Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carolina Panthers @ Houston Texans. 12/18. 12 CST. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

I'm chalking this one up to being a victim of Upset Sunday...

We lose to the Panthers
the Skins upset the Giants
the Chiefs upset the Packers
the Colts upset the Titans
the Seahawks upset the Bears...

I'm telling you, the damned world is upside down today.
:tinfoil:

Anyone willing to go against the grain would have cleaned up in Vegas today

The two best teams in the NFL lost today, no big deal.

I am chalking this up as a learning experience for the team, winning the division doesn't mean jack if you don't win your next game and especially the last game of the season.

Team needs to get back to the 1-0 mentality.

Losing to the Panthers is not shameful, they have a loaded offense and we have a 5th round rookie QB in his 3rd start.

Texans face a tough turnaround with the Thursday night game against the Colts who won today, so they'll be pumped up too.

Nope. It's hate and I don't compromise on hate. When I hate something I hate it absolutely. The closest I could come would be to root for Tebow to be decapitated in the first quarter and then for Brady Quin to come in and have a career day. That's about it.

The win would probably still be considered a genuine "Tebow Miracle".

Hate? Really. Sad.

Actually, I like him quite a bit. I hope the Texans play the Broncos in the playoffs.

Hate? Really. Sad.

Actually, I like him quite a bit. I hope the Texans play the Broncos in the playoffs.

Why? Did you not just see the problems that a mobile quarterback can give us? I'd rather play a smashmouth football team like the Steelers. No gimics, just football.

You're covered, full disclosure ;)

Thanks. Rest assured, I ain't posting on game day ever again until I see someone else's game day thread. :lol:

But, we're still in it. We got a home playoff game in a few weeks. We're still better off than 20 other teams in the NFL.

Hate? Really. Sad.

It's not hate. At least not for me. It's disgust that people who claim to know that football is the ultimate team game but who continue to put all the "glory" on one guy. Like the defense had nothing to do with keeping the team within striking distance. Like the RBs had nothing to do with making the defense respect the running threat. Like the receivers didn't have to work hard and get open enough for #15 to find them. Like the O-line didn't work hard to give the RBs lanes or #15 time to throw.

No credit to anyone else on the Broncos for their hard work... It's aaall #15.

To Tebow's credit, he always acknowledges his teammates' hard work. It's the media that is getting on my nerves.

It's not hate. At least not for me. It's disgust that people who claim to know that football is the ultimate team game but who continue to put all the "glory" on one guy. Like the defense had nothing to do with keeping the team within striking distance. Like the RBs had nothing to do with making the defense respect the running threat. Like the receivers didn't have to work hard and get open enough for #15 to find them. Like the O-line didn't work hard to give the RBs lanes or #15 time to throw.

To Tebow's credit, he always acknowledges his teammates' hard work. It's the media that is getting on my nerves.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'll rep you tomorrow when I'm on my PC, iPhone doesn't allow me to do that for some reason.

Hate? Really. Sad.

Nothing sad about it. It's a delicious enjoyable "wouldn't urinate in his mouth if his throat was on fire" kind of hate. It keeps me warm at night. I hate him with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

I tell you what, "hate" is really given a bad rap. Hating something can be a heck of a lot of fun and a pleasant way to pass the time. I hope to never have to watch Tim Tebow play again and really don't care how that circumstance comes about.

Absolutely, positively, 100% wrong.

Every time the media, fans, or whoever talk about the Broncos, they ALWAYS mention that the D and Prater aren't getting respect too. People don't realize that by saying that, they're giving the D and Prater, and whoever else credit.

People know it's not just Tebow. QB gets all praise and all blame. The reason he gets all the attention is that the turnaround happened when he came in as starter. Even if he's not helping on the field, that culture changed. He has the team and fans believing in him, in the defense (specifically Miller and Dumervil), in the coaches, and in the gameplan. And as much as the statheads love to harp on the notion that those intangible things don't matter, they most certainly do.

I understand the loss sucks from an overall record standpoint, but as far as tiebreakers go, if I'm not mistaken this loss doesn't hurt us too bad in the first tie scenario as Carolina wouldn't count for/against our conference record. Can someone confirm this?

Yes. If we wanted to lose one of the last three this was the one to lose.

That said, no guarantee we win both of the upcoming games considering our situation. I would feel infinitely more comfortable if we had Andre.

Back