Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy asked me if lines moved. It was an example.

To be clear, I understand that the line move especially during the week as bookies are updated with injury reports & the like.

Like maverick said, loosing a QB a week before the season we can expect the lines to change. I didn't expect the line to change loosing Clowney or gaining Tunsil.

No one has argued that this trade doesn't screw up our future. Certainly not me.

When 2018 ended "everyone" on this board said we need to improve the LT position. Whether in the draft or FA. Tunsil does that. Go look at Davenport's PFF rank & scores, compare them to Tunsil's & tell me the LT position hasn't been improved.

To be clear, I understand that the line move especially during the week as bookies are updated with injury reports & the like.

Like maverick said, loosing a QB a week before the season we can expect the lines to change. I didn't expect the line to change loosing Clowney or gaining Tunsil.

No one has argued that this trade doesn't screw up our future. Certainly not me.

When 2018 ended "everyone" on this board said we need to improve the LT position. Whether in the draft or FA. Tunsil does that. Go look at Davenport's PFF rank & scores, compare them to Tunsil's & tell me the LT position hasn't been improved.

Yes LT has improved. But the cost isn't worth it. It is now virtually impossible to upgrade to contender status.

Yes LT has improved. But the cost isn't worth it. It is now virtually impossible to upgrade to contender status.

Yes. Agreed. BO'bs a dumass. I never argued otherwise.

Between now & February I plan to watch what is on the field & right now I feel pretty damn good about it.

I'll btch about that 2020 pick in March if we're not in the Super Bowl. Otherwise I'm going to join the B.O.B. nuthuggers society.

But but he is elite remember? And if you had one you wouldn’t be a dolphins fan.
If he’s not elite, he was certainly trending the way for us... Hopefully he goes over there and forgets how to play.

Or even better, holds out to force your hand at a massive contract extension before even taking a snap. That would be beautiful

If he’s not elite, he was certainly trending the way for us... Hopefully he goes over there and forgets how to play.

Or even better, holds out to force your hand at a massive contract extension before even taking a snap. That would be beautiful

Dude why are you still here? No need to put salt in the wound. We know it was a bad trade.

Shouldn't Dorian be taking away your internet soon? Go stand in line for gas.

BO is a complete imbecile. He better win in the next 2 years because we can kiss our butt goodbye after that. How have the owners given him carte blanche in all departments. Easy come, easy go, I guess. BO is a buffoon playing with OPM.

Ive just realised!

BOB is fed up of going through the entire pee-season and first half of game 1 with one set of starters before realising that he has had better players on the bench all summer, so this year he says no more...i'm going to trade the entire squad the week before game 1...problem solved!

The mans a genius!

The offensive line should be better. So there shouldn't be anyone excuses. No one can use the no talent excuse anymore.

Well, actually...

We now have precisely one NFL starting calibre offensive lineman fit for duty, with the other being of negligible quality even at full fitness. The rest? XFL level, and most, if not all, wouldn't even make it to a playoff team's 2nd string. So, that's 8.5 out of 10 OL that are shite and better yet, they still have to overcome Devlin. If Tunsil can block one opposing rusher then great, we have improved by 20%. The others are still turnstiles - donkeys led by turkeys.

Offense got better, defense got worse.

I've been hearing this dangerous O'Brien offense for years. It's nonsense.

Look at the odds. Look at the betting markets. No change. But we lost two first round picks! Mind boggling.

Betting markets mean squat unless you're betting on the Patriots since they're the only consistent thing in the NFL. Texans could be a interesting bet this season if OB has tweaked his playbook to any extent.

Tunsill is your illegitimate daddy isn’t he?

d86416cd5f6a8cbdfe6a041136457f39.jpg

Well, actually...

We now have precisely one NFL starting calibre offensive lineman fit for duty, with the other being of negligible quality even at full fitness. The rest? XFL level, and most, if not all, wouldn't even make it to a playoff team's 2nd string. So, that's 8.5 out of 10 OL that are shite and better yet, they still have to overcome Devlin. If Tunsil can block one opposing rusher then great, we have improved by 20%. The others are still turnstiles - donkeys led by turkeys.

So I take it you dont think the rookies will ever amount to anything?

So I take it you dont think the rookies will ever amount to anything?
yes. not from 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd picks. not this year if we had them while DW4 gets another 60+ sacks and we have to find another QB soon. franchise LT is == to healthier DW4 during season. with texans being win now mode I would rather give those picks for proven player like we did this off season for LT

I bet you are one of those people who said texans will go 4-12 again when they started 0-3. also didn't even know last year we didn't have 1st AND 2nd round pick and still improved 7 games. those picks are overrated.

yes. not from 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd picks. not this year if we had them while DW4 gets another 60+ sacks and we have to find another QB soon. franchise LT is == to healthier DW4 during season. with texans being win now mode I would rather give those picks for proven player like we did this off season for LT

I bet you are one of those people who said texans will go 4-12 again when they started 0-3. also didn't even know last year we didn't have 1st AND 2nd round pick and still improved 7 games. those picks are overrated.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to go back and check my post history from last yr. I predicted 9-7/7-9.

The 2020 ist rd pick for the Houston Texans is none other than Laremy Tunsil.

They also got a 3rd/4th/6th in the Clowney/Tunsil deal along with a much needed Stills for the next 2 yrs. Would you say those picks plus Stills is worth a 2021 2nd? I would

So they really only gave up a 2021 1st for a 25 yr old LT who only gave up 2 sacks in 800 pass plays during his career. Davenport gives up more than that in one game when he isn't missing blocks or getting trample and in the process getting his teammates IR'ed.

Carry on

...franchise LT is == to healthier DW4 during season.

That doesn't address the remaining 4 turnstiles on our OL. So what if they can't get sacks past our LT any more? They'll simply push Martin back into the QB. Paying that much to solve one problem out of 5 does not help us immediately, and more importantly, sacrifices future ability to fix the problems created when BoB started dismantling what was once a good OL. I would remind that we are now in year six and will only get worse the longer he is allowed to stay.

...with texans being win now mode I would rather give those picks for proven player like we did this off season for LT

The Texans are a worse team after the deals from this weekend. Add to that the fact they won an unsustainable amount of one score games last season (reversion to mean), division opponents improving (no Bortles), and still having to overcome BoB's inability to handle his area of 'expertise' (offence) and you have a recipe for 4-12.

PS - Winning the division isn't what it once was. Winning the division is entry-level and participation badge type achievement, especially in the AFC South. Contenders win against other good teams, something BoB has never done, and something that will continue to elude him as long as he is a HC in the NFL.

That doesn't address the remaining 4 turnstiles on our OL. So what if they can't get sacks past our LT any more? They'll simply push Martin back into the QB. Paying that much to solve one problem out of 5 does not help us immediately, and more importantly, sacrifices future ability to fix the problems created when BoB started dismantling what was once a good OL. I would remind that we are now in year six and will only get worse the longer he is allowed to stay.

The Texans are a worse team after the deals from this weekend. Add to that the fact they won an unsustainable amount of one score games last season (reversion to mean), division opponents improving (no Bortles), and still having to overcome BoB's inability to handle his area of 'expertise' (offence) and you have a recipe for 4-12.

PS - Winning the division isn't what it once was. Winning the division is entry-level and participation badge type achievement, especially in the AFC South. Contenders win against other good teams, something BoB has never done, and something that will continue to elude him as long as he is a HC in the NFL.

So you think Howard/Scharping will be turnstiles? Gotta disagree. Hopefully after Fulton gets healthy if Martin doesn't improve Fulton will be the starting C.

This begs for the question:

You're starting a new franchise and with first pick you have a stud QB and a once in a lifetime LT on the board....both could be RD1-01 picks, who do you pick or what would you do?

Yeah I get being mad at the cost. But if Tunsil is a top 5 LT be years end and Stills helps Nuk and Watson and we win 11-12 games and go to the afc championship game, will it be worth it?

What about after the season / next season …. when Tunsil is a free agent ?

Not negotiating an extension as part of the deal was a colossal mistake.

This begs for the question:

You're starting a new franchise and with first pick you have a stud QB and a once in a lifetime LT on the board....both could be RD1-01 picks, who do you pick or what would you do?

I would spend whatever it took to get both

No he wasn't. He was willing to sign the tender if he wasn't traded to Miami.

You O'Brien nuthughers need to try to read the reports
Lol you and Mr Tex need to stop lumping people into categories when they disagree with your lame ass takes. Get off Twitter,

why? Other than the risk of him sitting out, which doesn’t seem the case. Why would you extend him now? Sure he has leverage but unless he threatens to hold out why pay him now? His deal won’t be any cheaper now vs next off season.

You said that to Steel? You haven’t been reading the boards much this last year have you. :troll:

This has been debunked over and over again with someone even posting a player by player breakdown of what happened to each member of that Oline. Neither BoB nor any member of the current Texans dismantled anything. It just feel apart right when they got here so he gets the blame. It’s kind of like Obama didn’t get Osama Bin Laden, just the years of work by thousands of people all came together during his term so he gets the credit.

I would spend whatever it took to get both

I've been a true "build the trenches" first kind of football fan so I would trade back knowing the desire to sign a QB would be crazy and the haul in picks might be worth the deal......but I wouldn't dare trade back so far that I couldn't draft the top LT.

OL has to go ahead of DL/LB due to the job they have in protecting what eventually should be a franchise QB. This rule of thumb holds water until there's a once in every 10 year type of DE or OLB.

I'm a firm believer that outstanding trenches (OL, DL, LB'ers) go a long way in making the other positions look much better.

This is where I'm different than many.
I had done a lot of researches on BB, and I recognized the good things he did in Cleveland.
He inherited an aging roster that needed to be replenished continually.
His starting QB missed 17 games in 3 years.
You know back then the QB can get hit pretty hard.
The last year he was there, the Browns faced 7 teams that went to the playoffs.
Besides, the players knew that the franchise was going to relocate.
And the Browns fans can be very harsh.
There was a lot of distractions.

He also built that Browns roster that became the SB winning Ravens, is the one who taught Ozzie Newsome the front office/team building ropes, and even won 11 games with Matt Cassell at QB, so the whole he's only successful, because of Tom Brady doesn't hold water with me.. Did they help eachother's success? Yes, but they're both great.

Agreed

This is where not having a GM hurt the Texans, but an extension will get done after the new GM is in place.

Do you like them getting a franchise level LT to protect Watson?

Don't we have the option to pick up Tunsil's fifth year option?

Yes. That's next year. So they'll likely want to get something done before next season, maybe earlier

The boys in the room played GM and traded for Tunsil......now they need to put their GM hats back on and get Tunsil extended with a new contract. While those hats are still on their heads, get Watson done now versus following their stupid rule of "not extending players while under contract" which got them in this shitehole to begin with.

The boys in the room played GM and traded for Tunsil......now they need to put their GM hats back on and get Tunsil extended with a new contract. While those hats are still on their heads, get Watson done now versus following their stupid rule of "not extending players while under contract" which got them in this shitehole to begin with.

There are several extensions or replacements to be made for next year including both corners, defensive line and linebacker. And of course Watson and watt after that

And no first round picks to fill holes

Where 'debunked' means refuted by BoB and his sycophants. You can apologise for him all you want, unfortunately it doesn't change the facts.

If in sycophants you mean replacing old (Myers/Smith) hurt an sickly (Newton/Brooks) you would be correct. It was time for a changing of the guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back