Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 1 Thread: Eagles @ Texans

BattleRed37 said:
The Texans will lose next weeks game also against Colts, and they may go 0-4 during bye week. I also think Sage will come off the bench maybe after the bye week, or before.

I know ya'll are Texans fans, I'am too. But, we all know that David Carr don't have what it takes to lead this team to playoffs, or Super Bowl. They trying to make this guy out of something that he's not.

To be truthly honest with ya'll. I see this team 0-5 before they get any better.

So, Texans fans. Get ready for another disappointing season. And they may be contenders for the first round draft pick next year.
Carr seemed to do very well against the Eagles. I agree with you on the Colts and I'm not going to both looking up the rest of the schedule, but Carr is going to be a very good QB in the NFL. Actually, he already is in my opinion. He hits his targets well and he does a nice job finding his guy. You guys have other issues to look at in this rebulding process than the QB, who is already good.

furferret2 said:
Carr seemed to do very well against the Eagles. I agree with you on the Colts and I'm not going to both looking up the rest of the schedule, but Carr is going to be a very good QB in the NFL. Actually, he already is in my opinion. He hits his targets well and he does a nice job finding his guy. You guys have other issues to look at in this rebulding process than the QB, who is already good.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

furferret2 said:

Just imagine Carr with an actual Offensive Line.

You boys had me a little worried up till halftime. It took us while to warm up and yall were on at the start. I live in Houston, so now I would hope for you to win as much as possible. It was a fun time and I am not hear to talk smack or rub anything in your face. Good game and good luck, and you need to get rid of Carr!

^^^ I see I'm not the only one wanna get rid of Carr.

And did somebody said the Texans going to beat Colts? Please, don't make me laugh. Peyton Manning is going to pick Texans defense twice as worster then McNabb did. Texans will not stop Manning, at lease he take sick and don't play. He will have a field day with Texans defense.

Manning have HALL OF FAME written all over his face.

eagle.randall said:
You boys had me a little worried up till halftime. It took us while to warm up and yall were on at the start. I live in Houston, so now I would hope for you to win as much as possible. It was a fun time and I am not hear to talk smack or rub anything in your face. Good game and good luck, and you need to get rid of Carr!

Carr played very well yesterday. Not his fault.

David Carr only played one good quarter and that was 1st quarter. To be a great quarterback in this league, Carr must play all four quarters like he did in the first. Don't sit here and blame everything on O-line, cause all of it wasn't their fault. Some was bad decisions Carr made, rookie mistakes.

I'm also tied off people taking up for Carr saying he's in a learning process of the new installed system. I'm sorry, but that's bull. Carr considered as a vertern, and this man still look like he's playing the first year of his career all over again. I'am sick and tired of it. Every year this damn franchise goes backwards.

Futhermore, when the Colts see's the film of Eagles vs. Texans game, they will be smiling/laughing. They know Carr can not stand pressure.

Once the offensive line has settled in, and truly gets the scheme, Carr will look a lot better.

His receivers were getting open. Thats a very good thing. He just needs more than 2-3 seconds to get the ball to them.

He looked very good though. A 102 rating is nothing to sneeze at.

Some of these Texans fans must have watched a different game then I did. I was at the game and watched the game at home last night (Tivo). Carr did well. It was just the Eagles D stepped up after the slow start in the first quarter. Carr still did pretty well considering he was under pressure a lot. A couple really nice scrambles in the 2nd half. Some great throws. He did good. Watch the game again instead of griping about Carr. He handles the pressure fine. That last sack, he was frustrated that is for sure but he handles himself very nicely.

Plus, the Eagles 2nd team defense line played just as good as the first team yesterday. Keep the guys fresh and changing it up was nice. I was skeptical about them changing to that style but it works.... works very well. The true test for us is Week 2 --- The Gnats.

Why do some people want to get rid of Carr? He had the 5th best passer rating in the NFL. 3rd in the AFC. All this against a pretty good defense, especially the secondary.

If your mad at the draft fine, but get off Carr's back (there are too many d lineman there already). The guy played as well as could reasonably be hoped for against a good team yesterday. This was a team that made the NFC Championship game 4 of the last 5 and the Texans are a team coming off 2-14. We should not be expected to win, just show heart. Carr showed plenty, the d line, none. And I dont blame the oline. They call that an offensive unit for a reason, and that doesnt happen in practice or in a few plays in preseason. They have to learn each other as much as they do defense.

BattleRed37 said:
David Carr only played one good quarter and that was 1st quarter. To be a great quarterback in this league, Carr must play all four quarters like he did in the first. Don't sit here and blame everything on O-line, cause all of it wasn't their fault. Some was bad decisions Carr made, rookie mistakes.

I'm also tied off people taking up for Carr saying he's in a learning process of the new installed system. I'm sorry, but that's bull. Carr considered as a vertern, and this man still look like he's playing the first year of his career all over again. I'am sick and tired of it. Every year this damn franchise goes backwards.

Futhermore, when the Colts see's the film of Eagles vs. Texans game, they will be smiling/laughing. They know Carr can not stand pressure.

This is what I'm talking about when I tell you people that you can't blame everything this team ever does wrong on the QB. There's 22 starters on this team and a bunch of bench players and special teamers. I think that most of the sacks were on the RBs, fullback(s), and TEs. I know that the D-line sucked and that the O-line's run blocking was PATHETIC. I don't see David Carr in any of that! Get off his back for this week.

Oh, and any sacks that were not on those I mentioned were on the 5 main O-linemen, except for one, single, solitairy slip-up by Carr. McNabb had ALL DAY to throw the ball and I saw him repeatedly throw passes at people's feet. He certainly got his numbers, but I'd hassle him about that before I'd jump on Carr's back for this game.

Back