12-4 next year and all of these dumb, classless fans will turn into the cream of the NFL. People will be lining up to talk about how great the fans in Houston are. Give the fans in New England 5 years like we've had and you would start seeing the same kind of behavior we have here right now. In 5 years I've watched Houston fans slowly go from being grateful that they had a team and as classy as they come to being ready to boo the team for not getting a cheap TD in the last game of the year. If there were three or four more weeks left in this year then you would probably see them cheer an injury to an opponent before it was over.

I'm glad 2006 is behind us. Hopefully we've turned a corner because I don't want to spend another year like we did this year (or god forbid 2005) 6 wins beats the hell out of 2 wins but it's going to take 10 or more to get Houston fans back on track IMO.

Look man all I did was say that Houston fans weren't any better or worse than fans anywhere else and offer very real and reasonable explanations for why the fanbase in this city is in a foul mood this year. I never said it didn't look bad or that I supported them in doing it. I'm just saying that it doesn't look any worse than when fans in Detroit, Cincinnati, Miami, Cleveland, or anywhere else do things like that. They're not dumb fans or bad fans. They're just fans and they do this kind of junk.

Watch the Texans go 12-4 next year and all of these dumb, classless fans will turn into the cream of the NFL. People will be lining up to talk about how great the fans in Houston are. Give the fans in New England 5 years like we've had and you would start seeing the same kind of behavior we have here right now. In 5 years I've watched Houston fans slowly go from being grateful that they had a team and as classy as they come to being ready to boo the team for not getting a cheap TD in the last game of the year. If there were three or four more weeks left in this year then you would probably see them cheer an injury to an opponent before it was over.

I'm glad 2006 is behind us. Hopefully we've turned a corner because I don't want to spend another year like we did this year (or god forbid 2005) 6 wins beats the hell out of 2 wins but it's going to take 10 or more to get Houston fans back on track IMO.

fine i understand but imo its inexcusable booing a victory because the franchise is being classy... whatever about how it makes the texans look from the outside what do you think the team and coaches think of it- im guessing they're thinking 1 thing- 'these people are dumbasses'

yup, 6-10 about where i thought they'd be with the possiblity to be 7-9. As for the fans in the stadium & the booing, Those type of things make me ashamed to be a houston sports fan at times & IMO it was classless. It's thier right to do, but then people wonder sometimes why Quality free agents don't want to come & play for our teams unless we pay out the $#$%, you have part of the answer right there.

yup, 6-10 about where i thought they'd be with the possiblity to be 7-9. As for the fans in the stadium & the booing, Those type of things make me ashamed to be a houston sports fan at times & IMO it was classless. It's thier right to do, but then people wonder sometimes why Quality free agents don't want to come & play for our teams unless we pay out the $#$%, you have part of the answer right there.

another good point

It's written somewhere that "you never fully realize what you have, until its gone".

This is my first year as a Texan's fan, and attended my first game this year (Texans-Titans game). I watched with curiosity several games last year on TV, and wasn't impressed at all. This year I watched an improved defense, an improved running game, and special team play that was aggressive. While at times we struggled, I did see quite a bit of improvement from the play a year ago.

I am a part of the Steeler's Nation, and have been so for many years. But am now also a Texans' fan (I closely follow one of the Texan players).

Texans, thanks for spanking the Colts and the Browns. From 2-14 to 6-10 is a great, great improvement. Congratulations on a great season, with a new coaching staff, new O & D systems, and many new players. I see the Texans only getting better next year. I hope all the players on IR and those with dings get healthy during the offseason and come back next year with a renewed confident attitude.

agreed

It's written somewhere that "you never fully realize what you have, until its gone".

This is my first year as a Texan's fan, and attended my first game this year (Texans-Titans game). I watched with curiosity several games last year on TV, and wasn't impressed at all. This year I watched an improved defense, an improved running game, and special team play that was aggressive. While at times we struggled, I did see quite a bit of improvement from the play a year ago.

I am a part of the Steeler's Nation, and have been so for many years. But am now also a Texans' fan (I closely follow one of the Texan players).

Texans, thanks for spanking the Colts and the Browns. From 2-14 to 6-10 is a great, great improvement. Congratulations on a great season, with a new coaching staff, new O & D systems, and many new players. I see the Texans only getting better next year. I hope all the players on IR and those with dings get healthy during the offseason and come back next year with a renewed confident attitude.

WOW! you picked the right time to join...kinda like picking a stock! Sold the Steelers after a Super Bowl and picked the lowest team in the NFL at the end of last season! Hopefully, you can ride them back to the top!

Awesome. I get back from the game and (though I didn't look though all the game pages) apparently - the last two pages discuss the fans booing at the end. So, does that make some on the board better than those at the game if the only focus is the fans? How about the game discussion and now worrying about what a "quality fan" entails?

Personally, I didn't understand the booing at the end myself, maybe it's because the fans there at the game wanted a shellacking of a team and not just a "nice win". Dunno. The fans in the stadium were defintely out for blood today to let the powers that be know how they felt whenever a bad play turned out to be such.

But hey, we won (ugly) first two in a row since 2004, first home win to close a season, and Ryans had a heck of a season to finish with the most tackles for a rookie in 20 years. Defense - most impressive - glad y'all really stepped up today, especially with the turnovers and a rumblin' bumblin' stumblin' TD. Not allowing a TD in a game. Taylor - thanks for stepping in for Dayne. Nice to see what you have when it's all on you (literally) for a game.

The offseason of optimisim. Go Texans.

I've never seen a fatter team (in recent times) then the Browns today. It seemed like every single lineman looked pregnant or had the fan beer belly. No wonder they are so horrible. That team is in horrible shape collectively.

I've never seen a fatter team (in recent times) then the Browns today. It seemed like every single lineman looked pregnant or had the fan beer belly. No wonder they are so horrible. That team is in horrible shape collectively.

You think Crennel is a HC that just likes the big guys? I noticed the guy playing in th middle was HUGE, but a run stopper.

Back