Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched the condensed game of the Seahawks against the Steelers. It’s depressing seeing that Seahawk offense do so good with a bunch of scrubs (except for Lockett) while our loaded WR group, with good Tight Ends look so horrid! Hell, the Steelers offense also looked better than our offense.

Can Cal please fire this clown of a HC already? He’s wasting everyone’s talent!

Any idea how I can watch the Texans/Jags condensed?

Who said I was complaining? I asked a simple question. Sensitive much?

I don't give a **** if you post that **** in every thread

Your reasoning sucks if you think others aren't capable or reading or retaining what has been read. If I would have known it was going to upset you so goddamned much, I would have duplicated my post in the other thread also!
Holy crap, man. Let it go. Nothing like getting to a thread and having to wade through 2 pages of this shit.

I watched the version on game pass and that drive before the half made me mad all over again. Texans had 3 timeouts and OB doesn't use any until 2 seconds to go in the half when the drive started with 3:17 to go.

I watched the version on game pass and that drive before the half made me mad all over again. Texans had 3 timeouts and OB doesn't use any until 2 seconds to go in the half when the drive started with 3:17 to go.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-Brien-s-clock-management-as-bad-14441866.php

I have already said, many times, that Bill O’Brien must be better than this.

You spent another Sunday screaming at your TV, laughing at the Texans or almost falling asleep in the stands.

And before 13-12 home team was finally official — beat-up Jacksonville nearly stealing the W with 30 seconds to go and backup rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew almost becoming a Week 2 hero — I was already dealing with an overload of emails and messages roasting the Texans’ woeful time management for the umpteenth time since 2014.
I’ll get to O’Brien’s odd and troubling post-win explanation — his declaration that the Texans’ in-game strategy was to kick a field goal on second-and-goal at Jacksonville’s 4-yard line, despite two timeouts remaining unused in his back pocket — in a minute.
  • The strategy of the drive was to kick a field goal?

“No, to score a touchdown,” O’Brien said. “We felt like we were in good shape to score a touchdown, and at the end, we didn’t get the touchdown. So I decided with two seconds left to kick a field goal. Could have gone for it there, and we decided to kick the field goal.”

Because … they sat on two timeouts and ran out of time.

tenor.gif

Did BO ever directly address why he didn't call the timeouts at the half? My wife and I were out of town and I was listening to the radio feed on Sirius. It was very obvious that BO was making a drastic mistake. That response he gave in the Smith article above was just gobbledygook. He must have said something about it besides blowing flowers out of his mouth about running out of time. Didn't anybody demand an explanation? How are we supposed to win big games against real quarterbacks with BO calling the shots? He has been having multiple brain farts since he started many too moons ago. We are stuck with him so someone needs to step up to the Belichik wannabee and disregard his bullying tactics and tell him when he is being extremely wrong during the game. They are probably all afraid of being fired by BO.

Did BO ever directly address why he didn't call the timeouts at the half? My wife and I were out of town and I was listening to the radio feed on Sirius. It was very obvious that BO was making a drastic mistake. That response he gave in the Smith article above was just gobbledygook. He must have said something about it besides blowing flowers out of his mouth about running out of time. Didn't anybody demand an explanation? How are we supposed to win big games against real quarterbacks with BO calling the shots? He has been having multiple brain farts since he started many too moons ago. We are stuck with him so someone needs to step up to the Belichik wannabee and disregard his bullying tactics and tell him when he is being extremely wrong during the game. They are probably all afraid of being fired by BO.

No, that was it. That's how he always answers questions

The run game has been doing well the first two games. Gaining big chunks, 6, 8 yards per play at times.

How many times have you seen OB get the offense in a pro set with #4 under center and run some play action, bootleg type of stuff. The D has got to respect the run. Play action the crap out of them at that point.

But noooo, OB get him in the shotgun, pistol whatever, and splits everyone wide, empty sets. It’s maddening as hell.

But what do we know, we’re not in football!

The run game has been doing well the first two games. Gaining big chunks, 6, 8 yards per play at times.

How many times have you seen OB get the offense in a pro set with #4 under center and run some play action, bootleg type of stuff. The D has got to respect the run. Play action the crap out of them at that point.

But noooo, OB get him in the shotgun, pistol whatever, and splits everyone wide, empty sets. It’s maddening as hell.

But what do we know, we’re not in football!
It's ironic that O'Brien has been going back to the ZBS in the running game more, especially this year.

It's ironic that O'Brien has been going back to the ZBS in the running game more, especially this year.
Probably because he finally discovered that it helps our weak offensive line. He’s yet to discover that he can also run ZBS in the passing game using bootlegs/play action. Give him 5 more years, right? He’ll get it right! idonno:

The question I have is “supposedly” BOB has always been a hot commodity around the league. I wonder that if by some miracle from the gods he gets the ax this year or next does he get another HC job after the rest of the NFL were able to see the continued coaching ineptness and horrible evaluation of talent coupled with the GM power play move? Would a GM or owner dare give BOB another chance?

Last edited:
If I would have been looking for Highlights I wouldn't have asked the question. I had already watched the highlights
You'll need to purchase NFL Game Pass to get that. There's a YouTube channel that shows the condensed games (LINK) however the ones I checked, except for the Game of the Week, said....
"This video contains content from NFL, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

So sounds like you'll have to subscribe to Game Pass

The question I have is “supposedly” BOB has always been a hot commodity around the league. I wonder that if by some miracle from the gods he gets the ax this year or next does he get another HC job after the rest of the NFL were able to see the continued coaching ineptness and horrible evaluation of talent coupled with the GM power play move? Would a GM or owner dare give BOB another chance?

I hope so. And sometimes these coaches go back to being OC or DC to prove themselves. Does anyone believe OBrien would be a successful OC anywhere?

He will most definitely get another shot, and fairly soon after leaving here due to the fact that far too many people are surface level and will see a W-L record or even better "back to back AFC Champs BRIAN" banners and figure the guy knows what he's doing.

You'll need to purchase NFL Game Pass to get that. There's a YouTube channel that shows the condensed games (LINK) however the ones I checked, except for the Game of the Week, said....
"This video contains content from NFL, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

So sounds like you'll have to subscribe to Game Pass

Yeah I got that too, so I did

To see how the #Texans have done in the Bill O’Brien era against future Hall Of Fame quarterbacks I went through and recorded every QB the team has beaten and lost since 2014 and there was some good information in there. * excludes playoffs (Thread)

The only win the #Texans have in the BOB era against what I’d consider a future HOF QB is the win over Drew Brees in 2015. They’re 1-10 overall.
BOB’s #Texans are:
0-3 vs Brady
0-2 vs Roethlisberger
0-2 vs Eli Manning (if he’s a HOFer)
0-1 vs Rivers
0-1 vs Rodgers
1-1 vs Brees

https://twitter.com/LandryLocker/status/1175030651508133889?s=19

To see how the #Texans have done in the Bill O’Brien era against future Hall Of Fame quarterbacks I went through and recorded every QB the team has beaten and lost since 2014 and there was some good information in there. * excludes playoffs (Thread)

The only win the #Texans have in the BOB era against what I’d consider a future HOF QB is the win over Drew Brees in 2015. They’re 1-10 overall.
BOB’s #Texans are:
0-3 vs Brady
0-2 vs Roethlisberger
0-1 vs Rivers
0-1 vs Rodgers
1-1 vs Brees

Hopefully with the new OL this changes.

BOB’s #Texans are:
0-3 vs Brady
0-2 vs Roethlisberger
0-1 vs Rivers
0-1 vs Rodgers
1-1 vs Brees

So basically Ryan Fitzpatrick & Brian Hoyer has never beat a QB worth a darn.

BOB’s #Texans are:
0-3 vs Brady
0-2 vs Roethlisberger
0-1 vs Rivers
0-1 vs Rodgers
1-1 vs Brees

Ouch

BOB’s #Texans are:
0-3 vs Brady
0-2 vs Roethlisberger
0-1 vs Rivers
0-1 vs Rodgers
1-1 vs Brees

giphy.gif

The problem, as you know, is that he keeps going back to the stuff that doesn’t work.

Yeah we'll have to see if this carries over to next week. We play the Pants right? Newton is a shell of his former self so defense should be able to hold him, especially if Watt is back to being Watt. If we keep this up offense side we should have more points than they can answer. Carolina has never had a great defense. Hey Kdog what odds are they giving us in Vegas?

Yeah we'll have to see if this carries over to next week. We play the Pants right? Newton is a shell of his former self so defense should be able to hold him, especially if Watt is back to being Watt. If we keep this up offense side we should have more points than they can answer. Carolina has never had a great defense. Hey Kdog what odds are they giving us in Vegas?

I haven't seen it posted yet. I think the Texans will be solid favorites, like at least -5

Just saw Texans -4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back