Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already been thru this and it's been proven with links that Joseph was the 1st choice (Cincy wouldn't let him interview) and there's no need to throw another thread off track.

Carry on

Yes we have been thru it. Asking to interview doesn't mean 1st choice. Wade was coming off HC and had publicly mused about retirement.

Yes we have been thru it. Asking to interview doesn't mean 1st choice. Wade was coming off HC and had publicly mused about retirement.

Really,

Retirement went so well for Wade he made another SB with the Rams this yr.

Usually people who get interviewed 1st are the 1st choice for the job particularly when both of the interviewees worked with the HC in the past. But hey, maybe thing dont work this way in your world.

Anyways, I'm moving on and we will have to agree to disagree.

Really,

Usually people who get interviewed 1st are the 1st choice for the job particularly when both of the interviewees worked with the HC in the past. But hey, maybe thing dont work this way in your world.

Lol, people get interviewed as schedules permit. Joseph didn't get interviewed even, they inquired.

This is just made up crap. If they had only moved on Wade and he declined you'd be beating them up for stupidly putting all their eggs in one basket.

The way this happens is a list is made and they are contacted and scheduled if interested as time permits.

Lol, people get interviewed as schedules permit. Joseph didn't get interviewed even, they inquired.

This is just made up crap. If they had only moved on Wade and he declined you'd be beating them up for stupidly putting all their eggs in one basket.

The way this happens is a list is made and they are contacted and scheduled if interested as time permits.

The fact that you get people to believe crap like this in a courtroom is simply amazing.

He just saw how this happens with the two check-the-box, faux interviews the Texans conducted for GM when O'Brien really was/is after Caserio.

Really,

Then MOVEON. Dammit you post nonstop crap on every thread. You post all day long every day. Clearly you don’t work. Shinobi, you have the perfect image for this guy. Really, just how many frickin times a day do you have to parrot your Texans suck crap. Good god!

He just saw how this happens with the two check-the-box, faux interviews the Texans conducted for GM when O'Brien really was/is after Caserio.

A huge difference between a GM job and an asst coach job. That was nothing more than the Rooney Rule Sham

Would you say most businesses interview the person they're most interested in hiring 1st? I would, in fact BOB was the Texans guy when he was hired and interviewed 1st (Maybe there was a Rooney rule guy interviewed beforehand)

Then MOVEON. Dammit you post nonstop crap on every thread. You post all day long every day. Clearly you don’t work. Shinobi, you have the perfect image for this guy. Really, just how many frickin times a day do you have to parrot your Texans suck crap. Good god!
If he bothers you so much, just ignore him. That's what the ignore feature is for.

A huge difference between a GM job and an asst coach job. That was nothing more than the Rooney Rule Sham

Would you say most businesses interview the person they're most interested in hiring 1st? I would, in fact BOB was the Texans guy when he was hired and interviewed 1st (Maybe there was a Rooney rule guy interviewed beforehand)

You're so demonstrably wrong it isn't funny. E.g. Vic Fangio was the 5th candidate interviewed before becoming HC of the Broncos. Link. If anything, interviewing a "favored" last is more common than 1st.

Know the really funny part. The Browns, who’s praises you have been singing, just this year disproved your argument. They interviewed 5 guys, of which only two would fall under Rooney Rule, and then ended up promoting in house.

Their possible Rooney Rule guys, though both candidates are legit so I believe they were real interviews, were the third and fifth guys interviewed. Their first guy was also in house and moved to the Jets in a lateral move when he got passed over. So not only did they not hire the first guy interviewed but then he left so they had to hire a new DC along with a new OC that got promoted.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/freddie-kitchens-named-browns-head-coach

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...linebackers-coach-brian-flores-for-head-coach

Know the really funny part. The Browns, who’s praises you have been singing, just this year disproved your argument. They interviewed 5 guys, of which only two would fall under Rooney Rule, and then ended up promoting in house.

Their possible Rooney Rule guys, though both candidates are legit so I believe they were real interviews, were the third and fifth guys interviewed. Their first guy was also in house and moved to the Jets in a lateral move when he got passed over. So not only did they not hire the first guy interviewed but then he left so they had to hire a new DC along with a new OC that got promoted.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/freddie-kitchens-named-browns-head-coach

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...linebackers-coach-brian-flores-for-head-coach

And the Browns sucked until they brought in Dorsey after for some reason the Chiefs let him go and he's currently running the Browns like he did the Chiefs. I expect them to be contenders in no time.

Smartest thing he did was hire McCloughan who recommended the Mayfield pick.

Dorsey is the kids guy I wish was running the Texans.

You're so demonstrably wrong it isn't funny. E.g. Vic Fangio was the 5th candidate interviewed before becoming HC of the Broncos. Link. If anything, interviewing a "favored" last is more common than 1st.

Keep on using those outliers,

Tell me was Gruden the 1st choice after the Rooney rule? How about Arians? McDani although he turned them down How about Shanny?

Keep on using those outliers,

Tell me was Gruden the 1st choice after the Rooney rule? How about Arians? McDani although he turned them down How about Shanny?

Do your own researxh. I know you're just throwing names out. And don't move the goalposts. The assertion was 1st interview was 1st choice.

Do your own researxh. I know you're just throwing names out. And don't move the goalposts. The assertion was 1st interview was 1st choice.

Check out the names I listed and quit looking for every little outlier or word that may not be exactly word for word but has the same meaning.

Our very own Vrabel is one of the guys I'm talking about.

Also you're flat out wrong on this when it comes to Joseph but you've done an excellent job of F'n up this thread and you wonder why long time people have left/are leaving. I will give you this you're the most egotistical bastard I know outside of some of my family.

Thx for the advice now go F yourself.

Arians wad 3rd guy interviewed after KC OC & Vikings DC.

Not bothering to look up more. You clearly didn't.

After the minority candidates.

BTW, lets look at the 2 teams in the AFCCG last yr.

1st interviews after the Rooney rule

New England- BB

Chiefs- Reid.

Lets just move on I'm really sick of responding to you.

Nice racist response.

I didn't make the Rooney Rule

But thx for calling me a racists. I'm anything but this and if you knew me you would know better than this. But if you feel I'm a racists then please dont respond to me. I know I wouldn't want to have a response to a racist. I dont take these kinds of accusations lightly.

BTW, Cheifs?
Pats?

The Rooney rule requires 1 minority interview.

Spare me Belichick, as you say an outlier. And Kraft has said if Dom Capers' flight hadn't delayed his interview a day he would have hired him.

So what on Reid, he was sought by at least 3 teams and was thought to already be locked up by Arizona.

If you don't want your remarks to be called racist, don't assume the black guys, OC for a great O & DC for a great D, were just because they were black.

The Rooney rule requires 1 minority interview.

Spare me Belichick, as you say an outlier. And Kraft has said if Dom Capers' flight hadn't delayed his interview a day he would have hired him.

So what on Reid, he was sought by at least 3 teams and was thought to already be locked up by Arizona.

If you don't want your remarks to be called racist, don't assume the black guys, OC for a great O & DC for a great D, were just because they were black.

Nice dodge, Call me a racist if you want to but the Rooney rule is what it is and if you notice most minority interviews get held 1st. Does this make the McNair's racists?

Go away

Don't insult the Rockets. lol

;)

At least the Rockets went 7 games in a WCF. The Texans haven't been to an AFCCG yet. :toropalm:

Some Texans fans are so pathetic.

It's impossible to defend their on field product compared to the Astros/Rockets.

J, do you ever wonder about old time members disappearing? Ever think about why? Who is it that turns every thread into the same old **** show?

Hint: It's not 'Cak or KDog or TB74 or Mangler... maybe it's Thorn or JB or Obsi, we all know what old curmudgeons they are. Try giving Bill and Sandy a call maybe... or look in a mirror

Why?

I wold love to do the same with Cak but I'm not allowed too.

I spend far too much time responding to him.
Because you post like a troll looking to start arguments and defend indefensible positions with a lot of passion. As far as Cak goes, quit letting him bait you.

I'll bet you have a theory that the Texans FO and/or ownership is somehow behind Whataburger being sold. That last part is sarcasm, but you bring that topic (FO/ownership) into every single thread, regardless of topic.

Because you post like a troll looking to start arguments and defend indefensible positions with a lot of passion. As far as Cak goes, quit letting him bait you.

I'll bet you have a theory that the Texans FO and/or ownership is somehow behind Whataburger being sold. That last part is sarcasm, but you bring that topic (FO/ownership) into every single thread, regardless of topic.

Nope, I know that some on here say the Texans org has been as successful as the Astros/Rockets.

Yes, the Texans have been run like crap for years and most likely will never win a SB as long as they are owned by the McNair's.

That may be a tough pill to swallow for some but that's not my fault

You are right though about Cak but unfortunately he has this site set up where if you're going to be a member you have to read his incessant drivel I'm going to have to try the guys away method, or leave the site until the season starts.

You are right though about Cak but unfortunately he has this site set up where if you're going to be a member you have to read his incessant drivel I'm going to have to try the guys away method, or leave the site until the season starts.

Don't misrepresent. As you have repeatedly been told, I have had zero to do with the site's setup. That feature is straight from the software company.

Nope, I know that some on here say the Texans org has been as successful as the Astros/Rockets.

Yes, the Texans have been run like crap for years and most likely will never win a SB as long as they are owned by the McNair's.

That may be a tough pill to swallow for some but that's not my fault

I don't think anyone is arguing about the Astros.

Let me make this easy for you concerning the Rockets.

1. Did they win a championship anytime in the last 5 years? No

2. Did they make it to the Finals and lose anytime in the last 5 years? No

No Finals appearances. No titles. So basically we are debating who failed less, Rockets or Texans.

Because I would go to Vegas and lay odds that you would call the Texans a failure for getting to the AFCCG two times in five years and never getting to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is arguing about the Astros.

Let me make this easy for you concerning the Rockets.

1. Did they win a championship anytime in the last 5 years? No

2. Did they make it to the Finals and lose anytime in the last 5 years? No

No Finals appearances. No titles. So basically we are debating who failed less, Rockets or Texans.

Because I would go to Vegas and lay odds that you would call the Texans a failure for getting to the AFCCG two times in five years and never getting to the Super Bowl.

If they reach the AFCCG next year you would be wrong. Of they make it 3 yrs in a row and don't make a SB because they didn't make the moves they needed to reach a SB, you would be correct.

If they reach the AFCCG next year you would be wrong. Of they make it 3 yrs in a row and don't make a SB because they didn't make the moves they needed to reach a SB, you would be correct.

The Rockets made the playoffs each of the last five years and the Western Conference Finals twice, but failed to get past that point. Are they a success or a failure?

Five years of winning the division, having high playoff seeding and making deep playoff runs. But no Finals appearances. Are they a success or a failure?

Moray has made move after move after move and they have not gotten to the Finals. Are they a success or a failure?

Tilman and Les spent a ton of money on max contracts and they have not gotten to the Finals. Are they a success or a failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back