Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DeMeco Ryans traded to Philadelphia

Said it then and I'll say it now. Too any people see a player get a knee injury and do one or both of not allow a getting comfortable again period or just start seeing slower after a knee injury no matter what. Every player who has ever had a knee injury there are a slew of people saying "he's not what he used to be."

I guess if you say it about everyone you can be right on some and just forget the others or no offense doc explain it away as funnelling. DeMeco was never about raw athleticism. It was about football instinct, savvy and leadership.

Hopefully signing Pickett will allow the defense to funnel plays to Cushing. He is reminding me of Ryans in the range dept.

Cushing=Ryans next yr= best case senario

Said it then and I'll say it now. Too any people see a player get a knee injury and do one or both of not allow a getting comfortable again period or just start seeing slower after a knee injury no matter what. Every player who has ever had a knee injury there are a slew of people saying "he's not what he used to be."

I guess if you say it about everyone you can be right on some and just forget the others or no offense doc explain it away as funnelling. DeMeco was never about raw athleticism. It was about football instinct, savvy and leadership.

We could of had a MLB core of Ryans/Cushing, Ryans/Matthews, Ryans/Willis, but instead we get Cushing/Mohammad.

We could of had a MLB core of Ryans/Cushing, Ryans/Matthews, Ryans/Willis, but instead we get Cushing/Mohammad.

I would take Ryans Cushing right now and say the Texans would have won more games if it had stayed that way. I bet the win loss ratio when Cush was out wouldn't have been so big if Meco was here.

I still don't have a problem with this trade in a vacuum. I think Cushing getting hurt and other players/picks flaming out has hurt this team/defense more than anything else.

Had I known Cushing would get hurt AND we'd have massive personnel/draft issues I'd have said...yeah...keep the guy that you know is AT LEAST good when healthy.

No matter how you spin it trading Demeco was a mistake, and still is.. Although we may have been forced as he was expensive and we wouldn't have possibly been able to afford him.

- John

The point is, Demeco is a 3 down LB'er in Philly and he is playing his butt off. And playing well.

Bottom line is , we're a couple years down the road from moving Ryans because of cap issues .... and we're still up against the damn cap.

We couldn't pay him then , we couldn't afford him now.

Well, the team spent a 33rd overall pick and then got a 4th rounder in return for him. What did that turn into? 4th round hasn't been terrible for the Texans.

Well, in that case, it was a really shitty trade. I can't stand Ben Jones as a player.

I thought he had another solid game today. Dareus & Kyle Williams got the better of him a time or two, but an overall solid game.

:( poor DeMeco, another achilles injury.

Yep....

I don't know if his weight had anything to do with his injuries and performance, but I never liked him putting on weight after his rookie season....

I don't know the medicals of all this stuff, but if he can, hopefully he recovers fully and is able to finish his career...

IMO I doubt any change of weight had anything more to do with it than the angle that he landed and the overstretching of the tendon again. http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000421388/Instant-Replay-Did-DeMeco-Ryans-fumble

I wasn't really talking about this specific injury though it looks like I was.

I was moreso talking about his performance taking a dip and his injury he had while in Houston.

Demeco may have posted some nice stats, but to me, he never had that same burst he had his rookie season.

Back