Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue isn't how mean he was, it's criticizing a guy for being injured.

This organization's record getting guys back health and keeping them healthy sucks. Doc documented a lot of that

Lol, you're the one that used "berate". & i would venture to say that Doc would likely come to the same conclusion about most if not all football teams & how they typically rush these guys back before they've truly gotten healthy. That is the culture of a sport that's only in season for 20 weeks out of the year with liabilities worth millions of dollars.

Frankly I think Cal is still grieving, say what you want about McNair but the man clearly loved Houston football. You read the history and the fight he had with the NFL to get a team back in Houston and this was clearly a passion project for him. Don't get me wrong it makes them lots of money but they had lots of money long before that and still would have even without the Texans. I really believe Bob McNair wanted to see a championship in Houston and I think now this is Cal's way of honoring his dad. This is why I think Cal is so gung ho about winning this season and yeah I think in many ways he's the driving force behind this.

I also think O'Brien has basically been let known that he is getting everything he ever wanted but he had better deliver now which is why BoB is paying any price to shore up the team. I agree with the Tunsil trade and think it was worth the cost but no question it was a win now move that somebody thinking long term wouldn't have done.

Agreed

Except Bob McNair always put making $$$$ before putting a winning product on the field. It appears that this may have changed under Cletus leadership.

Lol, you're the one that used "berate". & i would venture to say that Doc would likely come to the same conclusion about most if not all football teams & how they typically rush these guys back before they've truly gotten healthy. That is the culture of a sport that's only in season for 20 weeks out of the year with liabilities worth millions of dollars.

Not his job

some don't see the same moves as moronic as you and when that happens you start in with the personal attacks and about how they are just defending OB. You never actually back any of this up except with your own personal opinion nor do you have a counter point except again attacking. You and Kdog both just beat the same damn dead horse in every thread with every post, even stuff that has nothing to do with BoB you bring it back to him.
Prove it. Other than mrtex that is. Just tire of his I’m genius and you’re nothing but a madden video gamer bullshit. He constantly attacks people with personal attacks so I respond in kind. And I could easily say you don’t back up anything except with your personal opinion and always go straight to “your just a OB hater” crap. I’ve said a thousand times I would be glad to be wrong and hope I am about BOB. Yes I hate him but not enough to want him to fail.

Prove it. Other than mrtex that is. Just tire of his I’m genius and you’re nothing but a madden video gamer bullshit. He constantly attacks people with personal attacks so I respond in kind. And I could easily say you don’t back up anything except with your personal opinion and always go straight to “your just a OB hater” crap. I’ve said a thousand times I would be glad to be wrong and hope I am about BOB. Yes I hate him but not enough to want him to fail.

Constantly attacks people? No i come at those who come at me..... & you love jumping in my crosshairs & this post illustrates it....You love dishing it, but you can't take it. Get out your feelings, it's a message board, sweet pea.

Constantly attacks people? No i come at those who come at me..... & you love jumping in my crosshairs & this post illustrates it....You love dishing it, but you can't take it. Get out your feelings, it's a message board, sweet pea.
Lol you’re an arrogant know it all and you’ve always talked down to people. Getting in your crosshairs is like getting to close to a retarded chihuahua. I do it on purpose just to get you riled up because you’re like a overly sensitive little girl and it’s easy as your response illustrates.

See I don’t get the “some would rather be right than see the team succeed” part of this. Just because people call out OB for his moronic moves doesn’t mean they want him to fail. They just expect him too. He's done nothing to prove he deserves the respect some here are calling for. I don’t give two maverick215000s what his regular season record is. He hasn’t proven Dejaview against quality teams and especially in the playoffs.

Look the guys a ******** and that’s fine if he’s winning games that count I’ll ignore it. He isn’t so I’m not. NO ONE wants this team to fail. I’ll gladly eat all my bad words about him if he proves me wrong. But I’m not going to stop criticising this D-bag until HE makes me. I fully expect us to start this game tonight looking unprepared and disoriented. And I fully expect some here to immediately crucify OB and certain other to make excuses for him. Going one way or another doesn’t make you a better fan than the people opposite you.

If we come out tonight and look good from get go and win this game then OB is on his way to proving me and others wrong. I’ll gladly take it. Again just don’t expect it.
Couldn't agree more. Great post.

Lol you’re an arrogant know it all and you’ve always talked down to people. Getting in your crosshairs is like getting to close to a retarded chihuahua. I do it on purpose just to get you riled up because you’re like a overly sensitive little girl and it’s easy as your response illustrates.

Lol, not even close to accurate Felicia. you just got butthurt by something I disagreed with u on and you ain’t been right since. Grown ups know how to disagree and keep it moving.

What do u do? jump on here and complain to another poster trying to sully my reputation like a pre-teen little girl. So that only leaves one reason why u do it. You do it b/c you’re a grade A clown.

Like I said in my previous grow up pop tart.

BS I back up everything I say unless it is personal opinion and then I say it’s just personal opinion or my own theory. Also go find any time I have said someone is just an OB hater. The closest you will find is where I have said that someone is letting their hate for OB blind them.

Lol, not even close to accurate Felicia. you just got butthurt by something I disagreed with u on and you ain’t been right since. Grown ups know how to disagree and keep it moving.

What do u do? jump on here and complain to another poster trying to sully my reputation like a pre-teen little girl. So that only leaves one reason why u do it. You do it b/c you’re a grade A clown.

Like I said in my previous grow up pop tart.
Oh the irony.

Am I a fan of O'Brian? Hell no. But I'm between a rock and a hard place. I wish he was gone but I'm not willing to pull for my team to lose to get that wish.

So I try to convince myself that somehow all these moves make sense. That we really aren't the cluster**** we seem to be. That there really is a plan.

So in all honesty I hope we do good enough that O'Brian gets coach of the year. Even though I would probably puke if he did.
I feel that way about about our president. I have other presidents as well. I may not like them for any myriad of reasons but for the sake of a thriving economy, good foreign relations and a military at it's strongest..etc..etc...I want them to succeed.

Bingo, I feel the same. Would I prefer a better coach than BoB, hell yeah, I don’t think he will ever be the coach that Houston needs. I think he could be an decent coach if he had a strong owner and GM holding the leash and telling him his job is to coach and win games and that’s it.

Trouble is like you I can’t not root for the Texans and not hope they win every game. Likewise I try to make logical sense of some of their moves and see the big picture. I’ve honestly never seen so many fans that actually seem to want their team to lose just because they want the HC gone.
Deleted...Keyboard issues.

As soon as the Texans are ahead its run up the middle, screen pass, Kenny Stills trick play, run, bubble screens , run

More like just Hopkins. This offense is in serious trouble if he ever gets hurt. Watson is average at best without Hopkins. I guess nobody else can see how often he bails Watson out.
Don't matter.
We got to have at least a "star" player somehow; sometimes we have two.

The point is O'Brien.

If you think Watson is average at best, take it up with his gang, on a better day

Not my beef.

O'Brien is terrible but firing him will not sole the problem..
You have to look at ownership.
I believe teams reflect their ownership and this ownership is clueless..
The sheer fact they allow this team to function without a GM is proof enough..
As long at the McNair family is running the team they will be mediocre, they must sell to get this team a fresh start.

As long at the McNair family is running the team they will be mediocre, they must sell to get this team a fresh start.
You must have missed the memo, we're going to the super bowl this year.

SBT is that you? Have you been drinking?

How many of you were thinking he should have challenged that spot instead of calling a timeout?

Seriously. I had to look at the clock to see if he was giving them time to challenge it... but nope, outside of 2 minutes don't work that way.

Then when they said they were reviewing it I thought, "hmmm I guess it does work that way. I was wrong."

Then when they charged him two timeouts & a challenge I lost it. I was screaming, "Penalize the Dumas for calling back to back timeouts why don't you?"

More like just Hopkins. This offense is in serious trouble if he ever gets hurt. Watson is average at best without Hopkins. I guess nobody else can see how often he bails Watson out.

giphy.gif

How many of you were thinking he should have challenged that spot instead of calling a timeout?

Seriously. I had to look at the clock to see if he was giving them time to challenge it... but nope, outside of 2 minutes don't work that way.

Then when they said they were reviewing it I thought, "hmmm I guess it does work that way. I was wrong."

Then when they charged him two timeouts & a challenge I lost it. I was screaming, "Penalize the Dumas for calling back to back timeouts why don't you?"

I was perfectly okay with him challenging the spot. It's the taking the timeout before challenging that had me banging my head against the wall. Either way you get a timeout, so may as well challenge it if it's close. For a coach who receives as much game management criticism as he has, he walked right on into more with that timeout then challenge decision.

I was perfectly okay with him challenging the spot. It's the taking the timeout before challenging that had me banging my head against the wall. Either way you get a timeout, so may as well challenge it if it's close. For a coach who receives as much game management criticism as he has, he walked right on into more with that timeout then challenge decision.

He needed the timeout to determine if it was worth a challenge (refs got it wrong imo), it was at the end of the 1st half so no big loss

edit: I was pissed at the time too

One entertaining game we almost won isn't enough to erase five years of transgressions.

I'm not interested in moral victories. He was brought in five years ago to take us past that.

I probably would've fired Romeo on the spot (too old, too experienced for that level of stupid), but isn't this in the familiar "not my job" territory of our Head Coach? Your defensive coordinator is right there on the sideline next to you, he has a mic to the mike ... recognize what's happening and scream in his ear to scream to the rest of the team to pull up. The Saints weren't in any hurry, you had plenty of time to recognize a problem and fix it ... why didn't you? Too busy being the offensive coordinator and Gm and playcaller and QB coach and remembering that time you ... wait, we lost? The announcers were able to describe exactly what was going to happen in detail because Romeo had a brain fart and our head coach was ... what were you doing?

Most Qb's are relegated to average at best when they don't have any consistent weapons. I think Watson did plenty of good things Monday night. It is not like he was up against traditional bottom feeders such as the NY Jets or the Detroit Lions.

We have weapons now and I think our offense is a work in progress. Around week four or five we should see an offense that spreads the ball around more frequently like the best teams such as the KC Chiefs do.

Last edited:
He needed the timeout to determine if it was worth a challenge (refs got it wrong imo), it was at the end of the 1st half so no big loss

edit: I was pissed at the time too
Disagree. That whole thing was a mess of total indecision. Couldn’t decide whether to challenge, couldn’t decide whether to go for it or not.

The TO was called because the play clock was running low by the time they decided to go for it, like they ALWAYS do, then once the TO was called he decides to go ahead and challenge. Which he lost, so he loses another TO.

The IQ just doesn’t seem to be there with this guy. And it has to be his job because he has ALL the freaking jobs.

Disagree. That whole thing was a mess of total indecision. Couldn’t decide whether to challenge, couldn’t decide whether to go for it or not.

The TO was called because the play clock was running low by the time they decided to go for it, like they ALWAYS do, then once the TO was called he decides to go ahead and challenge. Which he lost, so he loses another TO.

The IQ just doesn’t seem to be there with this guy. And it has to be his job because he has ALL the freaking jobs.

If this is the worst mistake that BOB makes this yr, then the Texans org is in good hands.

If this is the worst mistake that BOB makes this yr, then the Texans org is in good hands.

So far OB has traded a 3rd for a backup RB, gave away a Pro-Bowl edge guy for a 3rd and 2 scrubs, gave up two 1st and a 2nd for LT, and a 3rd/4th WR, and signed Nick freaking Martin to where he’s the 2nd highest paid C in the NFL.

That’s all with everyone gone, no Rick Smith to blame, no Brian Gaine to blame, it’s all him. You think the org is in good hands with all of that?

You’re right, if the TO/challenge thing is the worst thing he does, then things would be great. Problem is, there is worse. There’s plenty of worse.

So far OB has traded a 3rd for a backup RB, gave away a Pro-Bowl edge guy for a 3rd and 2 scrubs, gave up two 1st and a 2nd for LT, and a 3rd/4th WR, and signed Nick freaking Martin to where he’s the 2nd highest paid C in the NFL.

That’s all with everyone gone, no Rick Smith to blame, no Brian Gaine to blame, it’s all him. You think the org is in good hands with all of that?

You’re right, if the TO/challenge thing is the worst thing he does, then things would be great. Problem is, there is worse. There’s plenty of worse.

tenor.gif

Tweet from @spotrac: The #Texans:

Are paying $7M of Jadeveon Clowney’s #Seahawks salary.

Are paying $7.5M to free agent Aaron Colvin.

Paid $2.25M to Matt Kalil for the summer.

Have 0 firsts and 1 second round draft picks over the next two years.

He gave up a 4th that probably will become a 3rd for one of the best 3rd down RB's in the NFL.

He gave up an extra 1st for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills/2020 4th and a 2021 6th. A fair trade, IMHO

You're right RS isn't around to blame anymore and the mess he left behind will take 3 yrs to overcome.

The team finally has a vision. You may not agree with the vision BOB has but I'm finally glad that there's a vision. I like the new aggressive attitude. Not only the trades but things like cutting Colvin tells me times are changing down on Kirby and all I can say about this is it's about time.

Tweet from @spotrac: The #Texans:

Are paying $7M of Jadeveon Clowney’s #Seahawks salary.

Are paying $7.5M to free agent Aaron Colvin.

Paid $2.25M to Matt Kalil for the summer.

Have 0 firsts and 1 second round draft picks over the next two years.

Moving on and admitting mistakes that have been made is a huge and positive change. They do have Tunsil/an exta 3rd/extra 4th and a playmaker in Stills. A fair deal that filled a canyon size hole on the OL

Unless we lose every game I still feel like OB is going to be here at least another year. Since he traded away so much early round draft capital, he is going to have to make it up with free agents this upcoming Spring. I hope he can attract some solid players with deals that make sense based on the value of the player. It is going to be tough sledding if he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back