Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had a show going for a while now.

I have a friend who listens to him religiously. I’ve only caught his show once when my friend had it on.

No clue as to his credibility or his “sources”.

64b091c758c8b9663ed4b42326862caa.jpg

One thing about a good head coach - he can assemble a good staff and that staff being promoted to HC in the future.

Who can leave OBs staff and had potential to be a future HC?

He’s had a show going for a while now.

I have a friend who listens to him religiously. I’ve only caught his show once when my friend had it on.

No clue as to his credibility or his “sources”.

yea I was bored yesterday so I followed it. He said he wouldn't really believe it either, except it came from someone he respects and trust a lot. He didn't even want to share it until anything else happened, but people kept pushing so he shared it on his stream.

Making the playoffs is a preferrable option to not.
Imho. If that makes me somehow squirrily, then so be it.

I don’t think you get what he’s (and others) are saying.

There are more options than not making the playoffs and making them and being embarrassed.

He has credible sauces, his sauces say that there will be change.....that is a troll page, full on twitter troll page

Agree.

If someone big was on the move or conversations being had you would think someone like Schefter would break in.

Hell - we know OB plays the media game and leaks stuff.

Remember the year when Carmelo Anthony was supposed to join the rockets? There was some guy who said deal was done and it was going to be announced at 4PM on a Tuesday? Then it never happened.

Agree.

If someone big was on the move or conversations being had you would think someone like Schefter would break in.

Remember the year when Carmelo Anthony was supposed to join the rockets? There was some guy who said deal was done and it was going to be announced at 4PM on a Tuesday? Then it never happened.

The Melo deal was done, everything for it was in place and then they balked at the last minute. Similar to what the Orioles did to the Stros 2 years ago with Britton(I think is his name).

Guys like Schefter have to much riding on their word, to even hint at something like this without it being confirmed. Idk much about Honcho(guy who runs Sauce Sports) his long time followers and fans say he isn't the type to clout chase, and make up rumors to get clicks. Chances are someone he trusts just fed him some bad info, he made a tweet saying something may happen based on this bad info and people ran with it until he finally caved and just decided to share what he heard. I'm not gonna blast a guy for getting something wrong

Agree.

to be fair it was regarded to be on the "goal line" or "10 yard line" if I can remember

64b091c758c8b9663ed4b42326862caa.jpg

One thing about a good head coach - he can assemble a good staff and that staff being promoted to HC in the future.

Who can leave OBs staff and had potential to be a future HC?

Vrabel?

On another note, what is OB better at 5 years into this than he was 5 years ago? I seriously can't think of one single thing. Talent eval hasn't improved that I can tell. Hell, it was just last season that he had Savage starting over Watson. I'm not even convinced he wanted to trade up and get Watson. He still tries to force square pegs into round holes. Game management, in game adjustments, game plan, all still the same. There's no growth to this guy whatsoever.

1-3 in the playoffs, with the only win coming against a team with a 3rd string rookie who was making his 1st ever NFL start and hasn't taken a single NFL snap since. Outscored 85-23 in the 3 losses. Those games are nowhere near being close.

11-27 against teams with a winning record. I get that even the best are somewhere around .500, OB is at .289.

That track record after 4 seasons didn't change much after this 5th season and that was worth a 4 year extension? There's some serious drugs down on Kirby.

Vrabel?

On another note, what is OB better at 5 years into this than he was 5 years ago? I seriously can't think of one single thing. Talent eval hasn't improved that I can tell. Hell, it was just last season that he had Savage starting over Watson. I'm not even convinced he wanted to trade up and get Watson. He still tries to force square pegs into round holes. Game management, in game adjustments, game plan, all still the same. There's no growth to this guy whatsoever.

1-3 in the playoffs, with the only win coming against a team with a 3rd string rookie who was making his 1st ever NFL start and hasn't taken a single NFL snap since. Outscored 85-23 in the 3 losses. Those games are nowhere near being close.

11-27 against teams with a winning record. I get that even the best are somewhere around .500, OB is at .289.

That track record after 4 seasons didn't change much after this 5th season and that was worth a 4 year extension? There's some serious drugs down on Kirby.

Rick Smith!

Vrabel?

Man Tex doesn't want to hear the truth and neither do quite a few Bill O'Brien Homer's.

Vrabel?

Wouldn’t RAC be credited with Vrabel since that was the defensive side of the ball?

Your post about OB showing no growth in 5 years was spot on.

We still don’t know who’s job it is to call time outs.

We still don’t know what this “complicated” offense is.

The only thing we do know is that we have a stud QB and a stud WR. Some talent at safety.

Outside of that, we have no offensive line. No RB. TEs that can’t be used because the Oline sucks. A secondary that can’t cover. And a defense as a whole that is long in the tooth and is pass its prime.

What are OBs accomplishments?

Oh wait...

Doesn’t matter Brian. Three division championships.

Wouldn’t RAC be credited with Vrabel since that was the defensive side of the ball?

Your post about OB showing no growth in 5 years was spot on.

We still don’t know who’s job it is to call time outs.

We still don’t know what this “complicated” offense is.

The only thing we do know is that we have a stud QB and a stud WR. Some talent at safety.

Outside of that, we have no offensive line. No RB. TEs that can’t be used because the Oline sucks. A secondary that can’t cover. And a defense as a whole that is long in the tooth and is pass its prime.

What are OBs accomplishments?

Oh wait...

Doesn’t matter Brian. Three division championships.

Exactly!

Vrabel?

Yea I heard that same take by a caller today (was that you) which is spot on. ZERO discernible improvement in any phase of being a HC in the NFL.

My mom and I lived in Channelview in the 70s and she had a poster on one of the walls in a spare room.....and I realize now that I'm starting to turn into that vulture sitting on the limb in the poster with the other vulture that says "patience my ass I'm going to kill something"

O'Brien is completely reliant on Hopkins (drafted by Kubiak) and Watson (drafted by Rick maybe?) and has nothing else. I give him credit for Fuller and maybe Coutee, but that's like 3 good offensive players he's drafted in 5 years.

Talent evaluation on the offensive side is a problem. At least the defense got McKinney, Cunningham, Reid, some dlineman, etc.

Man Tex doesn't want to hear the truth and neither do quite a few Bill O'Brien Homer's.

The truth is you nor a few others can be remotely objective when discussing BoB.

And just about every one of your criticisms are subjective as hell; some are just flat out stupid & remind me of this gem about Kubiak....

“Fire him, He’s soft as hell b/c he can’t even watch a game winning FG attempt!”

O'Brien is completely reliant on Hopkins (drafted by Kubiak) and Watson (drafted by Rick maybe?) and has nothing else. I give him credit for Fuller and maybe Coutee, but that's like 3 good offensive players he's drafted in 5 years.

Talent evaluation on the offensive side is a problem. At least the defense got McKinney, Cunningham, Reid, some dlineman, etc.

Lets give Gaine a full draft and then START to come to a conclusion.

A HC is dependent on his 2 best offensive players? Shocker.

LOL

Some around here would expect BOB to scheme the team to a SB minus Watson/Hopkins.

His premise is wrong anyhow. Fuller Foreman and Coutee have all shown that they can play on this level they’ve just been hurt. Martin is avg but not a bum, Thomas and Akins look very promising

Rankin we’ll see on.

Literally the only certified fails on offense are XSF and it’s looking like Davenport....

So it appears to me the talent evaluation on that side of the ball is just fine.

Fix the o-line and get even 2 of those skill guys healthy for a full 16 and the offense is hella better.

The truth is you nor a few others can be remotely objective when discussing BoB.

And just about every one of your criticisms are subjective as hell; some are just flat out stupid & remind me of this gem about Kubiak....

“Fire him, He’s soft as hell b/c he can’t even watch a game winning FG attempt!”

All of your comments are either subjective or hyperbole. And dude he is not getting fired no time soon. So I don't throw that bullcrap around. I don't like his system and how it's employed. I don't like how his teams comes out lethargic and uninspired too freaking often. I have given this joker his props too.

And please stop the nonsense. Calling people's comments stupid and all sorts of crap is flat out disrespectful.

His premise is wrong anyhow. Fuller Foreman and Coutee have all shown that they can play on this level they’ve just been hurt. Martin is avg but not a bum, Thomas and Akins look very promising

Rankin we’ll see on.

Literally the only certified fails on offense are XSF and it’s looking like Davenport....

So it appears to me the talent evaluation on that side of the ball is just fine.

Fix the o-line and get even 2 of those skill guys healthy for a full 16 and the offense is hella better.

You omit the slew of failed QBs and...
Fiedo
Hilliard
Mumphrey
Strong
Braxton Miller

I'll take that bet.

Nice bluff.

Your lack of reading comprehension never ceases to amaze nor your hypocrisy after holding Kubiak to an anything but the SB is a failure standard.

Talk to the person I was responding to that included X.

I'm pretty sure you said NOT ONE and the very next post there was ONE.

No hypocrisy, I'm going to hold BOB to the same standard I held Kubiak too after 3 yrs with a GM that shares his vision. I've said many times this was a 3 yr rebuild after the mess the former GM left. Nothing that has happened this yr has changed my mind. I gave Smithiak 3 yrs to get the team to true contender status.

I was just pointing out who was the GM that made those calls on those picks. That is all.

Fiedo
Hilliard
Mumphrey
Strong
Braxton Miller

Nice bluff.
Those guys are good examples of why I never get starry-eyed over draft picks right after they’re made. XSF and Fiedo were 1st picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the same draft. Of course at the time I came to accept the picks like a good fan should. Time would prove not only did they miss on those picks but also 4th round pick QB Tom Savage.

Bad luck or poor evaluation, I don’t think the Texans ever fully recovered from that draft. Considering that, I have to believe it was at least 50/50 split between luck and player evaluation. Otherwise they would have figured it out by now. They’re still a mediocre team. I can say that because if you’re a better than mediocre team you at least show up for the playoffs. 21-7 didn’t come close to telling the whole story.

I'm pretty sure you said NOT ONE and the very next post there was ONE.

Still nope. He said it's their job to field a competitive team and it is.

Stupid hypothetical anyway. 11 other teams were in the playoffs without Watson & Hopkins...and if we didn't have them we'd have other players.

Yea I heard that same take by a caller today (was that you) which is spot on. ZERO discernible improvement in any phase of being a HC in the NFL.

My mom and I lived in Channelview in the 70s and she had a poster on one of the walls in a spare room.....and I realize now that I'm starting to turn into that vulture sitting on the limb in the poster with the other vulture that says "patience my ass I'm going to kill something"

That was on the radio today? Cool. Glad I'm not the only one wondering.

Fiedo
Hilliard
Mumphrey
Strong
Braxton Miller

Nice bluff.

Yeah forgot about those guys....and Alfred blue. but considering where most of those guys were drafted, 3rd round and below, still got some decent production out of them...about the same that most teams would get.

Obrien traded 3 picks for Strong.

No way we got decent production for that.

Other teams actually have more than 2 or 3 guys who are good on offense, even after injuries.

Obrien traded 3 picks for Strong.

No way we got decent production for that.

Other teams actually have more than 2 or 3 guys who are good on offense, even after injuries.

Seems as though someone can’t keep track of their own narratives. Can’t be propping up Ricky for making all the good picks from those draft and simultaneously absolving him for the bad moves....in this case, the moves made to get Strong. That goes on Smith’s track record too.

As far as your other misguided speil, We have more than 2-3 good players on offense too....when they’re healthy. which is the caveat for PRETTY MUCH EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. Go ask the jags about that.

And Again, I said MOST of the picks..not all. Looking at it just from the Offensive perspective the hits and misses from the drafts from 2014 to now are about league average.

Seems as though someone can’t keep track of their own narratives. Can’t be propping up Ricky for making all the good picks from those draft and simultaneously absolving him for the bad moves....in this case, the moves made to get Strong. That goes on Smith’s track record too.

As far as your other misguided speil, We have more than 2-3 good players on offense too....when they’re healthy. which is the caveat for PRETTY MUCH EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. Go ask the jags about that.

And Again, I said MOST of the picks..not all. Looking at it just from the Offensive perspective the hits and misses from the drafts from 2014 to now are about league average.

Texans long time scout Ed Lambert said a lot of people in the draft room wanted to take David Johnson in the 3rd that year, O'Briend pounded the table for Jaelen Strong and got his wish.

Obviously with the benefit of hindsight it makes that look really bad, I do understand O'Brien's reasoning at the time. Foster was coming off of a productive year probably figured he'd get another year or 2 out of him. We just cut Dre to make way for Nuk to be #1, and had no one opposite of him. strong was considered a 1st round talent by many. I get it, and I won't kick him into the sun for it but O'Brien had a lot more involvement with who we drafted and signed then a lot of you O'Brien apologists and Rick Smith haters like to admit

Texans long time scout Ed Lambert said a lot of people in the draft room wanted to take David Johnson in the 3rd that year, O'Briend pounded the table for Jaelen Strong and got his wish.

Obviously with the benefit of hindsight it makes that look really bad, I do understand O'Brien's reasoning at the time. Foster was coming off of a productive year probably figured he'd get another year or 2 out of him. We just cut Dre to make way for Nuk to be #1, and had no one opposite of him. strong was considered a 1st round talent by many. I get it, and I won't kick him into the sun for it but O'Brien had a lot more involvement with who we drafted and signed then a lot of you O'Brien apologists and Rick Smith haters like to admit

He also wanted xsf.

Strong was considered a first round pick by media people, but he fell to the third round.

Then it took too long to cut him after it was obvious he sucked and linebackers could cover him easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back