Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I just believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when I disagree with them.

Ignoring them is, in my opinion, an attempt on my part to deprive them of that right.

I come closest to using the ignore feature on people who insist on making everything racial, but I haven't.

I suppose if a person has been subjected to racism most of their life everything becomes racial? idonno:

:coffee:

I respect this way of thinking.

I value my time more.

I respect this way of thinking.

I value my time more.

I find it helps not to respond to Cak (and others) when you disagree with them. That is a waste of time.

I am as hard headed as the next guy and arguing is a waste of time.

I think Cak went to Berkeley which could explain a lot. :)

But to give credit where credit is due he figured Obrien out before I did.

With our brain trust they don't see things until it is TOO LATE.
Last year
OL bad
WR weak and still depending on Fuller
Secondary weak
RB below average
This year
OL bad. Bad luck that Watson injured. Bull **** with our OL it will be a miracle if he isn't
WR weak and still counting on Fuller and Coutee Bad luck they got hurt again. Bullshit what did you expect.
RB is an issue again. Brain trust says "Don't know what happened" Miller hurt and lost a step. Bullshit
Not trading Clowney this year ( Comes into camp out of shape and it takes 4 games to get game ready and then he has many minor no major injuries that affect his play this year ) Less value in trade next year plus after this season do they even dare franchise again. Bad luck says the Brains. Bullshit

Texans end up in lower quarter and we are told bad luck and injuries. BULLSHIT.

These Texan criticisms of yours just cannot be valid or accurate.

If I am to beleive objective parties with no agenda like Seth Payne, John McClain, Rich Lord, Sean Pendergast, Jon Harris, the Texans:

1) Are elite on offense at QB, TE and WR. Deshaun Watson is "the top NFL commodity on the planet earth". (Sean Pendergast).
2) OL - There is enough there for them to finish upper half of the NFL. Which is more than enough considering the Texans are elite at QB, TE and WR
3) Freeman is just waiting to burst at RB. Miller / Freeman will be a top tandem in the NFL.
4) Texans have the top front 7 in the NFL.
5) Secondary will be better than last year because Gipson and Roby represent upgrades, plus the guys they drafted.

How will the Texans win less than 12 games and lose any earlier than the AFC title game, i'm wondering now.

I'm also wondering why, since Rick Smith and Brian Gaine are 100% responsible for the utopia I described above, why these local radio guys are now acting like it's such a good thing the Texans are looking for a new GM? Seems very contradictory.

Last edited:
The only posters you cant put on ignore are Hookem/Cak,

I would like to know why this is,

You seriously can't figure this out?

I mean I know the double posting is a mystery beyond most of our comprehension (even though it appears to consistently afflict you more than others)..

But you can't figure out why you can't ignore Hookem & 'cak?

These Texan criticisms of yours just cannot be valid or accurate.

If I am to beleive objective parties with no agenda like Seth Payne, John McClain, Rich Lord, Sean Pendergast, Jon Harris, the Texans:

1) Are elite on offense at QB, TE and WR. Deshaun Watson is "the top NFL commodity on the planet earth". (Sean Pendergast).
2) OL - There is enough there for them to finish upper half of the NFL. Which is more than enough considering the Texans are elite at QB, TE and WR
3) Freeman is just waiting to burst at RB. Miller / Freeman will be a top tandem in the NFL.
4) Texans have the top front 7 in the NFL.
5) Secondary will be better than last year because Gipson and Roby represent upgrades, plus the guys they drafted.

How will the Texans win less than 12 games and lose any earlier than the AFC title game, i'm wondering now.

I'm also wondering why, since Rick Smith and Brian Gaine are 100% responsible for the utopia I described above, why these local radio guys are now acting like it's such a good thing the Texans are looking for a new GM? Seems very contradictory.

The only guy I see willing to call them out is Brian t smith and people on message boards. Everyone else seems to be giving the benefit of the doubt as much as possible

You seriously can't figure this out?

I mean I know the double posting is a mystery beyond most of our comprehension (even though it appears to consistently afflict you more than others)..

But you can't figure out why you can't ignore Hookem & 'cak?

Because that's the way they want it.

I guess I just believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when I disagree with them.
Ignoring them is, in my opinion, an attempt on my part to deprive them of that right.

I come closest to using the ignore feature on people who insist on making everything racial, but I haven't.

I suppose if a person has been subjected to racism most of their life everything becomes racial? idonno:

I could see mods banning someone as an attempt to deprive someone of their opinion, but individuals ignoring someone isn't, imo. That's just one person who finds another person obnoxious and doesn't want to be bothered by that person. Kinda like blocking a phone number from a prank caller or blocking some jackass on Facebook.

I could see mods banning someone as an attempt to deprive someone of their opinion, but individuals ignoring someone isn't, imo. That's just one person who finds another person obnoxious and doesn't want to be bothered by that person. Kinda like blocking a phone number from a prank caller or blocking some jackass on Facebook.

That's definitely another way of looking at it.

Different levels of tolerance I suppose.

I just feel that the purpose of my being here it to gain information and get others opinions of the state of the Texan football team. Once in awhile I even add something to the discussion.

Sadly, as you say, the occasional disturbing posts do show up. Some purposeful (trolls) and some from a lack of understanding / education. Sometimes, however, even those people show some lucidity and make informative posts. I take info anywhere I can get it. :)

Thanks for the reply.

I gave up on O'Brien in 2015 during the whole hoyer mallet fiasco. That was eye opening. I still can't believe he was so high on mallet. The most inaccurate qb outside of tebow in NFL history.

I have always wanted to keep Crennel. I would have made Vrabel head coach and brought in an OC

I gave up on O'Brien in 2015 during the whole hoyer mallet fiasco. That was eye opening. I still can't believe he was so high on mallet. The most inaccurate qb outside of tebow in NFL history.

I have always wanted to keep Crennel. I would have made Vrabel head coach and brought in an OC

Vrabel was a better coach than buttchin, before he even left here to coach his first game.
Good call KDog.
And your bang on, hoyer/mallet circus shows us that he has no idea when it comes to evaluating talent. Which is exactly why we are in big trouble now, with him calling all the shots on draft picks

So did Jeff Fisher.

But Bill Belicheck didn’t.
BB is the son of HC and was learning coaching from childhood.

An interesting tidbit from the article That shows why things turned out like they did a la Nick Caserio:
Belichick had two different stints as the head coach of the New York Jets without ever coaching a game.

In February 1997, Belichick, who had been an assistant coach under Bill Parcells with the New York Giants and New England Patriots, was named the Jets interim head coach while the Jets and Patriots continued to negotiate compensation to release Parcells from his contract with the Patriots and allow Parcells to coach the Jets.[35] Six days later, the Patriots and Jets reached an agreement that allowed Parcells to coach the Jets, and Belichick became the team's assistant head coach and defensive coordinator.[36]

When Parcells stepped down as head coach after the 1999 season, he had already arranged with team management to have Belichick succeed him. However, Belichick would be the New York Jets' head coach for only one day. When Belichick was introduced as head coach to the media—the day after his hiring was publicized—he turned it into a surprise resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a napkin that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps.[37]

Soon after this bizarre turn of events, he was introduced as the Patriots' 12th full-time head coach, succeeding the recently fired Pete Carroll.[38] The Patriots had tried to hire him away from Parcells/the Jets in the past.[citation needed] Parcells and the Jets claimed that Belichick was still under contract to the Jets, and demanded compensation from the Patriots. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue agreed, and the Patriots gave the Jets a first-round draft pick in 2000 in exchange for the right to hire Belichick

Fair point, even if semantically incorrect. There are 5 current NFL GM's that have been on an NFL roster.

I'm not saying Bill O'Brien won't be any good since he's never been a NFL player. I'm saying I dont see the connection between Matt Millen & Bill O'Brien.

I'm not saying Bill O'Brien won't be any good since he's never been a NFL player. I'm saying I dont see the connection between Matt Millen & Bill O'Brien.
Millen was an awful GM for the Lions, completely blowing high draft picks. Ditto for OB, just on the coaching side of things. Playoff appearances are next to meaningless when it's consistently 1 and done.

Millen was an awful GM for the Lions, completely blowing high draft picks. Ditto for OB, just on the coaching side of things. Playoff appearances are next to meaningless when it's consistently 1 and done.

What Doc said. Millen was spectacularly awful as a GM. Singlehandedly ruined the Lions organization. Although I don't see the connection between being a historically bad GM and an average NFL coach.
Yeah. I bet that's what TexansBull was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back