Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where 'debunked' means refuted by BoB and his sycophants. You can apologise for him all you want, unfortunately it doesn't change the facts.

If in sycophants you mean replacing old (Myers/Smith) hurt an sickly (Newton/Brooks) you would be correct. It was time for a changing of the guard.

Where 'debunked' means refuted by BoB and his sycophants. You can apologise for him all you want, unfortunately it doesn't change the facts.

If in sycophants you mean replacing old (Myers/Smith) hurt an sickly (Newton/Brooks) you would be correct. It was time for a changing of the guard.

O’Brien said that the Texans have a group of people working to make these decisions and that they “feel like we did what was best for the team.” He went on to say that feeling trumps what others might feel about the team’s decisions.

Lol this ***** can’t sum up enough Courage to just admit this was HIS decision and his alone. Wants to be BB but doesn’t have the balls to stand up and take credit for these moves because they’re being criticised.

The Texans traded for Tunsil without working out a contract extension that would keep him under team control beyond the 2020 season and the price paid to get him would seem to give Tunsil good leverage in any future discussions about a deal. O’Brien declined to say whether there have been any talks on that front as the team head toward the start of the season

Declined to say because he never thought about it and now realises how stupid it was and that it’s going to be justifiably criticised.

This guys ineptitude is as transparent Alaskan air.

Last edited:
There are several extensions or replacements to be made for next year including both corners, defensive line and linebacker. And of course Watson and watt after that

And no first round picks to fill holes

Hopefully Johnson becomes a really good cb and they draft a cb in the 1st after trading up or get a good cb in the 2nd. They can also do a Roby type deal next offseason. What this team really needs is good health for the next couple of seasons.

O’Brien said that the Texans have a group of people working to make these decisions and that they “feel like we did what was best for the team.” He went on to say that feeling trumps what others might feel about the team’s decisions.

Lol this ***** can’t can’t sum up enough Courage to just admit this was HIS decision and his alone. Wants to be BB but doesn’t have the balls to stand up and take credit for these moves because they’re being criticised.

The Texans traded for Tunsil without working out a contract extension that would keep him under team control beyond the 2020 season and the price paid to get him would seem to give Tunsil good leverage in any future discussions about a deal. O’Brien declined to say whether there have been any talks on that front as the team head toward the start of the season

Declined to say because he never thought about it and now realises how stupid it was and that it’s going to be justifiably criticised.

Clowney all over again. If not worse

Lol this ***** can’t can’t sum up enough Courage to just admit this was HIS decision and his alone. Wants to be BB but doesn’t have the balls to stand up and take credit for these moves because they’re being criticised.

A deal will get done. Don't worry

Tank for the #1 pick

Hire an offensive coach, fire bill
At this point, the only possible way for BOB and Cal to save even a little face is to pull off a trade for Tunsil or another good LT. Very doubtful at this point, and if they do pull it off, it may take a King's ransom to do it.

This trade was a joke. A sick joke on the fans of this garbage franchise that Cal seems hellbent on running into the ground. HC sucks, but if we're really being honest with ourselves, this is an ownership issue. And Cal ain't going nowhere.
Oh... let me take that into consideration.

:thinking:

Yeah, you guys will change your tune when we whip the Saints in the Dome.
Are you kidding me ? There is one variable that has not changed and that is we still have to play against Bill and all his crazy calls.

Hopefully Johnson becomes a really good cb and they draft a cb in the 1st after trading up or get a good cb in the 2nd. They can also do a Roby type deal next offseason. What this team really needs is good health for the next couple of seasons.
So no faith in Lonnie?

Johnson I like but let's be realistic. He was the 8th CB taken and is a project. To start let's see him contribute in certain packages.

Another Roby deal? With who? Those are hard to find as are second round CBs who can start

Oh now all the sudden you mr positive?

Yep they now have what I've been calling for for the last 3 years. A talented young ol to protect Watson.

I'm very happy, hopefully they do as well in the 2021 draft as they did in the 2018 draft

Johnson I like but let's be realistic. He was the 8th CB taken and is a project. To start let's see him contribute in certain packages.

Another Roby deal? With who? Those are hard to find as are second round CBs who can start

Johnson should be ready to start in yr 2. The Roby signings aren't an outlier. Then use the extra picks you got in these trades to move up into the 1st and get a cb you like.

Johnson should be ready to start in yr 2. The Roby signings aren't an outlier. Then use the extra picks you got in these trades to move up into the 1st and get a cb you like.

Johnson starting in year 2 is a massive stretch. Maybe it happens but the odds are low.

We don't have extra picks to spare. Then you're talking killing depth even more

Lol this ***** can’t sum up enough Courage to just admit this was HIS decision and his alone. Wants to be BB but doesn’t have the balls to stand up and take credit for these moves because they’re being criticised.

Yep he constantly doesn't know or realize crap. He is aggressively ignorant in that he doesn't know much and doesn't care to learn.

We can pretty much guarantee he had no clue he could have negotiated an extension before the trade

Texans should be able to draft a solid CB in RD2 of the 2020 NFL Draft if that's their most pressing need at the end of this season.

What if Tunsil doesn't want to be here?

Bro dude has been clowning the Texans for years. Now he's acting as if they finally have it all figured out. Another team could easily out bid us for Tunsil service. And guess what were back to square 100 without 2 first round picks and a second round pick.

These moves were hasty at best. I surely hope it works out this time around.

Man you don't know that for sure. Why are you acting like you know exactly what these guys are doing on Kirby.

It's okay for people to cry about Tunsil walking in two years but not ok for a guy to be positive that a deal would get done?

Why don't you go pick on corrosion or Texecutioner & tell them what they don't know?

Last edited:
Johnson starting in year 2 is a massive stretch. Maybe it happens but the odds are low.

We don't have extra picks to spare. Then you're talking killing depth even more

When do you expect Johnson to start? If he doesn't start he's depth.

If you traded a 2nd/3rd/4th you could get a late 1st and still have a 3rd/4th left for depth.

Did the 2018 draft kill the depth?

Bro dude has been clowning the Texans for years. Now he's acting as if they finally have it all figured out. Another team could easily out bid us for Tunsil service. And guess what were back to square 100 without 2 first round picks and a second round pick.

These moves were hasty at best. I surely hope it works out this time around.

Not gonna happen, if it does you will see me bitching. You just posted a worse case scenario.

When do you expect Johnson to start? If he doesn't start he's depth.

If you traded a 2nd/3rd/4th you could get a late 1st and still have a 3rd/4th left for depth.

Did the 2018 draft kill the depth?

I don't expect him to start I expect him to contribute situationally and in certain packages. If he does it's just a bonus.

Trading away picks always hurts but for QB it makes way more sense than for a non elite LT.

Can't keep trading away picks like that and expect to have depth

It's okay for people to cry about Tunsil walking in two years but not ok for a guy to be positive that a deal would get done?

Why don't you go pick on corrosion or executioner & tell them what they don't know?

Hold the freaking press. Are you serious right now bwhahaha.

It's amazing to me on how quickly people flip around here. Jokers always crying but want to call out others for the same thing.

You can be positive all you want but don't call out people for doing the exact thing you've done for years.

None of us have a clue if Tunsil will be signed to a mega contract with the Texans.

I don't expect him to start I expect him to contribute situationally and in certain packages. If he does it's just a bonus.

Trading away picks always hurts but for QB it makes way more sense than for a non elite LT.

Can't keep trading away picks like that and expect to have depth

So Johnson is depth? If so then you can trade away essentially a 2nd Rd pick for a 1st and even though you traded away 3rd and 4th Rd picks, you still have 3rd and 4th Rd picks depth purposes.

So Johnson is depth? If so then you can trade away essentially a 2nd Rd pick for a 1st and even though you traded away 3rd and 4th Rd picks, you still have 3rd and 4th Rd picks depth purposes.

I think Johnson is a corner in certain packages. I think they'll try to develop him into a starter but he's a project so we'll see.

Yes we still have picks left. But at this point I'd rather not trade anymore away. Get as much young cheap talent as possible

I think Johnson is a corner in certain packages. I think they'll try to develop him into a starter but he's a project so we'll see.

Yes we still have picks left. But at this point I'd rather not trade anymore away. Get as much young cheap talent as possible

Give me quality CB's over depth. I showed you a path to adding depth. I guess you think a 3rd/4th rder can become a difference maker? You must want even more depth.

We just have different philosophies, the Texans have tried your philosophy for 17 years and now they're going to try mine apparently. Hopefully it works, you know the philosophy of getting the best players possible on the team, either by the draft/trade/fa and they don't care if there's a video of a guy they trade for using a gas mask or a guy kneeling. Just get the best players you can today

Last edited:
I dread spring next year .... and the next one !

Me too. Battle Red, Steel Blue. Watson, Howard, Watt... & I'm probably going to get a couple of those black Texans jerseys too.

I'm going to need help deciding what to wear to the parade.

Should I ask for time off? Or for forgiveness when I return?

Definitely taking Metro though. Probably won't be in any condition to drive for a month.

Dammm, I need to start stocking the liquor cabinet now.

So you don't expect them to extend Tunsil next offseason? LMAO
And what if Tunsil ask to be the highest paid LT in football? Because dumbass didn’t negotiate a new contract before the trade Tunsil has literally all the leverage. He can ask for what ever he wants.

And what if Tunsil ask to be the highest paid LT in football? Because dumbass didn’t negotiate a new contract before the trade Tunsil has literally all the leverage. He can ask for what ever he wants.

In my opinion the Texans were desperate to get the trade done. So right or wrong they dealt solely with Miami instead of taking a chance & bringing Tunsil & his agent into it.

He is more worth it than Trent Brown or Solder, so pay the kid. Do it next offseason before he hits FA. Ask DW4 to give you a break so we can protect him, so maybe he just takes $28m/year and gives the extra to Tunsil to keep himself healthy, I would. If you extend him next year, we get exclusivity, and he gets lifetime insurance and his family taken care of forever. Geez, don't sit on your hands, your getting DW4 killed, now they do something and its I cannot believe you have not solved two years from now issues. Let's keep bitching about the Clowney trade, that one is the one that is mind boggling

Any single one of those players are better than any single OL player BoB has brought to this team. Myers and was a Pro Bowler and Brooks won a Super Bowl as well as being a Pro Bowler. Please stop. I'm embarrassed for you.

Look, it's OK to love BoB. It's OK to love seeing him yell and throw his toys out of the pram (even though it's generally his fault). It's not OK to say he is a good Head Coach or General Manager as every evidence points to the contrary.

Any single one of those players are better than any single OL player BoB has brought to this team. Myers and was a Pro Bowler and Brooks won a Super Bowl as well as being a Pro Bowler. Please stop. I'm embarrassed for you.

Look, it's OK to love BoB. It's OK to love seeing him yell and throw his toys out of the pram (even though it's generally his fault). It's not OK to say he is a good Head Coach or General Manager as every evidence points to the contrary.

Brooks was sick and misdiagnosed when he was here.

How many other teams did Myers/Smith play for after they left the Texans? Ever ask yourself why they didn't play for another team? Nope, it's just easier to be a goat f"n fool. BTW, I think BOB is a good, not great HC.

You sound so ignorant

Brooks was sick and misdiagnosed when he was here.

How many other teams did Myers/Smith play for after they left the Texans? Ever ask yourself why they didn't play for another team? Nope, it's just easier to be a goat f"n fool. BTW, I think BOB is a good, not great HC.

Brooks still played almost every game well. Such a ridiculous excuse for a major O'Brien screwup. But not his job!

lots of new pieces...
...all of O'Brien's choosing (well, except for Watson, Watt, and Nuk).
everyone he was "displeased with" is gone.
he has HIS squad.
No. More. *******. Excuses.
AFC Championship win or the season is a
:faildetector:

Personally, I'm still looking for a consistent offensive scheme

lots of new pieces...
...all of O'Brien's choosing (well, except for Watson, Watt, and Nuk).
everyone he was "displeased with" is gone.
he has HIS squad.
No. More. *******. Excuses.
AFC Championship win or the season is a
:faildetector:

Personally, I'm still looking for a consistent offensive scheme

I think we will see what BOB's vision of his offense looks like. (Finally)

The team is too young to make it to a SB next yr. 2020 is more realistic. IMHO

He missed games because he was puking blood, but that was BOB's fault.

Maybe CnD is really BOB.

He missed like 1 game a year. Will Fuller misses more every season than Brooks has his entire career.

CnDs diagnosis is correct but I don't give obrien a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back