Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You act like we were out there getting lit up every game with no chance to win against winning teams. We do consistently challenge & the only game against a winning team you can say we were soundly defeated in last year was the 1st game of the season against the Pats. All the others we had chances to win or tie late and the on-field talent failed in 1 fashion or another. Whether it was the defense failing to stop Foles after we took the lead in Philly.............or JD Clowney jumping offsides against the Colts on a 3rd & 1 late...the games were there to be had. That's why the saying is "players make plays..." not "coaches make calls".

"Consistenly challenge" is, of course, what you aspire to after 5 years.

So we went from trying to copy the Broncos to trying to copy the Patriots and we still havent gotten to an AFC championship game? SMH.

Denver system would have worked had it not been for Haynesworth.
maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, just made me think Scooby Doo.

@ChronBrianSmith: Right now, O’Brien is Texans’ coach, offensive playcaller and personnel decision maker. Texans still searching for his third GM since 2017 season.

O’Brien having all the power is gonna end so horribly wrong! I will watch the Texans games this season, as I always do every season, only now I’ll be even more dejected than I already was since 2014.

@BrianCoz

How are the Texans not getting destroyed? They fired a GM in June after winning a division title because clearly the HC wanted a specific replacement and they whiffed on that person because they did not understand his contract. That is brutal.
If that doesn’t make Cal say “f uck this guy!” Then I don’t know what will.

O’Brien having all the power is gonna end so horribly wrong! I will watch the Texans games this season, as I always do every season, only now I’ll be even more dejected than I already was since 2014.
Don't allow yourself to get so emotionally wrapped up in something you have absolutely no control over. I'm cool with OB having all of the power. Now us fans (and ownership) know who is calling the shots and can precisely lay blame. I'm all about accountability. You should seriously look into other teams. I'm also closely following the Browns and Chiefs. That was heresy when I was younger, but at 50 it makes being a fan easier.

Don't allow yourself to get so emotionally wrapped up in something you have absolutely no control over. I'm cool with OB having all of the power. Now us fans (and ownership) know who is calling the shots and can precisely lay blame. I'm all about accountability. You should seriously look into other teams. I'm also closely following the Browns and Chiefs. That was heresy when I was younger, but at 50 it makes being a fan easier.
If Cal is as impatient as some claim, 2019 may be the last season of butt chin that we will be forced to endure. Cleaning house 2020.

If Cal is as impatient as some claim, 2019 may be the last season of butt chin that we will be forced to endure. Cleaning house 2020.
I'm down with that. I'm tired of the guessing game about "who is responsible for what" question and very open to being able to pin point that. Give OB what he wants and let him sink or swim. Is Brown known for a swimming program?

I'm down with that. I'm tired of the guessing game about "who is responsible for what" question and very open to being able to pin point that. Give OB what he wants and let him sink or swim. Is Brown known for a swimming program?

We already gave Obrien who he wanted... at this point O'Brien is just randomly picking guys... "I want the pizza guy... yeah, that's my guy"

He's sunk... been thrown a lift jacket and refuses to swim...

SCRAP HIM...

Based on your post history, I call BS

Well I've never said I had insider information before so your basis of using my post history as an argument is pure speculation...
I've got it recorded as well from my insider... I could share with you if you like

Well I've never said I had insider information before so your basis of using my post history as an argument is pure speculation...
I've got it recorded as well from my insider... I could share with you if you like

By all means do so... share with everyone

I've come close, but people tend to quote the idiotic so much you generally have to read anywho

Their quotes don’t show up anymore. So you see nothing. Now sometimes the thread doesn’t make sense because people respond, but that’s a price I’m willing to pay.

Their quotes don’t show up anymore. So you see nothing. Now sometimes the thread doesn’t make sense because people respond, but that’s a price I’m willing to pay.

It changed?

Rare for me but sometimes you can only do so much dumb.

I try very hard not to put anyone on ignore because I dislike this current thread of society where if you don’t like what someone is saying you can just cut them out as though they don’t exist. I think it’s why people are so extreme in their thinking now, they just live in a bubble of people that think like they do.

That said this last week has really tested me as the some of these new people have collectively dropped the IQ of this board by double digits.

I try very hard not to put anyone on ignore because I dislike this current thread of society where if you don’t like what someone is saying you can just cut them out as though they don’t exist. I think it’s why people are so extreme in their thinking now, they just live in a bubble of people that think like they do.

That said this last week has really tested me as the some of these new people have collectively dropped the IQ of this board by double digits.

Agree 100%, but there's a difference between things being said I don't like and a flat out troll on a message board. The former I can deal with, have a conversation, exchange ideas, argue, whatever. Don't have time for ignorance, race baiters, and the like. Conversation and exchanging ideas with an empty bag of sand would go further than giving the same effort to those fools. They just don't care and aren't here to do that. Ain't got time for that shit.

First time for everything... :choke:

To me, ignoring af poster is akin to putting your fingers in your ears and chanting nah nah na nah nah.

Rather juvenile. But that's just one old farts opinion. I have several more. :)

:coffee:

It's easier than wasting time going back and forth.

The only posters you cant put on ignore are Hookem/Cak,

I would like to know why this is, I would like to never see some of the drivel Cak puts out there. You know like his defending of the Texans not being a dysfunctional org that Bud Adams would be proud to call dysfunctional type of dysfunction.

It's easier than wasting time going back and forth.

The only posters you cant put on ignore are Hookem/Cak,

I would like to know why this is, I would like to never see some of the drivel Cak puts out there. You know like his defending of the Texans not being a dysfunctional org that Bud Adams would be proud to call dysfunctional type of dysfunction.

I guess I just believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions, even when I disagree with them.

Ignoring them is, in my opinion, an attempt on my part to deprive them of that right.

I come closest to using the ignore feature on people who insist on making everything racial, but I haven't.

I suppose if a person has been subjected to racism most of their life everything becomes racial? idonno:

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back