Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game 1 Thread: Eagles @ Texans

TexasJedi said:
But they are not riding Mario's jock like they are Reggie's. It's sickening.

Here come the boo birds. Did the Texans quit in the 4th quarter or what, the defense anyway?

The Texans homers were riding Mario's jock.That was sickening to me.

MrMeToo said:
Andre,Ryans,Moulds, and Robinson looked good today.That's about it.

Don't pull that crap, you know Carr had a good game too.

Edit: and I only said this cuz I know you really don't like Carr, but still felt he should be recognized for his good play regardless of what you think about him.

Well at least we get to see Reggie play his 1st game.....who would've thought we would be able to say that a couple months ago.

This is only one loss to Championship team so don't let it get you down.

No breakfast in bed for the coaching staff for sweeping NFC East this year..:whip:

:texflag: :trophy:

What are people talking about, no improvement? We are just a little bit of luck form going in to half time with a 14-7 lead. I really think that changed the game right there, we had been the better team but we didnt finish the half. As a young team, you know that got to them and we never really recovered after that. We played well enough in the first half to win, if we could get a simmillar performance in the sencond half.

Carr tripped, threw into coverage, threw behind the recievers, and had some batted down and you think he played well. NOT!

We've got to run the ball way better than this to have any chance of winning games this season. This whole offense is setup for the run and everything plays off the run. If we can't run we can't pass as simple as that. This team in my mind needs to have a dominant rushing attack like the Broncos and the Falcons. Otherwise all the play action, bootleg stuff won't work. With that said I think David Carr had a solid game but the o-line couldn't block and the defense was horrible for the exception of Lewis Sanders. But we knew it was going to be tough coming into the season with all the new changes and a very tough schedule. I'm not loosing hope and it's only 1 game. I think today was saw DC play well and put some nice touches on the ball to AJ and Moulds. Andre had a big game and Moulds too. Hopefully we'll find ways to get Lundy or Morency going. Tough loss but it's a long season.

SpinDoc said:
Carr tripped, threw into coverage, threw behind the recievers, and had some batted down and you think he played well. NOT!
SpinDoctor is a great fit for that last post, lol. So what are you, Eagels fan? VY fan? Jags fan?

Our offense produced many more yards and first downs than we've seen for a long time, that in itself is a positive. Negatives (from watching Gamecenter and this thread, game-DVD will arrive in a few days), rushing offense, rushing defense and secondary. Unfortunately I was right in my fear that our secondary is our weak spot, hopefully our DL will create more pressure in the future so that the secondary will look better.

Sad loss, but offense has upped it's production, and for that I am happy! :)

Toan said:
Actually, last year we also look good in the first half but totally bomb it in the second, no change there...
Mathis' TD against the Browns in game 7 or 8 was the first lead we had last season and the first TD we scored in the first quarter. Yeah, we were great in the first half.

DC's final stats: 18-27, 208 and 1 TD. If this was supported with any kind of running game, we would be well on our way, however, the Eagels showed off thier very good D-line. If he can put up these kind of numbers consistently and have a running game to support him, we will surprise some people. All in all, i think the offense played better then the 10 points they scored, but we still have a long way to go in terms of protection.

Toan said:
By look good I meant we stay close with the other team.
Last season it seemed teams wouldnt ussualy score that much in the first half, but our D was on the field so much that they would tire out in the second resulting in very big numbers. Our offense was terrible last season, today, i think we showed some life, at least throwing the ball.

Props to Carr today. He looked like a competant NFL QB out there. Payton Manning or Brady good? No, but he just needs to be what he was today. He had a better game today to my eyes that any of the 16 last year. He didn't just settle for the easy dump off, looking downfield often, and spread the ball around. Other than the one slip on the turf, and holding the ball too long a couple of times, he was very good today. I hope to see more of this from Carr. If so, we have a bright future. I give Carr a solid B+ today.

What I want to know is where is the balls to the wall, all out aggressive blitzkrieg defense of Richard Smith? They looked very much on thier heels all day, and let the Eagles dictate the tempo. In short, they looked like a carbon copy of last years "read and react" D. If I were Kubes, I would be reaming out Richard Smith. The Defense was simply awful. F

And, to throw in my 2 cents, I have said it till I was blue in the face for months. I finally stopped saying it, becase I was tired of the usual homerism. Saying your favorite team made a mistake is a punishable offense around here. But, who cares. This is a forum to state your opinion. So, I will say it again - Passing up Bush was a huge mistake, and will come back to bite them in the ass over and over again.

dude you dont even know if this guy is in the game. hell noticed travis johnson alot more than mario. this first pick is insane and we have to live with it. 56million dollars hell could you atleast show up and show something.. sure could have used bush today but like howie long said maybe its better for the nfl and the new orleans area too have a game changer like bush i guess we deserve what we got because we certainly had our choice

Our secondary played very well today. When you give any QB 6-7 seconds to throw the ball he can usually find someone open.

The battle is won and lost in the trenches. Our DL & OL didn't do much today at all. Definately a step back for our linemen.

He had 141 yards, not 163 yards

61+58+22=141

This is the first time I have heard return yards included in the NFL.

Porky said:
And, to throw in my 2 cents, I have said it till I was blue in the face for months. I finally stopped saying it, becase I was tired of the usual homerism. Saying your favorite team made a mistake is a punishable offense around here. But, who cares. This is a forum to state your opinion. So, I will say it again - Passing up Bush was a huge mistake, and will come back to bite them in the ass over and over again.

Fox seemed to be doing a great job of that as well showing Reggie's stats in the bottom left corner every now and again.

Congrats to the Eagles and their fans - Cowboys will win the NFC East. Texans... *sigh let's get it together.

The Dream said:
reggie is better than mario....period.

Reggie may not last as long as Mario in terms of years. Good day for Reggie. Not so good for Mario and VY. Ah welll. Reggie's not here, and we've gotta make due w/ what we've got.

Oh BTW our so called fans that were at the game YOU GUYS STINK!!!!! Make some noise people. It sounded like a Rockets game at Reliant. We were in that game till the D let us down. O-line didn't look great today either.

run-david-run said:
What are people talking about, no improvement? We are just a little bit of luck form going in to half time with a 14-7 lead. I really think that changed the game right there, we had been the better team but we didnt finish the half. As a young team, you know that got to them and we never really recovered after that. We played well enough in the first half to win, if we could get a simmillar performance in the sencond half.

We could have easily had 3 or 4 more victories last year also. We played "well enough" but fell apart at the end (see Rams and 49ers for 2 off the top of my head).

We have to give the team time, but I have to admit today was frustrating.

bigbrewster2000 said:
Oh BTW our so called fans that were at the game YOU GUYS STINK!!!!! Make some noise people. It sounded like a Rockets game at Reliant. We were in that game till the D let us down. O-line didn't look great today either.

Biggest disappointment of the game was the fans. I thought we were at a tennis match, not a football game. Get off your hands people!

bigbrewster2000 said:
60 something rushing and 60 something passing and 20 yards returning totaling 143 not 160 something. Our D was the issue not the offense.

Another thing is that he only averaged 5.6 yards per touch. If that was rushing only that would be extremely impressive, but adding punt returns and receiving yards, it is less impressive. Still good, but nothing shocking.

Its always easy to feel good when your team wins, but let me take off my Eagles hat and share some hopefully objective thoughts about the Texans' performance.

-- Your Offense came out after the initial kickoff and not only made a strong statement, but scored as well.

-- Your Defense stuffed the Eagles on their first two drives

-- David Carr had a solid performance. His QB Rating will probably be over 100. He showed great presence in the pocket. He bounced up when sacked. He ran for 25 yards when his receivers couldn't get open. Kubiak has a lot to work with ... certainly no deer in the headlights.

-- You played a team that felt it was important to make a statement.

-- None of the Texans players looked like they gave up. They played from whistle to whistle.

All in all I saw a Texans team on the field that I would be proud to be a fan of.

Now all you need to do is win on September 24th, October 15th and November 5th!!:fans:

This is only one game. The pass offense will be good especially if the running game can get rolling. This is a very good Philly team. They are not the same team as last year's Philly team. Neither are the Texans. If you look at this game and any of the other games last year it is night and day. The result was the same. But seriously people, did anyone REALLY think that this team could be fixed in one year?? I am going to be pleased as long as I see improvement as I did today. I dare say that the expansion year was a better team than last year's team so Kubes and company are starting in the hole.

This may have been a much different story if we could have punched it in on that mid 4th quarter drive. That would have got us within 7 and then you just need a stop to get the ball back and challenge to tie it up. This young team is going to have to learn how to win. Under Capers they were accustomed to losing.

Last thought here to put it in perspective. What would the score have been with last year's team against this year's Eagles? I say 45 - 3. My point is that we are headed in the right direction. Be patient.

I think (after watching them play today) that the Eagles are gonna be a force to be reckoned with no matter who they play

I hope Ron Dayne gets healthy. It was so quiet in Reliant it made me said. I mean the Eagles are on 3rd Down people. Make some damn noise!

I only saw the first quarter and part of the fourth but from what I saw, the Eagles Run D was pretty darn good.
I only have the preseason game against the Brncos to compare, but there were no running holes against the Eagles D where there were holes against the Bronco's D who runs the same offensive scheme.

The Eagles were just damn good on Run D.

The Texans pass offense looked better than last year. Carr didn't look like a deer in headlights. Even my wife who knows almost nothing about Football commented on how he has more time to pass this game than in past years.

I think Carr is going to be fine. Once he decideds he has TE's the entire game he'll even be great.

A tough loss. But it was entertaining.

Which is something I couldn't say for many games last year.

The Dude Abides said:
Was it just me or did Lewis Sanders look amazingly bad

He got his hands on two balls. He tackled fairly well. He did bite pretty badly on play action. He wasn't burned that badly aside of the Stallworth TD. I think he played fairly well, add some pass rush to the equation and his performance looks much better.

Eagles were rusty but there are a young team and have a few new guys playing. They are always rusty in week 1.

Oh yeah................

CROW!!!!!!!!!!!! Line up! :wild:

flylikeaneagle said:
Eagles were rusty but there are a young team and have a few new guys playing. They are always rusty in week 1.

Oh yeah................

CROW!!!!!!!!!!!! Line up! :wild:

I called a 24 eagles 17 Texans loss before hand I like to think I was close. Also I think the game was closer then the final score shows. Good luck the rest of the way Eagles fans.

RiotCommander said:
I called a 24 eagles 17 Texans loss before hand I like to think I was close. Also I think the game was closer then the final score shows. Good luck the rest of the way Eagles fans.

Well, it could have easily gone 31-10 if the Eagles did not kneel in the ball in the red zone. Or even 27-10 with a FG.

Seriously though, you guys as fans were great. Thank you for all of the hospitality. You guys need to keep the crowd going entering the 2nd half. It died in there quickly.

We had over 8,000 Eagles fans there... maybe close to 10,000. That was very surprising. We sat with a group of 40 or so and we even had Texans fans singing the Fight Song with us. LOL! Everyone around us was great but a couple idiots down on the end. Not bad for a place with 71,000 fans. You guys will get better and improve. Hang in there. Good luck to the Texans and beat the hell out of the Cowboys. Thank you again.

flylikeaneagle said:
Well, it could have easily gone 31-10 if the Eagles did not kneel in the ball in the red zone. Or even 27-10 with a FG.

Seriously though, you guys as fans were great. Thank you for all of the hospitality. You guys need to keep the crowd going entering the 2nd half. It died in there quickly.

We had over 8,000 Eagles fans there... maybe close to 10,000. That was very surprising. We sat with a group of 40 or so and we even had Texans fans singing the Fight Song with us. LOL! Everyone around us was great but a couple idiots down on the end. Not bad for a place with 71,000 fans. You guys will get better and improve. Hang in there. Good luck to the Texans and beat the hell out of the Cowboys. Thank you again.

All of the Eagle fans I met over this weekend were great. They all showed class and were very appreciative of the hospitality shown to them.

The Texans came out swinging and after that they turned into a punching bag. Carr showed everyone he could be a very good QB. What I was trying to tell you guys but nobody wanted to listen is that zone-blocking isn't some miracle scheme that works wonders for any team that runs it, otherwise, every team would run it. You still need a good offensive line to have a good run game, no matter what your scheme is.

Also, for the guy who said Carr would never get sacked, I salute you.

And to the guy who said the Texans have the edge in every aspect of the game except for LB, DB and ST, I salute you too.

The Texans have shown that they are rebuilding and I think they are going in a good direction, and if I were to build a team I would work from the lines outward, which is what Kubiak and your GM (whoever he is) is doing. Here's a good luck, and a hope that you guys don't get the first pick again.

And oh yeah, BEAT THE COWBOYS!

The Texans will lose next weeks game also against Colts, and they may go 0-4 during bye week. I also think Sage will come off the bench maybe after the bye week, or before.

I know ya'll are Texans fans, I'am too. But, we all know that David Carr don't have what it takes to lead this team to playoffs, or Super Bowl. They trying to make this guy out of something that he's not.

To be truthly honest with ya'll. I see this team 0-5 before they get any better.

So, Texans fans. Get ready for another disappointing season. And they may be contenders for the first round draft pick next year.

BattleRed37 said:
The Texans will lose next weeks game also against Colts, and they may go 0-4 during bye week. I also think Sage will come off the bench maybe after the bye week, or before.

I know ya'll are Texans fans, I'am too. But, we all know that David Carr don't have what it takes to lead this team to playoffs, or Super Bowl. They trying to make this guy out of something that he's not.

To be truthly honest with ya'll. I see this team 0-5 before they get any better.

So, Texans fans. Get ready for another disappointing season. And they may be contenders for the first round draft pick next year.

After one game?

BattleRed37 said:

I don't care if you said your a Texans fan, I officially label you a Troll.

My reason?

The defining trait for a Troll is predicting that the team of the message board you are posting on will lose the next game immeadiatly following the end of the previous game.

We will beat the Colts, go back to your forums.

Back