Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so ******* pissed. Buttchin’s awful coaching on full display. Ridiculously stupid play in the red zone with the Dhop pass. Moronic challenge and wasted TOs in the 2nd half. No rhyme or reason with our offensive play-calling. Complete display of his awful coaching on display.

Behind closed doors he will put this all on Watson. Just to save his job.

This team is going nowhere with this coach. Don't know if the ownership realizes it. I don't hate O'Brien. He just can't see the game in a holistic fashion. We've had this problem with every head coach in the history of this franchise.
I hate this asshole more than Tricky Rick. That should tell you how much I hate this bastard

Behind closed doors he will put this all on Watson. Just to save his job.

This thing will come down to whether Cal McNair will hire a coach that fits Watson’s skill set or if they would actually say Watson is not the QB for the OB system and get another QB???

plenty of rumor/informed contributor access says OBrien didn’t really want Watson but wanted Mahomes instead and had Watson thrust on him by Rick Smith.

Yep the narrative will be that he's regressed. Patdstat tweeting all about it

Indeed. But isn't it a coincidence that every quarterback looks totally lost in this dudes offense. I mean every so often they look really good. Then we have games that make you say wtf was that.
This thing will come down to whether Cal McNair will hire a coach that fits Watson’s skill set or if they would actually say Watson is not the QB for the OB system and get another QB???

plenty of rumor/informed contributor access says OBrien didn’t really want Watson but wanted Mahomes instead and had Watson thrust on him by Rick Smith.

That will be the excuse for sure. The thing is how many quarterbacks do we have to go through before finding what Obrien needs/wants?

Dude has singlehandly turned this top potential to mediocrity.

Offer Lincoln Riley a share of the team..

This one is on you BOB!! We need a Head Coach, a true OC who can call plays and a GM....Bill O’Brian is not any one of these 3 needs! The game moves MUCH TO FAST for this guy! He is lost on the field, has no idea why he challenged a call then when we do move the ball, he decides it time to call a Pop Warner PEE WEE football trick play!! He has been here for 6 years and has created a perfect atmosphere of mediocrity leadership! He is by far the WORST coach in the NFL.

Last edited:
Would Patrick Mahomes actually be Patrick Mahomes under Bill O'Brien?

The answer is no.

Bill OBrien felt he would be a better fit for his “system”. Who knows. Bill has had his own QBs, power arm pocket passers, mobile passers, smart passers. They all failed and now it looks like Deshaun Watson could be regressing.

one of you guys made a David Carr = Deshaun Watson comparison and it’s starting to make me uneasy.

Bill OBrien felt he would be a better fit for his “system”. Who knows. Bill has had his own QBs, power arm pocket passers, mobile passers, smart passers. They all failed and now it looks like Deshaun Watson could be regressing.

one of you guys made a David Carr = Deshaun Watson comparison and it’s starting to make me uneasy.

Almost like he doesn't *have* a system.

im game. I’d prefer Dabo, but yeah some true innovator.

or keep looking for Bob’s QB for the next 5 years?

I just look at what Riley's done with Baker, Kyler, and now Hurts - and with DW running that offense. Goodnight.

And I don't think Dabo wants to leave being the King of South Carolina nor am I sure his schtick would work on adult pros like it does in college.

That said I'd Dabo over OB without a second thought.

OB is Carring Watson.

There is way too much skill position talent to accept this trash. I mean how can Kubes consistently scheme open the likes of Kevin Walter and this guy cant get far better WR’s open?

If I am Cal he has the rest of the year to prove he can mold this offense into something special, but if it’s not at least top 10 by year end he is toast.

Would Patrick Mahomes actually be Patrick Mahomes under Bill O'Brien?

The answer is no.
Hell no!!!! He would be on the bench hurt. Coaching does matter. The longer DABOB has to devise a plan on how to use Watson the worse it gets. Not ******* kidding. Look it up.

MCNAIR wake up and just watch a game. Don't go in after and listen to DABOB tell you how the OL and QB are not executing, because God knows DABOB is the smartest, most creative, most clever coach, hell person in the universe.

Hell no!!!! He would be on the bench hurt. Coaching does matter. The longer DABOB has to devise a plan on how to use Watson the worse it gets. Not ******* kidding. Look it up.

MCNAIR wake up and just watch a game. Don't go in after and listen to DABOB tell you how the OL and QB are not executing, because God knows DABOB is the smartest, most creative, most clever coach, hell person in the universe.

I watched the final of the Detroit/KC game and you know the real difference I saw between Mahomes and Watson. Mahomes had almost 10 seconds to throw the ball each play because not only was the line better but the defense had to be so spread out because at any moment a guy could get open and be targeted. Couldn’t help but wonder what Watson would have looked like in those situations.

@riversmccown: O'Brien on challenging the McCaffrey catch: "I felt like he caught the ball but that he slid and declared himself down to get the first down." https://t.co/nEEPHqZSdl

tenor.gif

@riversmccown: O'Brien on challenging the McCaffrey catch: "I felt like he caught the ball but that he slid and declared himself down to get the first down." https://t.co/nEEPHqZSdl

Because a player sliding across the field uncontrollably can declare anything but turf burns. What a bafoon.

On that statement alone he has shown he has no business coaching anything outside of pop warner.

The main problem I see is Bill O'Brien trying to drive down the throats of his players, his philosophy.

Watson is not a stand in the pocket 24/7 quarterback. His strength is his legs. That's why teams were scared to blitz him.

Your line is struggling in pass pro. So how about moving the pocket and helping both him and Watson out.

Stop depending on your defense to bail your dumb ash out. They're not to be trusted.

This team is a very poorly coached team.

Last edited:
I think that slide rule (pun not intended) only applies to QB's "giving themselves up" and besides that, even if I'm wrong on that and it does apply to skill positions, he wasn't giving himself up. He was merely stretching out to make an incredible play for his team. Had he not been touched, he could have gotten up and ran.

Stupid challenge for many reasons. Not the least of which that you can't seem to get your players lined up so you have to burn other TO's. That left you with no timeouts when having a full compliment of TO's at the end may have been the difference between winning and losing.

Yeah there is no excuse for a game like this one. You saw last week what worked, Hell you even adjusted to make it work. Then this week not only is it right back to the same stuff but there is no adjustment made. The players made their share of mistakes but more than a few was because they were clearly taken out of their comfort zone for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back